(See All?) Announcements
466 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Bing, Isla, Jadon

once was love — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ashley who has 88 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sojourn Ranger Aquila
Ranger and Ruiko had not settled on a home for themselves, though Ranger was hopeful that soon they would find it. The warmth of spring was upon them now and the world was blossoming around them. The mornings were still cool and crisp, though the sun that peeked through the mostly cloudy sky today warmed her back as she walked through the Sacred Grove, her eyes and paws set on the Swift River ahead. She had a feeling that perhaps the pack would be unwelcoming to her, though she wished to see how Ruiko's family was doing. It was not her fault that he and Indru had fought that day and she hoped his family would not blame her for his departure.

The scents that marked the border were now two-fold, though she could smell the seconds on the wind as well. Indru had taken a mate, it seemed, and her heart ached at the thought. She and Ruiko should have been the leaders here, as they were the only ones to remain behind when the water dried up, but she didn't have the right to say such things. Swift River was now <span class='word'>incommodious</span> for Ruiko with Indru back at its helm, though today Ranger wanted to visit, to see how his family fared this spring.

Ruiko still would not come near here, but Ranger held none of his feelings about the place they had once called home. It was just another pack to her now and if she and Ruiko were going to start a pack of their own, they had better have allies lined up in case of any danger or attack. She didn't envision anything of the sort happening, but she was never too careful about these things. For now she stalked toward the borders, keeping a careful distance but also not calling for any welcome. Someone would come eventually, and she would be ready to greet them accordingly.
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Nowhere could suit the poor girl it seemed. Everywhere was incommodious, the size of Corinna's belly driving her mad as she attempted to curl up in her usual sleeping spot. But the bulk would not let her, and she had given up on her afternoon nap; it simply wasn't worth trying anymore. The creme colored leader was counting down the days until she would deliver, even though she had no way of knowing when exactly that day would be. She knew she wanted it to be soon, to finally deliver her young into the world and not have to deal with the hassle of physically carrying them around, it would be a joyous day indeed. Though, having the pups there would be cool too.

Her inability to find space had driven the alpha female out of the comforts of the main Swift River territory, leaving the beaten trails behind. The budding trees provided a curtain for her, and she rejoiced in the few moments of privacy. Cori missed that part of her old life, being able to come and go as she pleased. But she loved her pack, and Indru, far more than that bit of freedom, and she was content with this - being able to escape for a short amount of time to simply breathe. Not that she was alone, her beloved tawny brute of a mate would not be far behind, or if not him, than one of his loyal pack members. They all had a stake in the bundles that were residing in Cori's womb, and as such, would pay attention to her comings and goings so as to not hurt them.

Breathing in the fresh spring air, the female's tail wagged gently at her hocks. As soon as she could, she would leave the Swift River territory and Sacred Grove and go off on her own for a day, just to be able to stretch her legs. The running, that was what she missed the most. Glancing around mischievously, she grinned as her slow and leisurely walk turned into a fast paced jog, as quickly as her stomach would allow her to go. It was a far cry from what she could normally manage, but Cori was satisfied with it. For the time being, anyway. Once she delivered and her pups could handle being without her, she would go on a nice long run around the territory. She would settle for a trek to and from the borders today.

Picking the closest border, the leader moved away from the den, at the epicenter of the territory. As she did so, the scents of her pack mates became less strong, with the exception of Indru's. His stayed constant, her pregnancy forcing him to better secure the Swift River borders. There would be no mistake this time around of young wolves trespassing; to do that now would result in death. And so, she moved forward with no fear, confident that so long as she stayed within Swift River borders, she would be protected.

But what lay outside was a whole different matter, and as Corinna approached the border, she became aware of the foreign scents of those not allowed inside the invisible barrier. One scent in particular caught her attention, because it was fresh rather than stagnant. Wary, the leader slowed her speed, green eyes narrowing as she began to search for the lurker. They had not crossed the border, yet, but they were dangerously close. "Who's there?" She called out, her voice laced with the faintest trace of a growl and more than a little tone of authority. They might not be on her land, but she wanted to know who her neighbors were, no matter how temporary.

Inactive No Rank
Sojourn Ranger Aquila
Indru's scent was strongest, followed closely by the scent of a heavily pregnant female. She assumed that this was Indru's mate, though she had never met the girl and would probably not remember her from those many months ago. Even though mating season was over and her body had returned to its normal state, Ranger's heart still ached for a brood of her own. It was perhaps only because of Ruiko's presence in her life that she wished for a family; but whatever the cause, Ranger wished to be a mother. Living without a pack to support her was <span class='word'>incommodious</span> for her wish for motherhood this spring. However, she hoped that next spring she would be able to deliver a bundle of pups for her beloved, and raise them to be proud Tainns of the Wildwood.

