(See All?) Announcements
537 Users Online
Bing

All the (bad) luck in the world. — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 87 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

Her tail wagged ecstatically from side to side when Florence confirmed that she had brought him the correct herb. She stuck the name and appearance deep inside her mind for if she ever needed to use it again, though she hoped that she never would have need to. However, the small smile that had been on her face fell away when he guiltily added that more of the herb was needed. The diminutive ivory she-wolf had assumed that only a small mouthful was needed, but apparently her assumption was wrong. Before she could bound off to gather more for her larger companion, he commented that the wound needed to be cleaned first with some water that was nearby... and by nearby she meant the lake that was way downward the mountain in a steep cliff-side drop.

Peering over the edge, Vera eyed the ground warily, making sure that her footing was stable. She didn't want to fall down now, but so far that seemed the only way to get down there. She glanced back at Florence. "Maybe there's a creek somewhere nearby that isn't a death-drop away?" It was her attempt at humour in the dire situation, though her words were laced with worry. She looked back at the lake far below, her brows furrowing as she thought. "How about I get some more wormwood while you look for a way down?" It was the only idea that she could think of, and with a quick nuzzle she bounced off in the direction of the herb, intent on grabbing at least two more large mouthfuls, certain that that would be enough.

271 Words

Played by Silvia who has 94 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Florence Flint Fortibus
”Be careful Vera,” Florence warned the smaller wolf, worry jumping in his heart as she peered over the edge of the cliff. There was no want to see Vera’s body splattered on the ground below. Florence hummed slightly at Vera’s query that there might a creek nearby they could use, instead of the death drop of a path they could potentially be going down. He didn’t want to go down to the lake but cleaning the wound would be beneficial, for the claws of the lynx certainly wouldn’t be very clean and Florence feared for an infection. ”I cannot see any around and I am sure that they would feed into the lake, if that was the case.”

By some morbid curiosity, the large wolf wanted to attempt to scale down the cliff by some wobbly path to the lake. It certainly wasn’t the safest thing to do but his heart beat a little faster at the thought of being pressed close to the rock face as Vera and he made their way down, having to watch their step. Facing Death or close to it, he supposed, was thrilling in of itself as he peered over the edge cautiously as Vera went off to find some more wormwood. His eyes settled on a path that wound its way down to the lake. It looked somewhat dangerous to walk along it but without cleaning his wound, who knew if and when infection would in it, even with the help of wormwood?

When Vera came back with more of the herb, he told her of the path. ”We will have to be careful, when we go down. My wound is bloody enough for me this day.” He rumbled to her, not voicing the vision of Vera’s mangled body below him if she were to slip and fall.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

It wasn't long before Vera arrived at the clump of short-stemmed bushes adorned with yellow flowers, but this time instead of just grabbing a mere small mouthful, she took with her as much as she could carry within her jaws. It was always best to have more than one needed, and not less. She quickly returned to her larger companion, where he told her of a path they could take. Her caramel brown eyes settled on the rocky and thin path that wound its way haphazardly down the steep Cliffside and to the lake. She briefly wondered if there would be a cygnet or two down by the lake before remembering that they were in a dire situation.

"I'll go first!" The diminutive ivory she-wolf announced, picking the herb up in her jaws before slowly and carefully stepping onto the path, and most likely, away from stable, safe ground. Glancing back at Florence, she arched an eyebrow and motioned with her muzzle to follow. As she traversed down to the lake there was a slight stumble here, a sudden stop there, and a few squeaks of terror in between until she safely reached the bottom. Putting down the wormwood, she exhaled a great sigh of relief, happy that she was still alive and not splattered upon the ground after a great fall. Vera turned around to face Florence and nuzzled his leg. "Would it be easier for you to go swim in the lake and wash out your wound?" she woofed.

251 Words

Florence Flint Fortibus
Florence wanted to argue about Vera going first, when she came back with her mouth full of wormwood and announced it, after he pointed it out. But when the words begun to come out, she had already begun treading carefully down the path, the wormwood safely back in her mouth and there wasn't much he could do in retaliation except pick up his small portion of wormwood that Vera couldn’t have fitted into her mouth and follow after her. Alongside his wound, his larger frame gave him some difficulty traversing the path, forcing him to go slower then Vera and take his time in placing his paws down. Yet his eyes continued to flicker up to check on Vera, to make sure she was doing well as she walked the path down.

