692 Users Online
Google, Bing, Atara

You Don't Have to Go it Alone — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Rayne <3

Rain was falling steadily, the drops forming rippling rings as they hit the surface of the pond. You would think the waterfall would be quiet, this late in the year, any melt water from the spring, long passed through the mountain streams, and the sneaking cold slowly starting to freeze whatever was left at higher altitudes. But Bramble Falls was wild and foaming as ever, even though Autumn had reached its peak, and winter was lurking just around the corner.

Winter..! A loud sigh sounded from a reddish figure, sitting on the bank at one of the calmer corners of the pool. Her tri-colored fur was clean and well kept, but her ribs could be faintly glimpsed underneath it, and it was clear from her face that she had been through a lot. Her copper-brown eyes were absently trailing the fish, swimming around in the water before her, whiskers absently waving, she had actually gone down here to fish, but her thoughts had trailed off, and any hunger and lust to trawl had left her. She had been staying around the fall for a few days now, resting up and feeding on fish and small animals who came by to drink. It was about time to get moving, she had a task to do after all, but she just couldn't muster the energy; she was tired of wandering aimlessly, she wanted a proper home, needed it even, with winter quickly getting closer.

With a loud thumb, she slumped herself down on the bank, paws hanging half into the water; scared fish fleeing from the ripples they created. She stared at the rushing waters of the fall, feeling slightly hopeless; Where should I go? She had heard of several packs doing her travels, but none of them seemed appealing! The thought of joining any of them just depressed even more, chaining herself to one place like that... She still wanted her adventures, she was just lonely.

Word count:325

I'm not stupid <b style="color:#c7470f">”I've got bark!”

Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
OOC: I'm so sorry for not replying earlier. Damn muse and trying to figure out timelines...!

Rayne huffed softly as he roamed around the small area near the falls restlessly. Muerda had gone ahead of him, Rayne giving the reason that he wasn't quite ready to leave the falls just yet. He promised to catch up with her within the day though and so the female had trotted onward, leaving him behind. Rayne didn't mind that he was alone again, even if it was only for a short time. He needed to gather his thoughts before continuing on. How was his sister, Senka? And Aideen? Had they found each other yet? Or was his new friend still searching? Over time, thoughts of Aideen becoming hurt or forgetting about his quest to find his sister and offering to help him had entered his mind but he always pushed them away. He repeatedly told himself that she was fine and nothing could go wrong. But still, the thoughts wiggled into his thoughts....

Shaking his head, his ears pricked when he heard a loud noise and knowing fairly well the sounds of the fall, knew it wasn't the rushing water or the fish. Coming to a stand still, Rayne turned his head and couldn't stop the broad smile covering his face when he spotted what had caused the noise-or rather who. Aideen was laying on the bank, looking somewhat saddened and a little lonely. How long had she been there? Why had he smelt or heard her?

He was at the falls, he reminded himself as he drew near to the lanky female, noting her thin frame. It would be too easy to not see, hear or smell another wolf if they came and went at the right times and Rayne hadn't always hung around the falls. Sometimes, he and Muerda simply slept in the forest surrounding the falls but were always drawn back to a safe water source.

"Aideen!"he called out excitedly to her, loud enough to hear over the falls as he bounded the last few feet towards her with a wagging tail. He was happy to see his friend again, not to mention he wanted to get her out of whatever funk she was in. Why he wasn't acting like his normal shy self, he didn't know. Maybe spending time with Muerda had helped him gain confidence or maybe it was because he knew Aideen as a friend. Or both. He had no idea as he came to a halt next to her, suddenly sobering up. No matter how long it had been since their last encounter, she looked rather sad and he didn't want her to be sad. "Are you alright Aideen?"

Played by Staff who has 4,813 posts.

Look Out!

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Ooc: Sorry for the wait :( My muse/brain just really sucks atm :/

The sudden sound of a voice made her head jerk up from where it had been resting on the damp grass, attention turning towards the one who had called her name. All melancholia left her at the sight of the boy coming towards her, familiar russet fur waving in the wind and bright-orange eyes alight with the joy of reunion. Smiling widely, the flame-hued girl got to her feet, tail waving frantically in a show of her own happiness; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Rayne!"

