887 Users Online
Bing, Google

Whistles in the Wind — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by --- who has 35 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Brenton Nelson
After everything except meeting Jessie, Marsh and Ice at the Swift River border

Brenton's eyes were closed, himself in a deep sleep as he dreamed of finding her again. Who was he trying to find? He was trying to find the girl that went to Relic Lore, Jessie Swiftpaw. Who was like a sister to him. His sweet dream about finding her with a pack suddenly turned into a nightmare. No, no, no! Jessie, please don't die. He thought, his dream about finding Jessie, but just as he finally finds her, she is in a fight to the death with another wolf. Brenton tries to help, but to no avail. Just as he reaches her, she dies of a bite to the throat. Over stricken with grief.... Then he woke up from the horrors.

His eyes fluttered open, his fur bristling. "Just a nightmare, guess Hollow was rubbing off on me." He said, but then he remembered it had been a week since his last meal. He trudged himself up and he looked around, no wolves so far so he headed out; he scented the air in hopes of a vole to eat. He'd grown accustomed to there being a whistle in the wind as he'd been in the creepy forest for a while now. 'I whistle in the wind, hoping never to again, see your face. I whistle in the wind in hopes of finding her at last.' He thought, his thoughts on another planet practically after he could not catch a scent. He laid down, as if laid to waste. Where was Jessie?

To find a friend...
Played by Jen who has 55 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Azariah Phoenix
(As a loner, after meeting Liran, before meeting Sloane and Hollow)

It had been later in the night, than she'd thought, apparently. She'd wandered into these ghostly woods and been thoroughly spooked before meeting another fae, Liran, mere moments before turning back towards her spring. They had spoken a bit and the golden fae was headed back towards her temporary den. She hadn't yet made it clear of the shadowy woods and she shivered delicately at the dark feel of the woods she was traveling through. She didn't think it likely that she would visit this part of these lands again. They just didn't feel right, they kind of creeped her out. It wasn't as bad as her utter terror of the mountains... but enough to keep her away.

Before she reached the edge of the eery woods, something caught her attention. She was tempted to continue on and get back to her bright and happy little den, but she felt drawn towards a shadowy form crumpled amidst the dead leaves. As she cautiously approached, first her nose and then her eyes told her that it was another wolf, male and a loner like herself. He looked so upset and she wondered if she ought to just leave him alone to his thoughts, but she'd been drawn to him for a reason.

She slowly moved around so she was in his line of sight, not wanting to startle him. When she was facing him and about ten yards away, she softly cleared her throat. "Are you O.K?" Then she just stood silently, waiting for his response, prepared to make a quick exit if he took exception to her presence.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2013, 12:00 PM by Azariah.)
Destiny leads and I follow...for I am Destiny's Child
Inactive No Rank
Brenton Nelson

Brenton turned his head curiously to the gentle sound of a faes voice, his black eyes saw her. She was a beautiful ivory and golden color. "Are you O.K?" The fae had asked him. "Yea, I'm fine, just a nightmare I guess. I'm Brenton, may I ask your name?" He said, telling the truth wasn't difficult for him, it made him curious for more knowledge. It was rather odd that such things would connect with him, but that was how it was. He examined her more, ready to see if this turned out badly, if he could flee. Or if she would catch him. She was smaller then him, small usually meant faster. She was younger, not by much it looked like though. He gazed and saw she had blue eyes. He'd seen other wolves with blue eyes. But the wolf he looked for desperately, Jessie, she had green eyes. Green eyes as if they were little emeralds.

"Say, do you know a wolf, she had green eyes, gray more than anything and goes by the name Jessie Swiftpaw?" He asked, he really wanted to know if anyone had heard of her. So far, the wolves he'd met, they'd never heard of her. That one wolf in the spring never talked to her. Prince Adonis and Steel both didn't know. No body knew where his lost friend was and he was starting to give up hope. But without hope, what was life about? It was the hopes and dreams that kept him going every second of every day. His hope was turning into a whistle in the wind, never to be heard.

The hopes will whistle in the wind, it will lose itself in the woods, never to be heard again. He didn't want to give up. He waited for an answer. He was sitting down and had no sign of submission nor dominance to him.

To find a friend...
Azariah Phoenix
It seemed that the dark male was indeed all right, that it was just a nightmare, but he had sure seemed distressed to her. With an internal shrug she let it go. It was hardly her position to push an unknown wolf to share his innermost thoughts with a complete stranger. Had he been hurt she would have pushed a bit, being a healer and all, but that wasn't the case right now. He introduced himself before she remembered her manners. "Yes, of course! I'm Azariah. It's a pleasure to meet you Brenton." She gave him a beautiful smile, pleased to have met such a polite wolf.

