975 Users Online
Bing, Google, Magg

the perfect storm — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
So sorry for the long wait @Kite!

The tawny female kept silent after the Young Hellion closed his maw. He was content with it, and he glanced to her every now and then as he stared out into the freak storm, but she seemed agitated, as if she couldn’t keep still or not speak. It disgusted him, wolves like her - they were like children - that couldn’t keep their tongue still and mouth closed, whom always had to speak their mind, even if it wasn’t needed, and especially if it wasn’t wanted. Sometimes peace and quiet was all that a wolf sought, but he would deal with it and stick through until the end where he could asses everything, and see what he could use to further himself in the pack and the world, until he returned to the dark she-wolf.

Looking out into the storm, Anouke noticed that the worst of the storm was near upon them, but soon after the eye of the storm would take over, calming everything down and silencing the lightning and thunder, but as always, it would pass, leaving the tail of the storm in its wake, and resuming the storm until it fully passed. During the calm time in the middle, creatures will come out of their hiding spots or shelters and scavenge from the bodies of the fallen, before slinking back to where they came from, hiding as the storm resumed its prowess in ridding the world of those that did not need to survive. It was quite fascinating to watch it all unfold, but that was only because he was like a storm himself, though others would not see the resemblance. Which was sad really, as they should.

Dark ears twitching at the innocent question that spewed forth from the tawny female’s maw, he turned his dark head around to stare at her with his bright amber eyes, a smirk tugging gently at the corners of his lips. It was such a simple enquiry that could answer itself if one knew where to look, but he would answer as easily and simply as he could, enough for her to understand his words and meaning. “I am not specifically a scout for anyone, only for myself, in searching for new places and wolves.” That should be easy enough for her to understand, otherwise she was not worth his time, and he would leave her to her own devices.

400 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Played by Steph who has 279 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kite Tainn

Kite didn't mind this guy. If anything, she found his seriousness a bit amusing. Of course wolves scouted for themselves, and of course that was not what she had meant... and so she grinned, a bit crookedly, not bothering to clarify. Kite did not think the man was stupid. If he did not want to disclose whether or not he was specifically a scout for his pack or not, that was fine by her. And so she replies, her lips twitching idly, Aren't we all. All wolves truly were scouts. But that wasn't their specific trade. Some preferred leading hunts to sending messages, made more for the kill or short sprinted distance than they were a long journey to socialize and keep their pack in the good graces of another.

Kite felt she knew what she had wanted to, and although she was a social wolf at heart, given she had nothing to say or ask anymore, she no longer seemed spumescent at the mouth for conversation. Kite at last—it had taken her a bit—realized he was not a conversationalist himself... and she didn't mind that. Not everyone liked to talk, or divulge information on themselves. Kite was understanding of that, and so with one last look to him, peered outside. Kite could smell the storm would not end anytime soon... and she was still content to keep his company a little while longer. Kite herself could not tell if it was torturous for him to endure her, but all seemed well.

Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Kite you wanna fade out the thread with your next post? c:

The Young Hellion was content to lay there, staring out at the storm until it passed, where he would leave the tawny female to her own devices and find someplace else to spend the night, away from her spumescent-like need for continual conversation. Sometimes one just needed peace and quiet to think about previous actions and what may happen in the future. He was not a conversationalist, never had been, and never would, as talking was not crucial for survival. Wolves like himself only did things that furthered themselves in the world, put them above others or were essential to live, otherwise it was useless to them. But at times conversations were needed, though this was not one of those times.

He turned his head slightly to look at the tawny female as she spoke once more, seemingly a statement to herself. Yes, it was true, all wolves were scouts, whether it be for themselves or for a pack, but it could also be for other roles. Scouting was not limited to one job, and that’s why he found them so useful. Anouke was not truly a scout, in a way, yes he was, but for the main part he directed them, and they followed his orders. He was a ruler, it was his birthright to lead others, and no one could ever change him from his rightful claim to leadership, nor would he let them stop him.

Glancing back at the tawny female briefly, he made up his mind that when the eye of the storm calmed everything down, he would exit the shelter – with a farewell, of course, he wasn’t that cold-hearted – and find someplace else to spend the stormy night. He would not sleep near a wolf such as her unless it was unavoidable and he had no other choice. Wolves like him did not mix with wolves like her, they were not interchangeable with each other, and he would rather be alone than in their presence.

330 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Played by Steph who has 279 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kite Tainn
Your wish is my command :3

Some hours passed in silence and in time, the storm abated. Kite could not read minds and she herself thought although they were not a puzzle-piece perfect fit that his company was good, perhaps even enjoyable. It was no task to sit through the storm with him. He had lived more years than her and so had more experience and because of it, less to say. As he made his way, Kite knew she could stand to learn something from him. Speech wasn't a necessity, but she did enjoy it. It was no method of surviving, but for her, it made life a bit more livable. Even though their interaction was brief Kite had learned something. That was what these sorts of things, chance meeting with wolves one might not otherwise immediately interact with, were meant to do. Teach.

And so when the rain abated to a simple drizzle, Kite herself left the safety of the den. She was eager to find Mirren now, to truly talk to someone that she was obviously compatible with. Her strides were careful, not wanting to slip on the slick earth, as she thought back to the large black wolf who at first had seemed so willing to speak with her at all... and then, as it turned out, he was not so affable and quick to speak. What others would she meet here? Kite had not met a wolf like Anouke before, and so now her mind managed to create other character ideas that she might happen to come across...