Ecstatic from his sudden appearance, the orange lass completely overheard his question, and didn't notice his change to a more formal stance as he came to a holt; she simply jumped at him, pressing her front paws against his shoulder for a second, before returning them to the ground, looking at him with a radiant smile and glittering eyes. Voice filled with laughter, she hurried to talk, eager to deliver her news; <b style="color:#c7470f">"It's so great to see you again! I can't believe we met here! I was just looking for you!" Her speech followed its regular, rushed pattern, hardly any pauses for breath, the end of one word almost swallowed by the start of the next. <b style="color:#c7470f">"I found her! I found Senka! I found her, Rayne!" She finally stopped to catch her breath, tail still swinging like a sapling in a hurricane, tongue slipping out between her teeth as she waited for the russet boy's response; I did it!

She was still panting, eyes fixated on the opposing wolf, when the scent reached her, her head jerking up and around, ears twitching in alert. As the smell of warm bodies filled her nostrils, her hunger returned with overwhelming power, teeth watering at the thought of fresh, red meat; DEAR! One paw already lifted for the first leap, she remembered Rayne and turned her gaze back to him, eyes wide with excitement. Suddenly torn, she hesitated, standing with the one leg still raised, but staring at the reddish-brown boy before her, brows furrowing. He would want to learn about his sister, and she should stay and tell him all she knew, that was more important; but the adrenalin was already pumping through her, and her sinuses were filled with the scent of prey.

Liking her lips, the slender girl stayed in place, unable to decide what to do. She parted her jowls to speak, but found no words, her brain already flooding with hunting impulses, and ended up just looking blankly at the male, waiting for his reaction.

Word count: 417

Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
ooc: I'm so sorry for the lateness/shortness of this reply! D:

The big wolf didn’t mind when Aideen jumped over to him, touching her paws briefly to his shoulder before taking a few steps back with her tail twirling behind her. All that mattered to him was that whatever had been bothering his friend had been forgotten and it made him happy to see her happy. ”It’s great to see you as well Aideen,” It was true, all the worry of her being hurt had washed away the moment he had laid eyes on her. Rayne's eyes then lit up at the mention of Aideen finding his sister. It couldn’t be true! But Aideen didn’t seem the lying type and Rayne trusted her. Excitement bloomed in his chest alongside gladness for Aideen's news.

"You found my sister? " He barked excitedly, his teeth flashing in a big smile as the smell of deer wafted into his nose as well but the excitement of hearing that his sister had been found, his sister had been found and even though Aideen had said it three times, it hadn’t quite sunk in. ”Tell me, is she alright? She’s not injured or anything? Has she found a pack?” Rayne looked like a big puppy with his shining eyes and his body shook with his vigorously wagging tail. It didn't help that he lent forward and fondly licked Aideen's cheek in thanks before voicing it. "Thank you so much Aideen! I have no idea how I could ever repay you!"

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Rayne
Ooc: It's ok Silvi, I've been rather slow myself for the past month ^^

Rayne, understandably, was ecstatic to hear of the location of his sister; his voice as rushed as Aideens, his tail wagging just as joyfully. His enthusiasm in turn made the flame-pelted lass' even wilder, her whole body shaking from sheer joy. Even though her senses were flooded with the scent of prey, she paid close attention to the boys eager words, ears pricked at his many questions. Then, before she had any time to start answering, the boy suddenly leaned forwards and licked her cheek, voicing his thanks with bright eyes.

All the ecstasy was welling up inside the woman's tiny body, pressing against her chest; it was almost too much. She started giggling, lowly at first, but the volume quickly grew and now that she had begun, she couldn't stop! The giggle turned into a bright laugh, loud and barking and true; I haven't laughed like this in ages! It took several moments before she finally got control of herself, panting heavily, chest and stomach sore. Shaking her head she looked up at rain, eyes aglow.

She remembered the first time she had laid eyes on the man, completely new to these lands, eager to make new friends and find the adventure she had so desired. Adventure no longer seemed so important to the young lass, after several months in the forests of Relic Lore, and many encounters with different wolves, she felt more at ease with herself, calmer.... Still, she was very happy that she had agreed to take on the quest of aiding the russet boy in reuniting with his sister, making several friends in the process.

