(See All?) Announcements
1,021 Users Online
Google, Bing

Now she's a teacher too! — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Late in the night, Simaea had come to him from the border. Wild light shining in her eyes as she told him very excitedly of her newest title as Healer of Whisper Caverns. Her new found good mood, brought a smile to his face. It seemed things were working out rather well for his sister, and that made Hollow very happy to know. So when she asked to be trained by Nina, Hollow naturally agreed to ask, and left his sister at the border for a short moment and bolted into the thickets. Hollow made quick work of the request and even gave a sharp wag of his tail along with a very fervent "thank you" to Nina. The second made his way back to his sibling and bid her to follow him, she did and of course he lead the way through the thicket, albeit much more slowly than he would have alone, for Simaea was not used to fighting the dense vegetation. The trek was abnormally long and Hollow had to stop constantly and hold up branches for Simaea to crawl under all the while he would joke at her about how nice it must be to have all of that space between the trees in her territory.

Once they made their way to the den site, Hollow let a short howl from his muzzle heralding her arrival and calling for Azariah. Hollow knew well that his golden beauty would wish to be included and was rather relieved when she arrived by his other side. He still had her. With that he turned his head to Simaea and backed up a few paces. "Nina will most likely be out shortly, I have to get back to the borders but first, Simaea, this is Azariah, I hope you both get along, there's no better wolf in the world for you to stand by." He said nothing of exactly who she was to him but gave her a look he knew she would understand, and to Azariah he said, " This is my sister Simaea." With that he pressed into her golden side and muttered a few soft words of love. As he turned he affectionately butted Simaea's shoulder, "I'll come check on you two when I get back!."

Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea could hardly contain her initial excitement at seeing Hollow once more. Though of course this meeting would be even shorter than the first. Her words had been hasty and out of control as she had tried to explain what she was doing here without causing the dark male worry. Eventually however she had gotten the words out which sent him racing away. For a few moments, Simaea had to calm herself and collect her thoughts. If this went well she would be allowed inside the territory, which was very unfamiliar to her and very scary to think of. What am I getting myself into? I don't know a think about this place other than this is Hollow's home.

At last her brother came racing back through the trees and told her the good news. With a little trill of excitement for her lesson, Simaea followed him into the thicket, feeling another twinge of worry at being on another pack's land. The going was slow as it seemed the thicket tried to consume her body. It snagged her fur and grabbed at her paws and legs, causing her to fall face down twice. She laughed as happily as she could at Hollow's jokes all the while wondering how he could possibly live comfortably here.

Eventually the came co a small clearing with a den and what smelled like a prey cache somewhere in the vicinity. Simaea's head remained low and her tail brushing her belly. It was not her place to show any dominance at all here. Silently she waited until Hollow called for Nina, and another wolf. Azariah, a golden she wolf with striking blue eyes appeared alert to his call, and Simaea found it hard to hide a sly smile up at him. By the look on his face, and hers there was something between the two. He began to bid farewell and Simaea's jaws opened as if she were about to speak but Simaea just closed it again. Hollow rushed away, and after catching parts of what was said to Azariah, Simaea finally spoke up, "You are very lucky to have him. He's been that caring since he was a pup. I'm glad to see he never lost that, even after..." Her words trailed off and Simaea fell silent deciding it best to wait until Nina appeared before speaking again.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
I'm going to post because I have some muse and might not have time later.

She had been resting peacefully with her children when her most trusted and loyal Guardian politely made his presence clear and told her of a current situation. Apparently Narimé and Sloane had sent one of their pack members for a lesson on healing. Being as the girl was Hollow’s sister, Nina knew she could do nothing but accept. Nina had yet to know of Azariah’s return but the pep in Hollow’s step made her curious, but at the time she had only assumed that it was the presence of his sister that revived him. Deciding to make herself look more presentable, Nina got into a sitting position and quickly starting to groom herself, causing her faded golden fur to take on a nice glimmer to it. Shaking herself quickly, she instructed her children to stay inside the den when she heard the paw steps of many. It seemed as though Simaea was not the only one who would be joining them today.

