(See All?) Announcements
906 Users Online
Google, Miriam, Bing, Clover, Chan

Long Live — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

Briefly she nodded, taking the aspect of it all. He must know some if not a lot of them, maybe he had been born in the realm. However, he had a reserved soul, and she had not crossed paths with someone like him. Most wolves were all to for telling their life stories, poking at you for yours, never stopping to hear the silence, boisterous in their actions. Wearing their hearts on their sleeves, either angry, or happy. Face smoothed, voice a mix of wonder, and a serious grace. "I can only imagine." Her heart wished to ask to hear of them, not now but maybe some other time. That did feel to far, and she held it back.

The male snorted at her remark, shrugging it off like nothing. What was it with the males here? She marveled, almost wondering if hell had froze over. For here the only two males she'd managed to meet were humble creatures. Eluding her comments. Where she had come from, they were so full for pride their heads should have been swollen. An amused smile parted her lips. "Well, I guess my opinion can not be counted, but where I come from taking on the role of a leader, and sticking to it makes you a good one." Which, she thought was true. Many a wolf could dominant over the weak, but it was making things work, and keeping it working that made an Alpha.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The discussion of Relic Lore’s history drifted from them almost as fast as it had started, and Ruiko was almost relieved. A major part of the land’s past dwelled upon the fact his family had lived here for so long.. and that a fire had swept through their home and killed the pack’s patriarchs. Ruiko kept his life to himself, and to him, nothing was more private than the tragedy that had made his family move to the river.

The girl spoke – words he knew that were meant to be reassuring.. but Ruiko was reassured of life less and less as he grew older. Lifting his black tipped muzzle, his eyes scanned over her once more, wondering what it was about the Plateau pack that had drawn her in. Were they a pack made up more of outsiders than blood family? Or had she just stumbled upon them first, and chosen to remain? “And you believe that because I am the River pack leader that based that I have stuck with the role I am a just and fair leader? That I love my members, and would do anything for them? I would think those are the qualities that would make a good leader.” It was exceptionally presumptuous of her.. and while he did hope he was a fair leader, and he did love his members.. it did not mean that he was better than Indru for the position.
(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2011, 03:11 AM by Ruiko.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

ooc; i like ruiko, he has to test everything and everyone doesn't he.Shooting her mouth off, she best should keep her opinions to herself. No one seemed to understand what she meant, when she spoke and it was infuriating. She did not which to inflame him. She simply hadn't stated her further reasonings, not wanting to blabber on, but now she had intention to sort this. There was something about him, she wanted to appease the situation. Face grew still as stone, a steady serious tone. "I'm sorry for assuming, and probably coming off like an ass. But yes, I think if a wolf has mind to take on the role, and not abandon his pack there must be good reasonings for him to do so. For how could one be a leader if it was merely for food, and power over others? His pack would not stand long, and neither would he. But if he was there for his members, despite good or bad then yes he must be a good leader. At least trying." She only felt so passionate about the idea, because her father, though Alpha at one time, had never been a good leader. He was never around, nor tried. The pack simply went on without him, gaining a new leader in time.

Her other examples were no better for Alexander she rarely knew, nor came in contact with, and her second Alpha Aden was only so because there was no wolf who dominanted over him. And he was exactly her set example, as he was the wolf trying to keep a group of creatures together for a purpose. She stood, an ardent look in her eyes and voice. "What you said, would make that wolf a great leader in my eyes."

Maybe she'd crossed over some invisble line by saying that, but she was so tired of not being heard, and especially understood. She wanted to redeem herself, maybe he would see where she was coming from. For good had an entire meaning to her, that could be different to him. Again, who knew. Had it bothered him, how lax she'd used the word good? With his list, he certainly took a great deal of twhat a leader should be, didn't that say even more he was at least good if not better? Had she been so wrong to state something she felt? "I'm sorry sir, it is no business of mine, as I have yet to hold my tongue from speaking my heart at times. But I have had no wonderful examples on the subject I guess, it's not my forte.".

lost your balance
on a tight rope.
lost your mind trying to get it back.

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
LOL. yes he does.. Mostly he's just an ass though. <33

Ruiko was a little put off that she apologized initially for her words, or lack of explaining what she meant more in depth before. It was then assumed by the male that she was a gentler nature, perhaps taking his challenge of words as an upset or distaste rather than a simple statement to encourage a small debate. The tawny male wasn’t about to receive a haughty response, but the silver she-wolf did explain what she meant and Ruiko understood that they were simply playing with semantics now.

Shifting his figure slightly, he did note that the girl was passionate at explaining her reasons, as if she could not allow him to assume anything about her that was not entirely correct. A stoical and hot-tempered wolf by nature, Ruiko was never benefitted for his intelligence or his intuition. Her last words intrigued him though, and the male gave a small cant of his head. “I’m assuming you’re not including Midnight Plateau in that set of experience?” After all, it seemed strange to the male for any to join a pack when they did not believe their leader was not great, in her terms. Pack was family, in his eyes.. how could a wolf join one and not believe their leader did not care for them?
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

ooc; lol, ya he does come off that way. but it's good for jayse, gotta use her head.