Then he asked if she'd seen a green eyed fae named Jessie Swiftpaw. He described his friend in great detail and his care for the girl was quite apparent. Sadly she shook her head as she answered him, "I'm sorry, but I have not seen such a fae. If I do, I shall tell her that you asked about her, if you like." She looked at him, curious now, since he was one of the few loners such as herself that she had met since coming to these new lands. "Do you know these lands at all, Brenton? I've only been here a few days now myself." Her golden tail waved behind her in a welcoming manner, hoping that he would perhaps share some of his experiences with her. She felt rather excited, despite being lost in a sea of uncertainty, just waiting to see what Solarra had seen in her future to make itself known.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2013, 12:04 PM by Azariah.)
Inactive No Rank
Brenton Nelson

Brenton smiled as she introduced herself as @Azariah. It seemed like a nice name and somehow, it made him miss Jessie further. Was it because she was a girl, or was it the kind ring that she had like Jessie did? She sighed as Azariah stated that she had no information as to the whereabouts of his friend. This made him sad, because he had hung on to the last bits of hope he could find. But yet, even they were slipping away from him. If he lost hope, he lost everything. The mid-afternoon sun bore down on his pelt, but he held his location. She seemed like a nice person to talk to so he would stick around to talk to her. That was how it would be for now. That was how he survived new lands, he talked to the nice and abandoned the mean.

“I know bits of the land. I have been wandering between the northern ends and the mountains, other than that alas I could not help guide anyone.” He said, sad that he could help the girl only a little. But he was new here as well. “I’m new too.” He made sure to state so she knew. They were both new; did new wolves arrive at the lore often? Or was it rare to have a new wolf find their way into it? The lore was a vast place, no blame for others to wander in. It was a free land. At least he thought it was. He held his ground, his tail drooped ad a friendly smile to him.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2013, 11:48 PM by Brenton.)
To find a friend...
Azariah Phoenix
The male seemed to be relaxing, much a she had and enjoying a bit of pleasant conversation to distract from the dreariness of forest they were in. Her smile became even more relaxed as she awaited his reply to her question. She hoped that he had a bit of experience to lend her as she knew nothing of the region save her spring and this dreadful forest. Alas, he did not other than some of the same area and the mountains. Just the mere mention of the towering land masses brought a delicate shiver to her form. No, she would not need any direction there. It was not likely that she would ever overcome her fear of the mountains so she just gave a small nod at his words.

Explaining her not-so-subtle reaction she explained,"I do not fancy the mountains myself, but I've been staying by a lovely spring north of here. That is the extent of my experience here in these beautiful lands so far." Laughing at herself, she thought that not fancying the mountains would win her some kind of prize for the understatement of the century or something! Pushing the errant thought aside, she tipped her head curiously at Brenton and asked, "Why is it that you search for your Jessie. Is she family or a sweetheart, maybe?" She wasn't trying to be nosy, but she was loathe to leave his pleasant company and be on her own once more. He seemed nice enough and perhaps they could walk away friends as well. One could never have too many friends, really. Though the truly close and trusted friend was a bit harder to come by.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2013, 12:07 PM by Azariah.)
Inactive No Rank
Brenton Nelson

Brenton didn't really like the mountains either, but something always ended up pulling him back to them. He heard her mention a spring and smiled, he would have to find that later. For it could be useful in many things. Then she started to pry a bit about who Jessie was, and Brenton did not mind. “Jessie’s not my sweetheart, and not technically family. She’s my best friend, I couldn’t live without her and we are so close that it’s like she’s my sister. But she was born to another family.” He explained the complex and deep emotions hidden inside of him. Jessie was his best friend, but was it possible that he liked her as more than a friend in a different way than a sister?

Brenton shook the thoughts away, of course she was only a friend, no not a friend, and the answer to his hidden question was of course she was only a sister. He had a friendly smile towards the female, she seemed kind and nice. Jessie was his friend, he mentally scolded himself for thinking… just thinking once that she could be more than his sister or his friend. He wondered if Azariah had a sweetheart herself. Since she seemed more prone to asking such a question, she should be able to answer such a question too. “So you have a sweetheart yourself? Just since you asked, I’m curious myself now that you mentioned it.” He asked as his eyes focused on the light brown and white fae that stood before him.