Starting to stroll out of the den, she picked up the words that Hollow’s littermate was saying. Quickly letting her single eye go towards the other woman next to her, she was glad to see that @Azariah had decided to join them. This lesson would kill two birds with one stone and help her Head Healer know something a little bit more about healing. Her light mood turned slightly darker as she replayed the last words that left Hollow’s sister’s mouth; a small frown noticeable on her face. Clearing her throat and stepping forward, her piercing emerald eye remained on Simaea, "Simaea…it is not wise to share a past that is not yours to share." Her words were true, even if she did know of her pack mate’s past…which she did, as he had told her, but that was on his own, not with his sister waltzing into her territory and sharing it with her. If Hollow wished to share his business with the pack then to each his own…but to have it be told by someone who Nina did not know very well and was not Hollow, was just not acceptable. None the less, she would be thrilled to give out her knowledge to those around her about healing, including her pack mate was suddenly seemed to have reappeared.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Jen who has 55 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Azariah Phoenix
Azariah was busy cleaning her soft golden fur after a rare treat. She'd managed to catch a plump, yet fleet-footed squirrel and was hungry enough that she didn't take her meager catch to the food cache. As usual her mind was on her love. She had been so happy since her return and she and Hollow had shared as many moments together as they could between his guarding and her constant gathering. The young fae knew that she loved him and he her, but she also knew that she needed to spend more time with other members of the pack, especially Nina, when the alpha's role and family permitted.

Her heart sped up at the sudden call of Hollow. It was not usual for him to summon her so she quickly rose to her feet and made quick work of dancing and dodging through the brush to arrive at the den just moments after Hollow and another black fae. Her curiosity as well as a tiny tinge of jealousy was piqued by the young woman's presence, but both were quickly laid to rest when Hollow made the introductions and her heart was soothed by his obvious praise of her. Of course it also brought a flush of heat as he gave her a loving look before heading back to his duties.

She gave the other girl a smile, realizing that this young woman was now a sister of sorts. The thought pleased her, but she also wondered about her for she had the scent of Sloane and his new mate on her. Why was she here? For that matter, why was she here? Hollow had summoned her and then taken his leave after introducing the two faes. She tipped her head politely, but carried a taller posture than Hollow's sister. Then she repeated the others name in her soft voice. "Simaea. It's a pleasure to meet you!"She might be one of the lowest in her pack due to age and experience, but she was a valued Healer and this was her home after all. Her pride was clear.

When Nina showed up, she ducked her head and dropped her tail, favoring her leadess with a soft lick to the chin and greeted her, "Ma'am." When Nina gently but firmly admonished Simaea for her words, she glanced at the black wolf wondering how she would take the criticism and also exactly why they were both here for she knew nothing of the other girl. She glanced back at Nina, a slight worry unconsciously showing in her aquamarine eyes. Had she done something wrong? Was Nina angry with her for her extended gathering foray? A slight anxiety ate at the golden fae, but she knew that it had been necessary. The infirmary must be well stocked at all times and for all needs. Squaring her slight shoulders, she lifted her head a little bit, but kept her gaze respectfully somewhere on Nina's golden brown cheek.

Destiny leads and I follow...for I am Destiny's Child
No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea's fur began to grow exceedingly hot. Nina's gaze and words caused a hint of fear to creep into her bright eyes. Stupid girl why would you say something like that!? What if they aren't mates or anything? What if they are just good friends!? She looked down shyly and turned her head away. "Sorry Mrs. Nina, I was just excited to meet Hollow's friend." Her cheeks would have been glowing red, had there not been fur covering her, embarrassment was evident by her body language and Simaea was not one to hide such a thing regardless.

She studied the she wolf she had met before, her scent had gone through a recent change, judging by the subtle scent from the den, she had whelped not too long ago. Simaea was all the more surprised with the thought that Nina must have trusted Hollow to no ends. Simply because Simaea was allowed into the heart of the territory with pups in the den. It was nearly unheard of, at least for a stranger as she was to this pack. Simaea had not expected there to be pups here merely because she had been allowed in.

