(See All?) Announcements
1,016 Users Online
Bing, Magg, Vasco

Hello, again... — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
The hot flare up didn't last long and the pain went back to a dull throb that was soon soothed once more by her mixture. When she understood his prodding and finally turned to the hive and lapped up a good amount of the honey, he was pleased. He hoped that it would be enough to help her, but he also assumed that the cure would not be instantaneous. Few remedies were. After a bit she turned back to him and grasped his ear gently in her jaws, leading him to the hive himself. He was instantly reminded of his mother doing the same to his as a rambunctious pup and he laughed inwardly at the memory. She definitely wasn't his mother, but her message was clear. <i>This is where I want you.</i> So he comprehended that he too was to have some honey. Ostensibly, to help his bites.

He gave her a small lopsided smile before lowering his head and lapping up most of the remaining honey. The sweet nectar was quite a shock to a system used to warm bloody meat, but after the first couple if licks he decided that he liked it quite well. Probably not well enough to get another hive, just for the treat though! When he was done, a sudden wave of sleepiness overtook him. He looked at her with a dazed expression. <b>"I feel... I feel so sleepy. Can't stay awake..."</b> His dark golden eyes were bleary as they tried to focus on her. His large body slowly sank to the ground and in moments he was in a deep sleep. Just before his mind shut down he thought, <i>Must be from the bee stings...</i> for he couldn't fight the debilitating wave of sleep.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The male seemed to be pleased that she had lapped up a good amount of the honey, but now it was his turn. Soon after the female encouraged him towards the honey he started to lap some of it up himself, which made the golden brown female happy. He seemed to enjoy the small treat enough and she watched him carefully. She wouldn't be surprised if he fell asleep soon, she was exceptionally shocked that she herself had not fallen asleep yet. The signs were obvious in her eyes though, they were starting to close but not before she heard Koda's voice. Opening her eyes again she listened. Stay awake.. . .she must stay awake. He seemed to try to focus on her but the drowsiness was just too much for him and he seemed to instantly fall asleep.

Now fighting to keep her eyes open she sat next to him silently watching the area with her eyes. Even though she said that she was joking when she said she would protect him she was also being overall serious. Now she sat next to him, her ears pricked and emerald eyes alert watching the area, protecting Koda. Now she was definitely putting her new friend in front of her pack at the moment. She didn't mind though, the thought was somewhat comforting. . .now she just had to wait. Wait to see if Koda was okay or if he needed anything else.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He wasn't sure how long he had slept, but he pawed his way to consciousness. He was worried that if Nina had stayed with him, she might get in trouble with her pack mates. His brain was sluggish and resisted, but he he stubbornly forced himself to wake up. His eyes finally fluttered open silently. He lay there and spied the golden brown form of Nina watching over him. She was keeping him safe, as promised! He was lucky to have met such a good friend.

He lifted his head slowly, still feeling groggy. <b>"Hey, there,"</b> he whispered in a raspy voice of his own. He gave her a smile as he tried to sit up. After the second try he managed to prop himself upright, feeling as helpless as a newborn pup. <b>"Is this normal?"</b>he asked, referring to to his present state. His head was starting to clear and the swelling seemed a bit less from the stings at least. He shook his head a little to clear it more and gave her a much stronger smile.

She had been here with him for a while and it occurred to him that she might need to get back, but she'd stayed to watch over him. He nuzzled her muzzle gently and gave her a lick by way of thanks. <b>"Do you have to go? I don't want you to get into trouble, Nina."</b> He knew that they'd have to part ways soon, but he truly hoped that they would see each other again. She was such a kind soul and he felt privileged to have met her.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
After awhile of watching Koda and watching the sun start to set she finally heard the male stir. Glancing over at him she waited until he came to his senses before giving him a kind smile. Twitching one of her ears as he licked her muzzle in a way of thanks she nodded at his question. This was definitely normal for a wolf who had just gotten stung. Does she have to go? No, she didn't actually. She took a non-worried glance at the sky, her eyes easily starting to close. She had completely forgotten the time, but she knew she had no where to be. She wouldn't mind looking over Aeylen, but otherwise she was totally perpared. . .she couldn't even remember what she had done earlier that day, she had gotten distracted, something that didn't occur to frequently with her.

