(See All?) Announcements
891 Users Online
Bing, Google

I'm still an animal — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 109 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Tlarx Everfall
Tlarx bobbed his head toward the female's words as they continued to sit. His eyes scanned over the land below, observing the areas of blue- water sites. Registering this topography within his mind, he would remember where the water was when he needed it. Looking at Athena from the corner of his right eye, he shrugged his shoulders. Large muscles moved fluidly beneath his white coat, rippling the shoulderblade region ever so slightly as they settled back into place. "Ah, ok. Well, I apologize- I feel as if I caused the cougar to attack you. It should have been me it was attacking." His chocolate eyes were pools of honesty; he was glad he got that off his chest.

Looking back to the forest below, he now cleared his throat, speaking once more. "Well, now that we are on the subject of food, would you like to catch a bit to eat?" A small smile adorned his muzzle as he spoke these words. With one quick movement, the man was on all fours, heavy paws gripping at the cold stone beneath him. Ah, the mountains were lovely to be on, especially on quite the hot day. Flicking his tail, he looked back towards the jagged rocks, scoping out the area for prey. "I'm gonna assume this place is full of mountain goats, eh?" he released a light-hearted chuckle at his comment. Mountain goats were quite a plenty from where he descended from, as were big horn sheep. The handsome man stood now, eyes still upon the mountains as he waited for the woman's words.
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Her eyes flickered towards the white-gray man as he shrugged. Thick muscles rolled and rippled throughout his body and she could not help but feel a pang of jealousy. She always wanted to be huge and tall like Naira for example. However, she was not lucky enough to get that gift. Maybe, she should try to steal it from him. Perhaps if she sounded evil enough he would hand his enormity over without a fight. She might try it eventually, depending on when she wanted feel like being defeated. He went on to apologize, for supposedly causing the cougar to attack her. ”Trust me, it probably would have attacked me anyway. He would have took one look at you and ran away with his tail in between his legs.” She said, laughing again imagining the scene before her.

Her smirk got larger when he offered a hunt. How fun this is going got be. ”I suppose we should do something then just sit here.” Getting back onto her feet, she bowed down stretching out her relaxed muscles. Returning to a normal standing position, she looked up at Tlarx with a smirk. ”Oh, yes. Those things never leave.” Feeling a playful fit coming on, she bowed down again unexpectedly in a playful way, though. She then jumped up on her hind legs and playfully bit his ear and pushed him lightly with her paws before running off towards the narrow path before them. Calling out behind her, ”First one to find one of them, wins!” Bounding forward, feeling the mountain breathe beneath her paws and the cold hard surface form into her claws as she launched forward.
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Inactive No Rank
Tlarx Everfall
Teeth nibbled on his ear, and Tlarx could not help but release a playful growl. As the small white woman before him took off, he pushed forth, muscles in his hind legs working to propel his large body after the lady ahead of him. She was fast. Way faster than him. He felt like a massive beast, working his way along the jagged dark rocks after the woman. As the came towards the peak, he suddenly changed direction, heading off to the right. As he loped along, the man raised his head, ebon nostrils widening to take in the air around him. It was stale; no sign of prey. With a grunt, he continued along, his reliable stamina keeping him running along.

Dark eyes peered to his left as he watched Athena race along. She was elegant, her muscles working beneath her ivory pelt as she dashed forth. She was like a speeding bullet, her aerodynamic body speeding along, white paws seeming as if she was barely touching the rocks. Looking back forward, Tlarx had almost slammed into a small outcropping of rocks- damn it, he distracted himself. Rolling his eyes, he scaled upward over the outcropping, looking around for any sign of goats.

A small clump of white was to be scene in the distance. There they were...but they were so far. Wagging his tail, he released an airy wolf, one that was to be heard by Athena but not loud enough to travel a great distance. He excitedly pumped his legs, paws gripping the stones as they touched down on their cold surfaces.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Her petite body rocketed around every bend and every rock in her path. She was made for this. The speed, the terrain, everything that the mountain screamed of. This was her world; her home and she knew almost every nick and cranny you could imagine. Her paws barely touched the cold surface, but she could feel the mountain beneath her. The mountain was apart of her very heart and soul and it felt like she was the only one with the key. She glanced back quickly, searching for Tlarx. She spotted him further away and she slowed her pace down a little bit. She had to give him at a slight chance to win this.

While she was preoccupied with slowing down, Tlarx on the other hand, had found the blur of white up ahead. Shaking her head and laughing slightly, she stopped and waited for him to come to her. She would need him to help her take the goat down. She may be strong for her size, but that was not good enough to take down a full-grown goat even with an injury. Her fiery eyes flickered forward toward the goat, watching to see if it had spotted them yet.
(This post was last modified: May 14, 2012, 01:04 AM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Tlarx Everfall
Surely, no, definitely, the taste of a freshly killed goat would be much more palatable than that of a day old corpse. Tlarx knew that Athena had not seen the goat before he had; this made him smile devilishly. Lowering his tail, he crept down from the outcrop, and made his way towards the white woman silently. Once within range, he smirked to her, teeth flashing for a moment. "Guess I'm the winner" he cooed, puffing his silvery chest outward. His voice had some teasing within it, but of course in a playful manner. Looking back toward the white blob, he nodded to Athena "Ready? I'll hang right and you can go left, if you'd like. We can flank him."