The soot-coated female had been sniffing in the shadows of a large tree when she heard the call from a little distance away, asking who was there. Ranger's golden eyes opened wide as she wondered who had come calling, but when the wind changed direction, she caught the scent of the alpha female. Though she was a lone wolf and answered to no one but herself and Ruiko, Ranger still wanted to show proper respect. She lowered her head, slicked back her ears, and let her tail hang limply between her ankles. There was not much she would do about her height, though, as Ranger was a much larger wolf than Corinna would ever wish to be. She stepped out from the shadows, a small and respectful grin on her lips, and moved toward the pregnant female.

Ranger stopped a good few yards away from her, keeping her distance, and nodded. She knew that if any stranger came closer than that to her if she was pregnant, they would be dead in a millisecond, either by her own paws or one of her pack, following only a distance behind, ever watchful of the future of the pack. <b>"Greetings, ma'am,"</b> she began, her alto voice soft and gentle in the air between them. <b>"I am Ranger Aquila, a friend of Ruiko Tainn's."</b> The term "friend" was perhaps not the one she wanted to use, but it was the best she could do at the moment. They were not mates or lovers. <b>"We have lived together as lone wolves since we left Swift River. I came by to see how your pack fares, lady, and to extend our congratulations to you and Indru."</b> Her nose indicated the woman's swollen stomach and the scent that clearly told anyone that she was Alpha Female, not a woman to be reckoned with.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Corinna waited, gray ears perked atop her head attentively. She knew that there was somebody else here, even if she could not immediately see them. Her call had not been challenging, and her tone had merely let the other know that she was not dealing with an omega. Pulling herself up, the alpha female prepared herself for an answer, creme tail curling up over her back and head lifting up to her full height. She was not particularly large in size, but in the she-wolf's mind, it was not so much the size of the wolf as how they held themselves. The stranger could be a giant, but if they carried themselves meekly then there was no reason to fear them.

Almost immediately her call was answered, and Cori craned her neck forward eagerly, taking a few stray steps towards the borders, still searching. She was not unrewarded in her search, as an ebony black female came into view, her stance respectful and neutral - as much as Cori could ask given the situation. The lone wolf came forward, and Cori instinctively bristled as the other approached the border, but no trespass was made and she let her fur fall back flat against her coat. The other female had a smile on her lips, and while she might have been larger than Cori was, she carried herself in a, if not friendly, than certainly not a dangerous manner. Dipping her head in response, she waited, soaking up the information that Ranger offered to her. So she had been a part of Swift River? That was news to Corinna - Ruiko and Indru's challenge had literally happened at her acceptance. She had not had time to explore who all else had been a part of the pack before then. "Oh, I'm afraid I didn't know. My name is Corinna Donata," she introduced herself. "I'm also the size of a whale." Stifling the thought, she didn't bother adding on her rank or title, it should have been clear by her stance her bulging stomach that she was the lead female of the pack. Pausing for a moment, Cori remembered how easily the title had come - not as Indru's mate, but as being the only eligible female there. Had Ranger held the same position way back when? It had only been three months or so, but it felt like so much longer since Ruiko had accepted her and then been chased out. "I'm sorry we never got the chance to meet, Ranger. I hope that you and Ruiko are faring alright?" she inquired. She had met Ruiko on a few different occasions and would not have been opposed to living under his leadership, and his well being mattered to her. After all, her being Indru's mate did not mean it was incommodious to care about anybody else.

Inactive No Rank
Sojourn Ranger Aquila
<i> Sorry about the wait! <3 </i>

<b>"It's a pleasure to meet you, Corinna,"</b> she said with a smile, her eyes roaming across the female once again. She was beautiful, vibrant, and fertile. She could see how Indru had taken a liking to her and subsequently made her alpha female. <b>"I'm glad we are meeting now, though. I'd like to meet Ruiko's future nephews and nieces when they're around,"</b> she smiled again, her face alight with joy. Being part of her future family's lives was something she was looking forward to immensely.

<b>"We are doing well, thank you,"</b> she began, shrugging her shoulders softly. <b>"He misses his family here, but doesn't want to intrude, not just yet anyway."</b> She chuckled, knowing that Ruiko would frown to hear her talking about him so openly with others. <b>"We are enjoying our freedom, but I think he would like to settle down soon."</b> Ranger was jealous of Corinna's place in this pack as alpha, but wouldn't ever show it openly. She knew her place in the world, and right now, that was at the bottom of the heap.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

If things had played out differently, Corinna would have liked to have Ranger in the pack with her and Indru. She knew that there were more than a few wolves who had left the pack when Ruiko had lost the rank challenge, wolves that she had never gotten the opportunity to meet. Ranger in particular because she was a female, and that was one gender that was severely lacking in the Swift River area. She had Ozera, but that was it for the adult females. And her relationship with Borlla wasn't exactly pleasant.