Still heaving for breath, the tri-colored fae finally spoke, answering Rayne's questions in rapid order, words hardly separated from each other; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Yes! Yes I've really found her, she's fine, more than fine, she's great! She sends her love, and she has found a pack, Willow Ridge, to the south-west. She can't wait to see you again! She asks you to come as soon as possible!" A seconds pause to gulp some air, and bring the conversation with Rayne's fiery sister up in her mind, then she continued: <b style="color:#c7470f">"She said you should go to the borders and call for... Lady uhm... Lady Elettra, she leads there! And if she doesn't answer, then just call for Senka, and she'll come meet you!" Aideen's face was one big smile, hear heart soaring with the joy it gave her to finally deliver Senka's messages to her brother; I've completed my quest!

A strong gust of wind brought a fresh whiff of the dear scent past them, and Aideen once more turned her head, scouting for the animals giving off such enticing an aroma. Then suddenly, something rang a bell in her head, something her older brother had once told her, he had told her so much, but this also had something to do with Senka. Brows furrowing, she connected the pieces; Artemis the huntress... A bright bark of laughter escaped the women's throat, and she turned to look at Rayne again, eyes shimmering, a mischievous spark in her grin; <b style="color:#c7470f">"Oh, and your sister also wishes that Artemis gives you bountiful kills!" She winked at the lad and turned her body back in direction of the deer, tail slowly stopping its wagging, she was ready to hunt!

Word count: 552

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2014, 01:07 AM by Aideen.)
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
(ooc: I am SOOO sorry for the long wait on this. Literally had absolute no muse for this thread for the longest time, for some reason DX)

Nothing could stop Rayne from joining in with Aideen as she erupted into laughter, his own giddiness and emotions too much to just hold in. Eventually, the laughter died down and Aideen was staring back at him with bright eyes. Rayne felt pride blossom in his breast when he thought of this girl as his friend and knew that no matter what happened, she’d consider him her friend as well.

Rayne had often wondered what it would have been like, to wander and make new friends when he was younger but he never imagined he’d be able to do it. Always too afraid to leave the shadow of his sister or parents, or his pack, Rayne thought he’d never leave. But here he was now, speaking with another wolf fr from home and not having a single care for it.

Aideen then passed on another part of the message that had Rayne laughing again. Oh, that was Senka for him! She had understood his message and knew exactly how to reply to it. His sister was always telling of those things, speaking almost religiously of the hunting gods that helped them to get the food needed for the pack. She would tell him the stories of each one, pointing out each set of stars that belonged to each one, if they could be seen that night. ”I could never thank you enough for finding her!” Glee still fluttered heavily in his voice, his tail still sweeping behind him, Rayne tilted his head towards the smell of where the deer were coming from. ”Shall we go now and see if Artemis is smiling upon us both this day?”

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
OOC: @Rayne, So I was thinking, since none of us have any muse for this thread (and it's hell'a old) that we could just end it here..?
- Slight PP to move them - just let me know if any of it doesn't suit you, and I'll change it.

Aideen Smoke

She smiled at his words, copper eyes sparkling, she hadn't hunted large prey in a long time; This shall be exciting! Nose tinkling with the still-fresh scent, she set off at a brisk trot, paws moving, seemingly effortless, over the wet ground. The excitement made her hairs stand on end, ears twitching alertly. She continuously cast short glances over her shoulder to make sure Rayne was following suit, a broad smile glowing whitely, illuminating her face - all former grief forgotten.

As they closed in on the deer, a small herd grassing on what little green there was left to be found between the trees, the orange lass stopped up, her whole body tense like the string of a bow, shoulders low, head held high to watch the animals in the distance. She stood frozen for a second, watching, smelling, then hear ear twitched and she turned her head to meet Rayne's eyes. Smiling at her hunting partner, she raised one paw, ready to run at their prey, her eyes aglow in exhilaration. Keeping her voice low, she remarked: "It looks like quite a smile!" Then she turned and sprang forwards, darting directly at the unexpecting deer; They're not gonna know what hit them!

She was completely sure that they would take this prey, the dark taste of fresh, red, blood already on her tongue. They should fist on this gift of the goddess, that was a fact!

FADE(?)

Word Count:239

Dawnthieves.de, Kiwiaa-Stock @ DA & ShawnaMac @ DA