920 Users Online
Bing, Nash, Google, Eros, Leo, Micaden

Dreamcoat — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Redd who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
Well... that was unexpected

Whatever plan she had gone through in her head, this wasn't the way things were meant to have played out. She was here, in essence, to put Kjell on the highest possible pedestal and win him a heart that was more present than the ever absent Bishop. Somewhere along the line she'd become so wrapped up in her own plans that she had blinded herself to the plots and ploys of the other woman. Out of thin air it seemed, she had what sounded like an offer to join a pack.

The question wasn't about whether she wanted to or not - ever the spoiled elder bitch she was. It was more about whether she could. She was in her later years - there was no denying that, but was she so far gone that she could allow herself to sit anywhere but at the top? As it stood now she ran her own life. Was she willing and able to put herself at the beck and call of someone else? Willing yes, but able...

The back of her throat sounded a hum of concentration as the cogs clicked through her mind, ultimately concluding that while it may not have been the smartest thing for her plan - what if these strangers turned out to be friends of Kjors or worse, his pack mates? If they weren't though, it would offer her valuable resource, and who could say what kind of information she would learn in the process. Really, how hard would it be to convince Kjell to tag along with her when the boy returned?

"You remind me of... me." The corners of her black lips turned up into a barely-visible smirk. "Trust me when I tell you that's a very flattering compliment." Kneading her claws on the ground, she gave one look over her shoulder, in case the shape of Kjell should reappear under the dancing lights in the otherwise dark sky above, an omen perhaps of good fortune. Who could ignore a symbol like that?

"Count me in." The response was snapping, quick. "I'm sure there's something yet this old bag of dusty bones can offer you and yours." Yes... this would do her wonders. It might cost her whatever time and energy she'd need to invest in this woman and her counterparts, but the returns she hoped would outweigh the cost. Still the gambling type, it seemed. The risk taker even in her later years.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2016, 01:47 PM by Avari.)
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Ahahaha tell me about it <.< *Sets timeline on fire* if you would like to reply again to wrap it up you are welcome to or we can just leave it here :) i think you can request lone wolf docks to be removed back to the start date of this thread in maintenence once I've added her to the roster :)

The other wolf seemed to be thinking things over and then she said something unexpected, that Morganna reminded her of herself. She smiled and considered the words for a moment, a very flattering compliment indeed. Lately she had begun to wonder if she would even manage to see her third birthday, perhaps with this woman on side with all her worldly experience, she might manage to make it that far yet. When she answered Morganna smiled an easy smile. "O' course I wouldn't dream o' keepin' you away from yer son." she clarified. If he came along too, the more the merrier, if not, well it sounded like he was a big boy and more than capable of getting by just fine on his own.

When she went on to suggest that she was sure there was something she could offer an idea dawned on the darker wolf. Of course she would always hold her mothers opinion in the highest regard, but sometimes a different perspective was all you needed to solve problems that wouldn't go away. After all, if you kept doing the same thing and expecting different results wasn't that the very definition of idiocy? A different perspective was probably how she had come to depend so heavily on @Craw, not just for the lessons he offered her in sparring but the simple way he convinced her that her problems weren't nearly as large as she thought them. "I'm sure a fresh set o' ears an' a different world view could prove ter be more value ter me than another hunter or guardian." she suggested. Yes, it had been a long time since anyone in the Ridge had held the title of advisor.
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Redd who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
Figured this was a good spot to like... pshaww... since it's so old but yeah... Lemme know if there's more to happen
It was with little more than a nod of her head that she acknowledged all that had already been said. No, this certainly wasn't how she had planned to play things out, but if Kjell was anything like her in spirit he would be fine wandering on his own. Whether he would appreciate her recruitment without his input on the other hand, remained to be seen, but there was something about this woman Morganna, something that just pulled Avari's gut to lay down her cards.

"He will come if he pleases, and I'll present him to you when the time arrives." It was, after all, hardly fair to assume that one could just assume a position based on the fact that they were blood. That might have been the way things worked in fairy tales. Reality was a different kettle of dead fish."Until then..." she trailed off. The rest would be written as it came. She'd follow the trails back to this former strangers land, and perhaps in some very different way the reign of Avari would carry on for some months, or years to come...

/exit(?)