With those thoughts in her head, the dark she wolf gave a bow of the utmost respect to Nina, and while her head was lowered, her eyes closed tightly for a moment. Once her head was raised again, determination shone bright, it was time to learn how to be a true healer. "It is an honor, ma'am, to learn under you, I have heard things from Sloane, and Hollow about you and will do my best to soak up every bit of knowledge you give." The words were a little strange sounding coming from the girl with such a shy demeanor, but this was her calling. It was what she did, and nothing, nor anyone, would get in the way of it. Not even her own fears.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

W hen Azariah made her point known to show her submissive state to Nina, she took the pleasure in breathing in the woman’s scent. In the end, it turned out that the creamy woman was covered in the scent of herbs. It seemed as though the young woman’s disappearance from the pack had not gone without business…something Nina thought highly of, as she understood where the young woman stood. The golden brown alpha had done something extremely similar back in her times at Copper Rock Creek and she was pleased to see that everything seemed to be going alright for the girl and that she had successfully found more herbs than she had been expecting. Making her way towards the newcomer, she watched the girl seep down into submission, and nodding her head towards the girl, made her way back towards Azariah, a glint of happiness in her single eye as she bent down and gave a lick to her subordinate. At least she was safe.

When the woman made her way back towards where she was at first, her ears flicked towards where Simaea was, listening to her words. At the mention of Sloane a look of longing quickly passed through her single eye, but it was quickly replaced by a more relaxed look. She missed her friend dearly and hoped that one day soon she would be able to be able to see her best friend again. That both had not seen one another since Sloane had left to be with his mate, Narimé and though Nina was happy for her friend, she still couldn’t push away the feeling that she was missing him. Knowing that she could not let this interfere with her lesson, she cleared her throat, deciding to address such things at a later date, "As Simaea stated, we are here for a lesson on Healing. Azariah, you are going to be known as our Head Healer at the next pack meeting, which will be called soon…so I have gathered you for a lesson, as you will be studying under me for the time being… Now! Tell me what each of you already knows about the art of Healing." Her words were not in the form of a question, but more of an order, as she patiently waited for the girls to answer.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
She comes with moderate knowledge XD

Simaea was almost startled at the speed with which Nina launched into the lesson and after a few moments of thought Simaea straightened her face to look determined and prepared to speak. But not before she heard the voice of Shantai, the healer whom had saved her from death. You remember all I have taught you girl, now don't lose the chance to learn more. Tell her everything. So Simaea took a breath, "Well I know most herbs and their uses, like Hellebore; used for Headaches, pain, and fever. There is an herb I passed on the way in. Ergot; and we used it to slow bleeding. Of course there are is also moss and cobwebs to help soak up blood. There is also Arnica for bruises, cuts and sprains. I try not to use it though because it always just hurts me. Nightshade."

Simaea paused. Nightshade was an herb she did not like, and never wished to use. For a moment she thought again of her lost parents and how she wished she could have quickened their journey to eternity with the murderous herb. They had been doomed but maybe she could have helped some. "Nightshade.... for... putting patients out of their misery. And last Solomon's seal, Shantai.. the healer that helped me liked to use it on me when I was... sick because it wouldn't irritate me but I can't remember how to use it... just the name. There is other stuff, I know from experience, applying pressure to wounds setting bones as straight as possible when they are broken so that they may heal and things like that. " Simaea then fell silent as the words faded away with her rough voice. The young healer looked rather pleased with herself however, she was unaware of how much she had known already. A small smile graced her features.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The regal woman waited for the responses from Hollow’s sister and was generally impressed with the knowledge that the girl had already acquired. Apparently she had been with another instructor before herself and it made her slightly different than the other apprentices she had trained. She was usually accustomed to her students not being taught before and it made it extremely easy for Nina for they would not have too high of expectations. And though Simaea was not within her pack and she did not know her very well, she would treat her as she would every other pupil; with the utmost business-like attitude she could keep with someone. At the mention of Black Nightshade Nina was thrown back into her past, when she had barely saved another from ingesting the deadly plant. Quickly, the golden woman had raced through the bushes she had been strolling through upon seeing the wolf in front of her sniff the berries that could easily cause death, as her own teacher had warned many times before. ”Don’t eat those!” she had once exclaimed in panic, her two emerald eyes gleaming with worry. Luckily, the man had not thought her crazy and had heeded her words and asked for an explanation, to which she gave; it was one of the many lives of many she had saved. Now looking at the woman with only one eye trained on her new pupil, she concentrated on another lethal plant that had not been mentioned by the woman.