With these words, Tlarx stood, waiting for Athena's O.K. He felt the thrill of the hunt begin to enter his body, adrenaline begging to pour itself into his bloodstream. His jaws parted from the run, pink tongue lolling out as he panted. His tail remained lowered, but it swayed to and fro. He was excited. It had been awhile since he hunted with another wolf, so this would provide them with a fantastic opportunity to hone their skills as well as gain a full belly. Although he had eaten the old corpse, he would most certainly scarf down the fresh flesh of another goat.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Her grin widened as Tlarx caught up. His teasing didn't bother her, but made her laughed softly. "Maybe I'll have better luck next time." She smile then turned back towards the goat ahead. Her eyes shifted towards the surrounding ledges and recognized her perch. The goat was right before her perch, but also below. It could be used as a very good hiding spot and a leaping ledge.

Tlarx told her his idea, but she figured if she was quiet enough and could sneak up on the goat while Tlarx went on her ledge, she could scare the goat into going towards him and he could simply leap on the goat and kill it easily. She turned towards him and told him her proposition quietly. "Or I can quietly sneak up on him while you go onto my ledge a little bit before him and when I scare him, he'll go towards you and you can jump on him and take him down..." She finished and waited before taking off, in case he had any other ideas in mind.
Inactive No Rank
Tlarx Everfall
Tlarx smirked before nodding his head "That sounds like an even better plan" With that, he nudged her neck in a friendly manner before slinking away, chocolate gaze focusing upon the ledge that she had pointed out to him. His massive body lowered itself toward the gray shaded rocks, paws gripping precisely onto the jagged stones as he went along. He lifted his head slightly, nostrils widening to take in the goat's scent. Excellent...he was down wind of the stocky beast. Hopefully Athena would be able to sneak up on him with no issue at all. He had faith in her; she was lithe, her small frame capable of carrying her like a ghost.

He continued forward now, breathing becoming heavy. Heart began to beat hard within his chest as adrenaline began to flow through his bloodstream. The hunt was exciting him; he was trying to remain calm. Tail lowering, he came within range of the rock, and slipped silently toward the edge of it, but remained hidden. He could hear the heavy clops of the creature's hooves on the rocks below as it scanned the gray for any greenery. Alright.... he thought to himself, waiting for the pretty ivory woman to make her move.

As she moved swiftly around the outcrop that the goat stood near, Tlarx readied himself. A slight meeeehhh from the goat's mouth sent him into action. The goat moved to the right, attempting to scale up the outcrop and escape Athena's grasp. With a growl erupting from his throat, the massive man moved swiftly, leaping to the right and towards the sturdy white creature. Jaws opened and body outstretching, he left the gray stone he was on, waiting to feel flesh beneath his claws.

The impact was hard. The heavy man put all his weight slamming into the goat, sending it off balance. Its hooves failed to hold it up as he tore his fangs into its side- time for Athena to help in finishing it off.
(This post was last modified: May 25, 2012, 12:29 AM by Tlarx.)
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

She smiled as Tlarx nudged her neck and she watched as he prowled forward before leaving the spot. She moved silently like she was apart of the mountainside. Her breathing was steady as she rounded the corner and spotted the pale thing. He was kind of small, but big enough for a decent meal for the both of them. Looking up quickly, she spotted her handsome friend waiting patiently for her to chase their prey towards him. Smirking to herself as she found amusement as he readied himself like a pouncing cat. Oh, great that memory again. Focusing back on the hunt, she moved towards the goat again and her adrenaline started to pump harder. This was her favorite part of the hunt. The chase. The part that she was exceptionally good at. The part that she loved without a doubt.

She made her move and raced towards the goat, releasing a vicious, yet excited snarl at the goat. She didn't just want the thing to be slightly scared and run away. She wanted it to be terrified and run for it's life. Although, he could try to get away, but as the animal attempted to climb up the outcrop, he would soon find a deadly force of nature was waiting to pounce and sink his pearly whites into his flesh.

Right on cue, her pale friend leaped from her perch onto the goat. She leaped forward and latched onto the goat's windpipe, crushing it in the process. Slowly the life of the goat seeped away from his body and the goat took a rigid last breath before falling silent. She released the goat and looked up at Tlarx. With a bloody grin, she teased, "Good job, my little cougar." She went back to her kill and she started to eat her fill, glad that Tlarx was the one that had helped her today.
-Fade out-