The Silence of Trees — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Water is beginning to freeze and some fish are trapped. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
-is the most horrible person in the world-

Another rumbling growl forced its way out of the Young Hellion’s clenched jaws as the dark fae questioned how he knew her brother, his mind recounting the happenstance. He couldn’t believe that the wolf afraid of his own shadow had beaten him, albeit at his own folly, but it still counted. Pulling his lips back in a grimace, Anouke lowered his neck to be at the same level as Neoma. “We…crossed paths, you could say.” He just couldn’t tell what really happened, unless if she directly asked him, then he would be obligated to say it.

His ears perked forward as the dark fae spoke about Rayne, giving out information that only made him seem weaker, and in turn fuel his anger. It was a degradation that he lost to a wolf such as him, and he felt sick with himself for it, but the past could not be changed, and when the time came, he would redeem himself and claim back his honor and pride that he lost. Then, and only then he would be able to act fully as the kind he was, free of any culpability and ignominy.

A sudden feeling of shame, guilt and anger coursed through Anouke’s body when the dark fae questioned if Rayne had gotten the better of him. Her eyes bore into his, and he could tell she wouldn’t accept ‘no’ or a half-ass answer, and so even though it pained him to do it, he did what had to be done: he told her the truth.

“He did,” the Young Hellion plainly said, lowering his head slightly. “But it was by my own mistake, if not for that I would have beaten him easily.” There were no excuses or lies, she would get it out of him anyway, but if they were to be allies, there could be no deception. The Young Hellion would honor the silent agreement, though there was no indication that there was one, it was just simply something that they had to know. And right now, he knew something ghastly was going to happen, especially if it came from Neoma. But he would just have to deal with it like the man he was.

367 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Played by Silvia who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
(Warning: VERY scary Neo.)

Neoma pulled her lips back in disgust when Anouke confessed that yes, he had fallen to her brother. “I do not care for your excuses!” She snapped at him angrily, when he made to explain why he had lost. “Whether it was by your own folly or not, you should not have been beaten by him! My brother,” Here, she spat out the word, as if it were poison and had no right to be on her tongue. “is no fighter and is weak, despite his size. How you fell to him, I do not know or care for. All I care for is that that you did and as such, I demand-no, orderyou to prove to me you are not as weak and pathetic as he is.” As she spoke at him (yes, athim because he didn’t deserve to be spoken to like he was something special. Not yet.), her eyes slid around the forest that stood silently around them, as if guarding them and listening in on their conversation. He might have her slight respect because of his beliefs mirroring her own but know with the knowledge of his defeat by her sibling...

Like she had just spoken, he would have to prove himself. An idea sprung to her mind as she settled on Anouke’s still slightly bleeding neck. Lifting her head up high, with her tail and locking her gaze with his, Neoma stared at Anouke firmly as she spoke. “When you cross paths with my brother again, you will give him my regards and that I hope he has found our sister,” The words were clipped and her next ones would be almost cruel and without a hint of remorse. “Because you will injure him as badly as you possibly can, without killing him and make him wish he had stayed by her side if he has found her.” [/b] The order was chilling, the mere thought that she wished so much pain on her sibling would have sent weaker wolves running.

”Go for his leg or something, give him a limp for the rest of his life if you can. And you will do this, because you know what will happen if you have second thoughts..” Stepping closer to him, mere inches away so her breath was brushing against his neck, Neoma begun cleaning the blood from his wound from his fur. It wasn’t an act of kindness. It served as a reminder of what she coulddo to him, if she so wished it.

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: vivstock @ DA, BrokenWing3dStock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre

Forgetting his pride and dignity, Anouke flinched as the dark fae snapped at him, quickly making him clamp his jaws shut and take a single step backwards. Her words were like poison that she was attempting to sink into him and make him feel her rage through the pain that she so dearly wanted to inflict on him. His ears were half lying on his head as she fulminated at him, but she did not yell, no, she just made sure her words were clearly understandable through the way she spoke. He could tell she wasn’t speaking to him, but instead at him, as he deserved it for succumbing to Rayne in a fight, even though it was against his wishes.

Watching her with slightly widened eyes, he saw her head lift up proudly along with her tail and lock her sharp, commanding gaze with his, before ordering him to do her bidding. Her instructions were to give Rayne her regards and hope of finding their sister, and then engage him in a fight and come out as the victor, injuring him as badly as he could without killing him. Yes, that was something that he would enjoy doing, and have pleasure in fulfilling the requested service of him. “Of course,” he bowed his head slightly, showing that he would swear to do as she ordered him to, and return to her when it was finished, or not return at all.

The corners of his mouth twitched, but did not lift up as the Young Hellion imagined making Rayne feel the pain that he felt whenever he remembered about his loss. But the thought was cut short as Neoma stepped forward threateningly and began to clean the blood from the wound on his neck. He knew immediately that it was not an act of kindness, but in fact that she was reminding him of what she could do, and that she would do it if she wished so. A slight shiver ran down his spine at the feel of her tongue brushing gently yet forcefully against his fur; he would do anything she wished for, no matter the consequences.

359 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
Played by Silvia who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Once finished cleaning the blood away, Neoma stepped back from him with a slight flourish and strange gleam in her eyes. She had felt the slight shiver that had gone down his spine as she cleaned away the blood and knew that he understood every single word of hers. ”Good, because you know exactlywhat will happen if you disobey me or don’t follow through exactly like I told you too. And I hate repeating myself.”

Neoma paused for a moment, looking as if she was taking a breath before she leant closer to him again, their noses nearly touching. ”You have the potential to be something great, some even more powerful then you are now. Alone we may be weaker but together, we shall be stronger than those pathetic creatures who call us their kin. I do hope you do not disappoint me Anouke Kasekhemre.” With one last look at his neck, Neoma went to turn into the mists surrounding them, throwing one last bit of advice back at him.

”I’ll be over the east side of the mountain for winter, scoping possible recruits for a pack. You will do the same and you will take care of what we’ve spoken about.” Her voice asked for no arguments or questions as she melted away into the mist, her dark form getting smaller and smaller until she could no longer be seen by Anouke’s amber eyes.

-exit Neoma-

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: vivstock @ DA, BrokenWing3dStock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
Our thread is so long XD

After a minute or so of the dark she-wolf’s rough tongue cleaning the blood away from his throat, she stepped back with a flourish and a gleam in her pale, yellow eyes. Her words were still spoken at him, and possibly the next time they met, which they would, he made a promise that he would keep, she might just speak to him once again, if he completed the mission to her standards. Nodding, once upwards, and once downwards, which was all he needed to do, a slight gesture so she knew he understood. But he didn’t say anything, for she hadn’t directly asked him a question, no did her words secretly ask for a response.

Almost going cross eyed again as the dark she-wolf leaned in close, their noses nearly touching, the Young Hellion held his breath, staring at her intently, unable to look away. She could capture his attention with the slightest of movements, and only when she wanted him to, would he be able to look away. Dark ears twitching at her words, they were of encouragement, but in a vague way, which he would have to decipher through the meaning to get it. Exhaling slowly, he spoke in a low voice. “I will try my best, and if it is not enough, then I will receive the appropriate punishment by your will and command.”

As she spoke again, this time of where she would be and what she would be doing, as well as what he could also be doing, he could only watch as she slowly padded away into the blue, ghostly mist and darkness, until he could see her no more. Giving a slight shake of his head, still weary of the wound on his neck, Anouke began to pad in the direction of the mountains. He would find a pack there to recuperate in, and find possible recruits, as well as do as she ordered. The Young Hellion would not fail the mission he was given by the dark she-wolf.

337 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,

{end}