(See All?) Announcements
544 Users Online
Bing, Google

candles and clockwork
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
The confusion upon his leader's face was something he'd been expecting. His blue eyes did not meet her own as they lifted to trail along the line of her muzzle, and he could catch the faintest shiftings beneath her eyes that told him all he needed to know about the look she was giving him. Nor was it any surprise that she would stutter out confusion as to why he'd been so stupid. Merlin himself didn't know. Perhaps he'd thought that his dishonesty could be used for the pack's benefit, or he'd been so caught up in trying to appease the frigid man that his honesty had gone far too deep. Her logic rang true of course, which now only put more suspicious on, a for once truly honest, Merlin's head. Liars lied. That was the truth. But he'd intended to be honest about his lying ways in an attempt to bare himself before the man. Well, he'd certainly bared himself.

He rolled words around in his mouth, grasping for his own understanding of what foolishness he'd committed. <b style="color:#a59f32">"I could not truly say. I was eager to please your rather...Disgruntled mate and hoped that my own show of honesty in regards to my nature might've...helped? Or perhaps it could have been used to the Bend's benefit. I'm a large man, ma'am, but spies don't always creep." He shrugged, scowling to himself. <b style="color:#a59f32">"It was foolish, I know. And now I am of little benefit to anyone, except for your children, of course." Merlin wasn't even certain he did much for them either, other than serving as a source of amusement. But that was hardly educational, was it? Looking up towards the woman, he hoped that he hadn't just ruined himself in her eyes as well.

<b style="color:#a59f32">"You must try to believe me when I tell you that I mean you and your family, your pack, no harm. I respect your mate, and you as well, Corinna. Far more than I ever respected my own parents, as unfortunate as that is. Hopefully I might one day convince Ice of that." His accented words rang true, at least in his ears. They were honest, more so than Merlin had ever wanted to be and he even felt mildly uncomfortable as he spoke them. It was not in his nature to be this way...He had only hoped that in being honest, he might be allowed to be himself, which was inherently dishonest. But it had all blown up in his face. <b style="color:#a59f32">

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

The frown that had planted itself upon her face at Merlin's initial confession only grew deeper the more he spoke. He tried to explain, she could hear it in the earnest tone of his voice, coming through despite the strange accent. Merlin had wanted to placate Ice, which was a damn near impossible feat these days. Her companion-a more accurate term for the pack's male leader-was always in a sour mood. Sceral and Serach could not bring a smile to his face; it wasn't conceivable that a strange lone wolf who looked like Ice's only true love would fare any better. So all Corinna could do was shake her head sadly from side to side, staring at him in disbelief. After talking with him now, she believed that the pack's Lowest had good intentions by admitting his faults, but as a wolf in the position of power who had to make judgement calls that affected the entire pack based off a short interaction, she just found it hard to comprehend.

"Ice's trust isn't something that is easily earned. Don't take it personally," she told Merlin, rising to her feet. Corinna had enjoyed talking with the newest member, but all this was just too much for her to take in right now, and she needed to get back to her sons. "You're on your way to earning mine - I wouldn't let you near my sons if I didn't find something about you I liked. I think you're a smart wolf, Merlin, so don't mess that up. Take care of them and remain loyal, and I think you'll find that in time Ice will come around." That wasn't likely to happen, given the circumstances, but Corinna was not cruel enough to let the copper furred male know that. "Goodnight, Merlin," dipping her head in a curt nod, the gray female turned her head over her shoulder and meandered (meander) back towards the den area, her mind still very much focused on the conversation that had taken place that night alongside the creek.

{Corinna Exit}