She was not going to start with that yet though, she needed to add information to what the woman seemed to already know. Clearing her throat, she spoke calmly and firmly, confidence in the way she spoke and the air around her, "From what I have heard you know enough to be a novice, which is very nice. I will add other things onto what you just listed though. For Hellebore, though it may help a little bit, the plant also lowers blood pressure along with pulse, so if you do decide to use this plant, us it in very small amounts because it can be toxic… Something goes similar along the lines of ergot. If ingested, it could cause extremely burning sensations in your limbs, and I know from personal first paw experience that it is not pleasant. As for Arnica, I personally suggest not using it, as the slightest bit of consumption could kill you and cause intestinal bleeding…as for Solomon’s Seal…the root is extremely useful when applied to cuts and bruises, as I would use that instead of Arnica…but never eat the berries. They are poisonous from what I have learned in the past. " She finished quickly, letting the new information she was sharing sink into the other woman’s head. Hopefully Nina was not going too fast for the woman to keep up with.

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea was attentive now, soaking in everything Nina said. "Right, Arnica can also cause intestinal bleeding, I didn't know that, I stopped using it because it stung so bad." Simaea gave a small smile almost like she were saying, "Healer humor right?" But instead of saying that she pushed on with, "I will be sure to pick up some of the roots of Solomon's seal on my way home." Simaea thought hard but couldn't think of any other herbs, a shy almost awkward smile came upon her face and her head tilted away from Nina's. "I understand all you just said, but I kind of can't remember any of the other herbs I was taught. My teacher, Shantai would probably be snapping at me now. She always said, work under pressure and you will be the best healer there is and then she would snap at me until I remembered."

Simaea smiled almost broadly now at Nina, the unorthodox way of teaching actually served her much better than she would have ever thought, and was probably the main reason she became so steely in healing situations. Simaea waited now, for Nina to respond, whilst Azariah remained silent and merely watched. Simaea personally thought she had been through lessons before and this was routine therefore she was able to remain silent. At least this was how Simaea surmised the situation. She thought before Nina spoke, of how she wished she already had the knowledge that Hollow's alpha had, for Nina was seemed to know as much as Shantai herself.

(This post was last modified: Sep 03, 2013, 09:23 AM by Simaea.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The Healer waited for any response from the other woman, if there was one to come and listened patiently as she rattled off the things that she had to say. In response to the other woman’s words of the woman’s former teacher her brows furrowed, not having heard of such a harsh technique in learning how to heal others. She did not say anything yet and waited to see if Simaea had anything else to add onto what she was saying. Clearing her throat, she spoke kindly and briefly, "While it is true that it is easily to work under pressure, it may be harder if it is on someone who you are close to. You have to be prepared to put your personal feelings aside and worry about them later so that you can get the job done in the most efficient way possible. There is no time to hesitate and if you let your feelings get in the way of your duty, then it might be game over for whoever’s life you are trying to heal." She let her advice come out effortlessly from her mouth. Unfortunately, she had learned the hard way when finding this piece of advice useful, thankfully, her teacher had been there and the life had been saved, but had they not been there, then it would have been a patient and Nina definitely failed on.

Nodding her head, she spoke softly now, exhausted from all the work she was putting herself into and wanting to get back to her children. With a soft sigh and small smile, she spoke to her subordinate’s sister calmly, "I believe that is enough for the day. Azariah will escort you out. Review what we learned today and come back some other time…or if you need help with something." With those final words she listened to the woman’s parting words before retreating to her own den. Quiet as to not wake up her children, she curled around them carefully before letting sleep take over her body and claim her in the world of dreams.

{End post for me}