671 Users Online
Bing, Google

what the hell am i doing here
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Hold onto faith as I dig another grave

The silver masked Lyall said nothing in turn. It was a great find, but under the circumstances not for him. Even if he had found it first, and been found later it probably would have gotten ugly. He did manage to offer a smile, thinking his help might least mean something to her. For now it didn't seem like a good idea to expect reward, and recognition. He could easily be run off. Even if he didn't quite know the harsh circumstances of the winter, maybe there was no room for him. The idea made his dark nose twitch. Renier wasn't fond of scampering away like a coward. He did have a sense of self preservation.

A crunch of snow brought his golden gaze from Naia's to the arriving female. It was arched tail, green eyes upon him that assured him that though not the male leader, she was the other. Brief interest rose his pale brows about the way Naia acted in this lady's presence, but he rapidly averted his gaze then bent his limbs, sweeping his tail to his hind paws. He hadn't exactly been holding a dominant stance to the silver dappled female, but he didn't want to come off less respectful than this lady's own pack member. Quietly, forcing paws to hold still he let Naia first explain since the question had been directed to her. The lady had asked who he was, and with careful thought he raised his head. "I'm Renier Lyall. As she says, would like to join. If that's not a possibility I'm hoping for some answers from this Maksim."

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Her eyes swept over the she-wolf as she spoke – she was familiar with Naia only in reference to her scent and from seeing her about the lands. She had not gotten to know the she-wolf, and she partly blamed her distance with the worry that she would become even more attached to the River pack then she was, and in turn, it would reveal nothing but more heartache come the spring. Still, it should have been remedied, and while now was not the time, Kisla made a mental note to seek the Second out at a later time and acquaint herself with the she-wolf – she seemed the sort the Tainn would enjoy the company of.

But for now, her attention was upon the newcomer, and with a nod to her pack member, the golden female stepped closer to him, noting the lowering of his posture with a semblance of pleasure. He at least could present himself in a respectful manner. Her green eyes swept over him, her wolfish brows quirking slightly at the name as it was released, and while she would have bristled at any given time for his demand to speak to the true regal of these lands, she had an inkling of what the matter could be. “A Lyall,” she murmured, her eyes taking him in more closely. She had little to do with the family, but they had grown up in this forest as she had by the river towards the mountain. “You were born in these forests then? Is that what you seek of Maksim?” There was a small pause then, and rolling her shoulders back, Kisla allowed her stance to relax slightly. “Why do you look to join Cut Rock River? What is it you can offer this pack?”

sparking up my heart

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Hold onto faith as I dig another grave

Mentally, the rogue, had to remind himself to avoid looking directly into the green colored stare of the wolfess. He had no mind to challenge, nor upset the delicate line he was already walking. When she seemed familiar with his family name, he subtly glanced her way. Swiftly as he did, he dropped his chin. Was it a female thing to ask more then one question? Was she trying to help get to the point? He would assume the later, and forced himself to answer, instead of simply nod. "Yes, the hollow. Yes, Miss Aegina said he would know what happened to Kade and Ava. They use to be my guardians...." He hadn't meant it to be chopped. Neither had he wanted to come off overly attached, and yet he had to share their importance to him. He replayed his reply in his head, thinking he sounded polite enough. Least he would hope since she could decide just as well as Maksim if he would be allowed to stay. Something told Ren he shouldn't want to upset this lady or he would never have his answers.

For her last questions a moment's pause was found like with Naia. He had to ask himself these things, because he hadn't quite been ready for how this situation had played out. He would kick himself about later, but red ears perked up, and he blew out a quiet breath. "Firstly, because its in the forest I grew up in. Secondly, if Kade and Ava were friends of this Maksim, I don't believe I have to worry what kind of leader he is. For what I can offer, I know these lands well. I'm a skilled hunter, and hope with more experience I could be a great guardian. I know its winter, and like you need another mouth. I have no plans on leaving, even with the change of circumstances." There was probably a better way he could have spoken, but he didn't know how. He just quieted, letting the lead wolfess decide if this was worth any of Maksim's time.
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

It was an uncertain situation in the she-wolf's eyes -- her nature was to be unforgiving and suspicious, within good reason of past circumstances. The youth 's attachment to the lands could have been the very reason she would deny him -- yet he could not possibly be a challenge to her King's throne. The loyalty of the River wolves to the Baranski was great, and with this thought alone, she eased her concerns. That.. and had another pack of wolves taken residence upon Sacred Grove soil and she sought refuge amongst them.. then pain of being turned away might have been far too great for her to consider doing such a deed upon another.

He seemed honest enough, and yet still the underlying intent of speaking with Maksim was at the forefront of the conversation. Her bright eyes shifted to Naia, whose silence was not unmerited, and yet she gave a small nod to the she-wolf in quiet approval of the duty she had performed. Very well, she murmured, a small smile just barely gracing the corners of her creamy muzzle. I don't imagine Maksim is available at this point or within the vicinity. He is usually quick to answer these calls. There was a small pause as she gave a nod between her two companions, shifting her weight as her shoulders rolled back in a leisurely stretch. But I am sure he will be happy to answer the questions you have when you do find him. Until then, perhaps Naia can give you a tour of your new home.. Unless you would like to revisit the forest on your own terms.

Moving forward then, the she-wolf brushed her pelt against the tawny of his own pelt, mingling their scent together in acceptance to the pack lands -- a ritual she had seen her mother do countless times. I am Kisla, in case you were curious, she mused with a lilting tease, ehr eyes flickering with humor in the direction of Naia. With a nod offered to both, the lithe regal began to slink away, her figure continuing along the borders of the land she now called home. Whether their new member decided he wanted to be accompanied or not was entirely up to him -- and with that, she had accepted her first member to Cut Rock River.

(This post was last modified: Apr 21, 2014, 11:55 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Her duty completed, Naia watched quietly as the two engaged in the routine back-and-forth exchange. The process was becoming quite familiar to Naia, who in the course of her border patrolling had been present for several of these transactions. For a such young wolf Renier was well-spoken, but Naia couldn’t help but wonder if his intentions were less than sincere. He was so eager to ferret out information about the Attayas that he had forgotten to even ask for his new leader’s name; a poor sign in Naia’s opinion. It was clear to the Cut Rock River lady that this “prospective member” had other motives for wanting access to these lands, and she wondered if Kisla had the same suspicions.

The agouti lady raised a brow as her leader admitted the young man into the pack, no questions asked. Kisla appeared to be a shrewd wolf, and no doubt she had her reasons—perhaps she wanted to keep an eye on this one herself. Or maybe it simply came down to Cut Rock River’s need for another strong wolf to hunt and protect their border this winter. It was not Naia’s place to question her alpha’s decision, and she trusted that the woman had an appropriate reason for allowing this questionable male into their ranks. The agouti leader’s green eyes flicked in Naia’s direction, sparkling with humor. The glance alone was enough to ease Naia’s mind. If Kisla was comfortable enough to appear amused, then surely she had the situation under control. Naia nodded to her leader’s request, and after the green-eyed woman dismissed herself she turned to their newest member.

”You’re welcome to join me on the rest of my patrol,” she offered before she took her own leave, departing to continue walking the path that had grown quite familiar to the aspiring scout. She hoped that the young man did decide to join her; perhaps she would learn more about the history of her home before Maksim stepped up to rule.

♦♦♦♦♦