(See All?) Announcements
652 Users Online
Google, Chan, Bing, Ryder

you'll be in my HEART — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena was suprised when the female, Naira, asked her if she was injuried. It seemed like she was just reading her mind, but then again it might be a little obvious when she walked because she always has a slight limb if you look closely. She shifted her gaze directly to Naira, ignoring the brute and calmly said, <b>"I messed my leg up about a week ago. I may have sprained it, but I've always had a problem with it since I was a pup."</b> The white female purposely left out how she hurt her leg before. Athena was still weary about the male, but Rainuh seemed less threatening. She had a lot of the brute's scent on her, so she either must be his mate or sibling. They could also have probably been traveling for a while together, but her best bet was that they were mates. She glanced at the male, still keeping her eye on him, still not letting down her stance. Naira besides her was also a little tense and Athena wondered if there was an argument before she arrived or she was on edge like Athena was.
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by anyu who has 34 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
OOC:: let's keep a posting order, please.Sabre --> Rainuh --> Athena --> Naira

prayin' for daylight, waitin' for that morning sun
so i can act like my whole life ain't goin' wrong
The only reason Sabre was acting so obnoxiously dominant was because of his encounter with the two males several days before. The slight itching on his side, increased noticeably since he had attempted to stretch, was a constant remind of that encounter. He was being cautious and letting the others know that, if they posed a threat, he meant business and he would defend himself and his mate. But once he had realized that the second female was not a threat he relaxed. His head was still high, but not quite as much. His eyes softened too and returned to the polite wolf that he had the capability of being.

He relaxed significantly more when Rainuh started talking as well. He wasn't too good at holding conversation with anyone, let alone females, whom he had trouble relating to. Typically he wasn't a jerk, and he certainly wasn't a threat. More or less, he was just a bit overprotective of his mate. There was nothing wrong with that, right?

"Nice to meet you Naira," he said with a rather weak, hesitant smile. He did not mention that the other white female hadn't shared her name - he figured that she would when she was ready and didn't want to push things. He wasn't looking for a fight, as he said before. He even glanced sympathetically at the female when she mentioned her leg, fighting the urge to attend to his own wound, which was still itchy. Unfortunately, he didn't know what he could do for the female. He didn't know anything about healing; he let his own injuries heal naturally.
baby come back to me, i swear I'll make it right
don't make me spend another lonely night prayin' for daylight
user posted image
<center>user posted image</center>
Played by Wolfie who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rainuh Shadowstalker
Rainuh smiled brightly. <b>"It's good to meet you Naira."</b> She then glanced back at Sabre happily and wagged her tail before turning back to the female Naira had spoken to and tilted her head with curious concern. <b>"If you don't mind my asking, but how did you injure your leg exactly? You don't have to tell if you don't want to. I'm merely curious and wondering if I can help."</b>
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena hesitated. She vowed to herself that she'd never tell anyone about what happened before with her and her father, but she could just tell them what happened recently with her leg. <b>"I jumped down a hill and landed on my leg awkwardly,</b> the white lady stated. She eyed the male again and noticed he relaxed significantly. He was less threatening unlike before. Athena, however, refused to relaxed all the way. She did lower her tail and head slightly, but she still was on guard. You never know what wolves can be thinking and one mistake of trust can get you seriously hurt or killed.
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>When she heard the explanation of the injury, she knew the willow would do just find. She nodded to the others, spotting the gash on the males side out of the corner of her eye and trotted off to see if she could find something that didn't have too many leaves, and wasn't too thick, as the medicinally qualities layer at the core of the twig. She didn't want the stranger to be chewing for weeks before she got any relief. <i>Well at least it isn't infected...</i> she thought to herself with a smile. She would have a hard time whipping up something for infections with no stores in this weather. Finally she found some that were suitable and pulled them from the swaying willow tree, carrying two branches back to the small group, dropping one and the large males side as she passed. He didn't have to take it, but the other female needed it.

<b>"Chew this. It'll taste terrible, but it will get rid of any swelling or discomfort. You should probably stay off it for a day or so as well, give it a chance to heal properly."</b> The males slightly more relaxed stance calmed her a little, but she still wasn't sure about these strangers.</blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
Sabre blinked, confused, when Naira dropped the twig beside him and continued on to the female, where she dropped the second twig that she had collected. What was it for? he wondered to himself. He hadn't told her about his wound and she didn't seem to really like him anyways, so why give him anything to help?

He leaned down and sniffed at the willow cautiously, not really sure what to do with it. It wasn't until she explained things to the female that he understood what he was supposed to do. Still cautious, he reached out and grabbed the twig with his mouth and began to chew. He almost gagged on the taste at first. This seemed so unnatural! Wolves were carnivores. They weren't meant to eat vegetation like their prey did. But he continued to chew, wondering what the twig would do for him.

It took him a few minutes to finish with the twig. He was not accustomed to chewing anything that wasn't meat. But he managed and he swallowed, trying not to gag on it. Once it was down he looked over at Naira. "Thank you," he said softly, dipping his head.
user posted image
Played by Wolfie who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rainuh Shadowstalker
Rainuh watched curiously while all this was happening, wondering what on earth was going on. After watching Sabre eat his share, she smiled Naira and bowed her head gratefully. <b>"Thank you."</b> She'd heard of willow being used as a cure for various aches and pains, and was happy that Sabre had something to help with his wound. She only wished she'd thought of it earlier.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Athena looked down at the willow twig at her feet. She had heard about using plants for various types of medicines, but she's tried it. Her mother, she remembered then, used to gather many different types of herbs and made pastes to treat some cut that she once had. Athena was never interested in healing anyways, though she thought that her sister received that trait from her mother.

Athena picked up the willow cautiously and started chewing. She almost gagged and had to restrain herself from pucking. She managed to swallowed it. The lump slowly moved down her throat until it was finally in her stomach. "Thank you." Athena managed to say without pucking.
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
<blockquote>A small smile crossed her face as both wves took the willow, despite the terribly bitter taste. The male looked more than confused and she debated whether or not to explain. <b>"You didn't hide it as well as you'd hoped. I noticed it as i was walking past."</b>

When she was growing, her grandmother used to clout anyone over the head if they were foolish enough to try and conceal anything like that from her, and so she was raised to never hide anything from the healer. She hadn't identified herself as such previously, but she guessed it was useless to deny it now. <b>"my grandmother trained me. The plants here are a little different but there are many that are similar too."</b></blockquote>
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Inactive No Rank
Sabretache Ashur
user posted image
Sabre was embarrassed that she had seen the wound and felt the need to help him, though he was also grateful for the help. With any luck it would make it easier for him to stretch his muscles without pain in his side. "It really isn't too bad," he said, referring to his wound and trying to sound tough. "But I managed to hurt it while stretching and it's been bothering me." He dipped his head in thanks towards Naira.

So, what did four wolves do when they met together by chance like this? He wasn't sure, but as loners he knew they would all be hungry. Four wolves hunted far better than a single lone wolf, and he wondered if they were hungry and interested in working together. He himself was not terribly hungry; the day he had received his injury he had also managed to feed on an easy kill that he and a silver fuzz-ball had made.

With little else to contribute to the situation, he decided that it didn't hurt to ask. He needed to feed Rainuh too, after all. "Are any of you hungry enough to hunt?" he asked casually, half expecting the two females to say no.
user posted image