To find a friend...
Azariah Phoenix
He seemed to think a moment on her question and she worried that perhaps she'd stepped over some invisible line in asking about his interest in Jessie, but she also wondered at the wheels that seemed to turn in his head, almost as if he was trying to discover the answer himself. He finally admitted to her not being a sweetheart, only a sister-like friend... albeit a very close and special one. He almost seemed as if he were trying to convince both of them of this and her head tipped a fraction of an inch in question, but she held her tongue, not wanting to offend her new acquaintance. Maybe, new friend?

When he turned the tables and asked if she had a sweetheart, her cheeks flamed beneath her creamy golden fur and she dipped her head shyly, studying the ground at his paws in great detail. She had never had the opportunity to get to know any of the wolves in her old pack, other than Solarra, her adopted mother. She'd been ostracized as a sickly pup and even after she was healed as a yearling the damage had been done and all had learned to stay away from the strange little yearling. So, no, no sweetheart for her. Still burning hotly, she gave a quick shake of her head in the negative. In truth, this was the longest conversation she'd ever had with a male.

Deciding that she was being rude in not speaking her answer out loud she stammered in a near whisper, "No, I've no sweetheart." Desperate to change the subject, she glanced back up at him and added "Where will you try next?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2013, 12:13 PM by Azariah.)
Inactive No Rank
Brenton Nelson
Brenton shook his head at Azariah; he honestly did not know where he would head to next. Perhaps he would try to ask some wolves in the mountains again. Or maybe, he would even check down in the more southern parts of the lore. He honestly had no idea, he only knew that she was here, only that she was in the lore, that was all he knew. He gave her an answer, knowing that the past subject was uncomfortable to both of them, he was glad the subject was changed as well. “I don’t know, I might go south and look in the southern parts. I might go and see if she’s in the mountains. I have no idea.” He said sorrowfully. He wished he knew the answer.

“What about you, are you searching for anyone? Do you have plans for after this encounter?” He asked, he didn’t want to pry, he was just curious about it all. He wanted to know if she had plans for after this, if she had somewhat of an idea on where to go after this, like he had to find Jessie. Was she too looking for someone? He remembered when he had found that lone prince in the mountains; another had arrived and spoken for him in a sort. What was it like to have a pack like that? He couldn’t remember if she had mentioned a pack that she called family or not. But then again, there was a lot to wolves that he himself did not understand.
To find a friend...
Azariah Phoenix
The yearling pushed her momentary shyness to the side, deciding that ignoring it would be the fastest way past it. She gave him a smile and waited for his answer. It seemed that he was at almost as much a loss as she was. He knew that his friend was in the area, but had no clue as to where. Very much like her and her mysterious Destiny. Solarra had sent her this way, somehow knowing that it was here, but she had not seen fit to share the exact 'where' or 'why' with her young pupil. She had merely told her to go south and find her Destiny. So, here she was. Yet nothing yet had called to her. Perhaps she needed to travel even further south. She had been at the beautiful springs for a short rest, but it would soon be time to move on.

Suddenly aware that she might have been silent for a bit too long as she thought on her own answer, she blushed again and gave a delicate shrug of her left shoulder. "Honestly, I have no idea either, but I feel confident that my future will reveal itself to me soon and then I will know where to go!" She knew her words probably made her sound a bit looney, but how could you explain Destiny to someone who hadn't been raised to live and breathe by it? It was no matter for who knew if she'd ever see this polite stranger again? His own destiny led him a merry chase.

A very strong feeling that he would find his friend very soon came over her. Meeting his gaze with a strange confidence shining in her sea blue eyes she stated, "Do not give up hope, Brenton. You shall find her very soon... and not so far away, I think...." Her soft voice trailed off and she realized that she had spoken out loud before she had even thought too. Much as their Healer and Soothsayer had many times. The thought left her slightly uncomfortable, yet strangely proud. Occasionally 'knowing' things laid much responsibility on her, but she couldn't help being pleased to have even a fraction of the talent that her Master Healer had possessed. Feeling with every fiber of her being that what she'd said was true, Azariah gave a brisk nod of her golden head, as if to reinforce her statement.

Then she gave Brenton a beautiful smile and said, "Perhaps both of us will find what we seek very soon." With that the golden girl turned northward, back towards her impromptu home thinking that it might already be time to move forward on her own journey.

(Exit Azariah, Fade to black? Up to you!)
(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2013, 05:57 PM by Azariah.)