(See All?) Announcements
870 Users Online
Google, Bing

An Entrance One Might Say — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vivi who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Abeke Mesia
Meeting Laurel's grey eyes with her own silver, she stared at her long and hard deciding whether or not to truthfully answer the brown wolf. In the end, she decided on honesty. Who knew, she may never see this wolf again and what's the worst that could come of it. "My grandfather," she stated simply. "He was the wisest member in our clan and the only one who really understood the state the pack was in. I tried to get him to leave with me, but he was very old and frail and knew he would not make the journey. But he urged me to leave, and here I am now." Abeke smiled at the bitter-sweet memories of the ancient Mesia wolf. He had been a scared, crinose, jaded old thing, but she loved him all the same. She wondered if he was still alive fleetingly and continued to sit in silence, lost in her thoughts.

She was shaken out of her mind by Laurel asking yet another question, and this time she was shocked by the audacity of it. "If you find a pack and rise through its ranks, how will you be different from your kin?" The words echoed in Abeke's head and she was sure that Laurel could see the shock on her face. "Excuse me? What do you know about my corrupted pack? Nothing." she spit venomously. "I'll be different because I'll be rising through ranks for my pack, not for myself. Am I clear with that?" Abeke was so offended that as soon as the words were out of her mouth, she lifted her head and walked away.

-----

OOC:This is my exit post and I am NOT mad at you in reality
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2014, 05:11 PM by Abeke.)
Played by Alisha who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laurel Boughinn
Laurel's heart warmed to hear of Abeke's relationship with her grandfather- something she didn't really have growing up. Her brother Evergreen had spoken highly of his namesake, a wizened leader who died before she was born. As she admired the other wolf's smile- certainly produced of treasured memories- she felt something new. It was a small, but painful pang of emotion. Familiar, but foreign all the same. A word for it came to mind- envy. And Laurel blinked; she was envious. The feeling was bothering, and- unlike before, she had nothing to distract her from it.

Until Abeke answered her next question. She supposed is was rather upfront- she had none of the tact or elegance the eldest three Boughinns did. And now, because of it, she may have lost a potential friend. Her ears pinned back against a venomous outburst, ashamed. She had only been curious, a common effect of her personality, but Laurel had to admit, she should have been more considerate of how she worded it. How she wished for a better grasp of finesse and refinement, judgment and courtesy- now that she was out of the protective barriers that were her family, Laurel had to be more careful of what she said.

As Abeke turned to leave, Laurel panicked- she at least wanted Abeke to know that the question was not directed towards her personally. Jumping up, she apologized aloud, enough for the retreating figure to hear: "I'm sorry! I'm sure you'll be a great pack wolf- certainly," her voice got quieter, "certainly better than me."

Ooc: And that's it! I'll archive this and we can collect life points.
(This post was last modified: Aug 24, 2014, 07:26 PM by Laurel.)