(See All?) Announcements
416 Users Online
Google, Bing

I'm in the shadow of the sun — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 390 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
It was good to see Sharlee was learning quickly, and remembering what she learned, and so Clover allowed herself to step back away from the role of the healer and allow herself to relax and be the one being healed. It was strange, but she trusted her friend, and having the two boys around was good as well. It would allow Archer to be a bit more hands-on with his learning as well.

She took a few moments to ready herself before slowly walking forward, taking her time as she stepped and leaning against Sharlee and Eros when needed. There was no need to pretend to be strong, and she would take whatever assistance she could gladly. Archer zig-zagged in front of the trio, testing the ground and announcing there was another slippery patch. Clover moved over to where he said it was more stable, dodging around the icy area with help from the two on either side.

At the slow pace it took a short while, but the group eventually made it back to her medicinal den, and with only a small bit of trouble Clover managed to slip inside and rest in the back corner where she had set up small furs for her patients. Of course, now she was the patient, but she still had the knowledge required to deal with her injured shoulder.

"Thank you for helping me get here," she said to the three with a wide smile, but only allowed a few moments before turning to Sharlee and offering some instructions. "I have some Prairie Crocus in the corner, a purple flower with green stalks and leaves. If you make a poultice with the leaves it can be applied to the skin to help with joint and muscle pain." Clover felt confidant that Sharlee would remember how to make a poultice, but she would offer any guidance if needed.

She then turned to the two boys, especially Archer. "I also have some Hellebore stored here, could you grab a few sprigs for me please?" It would be a good test to see if Archer remembered what the herb looked like, and what it did. The Hellebore would work faster than the Prairie Crocus poultice in reducing the pain, but it wouldn't be as effective long-term.
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee knew Clovers injury wasn't life threatening. All joked aside she was still worried about her friend. It was very clear that she was in pain and that was upsetting to the Valle woman. The only thing to do of course to male sure that her friend was well taken care of. With the help of Eros and Archer of course.

She'd decided that despite the fact that they had a tendency to get into trouble they were good boys. They both had good hearts and it made her smile the way they wanted to help Clover get back to her den and get better. As they made their way through the backwater toward the den the boys did just as she'd asked. Sharlee could tell they were reluctant to leave the healers side. That was just fine by her, they had a right to worry too. Archer for his part was also directing them on the best path to take to make sure Clover didn't step on or trip over anything.

Once they reached the medical den Clover was able to slip inside. Sharlee was right there in case the healer needed any kind of he'll. Once her injured friend had disappeared into the den Sharlee stuck her head in and watched as Clover curled up in the back. "Its rather cozy in here," she commented calmly though inside she was still worried that the trip back might have bothered the injury despite their best efforts.

Sharlee smiled and nodded when Clover Thanked the three of them. "Its what friends do, I'm glad I could be there and here now to help you when you need it." After all hadn't Clover helped all of them at one point or another. Clovers gaze was on her as she spoke giving instructions on what to do with a plant called Prarie Crocus. Sharlee followed the description that Clover gave and quickly found the plant. "Got it, I'll work on that poultice," she said before setting to work. She recalled the lesson she'd had with Clover on how to put it together.

Meanwhile the healer also gave the boys some instructions as well. Sharlee set to work on the poultice, "I should have this ready in just a couple of minutes," she let Clover know.
Played by Cade who has 502 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
With Archer's guidance, Sharlee's support and Eros' sniping they got her safely to the infirmary where all the things that would make her better awaited them. Clover gave them all more ways to help, but he seemed to be the only one who didn't know what plants she was naming off. His nose wriggled and a small frown crossed over his muzzle. Did... did Archer know what Sprigs and Hellebore were?
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2022, 05:04 AM by Eros.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young Bull Elk has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health
Played by Flywolf who has 339 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer sat proudly aside when they reached the medicine den without further incident. He'd done his job and he'd done it well, and Clover had made it back as a result. She thanked them as she slipped inside and Archer puffed out his chest even as she began giving instructions. When she turned her attention to the boys, Archer's ears pricked up. He remembered the Hellebore!

He gave a firm nod and leapt back to his feet. He'd examined the herbs carefully when she'd given him their little lesson, and he was able to go straight to the plant and select the best sprigs to bring to her. "Here you go," he said as she dropped them at her paws. "I thought you said they were for sickness though?" he added. She'd certainly said aches and pains, but he didn't know that mean even hurts caused without being sick.

Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Played by Melorama who has 390 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Sharlee quickly got to work at making the poultice, seeming content with doing it independently which allowed Clover to focus on the two boys. Eros hung back, seeming confused based on the frown on his face, but Archer was swift in grabbing the Hellebore for her. She sniffed at them as he spoke, using her nose to make sure the sprigs were still in a good enough condition to ingest, but one ear flicked his way to catch his words.

"Not just sicknesses. Hellebore is used for aches and pains no matter if they are caused by an illness or a physical injury," she said, her gaze flitting between both Archer and Eros with a warm smile, wanting to make sure both boys were included, even if Eros didn't have any particular interest in herbs and healing.

She then began to chew on the stalks, pulling only a small face at the dryness and tang of the herb, and while she knew of ways to make it more palatable to eat she had no real issue with it just as is. Once it was all finally eaten Clover shifted onto her uninjured shoulder so that once Sharlee was finished with the poultice, the woman would be able to apply it all around the joint.

"Thank you once again for the assistance," she said to both boys. "You're welcome to stay and watch as Sharlee applies the poultice, but you may leave if you would rather be somewhere else." She wanted to give them an easy out if neither were interested in sticking around, as that way they would hopefully feel less awkward about asking if they could leave.
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee was working diligently on the poultice that she hoped would have Clover feeling better in a couple of days. Behind her she could hear the conversation going on about the sprigs of Hellabore that Archer had gotten. She heard Clover explain how it wasn't just for illness. The Valle woman looked up from her poultice making, "May I see those a moment Archer?" She wanted to get a look at them so she would know what they looked like.

Just about the time Clover had given the boys an out she finished up with the poultice. Taking it she moved around to Clovers shoulder before looking up at the boys to see whether they would stay and watch or go find something else they'd rather be doing.

Once she was ready she began spreading the concoction onto her friends shoulder. She made sure to do the best job she could. "Hopefully this will have you feeling better in no time."
Played by Cade who has 502 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Archer's response was bother swift and, apparently, perfectly on target. Eros' peach eyes widened as he watched his brother, obedient and skillful at Clover's request of all wolves. Blinking, he couldn't help but sourly wonder what else he didn't know about his closest sibling. Aunt Sharlee likewise proved to be a nonchalantly adept assistant. It was just him that was out of the loop, that much was clear. Weird.

"I wanna stay," he answered Ma, before fixing Archer with a pointed stare.

"Since when do you know about plant magic?"
Played by Flywolf who has 339 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer prickled with pride that he'd managed to get the right herb and get good ones. Even Aunt Shar wanted a look at them before Clover started eating them, which earned her a disgusted face. He'd known she was going to do it, but even carrying them had left a dusty flavor on his tongue. She had to actually eat them. Gross.

He was about to turn to leave when Eros declared he was staying and turned an almost accusatory question on Archer. The younger Valle looked at him. "Clover taught me a little while ago," he said. Hadn't Eros known that? "She told me about hellebore and yarrow, and that they're good for making sick wolves better." There had been a lot more to it than that, but if Eros wanted to learn he could ask. Archer didn't feel like going over all of it again right now.

Unfortunately, if Eros was staying, that meant he had to stay, too.

Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.