Smiling she nodded her head in agreement. "Likewise, Ranger. I've heard of you, but I'm glad I finally have the chance to get to meet you," she confirmed, reflecting on her visit to see Ruiko a few weeks prior. He had talked fondly of the ebony female in front of her now, though she was surprised that they had not made their companionship official. The affection in Ruiko's voice, a rather illusive thing to hear to begin with, had surprised her. In all honesty, if things had not gone down the way they did, no doubt it would be Cori standing on the other side of the borders, staring down a pregnant Ranger. "I actually ran across Ruiko a few weeks ago, and I asked that he would be there. Given everything, if you would like to visit as well, I certainly wouldn't object." Indru might, but Cori would alert him to their special guests, but once he knew who they were, she doubted he would care too much. Family was family, no matter what.

With a low grunt, the tan and creme female slipped down onto her haunches, the look she shot Ranger inviting her to do the same if she wished. Normally she would remain standing during a visit like this, but the pups inside of her womb were sapping her strength. Really, if one thought about it, they were parasites, not bundles of joy. Cocking her head to the side, the female leader listened to Ranger speak. "Yeah, I got that impression when I ran into him. He has always been a pack wolf, being on his own must be difficult. Of course, he's not really alone, he has you. And his younger brother...Kinis?" The third litter mate of Triell and Borlla, the one that Cori had never gotten to meet. "Are there any places in particular that you guys are looking to settle down in?" Relic Lore was a pretty broad place, and there would be more than enough room for another pack.

<b>OOC:</b> Finished. =)
(This post was last modified: May 17, 2011, 01:30 PM by Corinna.)
Inactive No Rank
Sojourn Ranger Aquila
<i> Sorry about the wait. <3 Started a new job but now I think I’m in the groove. :) </i>

<b>“I appreciate the invitation,”</b> she said, austere as ever. Ranger was pleased to be invited to visit her future nieces and nephews, as she was certain that she and Ruiko would become a mated pair within a few months’ time. Already they lived and acted as if they were mates, and really, Ranger would never choose another male above him. Whatever he might do, whether his eye was caught by a younger, prettier young thing, Ranger would always love Ruiko Tainn. Nothing in the world could separate her from him, nothing except death. <b>“Have you thought of names?”</b> she asked softly, her eyes once more trailing along the woman’s swollen stomach as she sat. Ranger followed suit after Corinna’s glance and dipped her head respectfully, thanking her silently.

Her shoulder wound was fully healed and her hair was beginning to grow over the scar tissue, a thin film of black fuzz sprouting up. Ranger was thankful that the hair was growing back, because she would look mighty strange with a bald spot that big. The wound no longer bothered her, but sometimes the tightness of the new skin was comfortable in some movements. Ranger watched the female and noticed how Indru could <span class='word'>slaver</span> over Corinna’s beauty and obvious fertility. She was, in all respects, a perfect match for Indru Tainn, just as Ranger was a perfect complement to his brother Ruiko. Corinna then spoke of Ruiko and how he must not be getting along well being a lone wolf, but she simply shrugged softly and replied, <b>“He is carrying the cloak of the vagabond fairly well. We do travel with his younger brother Kinis, Borlla’s litter mate.”</b>

As far as the second question, Ranger wasn’t sure how to answer. Her favorite place was the Thicket of Secrets, but being any closer to Swift River than Wildcherry Orchard would probably not be a good idea. She thought of all the places they had spent time lately and she knew where they might go. <b>“We will probably settle southwest of here, near Whisper Marsh or Hush Meadow. We like the serenity of the water and the secluded feel of the lagoon. I don’t know for sure, though.”</b> Whatever they did, they would do together, and the decision would not be made lightly, quickly, or without much thought and deliberation. <b>“I’m sure Ruiko would be glad to host you and your family if you ever come visit, once the children are old enough.”</b>
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

This was nice. This easy conversation between the two she-wolves. It didn't feel forced, it didn't feel scripted. They were perfect strangers, but that didn't mean they couldn't have a nice chat, especially about something that was near and dear to both of their hearts: the Tainn brothers. Though the two females were not legitimate Tainns themselves, they had married in, so-to-speak, and the concerns of the family were now their concerns. For while Corinna was the mother of these pups, she knew full well that they would grow up more Tainn than Donata. As for extending the invitation to Ranger, it seemed only natural and right that she did so - Indru and Ruiko's quarrels were not her own, she had not lost her individuality that far.

