1,053 Users Online
Google, Bing

We Left — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
She's such a HUSSY!

She took comfort from his crooked smile. It suited his face well, but his compassion wasn't something she had expected. His touch even less so. Warmth radiated from the spot where his nose brushed her cheek and moved along her muzzle to bump against her nose. Her heart skipped a beat and if she could have blushed she would have been as red as a beet. Her eyes quickly fell to observe his large paws, so close to hers before he moved back, but still closer than before. It was then she realised how long it had been since she had made contact with any but her son. Oh. The silent thought passed through her mind, unable to contain the confused surprise from her face.

Oh indeed.

She took another moment to look the male over. He held himself proudly, and with good reason. Yes, he would do just... fine. "Ah, so what's the plan, your highness?" Yet again, the man was full of surprises, preempting her train of thought. Shaking off the giddy confusion that coursed through her system, her eyes hardened again.

"I was going to challenge my way back up... Until that dunderheaded Hervok intervened." She growled low with his name. "No better than that rat Kamota, with his puffed up sense of self importance, thinking I would harm my own son." The anger that had been bubbling through her veins before his approach was quickly coming back to her. They had pushed her to this. There was really only one option now.

She couldn't very well march up to the Lake alone and demand they hand over her children. Not yet. "When the time comes... would you come with me Tenzin? Would you come to the Lake and help me get my babies back?" The words almost caught in her throat, he was after all, a complete stranger, and for now, she had nothing to offer him in return.

Not yet.

[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Abbie who has 53 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Tenzin Laylani
So she said, "What's the problem baby?"
What's the problem I don't know
Well maybe I'm in love, think about it every time
I think about it, can't stop thinking 'bout it

Tenzin satisfyingly drew his soft, pink tongue over his white-and-red chops. He wanted to know more. He stifled a yawn, his energy was running low from all this hurrying around the haunted forest he called home. He watched her confused expression after he had embraced her, yet he hadn't really cared. But what the fair maiden before him said made him spark with curiosity.

"I was going to challenge my way back up... Until that dunderheaded Hervok intervened." Oh. So this is why she hasn't just earned her way back up the ranks. 'Hervok' was quite the unusual name.He made sure to make a mental note of this man, who seemed to bother her. He smirked, thinking of what they could do to get this male out of the way of their plans. Then, with no doubt, the next thing that came out of her maw fueled him to follow her cause. "No better than that rat Kamota, with his puffed up sense of self importance, thinking I would harm my own son." They were on the same page. This was good. Very good.

So good that it gave Tenzin Laylani bliss. Just after she said that, Tenzin busted out in a devious laugh. His voice sounded like rocks, raspy and undefined as he chuckled. Eventually, when he died down, the brute managed to giggle and rasp out, "Would you believe me If I tried to tell you that the rat with a toad head is my little brother? Of course, he did decide to change his last name after he was somehow... traumatized by something that happened when we were pups."

He gave her a snaggletoothed grin, glad to have someone..anyone on his side. But it didn't matter to him whether or not if people stood by him. It always seemed to be like that here, this new land, not a single wolf takes your side when you most need it most importantly. "When the time comes... would you come with me Tenzin? Would you come to the Lake and help me get my babies back?"

This time, her response took his off guard. He did say he would help her, but didn't expect her to go all emotional on him. He couldn't understand the need to pro-create and have pups. He never would, but Naira did. That was all that mattered at that moment, when Tenzin Laylani looked her dead in the eye and muttered a simple response, "Hell yeah.

(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2012, 01:05 PM by Tenzin.)
[Image: NPminiCBD.png]
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/NairaBabel.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #36424a;">

The revelation the wolf that stood before her was related to one whose eyes she wanted nothing more than to put out, momentarily took her by surprise. His explanation rang true, she could see him being the type to hold a chip on his shoulder as far back as children being children. His snaggletoothed grin tugged at her chest and pulled a giggle from her chest, even as her heart leapt into her mouth while she waited his response to such a heavy question.

'Hell Yeah.' The simplicity of his response pulled a ragged grin to her face. Perhaps, if she gained enough support... But then she would need someone to stand at her side... Her thoughts were a jumble of possibilities. Of what if's.

Guilt, for a moment, stabbed through her battered heart. Guilt at the thought of betraying him - the thought of betraying her Rhysis. But was he really her Rhysis anymore? Was there any rescuing the crazed beast that had attacked her and her son? His son? And she still had no idea what had happened to Lilly... It was all too much and her brain shut down. She simply sit there with a devious smile, grateful to find a companion, a comrade... and maybe something more?

Emboldened by his casual stance towards her, she rose and stepped forward, tipping her head downwards until her crown came to rest beneath his chin, her muzzle buried in his chest, truly taking in his scent and committing it to memory, filed under ally. Her ears laid back with a small hidden smile of gratitude. She could win this fight. Together they may just be able to conquer the world.

Inactive No Rank
Tenzin Laylani
So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine."
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine."

Tenzin watched the tawny mistress sit with a ragged, devious smile that became truly beautiful to him. Yes, a gorgeous start for a new alliance. Naira seemed to be thinking. Somewhere behind those golden eyes were thoughts and dreams he wished to hear; but he knew they would have to wait for later times. "You know, Naira...I know this is a sensitive subject. I wanted to ask what your mate...is like." The large viking grunted, his voice curious but not emotional one bit.

