968 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apolline

a shipwreck in the sand — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 526 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
YOU DON'T WANNA HURT ME, BUT SEE HOW DEEP THE BULLET LIES

Every attempt to move past faltered for him. At the words 'he asked' Eros' head was pushed back underwater. Archer did... ? He wanted to say it but his throat closed in around his brother's name. Part of him wanted to know, dearly, every detail of the time this wolf had spent with him. To have as much as he could of his sibling, even if it caused even more pain. Maybe it would get easier, when it wasn't just days fresh, if his grief could ever be less than a storm-thrown ocean. For now, even as he tried his hardest, Eros simply couldn't bring himself to ask.

Her answer about the Cove eliminated that chance foothold for anger to return and take the reins, but there was little reflection on the matter. He'd already been swept away from it regardless, just as unimpressive in its going as it had been appearing.

'I should warn you...'

The unexpected segue perked his ears, gaze settling questioningly on her face. What... ? Again? One could nearly see his mind making its connections as he blinked back at her dully. In the forest?

Eros' posture lifted abruptly to its proper height, eyes snapping wide. Sharpening for the first time in days.

"Who was attacked?" he asked, a deep gravity to his voice, "Did they give you a name?"

UNAWARE, I'M TEARING YOU ASUNDER, THUNDER IN OUR HEARTS
(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2024, 11:25 PM by Eros.)
Played by Van who has 124 posts.
Sanguine Cove VIII. Subordinate
Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
He stood taller and his expression changed, and Nori found herself tensing at the sight, recalling how he'd blocked her from leaving the Backwater. How aggressive he'd been. It gave her pause, especially considering the fact she'd picked up on some... tension between the packs in her time spent with them.

"Look, I don't know if I should..." she began, shoulders rising a little as she took a step back. "I don't know what's been going on between the Cove and the Backwater, and I don't want to... cause anything else." Leo was by himself, unguarded and wounded, and if he was the wolf this guy was looking for, then wouldn't that be bad?

But the Backwater wolf seemed so intense, and so serious about this.

Honey brown eyes narrowed just a touch - suspicious and considering rather than angry. "Why do you want to know?" she asked him. His answer would be the deciding factor in her giving him a name or not.
Eros Valle

That made sense, and he shifted on his paws with his own discomfort. It shouldn't matter, certainly sounded like whoever the victim was wasn't dying, but... Well, what if Leo hadn't made it back and was at risk of becoming a third casualty? They'd said the daughter had lost a leg... Talking himself in and out of it within his head, his gaze had steadily lowered until it was at the ground.

This mountain really was the worst fucking thing in the world. Archer died trying to cross it, and he was getting distracted worrying about someone he was meant to have sworn off the last time one of his siblings died here. Over a year ago. They were supposed to have been done with all of this over a year ago-

She asked why, and Eros attempted to pull his focus back to her. He was trembling again, just barely, but he knew it.

"I..." don't want to say. It would eat at him if he didn't know, though, even if it shouldn't. He'd end up getting home to deliver his news and then searching the forests to try and find his own proof. Always a reason to be gone from home, ever since winter's end...

"I just want to know it's not Leo," he admitted, his voice smaller now.

"I saw him at Heartleaf, just before..." just before crossing to find Archer, but he still couldn't speak of that. Eros cleared his throat, tried to ask with surety, "He's come home by now, right?"

If not, he needed to talk to @Nash. Leo couldn't be out there alone, not with two of their pack now having been attacked.

Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
I just want to know it's not Leo.

Well, Nori had some more bad news for him. More bad news before she gave bad news to Nash. Was she ever going to be able to be free of this sort of bad news spiral she'd gotten caught up in? It was beginning to make her feel sick, especially because he seemed to care for the wounded man.

It was her turn to hesitate, which might as well have been its own response. But she supposed he deserved to know, if the emotion in his voice was anything to go by. There was something there - something almost like what Nori had felt for Jethro, perhaps.

She would want to know if it was him.

"It is," she said, voice low. "I can't tell you any more than that - I'm sorry. But it is Leo who got hurt."
Eros Valle

It is? His mind slowed, maybe intentionally. Can't tell him more, but-

His stomach dropped, cold panic forcing itself into every. It wasn't going to stop, it was never going to stop; Leo, Oleander, his parents, the triplets, Ally-

Eros launched forward, surging past the tragic messenger and hurdling toward Sanguine Cove's borders.

Noriaki Eastfall-Koizumi
Oh, shit. The man turned and sprinted off, and Nori had no choice but to follow.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 02:05 AM by Nori.)