Turning back to Koda she tilted her head and gave him a playful look. Did he want her to leave? She meant the thought as a joke, but she didn't know how that question would display on her face. She couldn't speak. . .he throat was dry and her voice raspy, just like his, but she knew that they would have to part, but she didn't want to leave yet. Though she did need to get some sleep, Aeylen would not be pleased that she had lost her voice, it meant that Kashikoi would be behind in his studies and others wouldn't be able to communicate properly with her. What a terrible fate to have fallen . .she would have to answer to her leader but what she could she saw.

She was sure that a look of dread passed over her face instantly. No. . .she didn't want to go back yet. . .but she knew she had to soon. . .they would want to hear. . .well now see from her at least. But she did have time didn't she? She still had to perpare herself for her packmate's sake. What would they say? Oh . . .Volkan. . .she will definitely be pissed. . .Pakuna would probably be slightly concerned. Aeylen. . .well it depended on her hormones. . .Kashikoi would definitely be overly worried, and Ruiko. . .he would just be protective, just as he usually was. Kanosak and Willie were now gone so the pack was now missing their seconds, something they couldn't afford. Maybe something good would happen. . .something that could make her happy.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Her playful look lifted his heart. She didn't seem to want to leave and he didn't want her to go, not yet. He worried about her getting in trouble with her pack mates. He knew that her leadess must be expecting a litter any time now and he'd seen first-hand how hormones could effect the temper of an expectant mother. <b>"I... I don't want you to go yet, but I don't want you to get into trouble. This has been a most wonderful encounter, sweet Nina."</b> His voice was slowly getting back to normal, now that the swelling had gone down considerably.

A myriad of emotions ran across her face, but she was still seemed reluctant to head home so they sat in companionable silence. The sun was setting and painting the sky with brilliant reds and purples. It wasn't something that he spoke of, for it made him look soft, but he loved to watch sunsets and sunrises. The incredible colors always amazed him, especially if he was near water and the sun had an extended canvas to beddazle. Somehow this one seemed even more so, perhaps because of his company. He had never really shared a moment like this with anyone. Even in silence, it seemed perfect. The sun sank even lower and the hues darkened in preparation for the coming darkness. There were even a few brave stars already twinkling in the sky, trying to hurry the sun on it's way.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The silver male's words warmed little Nina's heart immediately and she was happy to think that she wouldn't leave him quite yet. Nuzzling him gently on the shoulder in saying that she agreed with him completely. By the end of his little speech she could tell that his voice was getting better, something that the golden beauty was definitely happy about. Watching the sky above her she smiled at the scene. She had never seen anything so beautiful before, even the precious herbs that she would collect each day was no match for what she saw before her. As the sun went down the sunset colored the sky and Nina watched in stunned silence as she experienced this scene with Koda. The only thing that she had enjoyed experiencing before was when she taught others how to heal, but now when she looked back, she could remember her time with Koda. . . She didn't mind his company. . .if anything she thoroughly loved it. Now looking up at the sky, she couldn't think of anything that was more peaceful. 

As the stars creeped into the sky Nina watched in stunned silence as a flash appeared across the sky. What was that? Fear quickly past through Nina as more flashes dashed through the sky. Ears flat on her head she made herself smaller by pressing her side against Koda's flank. What was happening? Was the order of things messed up. Perhaps the balance of things were uncoordinated. She didn't know what was going on honestly and at the moment she was in no condition to ask. Making herself much smaller than she seemed she glanced up at Koda nervously giving him a questioning look.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
As they sat there, Nina seemed as enthralled with the scene as he was and he was overjoyed to share the moment with her. He glanced at her sideways, watching her play of emotions and awe appeared to be among them. While his golden gaze was turned upon her, she suddenly appeared fearful, nearly panicked even. Her ears lay flat and she seemed smaller pressing close into his side. That he found that he didn't mind, but the look of near dread on her face did greatly concern him. He turned his head back towards the vast night sky before them and saw what she beheld, finally understanding. This he had seen before, back home in the Yukon. It was a fearful sight the first time when you weren't expecting the stars to move in the sky.