"It wouldn't hurt to know..in case I run across him." Tenzin murmured thoughtfully. A moment later, he watched the girl rise and approach. She pressed her frosty nose against his icy fur, sending chills down his spine. She kneaded her head into his pelt, warming his skin as her ears went down and she rested her head under his chin. Her soft fur brushed against his head, and it made him smile. He titled his head down and lapped at her forehead affectionately, waiting for her to step away. But he definitely wouldn't mind her staying there forever.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/becuffin/NairaBabel.jpg) bottom no-repeat; background-color: #36424a;">

And my head told my heart
Let love grow.
But my heart told my head
This time no, this time no...

She would need to remove her nose from the fur at his chest to answer his question and so she hesitated for a moment before tilting her head to the side, bringing it to rest against his shoulder instead... almost as if she were afraid that if she pulled away the wolf before her would vanish.

She had to think on his words for a moment, an image of Rhysis floating clearly in her mind. She had every detail memorised from the silver flecks about his face to the occasional flash of blue in his steely grey eyes, his lankiness and the way he cocked his head to the side... The only visible difference between father and son was that Adonis's eyes were flecked with gold.

"He is a large wolf, longer in the legs than wide. His coat is mostly black and he has grey eyes with flecks of blue. There is some silver about his face, and he speaks with a southern drawl... although I don't know how much good it will do. He didn't even know himself the last I saw of him." she admitted tiredly. It was all too much. Too much for one wolf to carry alone.

Perhaps her idea was foolish, how would she support three children still learning to hunt once she had them? One had almost killed her. If she could save her love they could stand a chance, but it was buckleys compared to none as far as she could see. If only...

With a heavy sigh she admitted defeat and pulled back a little from the wolf she had been leaning into. It was hopeless, and she just had to admit it. "Who am I fooling? We don't stand a chance. Even if we do manage to get them back I have no way to support them through winter." she admitted with a growl of annoyance. Unless she gathered enough followers, who were willing to stick by her, and started another pack, there was no point to even entertaining the idea. It was too big of a question to ask someone she had just met, and she would not demand the loyalty of strangers. Not yet.

Inactive No Rank
Tenzin Laylani
He watched her tawny head move slowly to his shoulder, her mouth coming into view so that she could answer. His liquid orange eyes blinked a few times, hardening in a manner that brought back a serious air around him. She seemed to think for a moment, which made him want to take a walk inside her mind for a little while, and he started aimlessly pondering about what she thought about. His eyes glanced to the light grayish blue sky. He took in a whiff of the air. It never seemed to alter, and the only thing fresh that hung in the dense fog was the scent of the individual beside him.

"He is a large wolf, longer in the legs than wide. His coat is mostly black and he has grey eyes with flecks of blue. There is some silver about his face, and he speaks with a southern drawl... although I don't know how much good it will do. He didn't even know himself the last I saw of him." Naira's voice seemed to have a tired rasp to it. He became somewhat sleepy himself. As she spoke, he began to form a picture in his mind of this wolf. Handsome, he guessed. But in Tenzin's mind, the man seemed fast and lanky. Hopefully, not too fast to catch. If that was the case, he was probably going to be a problem for the Laylani brute.

Naira abruptly moved back from him, exposing the area of fur her head had warmed to the cold breeze. She took a deep breath and looked defeated already. A familiar sore feeling penetrated his gray and red chest, making him swell up in frustration as she began to speak and ramble about how she just couldn't do it. "Who am I fooling? We don't stand a chance. Even if we do manage to get them back I have no way to support them through winter." Ten's ears perked with newfound surprise to this woman. Doubt? He hadn't expected this, but every wolf had their pros and cons in life. Actually, he did expect her to break sometime soon. She was just feeling like life was impossible. Her situation did indeed look depressing. Children put in the paws of another pack ruled by another lady who wasn't their mother, and a physco mate who ran off.

She was desperate for a way to do this the easy way, but until Ten saw all of the options she had, he couldn't offer a single one except for this, "Look, Naira, this may seem impossible, but it's only going to be worse from here. I simply can not promise that we will track down your mate and bring him back. But one thing I can promise is that we'll get those pups back and you'll find a way to keep them alive through winter." He saw flecks of unreadable emotions in her eyes, but he didn't try to read them. He looked at her, hoping she could just pull herself together. What he said wasn't emotional or to appeal to her and what she wanted to hear. They were facts.

Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

She was on an emotional roller-coaster but she had found support for her sob story in the most unlikely of places. It was cleansing to get at least some of it out, and only further cemented her belief that she was on the right path. She had to go through with it.

His words were practical, and he maintained an objective view while she lost herself in her emotions and doubts. At a time like this she needed a wolf just like the man before her (it didn't hurt that he was easy to look at, despite his scars, or perhaps because of them), and she was more than grateful for his support. Perhaps they could make this work...

No. They would make this work.

Her new found resolve bought the twisted grin back to her face. Perhaps she was going mad... She knew she had lingered far longer than she should have. Bringing herself to her feet, she brushed past the male one final time, spinning to bring her muzzle near his ear. "Thank you Tenzin. If you need me, come to the mountains and walk by the borders, I will follow your scent." she whispered, gently resting her muzzle against his cheek once last time before taking her leave. "Otherwise, I will find you when it is time... or if the plan needs to change."

And then she was gone. Vanishing amongst the trees leaving little but her lingering scent and a memory she would struggle to shake.

{END}