593 Users Online
Bing, Google, Towser

if I had [you] — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by anyu who has 30 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawke Ismira
user posted image
OOC// oh dear. she's starting to feel attached. also, sorry if she seems all over the place. her mood fluctuates a lot
i know it gets hard sometimes but i could never
leave your side no matter what i say

She knew that it was stupid to trust him so early on, but she so desperately wanted to. She wanted a companion and she wanted to fall in love more than anything else. This might be moving too fast, but she wanted so badly for it to be real that she was willing to go along with it and grow attached to the male. She already knew that she would be deeply upset if he left her, but she had to take this risk. She would never get the chance again. Besides, she needed to put herself in danger. She could feel the urge to take this risk because she might get hurt. Hurt was better than feeling empty, and she had felt so empty for so long...ever since she had been separated from Quinn.

"How will you know when you find the one?" she asked softly, looking at him with bright eyes. She tried to make herself look alluring. She batted her eyes and smiled, looking at him as though he were the most wonderful thing she had ever beheld. In the back of her mind she thought she looked ridiculous, but she needed to try for all it was worth.

She shivered again as he leaned against her, though it was from his touch and not the cold. In all honesty, she wasn't used to being touched by anyone outside of her immediate family, so this was new to her. She tried to take it all in stride. "I am a little cold," she admitted as she leaned in against him, enjoying the feel of his fur, which probably kept him warmer than her fur kept her. "My fur might be pretty, but sometimes it doesn't keep me very warm."

She loved his smell. Perhaps she was biased because she wanted so much to believe that all of this was real. But she pressed her head against his shoulder - he was taller than her, after all - enjoying the feel of his fur and taking in more of his scent. Yes, she rather liked this male. Perhaps she would keep him.
'cause if i wanted to go i would have gone by now
but i really need you near me to keep my mind off the edge
user posted image
<center>user posted image</center>
Played by becuffin who has 233 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
OOC: He's just that good at what he does ;) And don't worry about all over the place, you should see what Nia is putting Reba through :p

"Well I don't expect to know straight away, you've got to take the time to get to know somebody before you decide on something like that you know... So many just up and leave before its even started..." he forced the emotion into his voice to make it sound passionate, with a little bit of hurt. These were the dangerous ones to play with because they formed emotional connections so quickly, but it was a risk he was willing to take right now...

He really doubted her fur didn't keep her warm, if it didn't she wouldn't survive a week as a loner in this weather, forget on the mountains and she seemed to be doing ok. "So how did you come to be alone? Did you have a mate?" he knew it was dangerous ground to tread but he was almost certain he had established enough of a connection that she wouldn't drive him away yet... "I only ask because I can't believe a wolf as beautiful as you would be unmated for long..." he added smoothly, pressing closer to her side as the wind picked up while he waited for a response.

Photobucket</a>

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Hawke Ismira
user posted image
Hawke was totally sold on his little speech. She soaked in every word, truly believing what he said. He seemed so perfect; just what she had been looking for so long. But there was still the doubt in the back of her mind that he would just leave before anything actually happened. Even she wasn't sure if she could really love him in the end, but right now she was more than happy to fall for this little charade. She had spent so long feeling alone and empty. He was helping her feel complete again, and she needed to keep him around for exactly that reason.

She needed him.

"So...you don't believe in love at first sight?" she asked cautiously, having met many who were firm believers in it. She was not. Yes, she wanted him right now and she certainly liked him. But love? No. This wasn't love...not yet.

"A mate? Nope," she responded, a hint of sadness in her voice. She was clearly tried to hide how upset the topic of mates made her by playing it down with words such as "nope." She and her brother were dysfunctional in some way; no one wanted them as mates. Her sister, on the other hand, had been through several potential mates once she had come of age. No one wanted Hawke...at least no one that she was aware of.

"Wolves have said I'm pretty, but no one ever seems interested," she responded matter-of-factly, trying to hide her true emotions. She didn't really want to talk about this, but she figured she would go along with it. In the pit of her stomach, however, she could feel that anger begging to burn again; anger at everyone because they abandoned her or avoided her. She didn't know what was wrong with her to make others seem to dislike her so much. She knew that this male would end up being the same, as always. But she still hoped.
user posted image
(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2012, 05:48 AM by Hawke.)
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino

Valiant was almost relieved when she asked about love at first sight, it was obvious from her body language she was not a believer and he could be entirely truthful on the matter, not providing ammunition to be used against him at a later date.

