For lovely Miss @Jessie.

Darken the sky and light up the moon
So that somehow you'll be here with me soon
Bring me the night...
That brings me to you

- "Bring Me the Night" - Sam Tsui & Kina Grannis

where the farthest you are

October 19th; Night, hours after sunset; Partly Cloudy; 45 ° F, 7 ° C

He remembered now that sleep didn't come easy beneath the oaks, that the forest held some sort of life of its own at all hours of the day and the night. In his head he had just finished tucking his five children to bed - the two spoiled yearlings and the just-as-spoiled cubs who had just as much rebellion in them as their older siblings - but it was not enough to settle down for the evening. It would have been a different story, perhaps, if he actually laid down beside Arlette at the entrance of the den after kissing those five foreheads good night.

In the gathering night he wrinkled his nose and forced himself to get up and walk off his restlessness. He had come back home to Oak Tree Bend for a reason and that reason was not to miss the family he had left behind at Atonement Arbor. His large paws dragged in the forest debris that littered the grounds of the Spectral Woods, wondering time and time again every so often if he had traversed this stretch of the Bend a little more than a year ago.

After a while, he stopped in his tracks. Again, his nose wrinkled and his ears perked. Was that... Was that Jessie? He half-lunged towards a stretch of forest floor where his well-missed friend had stepped just hours before he had crossed her trail. Throwing caution to the wind, he lifted his had a little higher and gathered air in his lungs before forcing it out in a beckoning bark. An unsteady step brought him forward and his tail tentatively wagged, wondering if she still lingered in the area just within earshot.

is a heartbeat away
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2015, 07:04 AM by Fenru.)

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Jessie had been on her way to visit her dead husband’s grave. She was lucid enough to acknowledge those in the pack and to notice that Fenru had returned. While the widowed Tainn was curious, she had held back from confronting him, giving the man time to come to her, or for fate to bring them on the same trail. That was how it had been in the past and Jessie did not believe that she had the capability to seek him out. She still wasn’t sure how she felt about him leaving Oak Tree Bend with Arlette. He had been somewhat of a younger brother to Jessie and she knew that it would be best for both of them to wait.

A beckoning call from behind her stopped her dead in her tracks, ears angling back at the familiar deep voice that called for her. While she longed to visit Hotei’s grave she knew that it was now or never to see her friend. She turned back in the direction that Fenru had called from and was quick to make her way in his general direction. It had been so long since she had seen him and while she still held a bit of anger towards him, she couldn’t help but feel the sisterly love for she often felt for him when they were around one another.

Her pace quickened when his scent was a whisper on the wind. When he finally came into view, Jessie tried to slow her momentum as she barreled towards him. Luckily, due to her small form, even if she had bumped into his large build, it wouldn’t have made much of a difference. She took a moment to catch her breath, her tongue lolling out of her mouth as she stared at the dark man in front of her. An uncharacteristic happiness was in her gaze and she couldn’t suppress the grin that spread over her lips.

The woman pressed a hurried kiss to Fenru’s cheek before greeting him, taking in the changes that had occurred since they had last seen one another. If possible, it seemed that her friend had gotten even more handsome but it seemed that age had also stressed him. There seemed to be a sense of wisdom around the Donata. She spoke softly, as if it mattered if anyone was eavesdropping on their conversation, “I’ve missed you… How have you been?” It was a question that they were used to asking one another. Oak Tree Bend had always been soaked in sadness, so it was the first thing that Jessie could think of asking him. After all, they hadn’t seen one another in over a year. So much had changed in her life, she couldn’t even begin to imagine what had changed in his.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]