717 Users Online
Bing, Google

whisper it — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote><b>"Mother?"</b>

It was stupid, it was unfounded, but the panic had set in. They were just sounds on the wind, a feeling in the air, but the fur on the back of her neck had prickled. Belladonna was not one to ignore what the air told her. She couldn't explain it, but something horrid had flown past, a terrible deed or a thought or simply an intention - flown over her, looking for its target, somebody to hurt, and a horrid shiver had run down her spine.

It had been gone as quickly as she had felt it, but the sensation lingered like nausea in her gut. Frightened, she had sprinted back to home, seeking the comfort of the land which kept her safe, the land which only whispered kind things. Perhaps she had strayed too far, touched on a feral wind. The world was a big place, and she was no longer small and naive. Innocent and unsullied, Bella listened. There was wisdom to be found in listening - to the trees, to the other wolves, to the wind. It made her feel stronger.

The world was a big place, and if it was filled with more chills like that, Bella was all the happier to stay at home and never leave. Not until she was bigger, stronger, and wiser. Random terrors didn't scare adults, after all. And maybe one day, she would be able to send pleasing thoughts on the wind to counteract them before they even landed.

<b>"Mother?"</b> she called again, calmer, less frantic. Her heard still beat hard, but she was in control again. She had found sanctuary, and if she could find Athena, the chill would be thawed out completely, for nothing was stronger than the comfort of a mother's presence.</blockquote>
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AthenaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">With all the stress that Athena has been put through lately, she desperately needed a day to just relax. Today was that day. She decided to stay by the den, spreading out across the cool, soft ground. The warm light that managed to slip through the clouds warmed her side as she breath in the scent of the mountains and forest around her. It smelt so good to her. It smelt just like home should smell.

The relaxed Leader wasn’t focusing on anything around her too much, so when a frantic voice ran out through the land, she was about to faint sound. She wasn’t sure who it was or what they had said, but they sounded distressed. Whoever it was was too far away for her to hear them clearly. She stood up then, her ears pressed forward straining to hear anything else. After a few moments, she was about to assume it was just another animal or the wind, but then she heard it again – this time louder.

She instantly knew who it was that was calling. Before she was able to race off very far, the tawny girl appeared. Her heart still beating hard in her chest, she met her child at the entrance, her neck wrapping around to embrace the girl. “I’m here.” She whispered gently, feeling the fast beating of Bella’s heart against her chest.
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote>The moment Athena appeared, Bella relaxed, the relief visible on her face. Her mother embraced her and all the terrors in the world melted away into insignificance. Even as her own heart began to slow to a regular beat, she could feel the pounding of her mother's, and a wave of silly guilt washed over her. It had all been nothing, not really, but it had been hard to explain that to herself whilst she had been in the grips of it.

<b>"I just frightened myself,"</b> she muttered into the white fur, pressing her head into her mother's neck, letting the warmth and smell flood her. <b>"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It was... there was a sound on the wind, it made me shiver, but it's gone now."</b> If she looked at herself as an outsider, she could see how such an explanation may appear weak or childish, but it was the truth. Nobody had attacked or threatened her. Though her mother didn't share her passions, Bella never felt foolish voicing them, even when it was something as abstract and bodiless as this.

Closing her eyes tight, she tucked herself against her mother closer and put the disquieting memory out of her mind.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/AthenaTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 200px;padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Triangular ears listened to the sweet honey sound of Bella’s voice as she tried to explain why she had been so frightened. Athena could have thought the young child’s reason for being frightened as silly, but her little girl should never get frightened in her own home. Nobody should ever become frightened in their own home. Home is supposed to feel safe and comforting, not scary and fear-provoking. Guilt flashed across her face as she leaned back away from her daughter to look at the tawny girl’s face.

“It’s alright. Nothing is going to hurt my dear Bella as long as I’m here,” she whispered, licking the top of the girl’s crown. “I will always be here for you.”Looking deep into the amber eyes, she smiled, her own fiery eyes twinkling with the adoration that she held for the young child. “Would you like to take a little trip with me?” Athena asked, her smile getting wider as she waited for Bella’s reaction. If Belladonna agreed, she was going to take her to her secluded spot where she always watched the sunset and sunrise. Perhaps they can make it in time for the sunset as well?
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
<blockquote>The words of comfort had the magical effect that Bella had needed, and as her mother promised safety, so the girl relaxed, unable to sustain any degree of fear when warm and protected. <i>I will always be here for you,</i> Athena promised, and Bella beamed at her, innocent and happy at the declaration. She had never doubted it, not for a moment, and it was a thing often promised, but it held the same power each and every time. Words lost to her, she reached forward to lick her mother's nose, promising the same in return, always the same.