Once time, his heart leapt when she stumbled and had to stop before she lost her balance before she reached the bottom and had he not been carrying wormwood, Florence would have let out a huffy sort of sigh in relief. However, he reached the bottom next to Vera soon enough, placing the wormwood next to hers and looking over the lake as she asked a question.

”That is what I was planning on doing,” He replied to her however, he felt the sudden urge to check over her before he did to make sure she was unhurt from the trek. ”You were not harmed in coming down were you?” He questioned as he studied her, looking for any sign that there was something wrong with her.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus
It's not my best post... e_e but it'll do.

Vera looked out at the lake, marvelling at the smooth, reflective surface in the evening light. The red and dark blue hues of the setting sun created a haze of colours on the glinting water of the lake; blues, purples, reds, a mix of beautiful colours. It was quite fascinating to look at. Her caramel brown gaze flicked to her larger companion when he spoke, a slight curve to her lips. When he questioned if she was alright, the diminutive ivory she-wolf looked down at herself. "I'm completely find...apart from a few scratches here and there and a heart attack or two from thinking I'd slip and fall." She grinned widely, tail wagging behind her as she joked, but in all seriousness she was okay. "I really am fine though, nothing rest won't heal. Now your wound is another question."

Darting forwards, Vera gently herded Florence to the lake, entering the cool liquid behind him. "I'll join you as my pelt really needs some cleaning." Her muzzle wrinkled slightly as she looked at her slightly matted fur. It definitely needed a wash, maybe two to be sure it was clean. Glancing over at her larger companion, her tail swished in the water at the sight of him, his lower half drenched as he washed his wound. She quickly set work to her own fur, and while having fun rolling in the more shallow part of the lake, she made sure when she was finished that her ivory coat shone with spotlessness. "Need help, Fero?" she asked quietly, wading through the lake towards Florence.

263 Words

Florence Flint Fortibus
There was a deep rumble from within Florence's chest as the small wolf ushered her much larger companion into the water, an excuse to come with him that her fur needed cleaning. Allowing it as he relaxed at her words, he stepped into the cool water and kept going until he was deep enough to cleanse his wound. She was not hurt and that was enough for him. He did not mind being herded by Vera, knowing she was only looking after him and wanted to make sure his wound was taken care of.

The water turned around him turned red slightly, as he dipped the wound into the water and twisting his head around so he could lick at it, he noted the slightly jagged edges to the wound. It looked as if it would not be a clean heal. It would most likely scar and somehow, Florence found he could not be bothered by the thought one bit. However, if he brought this up with Vera, of the possibility of her Fero having a scar on him...

He looked up when she waded closer to him, asking him if he needed any help. Her coat looked pristine now, it looking as fresh a newly fallen snow. "You look very pretty, Nix Delibo, ameonus I would even call you, now you are all clean." He rumble softly hoping to postpone the news of his wound. Really, he thought to himself, it could scar or it could not.

But I am fairly sure it will...
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Vera Corvonic Fortibus

The Diminutive Ivory She-wolf giggled softly and fluttered her eyelashes at Florence at his comment of her being beautiful. It struck a chord in her heart, one that was often buried beneath layers upon layers of cold and ice. She didn't have her heart on her sleeve like some did, but kept it hidden where no one could find it and exploit one of her only weaknesses; a broken heart. Family was something that held no meaning to her, as her own had no care for her. She did not understand what it was like to be loved above anything else until she met Florence, but even then, she kept her heart hidden, something she had learned to do from a young age. Having it broken by the one wolf that she cared for in the world was something that would send her over the edge.

"Maybe I should clean my fur more often," Vera said softly, a childish gleam in her eyes as she nuzzled him gently with her muzzle on his chest, breathing in his scent while doing so. All of the fears and worries she had had before slowly slipped away, leaving behind a clean slate. "You look quite dashing yourself, I must say," she grinned. Flicking his side with the tip of her tail, the Diminutive Ivory She-wolf waded through the shallows of the lake and out onto the gravelly and sandy ground and shook out her pristine white fur until it was fluffed out like candy floss.

"Time for you to rest, Meus militis in nitidus armatus," She woofed as Florence followed her onto dry land. She quickly curled herself onto his chest as he lay down on his side, letting her head rest in the crook of his neck. Slowly, Vera felt herself slip away into the land of dreams, and welcomed it openly, letting it engulf her and Florence as they forgot momentarily about their previous dangerous ordeal.

325 Words

Fade/End