Whether he understood her or not his questioning for her meaning was no more. It wasn't that she'd been upset by his words, exactly. She wanted to be understood for what she was, what she meant. Not assumed she was ignorant, nor an entire softie.It didn't seem to matter. Anyone, including him could think of her they way the wanted. Words always got twisted jumbled, in others heads. Everyone would always take things in a different way. That would be beyond her control.

The male brought forth a new question,of coarse there would be another. This male liked to debate, it must be a favorite past time or something he did to the unsuspecting. Jayse didn't mind in the least, she had needed a stimulating conversation. Briefly, the thoughts swirled behind her eyes as she tried to collect them. "My pack has yet to stand as either. I've only been apart of it for a week now, and Alexander appears capable." She would not say Alexander was a great leader, because she did not know him yet. She had trusted Borden's impression on the gray-white male. From a loner's point there was no way to know of a leader but from his subjects.

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
It appeared she had little opinion formed of her pack at the time, especially as she had described her leader as ‘capable.’ If Ruiko were to use the she-wolf’s terms, he would have described Alexander as ‘good,’ for the male was still there, building upon the foundations of Midnight Plateau unlike Honijo, who had simply abandoned his pack. Of course, he did not speak this, for he knew little of the leader and loved his uncle. To him, it was all irrelevant.

Of course, a small spark of kindness seemed to have struck him, and the beast gave a shrug of his shoulders. “Well, he kept your pack thriving during the time of a drought and stuck by them. I don’t know much about you and yours, but I do know that.” Ruiko was certain the she-wolf would find this information enlightening, for she had seemed intrigue about the history of Relic Lore.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

The information about Alexander, gave her a steady feeling in her choice in home, and more trust in Borden. Content, yes she was content to know Alex had already weathered a hardship, instead of ducking out. It only made her more eager to know him. Hopefully if things settled she would have her chance. Lately the lack of familiarity with anyone was a place she didn't like to be. A thoughtful look came upon the grey featuers. "Thank you for telling me." She didn't feel the need to elaborate further, and kept it at mere gratitude. A hidden, growing respect for the wolf of Swift River.

"I take it you faired the drought well to still be here?" She asked, interested in his answer. She lacked the knowledge of who he was, but she did not take him for a wolf to leave. Especially if these were his homelands after all. She would understand if she had pushed to far.

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
“More or less,” he replied in turn, though his tone took on a more thoughtful note. Ruiko’s eyes swept over the she-wolf briefly before he stretched his figure out upon the ground, one large paw tucked beneath his chest while a yawn escaped his jaws. This motion was one that determined he would be staying for a little while, for it suddenly occurred to him that he could release a few of his quiet musings upon this stranger and hopefully gain insight from another opinion.

“My brother used to lead the pack. But when the drought came, he wisely decided to take them from Relic Lore so they would be alright.” There was a pause in his voice, his features blank as he spoke to the ashen she-wolf. “I stayed, as did my little brother. We began to re-build the pack. Now, Indru is back, though a lot of our siblings haven’t arrived yet.” And here was what he wanted to gain insight on: “Am I to relinquish my title to the patriarch of the family now that he’s returned, or fight for the pack that I built in his absence?”
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

More or less. He said, not going into detail. She didn't need any, not wanting to know the dire circumtances. The sub-ordinate of Mindnight Plateau had to keep herself from yawning when he did. Hiding her amazement, he was laying down to stay...maybe. All wolves do it, she just hadn't thought her company was appealing. Then again she couldn't imagine the worries he carried, so she put the idea of anaylizing it up. It was a simple thing and she had to stop over thinking.

When his deep tone contiued, her ears peaked in earnest to hear. The gray mask held a keen, thoughtful expression as she digested this little bit of himself he was sharing with her. But not only that, he was asking her for an opinion. No easy one to give. Mindful, she tried to put herself in his place, picture the very thing happening to her. She would not want to give up something she had worked hard for, especially for a leader who left. But fighting her sibling? That was a whole new barrel of monkeys.

"That's no easy question." She stated, matter of fact, but it was clear she was molling it over. There could not be two leaders of a pack. She didn't see the Swift River leader handed it back to his brother. The only reason, she would do that was if she did not want the role. "If I was you, I could not simply step aside for my brother. If he fought me, and won perhaps. But no, I would not give up my role and pack to him just because he came back. I would see it as rightfully mine, and my place to be. Something I earned in his departure." It was her opinion, and the way she would feel. It would be hard to give leadership back to someone who'd left with family, then came back lacking members he'd taken, especially.

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
As hot-headed and prideful as Ruiko could be, the regal wolf had attempted to keep the story as unbiased as possible; at least, in his eyes he had. Indru had returned, and the only other wolf that had accompanied him to this point had been Triell who stuck around. Borlla had come back before.. Avalloc, Damascus.. he had brought them to Swift River. He had members who had come loyal to him. Not Indru.

Her words at first seemed to only be spoken to bide her time to think of the matter. In turn, the tawny male remained quiet during her thought, holding back a gentle sigh as a frown smoothed across his features. “He believes it’s his as he founded it, and our siblings look to him as the head of the family,” he replied, knowing there was reason to why they had formed this thought. Indru had stepped up to that role, and Ruiko had never once regretted not doing it. Indru was a far better parent-figure than he was.. but that didn’t make them the best leader, in Ruiko’s thoughts. “Except our siblings haven’t really come back with him yet.”