As if the previously offered comfort was not enough, her mother sealed it by offering a new distraction. Bella loved to see her smile and easily she mirrored it, the girl's tail wagging at the mere request of going on an adventure. <b>"Oooh, where are we going?"</b> There had surely been no doubt that she would leap on the opportunity, for what was better than spending time with the wolves she loved? Save for spending time with the wolves she loved and a good wind ruffling her fur and a spectacular view in the background, of course.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Love radiated off both of them as they embraced each other. The smile on Bella’s face said it all, Athena’s tail wagged at the excitement in her voice. ”It’s a surprise,” she told the young girl, her fiery eyes sparkling with affection towards her. Gently nipping at the tawny girl’s ear playfully, she began to make her way to her special spot up in the mountains. The place where she finds peace and can think on her thoughts without interruption. It was her place, but she wanted Bella to experience the beauty that she finds in the mountain and the sun when it rises and sets.

“This way.” She called out to Bella as they made their way up the distinguished path that she used often. The young girl was very good at climbing the steep mountain, which wasn’t unexpected. However, it had taken a little more time than usual, having to stop a couple times, but they weren’t doing too bad. ”Almost there.” She could see the ledge and the two boulders that she so frequently laid upon, looking out across the lands and watching the sun rise and set.

Her hardened paws finally reached their destination, only pausing once to wait for Bella. Her fiery eyes glanced back to see the girl’s reaction. They had just made it in time for the sunset. The horizon was a mixture of oranges and pinks, making the lands glow. ”Isn’t it beautiful.” She asked before leaping up onto her boulder, motioning Bella towards the other one
Inactive No Rank
Belladonna Calor
A surprise! Athena knew her too well; first the promise of adventure, and now this intrigue. Bella was hooked. With an excitable yip, she bounded after her mother, leaping forwards and looping around the white wolf several times in her enthusiasm, all the while wondering where they were headed. As the path became more perilous, she took to skipping along behind Athena instead, eyes wide and tail unable to stay still as she enjoyed the beauty of the place. Oh, her mountains, her lake - it was an infatuation to never die.

She hung on Athena's few words of encouragement, eager to rest their destination but not impatient; the journey was pleasurable in and of itself. She didn't get to just walk with her mother often enough, busy as the leader was. In comparison, Bella felt like a leaf in the wind... carefree, with no responsibilities, save for her own safety. She didn't want to be a burden on the pack, so kept out of trouble, but she wished for more times like this. Maybe she could convince her mother to take more evenings off like this - to just spend time together. She would like that very much.

The moment her eyes fell upon the two boulders she just knew. That was not even to make mention of the breathtaking colours that the sky had painted just for their arrival, washing the land below and beyond them with warm tones. It was perfection. For a moment she stood, stunned, her awe open and plain - and it was only at Athena's encouragement that she edged forward, closing the distance and hopping onto her boulder with ease.

"So beautiful," she breathed, her throat tightening with emotion; she had been so wrong, so very wrong, to often think she was alone in her love of moments like this. To think it was possible that Athena stole away up here to watch the sunset, or just stare out at the horizon, and she had never known... It was too much. "I love you. Thank you."

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
The young girl stood in awe as she laid her honey eyes on the stunning landscape before her. Ever since Bella was able to leave the den, Athena had always noticed the girl’s interest in nature and everything in it. Sometimes when she’d come back from a border patrol, she’d see the young girl sitting by the lake just watching and absorbing all there was to her kingdom. The lake had that effect on certain souls if they took the time to stop and listen which was why Athena had grown to love it here. Serene and peaceful it was.

Her fiery eyes glanced over to look at her tawny daughter, her eyes full of delight and love. Bella seemed to love it up here, an idea that swelled joy in her chest at the thought that she approved of her little ledge. Perhaps, they could steal away from their troubles down by the lake and gaze at the horizon together more often. Athena would love that. More moments like these would help her heal from all her internal wounds and it could strengthen their bond. Her rambling mind came to a sudden halt, however, when her little Bella spoke once again.

“I love you. Thank you.”

Those simple, beautiful words warmed her broken heart in a way no one besides Bella could manage to do. Tears swelled in the corners of her eyes, but she wouldn’t let them fall. She couldn’t ruin a perfect moment with her tears. “I love you too, sweetheart. Always have, always will,” she breathed, her smoldering eyes gazing at her Bella and a smile painted on her face. Moments like these she cherished and hoped would never end, but reality wasn’t kind all the time.

- Fade out -
(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2013, 08:08 PM by Athena.)