(See All?) Announcements
482 Users Online
Bing, Google

same roads lead to same destinations — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 909 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His smile took on a new kind of bend at Isla's response, distinctly gentle in nature. He could imagine there might be trepidation about such a pointed yet vague segue, no matter how much she did or did not know about his tensions with that particular peer. Hopefully, if she was worried, it wouldn't be for long. Harm certainly wasn't his intention.

"Do you feel he's met every obligation of a father, and any other promises he might have made? More succinctly, do you fully trust him?"

Chan had seen several facets of the wolf himself, good and bad. It was Isla's opinion, whether or not she felt Adelard had done right by her, that would add the final, deciding weight to the scales. Perhaps she'd feel it was overstepping to ask such a thing, maybe she'd even be right, but still he felt it was worth asking. If things could be a little better between himself and a pack mate, why not?
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by becca who has 233 posts.
Paradise Falls II. Leader
Isla Valle

Tonight continued to surprise her.

"We made no promises." She told him this in a direct manner, seeking at once to cut through any confusion. "He has never been asked to be a father. The boys are mine. He has however provided fully and consistently, without asking. I do trust him fully." The lack of promises, of needless words, had been what made her stay near him and weave their fates together. She had felt seen by him. They had never asked anything from one another that they did not give by their own volition.

"As your new co-lead," Is there a ghost of humor in her gaze? If so, it died as quick as it came. "I ask if you have any reasons to doubt him having heard this."

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
She gave him much more than he anticipated, and he was appreciative of that action in itself. Ultimately, he was told what he most needed to hear to finally relent on his private but fervent disapproval of the man. After all, perfection was impossible, no matter how much he might wish it of whatever partner Isla took on. Whatever their relationship, so long as she was happy, Chan would be too.

He nodded, and would have been content to leave it at that, but of course Isla had every right to respond with her own questions on the matter. Chan did hope they wouldn't go too far, certain he'd be hard-pressed to convince her of any of his points on the matter.

"Well, he did lie to me," he would concede; she did ask, "but it matters far more that you've been treated well. It's all I wanted to know."

They didn't need to talk of it further, unless she had more to share or question.
(This post was last modified: Sep 17, 2024, 02:17 AM by Chan.)
Played by becca who has 233 posts.
Paradise Falls II. Leader
Isla Valle

Lie.

She wonders if it is worth bring to light that the season had brought two men to her. Yet she thinks, co-leads or not, she is in no way ready to tell Chan that. After all, it is better to have less questions rather than more. Nor did she think the man would hold any ground if he came back so long after...

"I am healthy and my sons thrive. It is all I wish for at the end of the day."

No rank or role could ever replace what she wanted for them. Their own strength and power. All of this would always be as much for them as for herself.

"If that is all, I believe we both have ones we wish to tell the news to."

Soon they could reconnect to discuss a myriad of topics. There is a genuine wave of her tail for a moment, not raising out of challenge against their newly shared status, but of tendrils of excitement.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan dipped his head, acknowledgement, agreement and appreciation all rolled into one gesture as she bid for the meeting to close. This had gone very well in his opinion, and he was immensely grateful for it. The rest could certainly wait, after all, they were in easy reach of one another.

"Thank you, Isla. You know where to find me."

With that, he would be off to track down his own unofficial boss.