it happens in a [blink] — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by anyu who has 34 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
prayin' for daylight, waitin' for that morning sun
so i can act like my whole life ain't goin' wrong
Sabre moved out of the way as the white female began to dig faster than he would have thought possible. For a moment he watched, slightly dumbfounded and not sure what to say, but then his protests began. "But I don't want to dig a hole," he whined, laying down on the ground as the dirt continued to fly and covering his face with his paws.

"It's so boring," he said, uncovering one eye for a moment to look at her before covering it back up again. He was really just being silly, but it was so difficult for him to be serious when he was with her. He was too happy, along with a lot of other emotions that he wasn't entirely sure he could make much sense of. "I'm not any good at digging them anyway," he muttered. And he really wasn't. He'd never raised a family and never had the need to maintain a den. He didn't know the first thing about dens!
baby come back to me, i swear I'll make it right
don't make me spend another lonely night prayin' for daylight
user posted image
<center>user posted image</center>
Played by Wolfie who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rainuh Shadowstalker
Rainuh giggled at Sabre's playful whining and padded over to him. She licked his cheeks lovingly and laid on the ground in front of him, giggling yet again as she laid nose to nose with the male she loved. Her tail wagged back and forth behind her, showing her contentedness. <b>"I think you did a good job on it, Love. It shouldn't take much longer to finish up, but we can always do that tomorrow. It's big enough for us to sleep in tonight, at least."</b>
Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
Sabre slowly uncovered his paws to look at Rainuh. His tail wagged playfully, but he stayed on the ground. Then he snorted and lifted his head up. "Big enough?" he repeated with mock incredulity. "It's not even underground yet!" With that he leaped to his paws and jumped back into his somewhat larger hole. It was disproportionate and misshapen at this point, and it would never be perfect, but he knew that he could fix it up.

Well, really he was just making more of a mess of it than before. He shoveled dirt out quickly with his paws, spraying more of the fine substance all over his already dirt-covered fur. Looking at his lovely hole, he decided that it needed to start widening out a bit so that they could both sleep in it comfortably. However, fully widening it and making it underground would take some time. He began to dig in a more vertical manner, going into the back wall of the large hole, digging beneath the surface to begin the makings of a ceiling.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rainuh Shadowstalker
Rainuh watched him for a moment before leaping to her feet happily and joining him to help. She moved to another part of the hole and started digging there, being more careful than she had before now that she had worked some of her energy off and could think more clearly about what actually needed doing. While Sabre worked on the cieling, she dug at the walls, widening it out a little more.
Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
Sabre moved over to make more room for Rainuh and they continued to dig together. Soon the hole would be looking a lot more like a den and his goal for making the den large enough for two wolves might become a reality. Of course, if there were ever more than two wolves then it would have to be enlarged even further, but that was something that they could think about in the future, if the issue ever came up.

Soon the hole did indeed look much more like a den. With two wolves working on it the job had been finished much faster. Now underground, Sabre looked around at their work. The ceiling was a bit low, but that was something that he would have to work on later. Perhaps he could take on some home improvement projects once they were more settled here. At the moment the only thing he really needed was a bath.

Not quite sure where Rainuh was, he called out. "I think it's time for a bath!" His fur carried no trace of black now. It was covered by brown dirt that masked the black beneath it. They would have to find a river or a pond of some sort to get all of the dirt off of both of them. With that in mind, he squeezed out of the entrance to the den. It was time to go in search of some nearby water.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Rainuh Shadowstalker
Rainuh shook some of the dirt out of her own fur and sneezed before calling in reply, <b>"Coming!"</b> She stretched her stiffening muscles before giggling and prancing after him, racing to catch up. She couldn't wait to take a bath in some nice cool water.