"No, love at first sight is rediculous. Having chemistry and wanting to have a good time doesn't mean you love someone..." He was also slightly relieved to hear she didn't have a mate. He could sleep easy without the worry of being attacked by some jilted lover.

As he heard her last comment he had to fight not to roll his eyes, she was one of those wolves. Tuning into his reassuring compliment tone he sighed and rested his head on the top of her skull, whispering into her ear, "Well they were stupid and it's their loss now..." he pulled back a little to look down at her with his warmest fake smile. It was all going to plan...

Photobucket</a>
(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2012, 08:30 AM by Valiant.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Hawke Ismira
user posted image
Hawke smirked. So he believed the same way that she did on the whole 'love at first sight' issue. It was ridiculous. There was no such thing as love at first sight. "I hate those wolves that go around claiming they're in love with they've known the wolf for like a day," she said in a sarcastic voice, rolling her eyes. "Soooo annoying." So they thought similarly, then. They agreed on something. That was a start. And now she knew a little more about him. Perfect.

It struck her as a bit odd that things were going so well, but she wasn't one to complain about a good thing. For her, this was excellent. There was finally someone to fill the void that had been there for so long. She would have told him her life story if he had asked, she was so determined to trust him and to build the connection between them stronger so that she would keep that void filled for as long as possible. She needed him, and she was determined to keep him around for as long as possible. Whatever it took to keep the emptiness from returning.

She knew that she didn't love him. Not yet, at the very least. But she was attached to him, and that was enough for her. Right now he was a risk; there were so many things he could do to hurt her. But she needed to take the risk so that she could feel something again. So when he rested his head on top of hers she made the most of it, leaning against him and rubbing her fur against his. Yes, Valiant was perfect for what she needed.

"Is it?" she asked with a sly smile as he pulled away from her. And then she leaped from the rock in a single, fluid movement, her body landing quite gracefully on the shore of the lake. Though her body did not have much strength, she was fast, agile, and graceful. Her long legs carried her several yards down the shore in bounds before she stopped and looked back at her companion - the male who would become her best friend and more now that he had made the mistake of connecting with her in some way. She smiled back at him, waiting for him to follow, as she knew that he would.
user posted image
(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2012, 09:08 AM by Hawke.)
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino

There was something about the teasing in her voice and the graceful way she jumped down from the rock to look back at him over her shoulder framed by the lake, it was almost as if she had laughter in her eyes. She was looking much more perky than when he had first arrived and she was beautiful. He may not be in love with her but that didn't mean he didn't want her and he could almost taste victory. He followed after her at a steady stalking pace. Half of the fun was in the chase...

Photobucket</a>
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Hawke Ismira
user posted image
She bounded a little farther ahead of him, keeping her distance. Now it was time to see what he really wanted and who he really was. It really didn't matter, but she wanted to know more about what this wolf wanted from her and why he was being so nice. Still, he was hers now, and he was never getting away.

"Valiant," she called back at him, glancing over her shoulder, enjoying the sound of his name. It was the name of the wolf who was filling the void in her life and making her feel wonderful. She turned to him, a sly smile on her face and mischief in her eyes. It was amazing how quickly her whole attitude could change. Of course, it was all a part of what was wrong with her, but she couldn't know that, and nor could any other wolf for that matter.

"Valiant," she called again. "Will you stay with me tonight?" she asked, her eyes wide and pleading. "I don't want to be alone. You wouldn't leave me alone, would you?" Her voice was smooth and, of course, alluring as she tried to convince him to stay. She would do anything to make him stay, as long as she wasn't alone. Anything.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Valiant Morino
OOC: Since this is going to be a continuing theme thought it best to leave it on an open note.

A shiver passed down his spine at her request. What sort of terrible wolf would he be to leave her alone on such a cold night with her coat that didn't keep the cold out properly? A small smile crossed his face as he followed the dancing apparition in front of him. Finally something was going right.

He awoke with a start to the cawing of a crow, the light female wrapped tightly around his body laying half over his torso, effectively pinning him in place. He attempted to stretch and she stirred, he had to choke back a growl, so much for making an early escape. He slowly began to wriggle his way out from under the wolf and just as he was almost free her eyes opened. "I-uh, was just going to catch you some breakfast!" he said with a smile. "Sorry if I woke you..." he used his big honey eyes to his advantage, looking up at her with remorse all over his face. Shit, now what am I going to do?

{end}

Photobucket</a>
(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2012, 10:06 PM by Valiant.)
user posted image