1,076 Users Online
Bing, Google

bottled up
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 152 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote><i>We couldn't have done anything.</i>

Trisden frowned and bit her lip, but still kept her gaze elevated. Helplessness, that was the worst thing about it all. When your actions counted for nothing, and prayers didn't work, what was left? Blind hope? How were you supposed to keep everything together when things were so often out of your control? Prosper leaving, father leaving - Trisden had once wanted to know why, and then she had wanted to know who to blame. Then she had wanted to know how to fix it, even though, by that stage, she had accepted it as impossible.

<i>He left.</i>

Trisden hated that she couldn't control and restrain such selfish acts of free will. Perhaps, if she was stronger, one day she could.

<b>"Yeah, I know. It's still dumb... I wish things were different."</b> But there was no point in doing that. Instead, she snorted, shaking her head, finally breaking her line of sight to look at Hocus, assuming a more typical smirk. <b>"You can go back to bed, if you want. I'll stay out here for a bit."</b></blockquote>
Played by Sarah who has 63 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hocus Lyall
Trisden's smirk was a poor ruse; Hocus saw right through her. She was clearly upset, although about what, Hocus couldn't pinpoint. It probably had to do with their mother, Trisden's emotions were closely tied to hers, but the specifics eluded him. It seemed a lot of people abandoned them.

Hocus was dismissed from her presence but he didn't move. His bed beckoned him, probably cold and ill-formed but dry nonetheless. Somehow, though, he managed to stop himself bolting for home. Trisden's words had opened him to the possibility that they were not all that safe, and he didn't like the idea of leaving Trisden alone out here. Either something would get her or she might do something brash. The latter was always a possibility, especially when her tensions were high. Hocus instead padded over to her and sat down, looking at the sky. <b>"Ya'know,"</b> he said with a small smile, <b>"I think that cloud <i>does</i> look like a wolf."</b>
Played by Siki who has 152 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Trisden Lyall
<blockquote>For once, he truly surprised her. Hocus, so close to her but always such a counterpart to her brashness, did that which she hadn't expected in the slightest.

As she watched him deny himself sleep and move closer, her eyes widening as she realised the choice he was making, she couldn't help but feel a surge of affection and gratitude.

<b>"So, it's you, then,"</b> she said with a small smirk, still privately touched by his actions and, for once, not bothering to hide it. If he could put aside his natural inclination, then why couldn't she? He had already seen all of her vulnerability, anyway. Bumping his shoulder affectionately, she placed a kiss on his muzzle before lifting her gaze to the sky as well, watching the moon-lighted clouds pass overhead.</blockquote>