He moved closer to her to comfort and reassure her, enjoying the warmth radiating between them. <b>"It is not to be feared, sweet Nina. I have seen this phenomenon before and I promise the sky is not falling."</b> His voice was lightly teasing in an attempt to coax the fear out of her. <b>"We used to call it a star dance and it was always an event to experience. Uncommon and short-lived it is beautiful to behold, is it not?"</b> As he finished his words he was gazing at her rather than the brilliant white lights racing across the inky night sky.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
The instant that the fear had coursed through her veins she felt his warm frame press closer to her. The gesture what comforting, something that she greatly appreciated. Then his words brought even more comfort to her ears. The scene in front of then was normal which was good. The order of things was in order, so she would have nothing to worry about. Sweet Nina. There was the nickname again. Twitching her ears she caught on to his teasing tone. Relaxing even further she nudged him with her muzzle again. Smiling at him slightly she licked his shoulder before looking back up at the sky. 

The stars were seeming to dance across the sky, just as Koda had described. Pure innocent curiosity played its way onto the golden female's face. The scene in front of her was fantastic. It was just truly a scene to see and she wouldn't be surprised if others were on another side of the forest and looking at the sight. Nina remained pressed against Koda as a comfort in knowing that she had a companion with her. Her emerald eyes seemed to glow in the now darkness as they sat together. They radiated happiness. True happiness. Something she hadn't felt since joining the creek pack. Now sitting here with Koda she felt peace at mind. Like she didn't have to worry about anything, something that she didn't mind and enjoyed.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
His words seemed to comfort her and he saw the worried expression melt from her face. She gave him a beautiful smile and licked his shoulder affectionately. He was glad that he'd taken her worry away. He looked down at her dark golden form and wondered how she had come to mean so much to him in such a short time. He found himself reluctant to part with her, yet he knew that she had to return to her pack. And he'd have to find his place, wherever that was. The thought brought a shadow on his enjoyment, before he cast it aside and decided that they would simply have to take what time that they had and make the most of it. Just being together was the <span class='word'>omphalos</span> of this entire day. From this afternoon until the star dance that they watched together right now.

Even though she was reassured and watched the night sky with wonder rather than dread, he did not draw away from her. He was enjoying the warmth that radiated between their mingled pelts. He looked down at her again and nuzzled her soft cheek then returned his gaze to the show that the heavens were putting on for them. Just as it seemed that the display was coming to an end there was a magnificent burst dozens of brilliant stars that lit up the night sky in a magnificent grande finale.
(This post was last modified: May 17, 2012, 09:30 PM by Koda.)

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Watching the sky in amazement she felt a small nuzzle on her cheek. As soon as she felt the small the gesture she leaned her head into his shoulder. She couldn't think of any other male she actually felt comfortable around. She was glad that she had met Koda. He gave her some piece at mind. Closing her eyes for a few seconds she watched the sky. The stars seemed to be fading but dodo on after she thought that a large burst of colors erupted through the sky, causing her to flinch due to the brightness. 

The beautiful lit up sky's fantasmic finally ended and now the two wolves were sitting in pitch blackness. The moon wasn't showing tonight so it took longer than usual to for her eyes to adjust. When they frankly did she looked over at Koda a small ankle displayed in get face. Straining her neck up she pressed her nose against his his before flattening her ears and fluidly putting her head under his chin. A gesture saying that he would always been much to her and that she was thankful for everything they he had done.