Ears perking at the question, she chuckled and shook her head sadly. "No, not really. I know Indru wants to name one after his father, Rihael, but beyond that, I honestly don't have a clue," she admitted. She knew that was usually a job for the mother, but she wanted to play it by ear, certain that when she finally gave birth to the little scamps, she would immediately chose upon the right name for them. After all, names had to fit, and how could one name a pup before they met them? "I just want to know them first, because I give them any names. It seems more fitting that way, as opposed to naming them before hand and not having their names match."

As the two females seated themselves, Corinna's green eyes noted the patch of differently colored fur on Ranger's shoulder. There was an old wound there, something that Cori was no stranger too. She remembered fully the bite she had received from Indru, and was thankful that there had been no permanent scaring. But it was rude to stare, and she averted her eyes to listen to Ranger answer her questions. She started though when she heard Kinis' name. The mysterious youth that she had never met, another of the Tainn siblings she had heard so much about. She had assumed that he was missing in action, along with Niija, Junai, and Torla, but to hear that he was alive and well in Relic Lore, that was something. She wondered if Indru knew, and decided that she would ask him later when they were getting ready for sleep. "Really? I wasn't aware that Kinis was in Relic Lore. I've never had the opportunity to meet him, though if he is anything like Triell and Borlla, I'm sure he's a wonderful kid," she responded, aware that her reaction to the name might be a bit awkward if gone unexplained.

The locations that Ranger named off were foreign to Corinna's ears, and she tried to hide her confusion, though she wasn't sure how successful she was at it. Since her pregnancy, she had rarely strayed further than the Grove. Movement was limiting, and she was unaware that the borders of Relic Lore had been expanded, though she had noted that when Indru left, he left for longer periods of time than normal. He had not told her of any new explorations, however, and she had taken it with a grain of salt."It seems loving water runs in the Tainn blood," she joked, trying to cover her confusion. Of course, her statement applied to every creature who wanted to remain alive, but whatever. "And of course. I might get sick of them if they stay here all the time," Cori's voice broke into chuckles. She might love them with all of her heart, but she knew that in the days ahead, it would be a struggle. "There's going to be good and bad days, perhaps Uncle Ruiko would be happy to provide discipline on the bad."

Inactive No Rank
Sojourn Ranger Aquila
Ranger could see Corinna's point. Naming a child before actually giving birth to them could be a bad thing, especially if the name you had chosen didn't match the child at all. Plus, how could you choose a name when you didn't even know if you were going to have boys or girls? A mix? More of the other? Ranger was thankful she hadn't gotten pregnant this spring because simply thinking about <i>thinking</i> about baby names was giving her a headache. She would have deferred to Ruiko anyway as far as names went, simply for the fact that she wanted no ties to her former family whatsoever. <b>"I think that is a good idea, m'lady. It would give you time to think of many different names, and then choose whichever fits each child best."</b>

The subject of Kinis brought a smile to her face, something that had rarely happened in her former life. Ranger had blossomed much since her arrival in the Wildwood and she was glad for it. <b>"Kinis stays with Ruiko and I. He misses having a pack, for sure, but I know he wants to be with his older brother as much as possible."</b> Ranger wasn't sure why he hadn't returned to Swift River after the hardships of being a lone wolf, but he was stronger than she originally thought. <b>"I tried to persuade him to move back to the River with you and Indru, but he didn't want to hear anything of it."</b> She chuckled warmly and shook her head. <b>"He's a stubborn boy, but a very good one too."</b>
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
Short post is short. >.<

Gone Tomorrow

So she wasn't strange for wanting to wait to name her puppies. This was a good sign. She was always worried that others would not respect her choice and insist that she have a list of names all set up, ready for the moment when the pups emerged into the world blind, deaf, and completely helpless.A far cry from the grown up Kinis that Ranger was now talking about. Talking about him brought smiles to the ebony female, and Cori wagged her tail as the mood lightened. It was always easier when what they were talking about were good things. Nodding her head, she remained mute for a moment, tossing the words back and forth in her head. Why had Kinis refused to come live within the safety and security of the Swift River pack? Had Indru done something to him in the past that would make him care more for Ruiko? Or was it more likely to do with her? She remembered with dismay Borlla's original reaction to the announcement that Indru had a mate, and it had not gone over well. Had Kinis had a similar reaction to the news? She would never know. Coming out of her thoughtful sojourn she smiled. "I'm sure he is a good boy, and stubborn. That seems to be a family trait, one I'm not looking forward to dealing with," she joked, eyes cast downward to her stomach. Looking back up, she extended her invitation even further. "Of course, Kinis is welcome when the pups arrive as well. They need to know as much of their family as they can."

Glancing upwards, the female shifted her paws before looking back at the ebony giant. Smiling, she took a step backwards. "I'm afraid that I need to be going. Indru needed to speak with me, and he'll be wondering where I am. Please give my well wishes to Ruiko and Kinis." With a curt nod of her head, the she-wolf turned over her shoulder and headed back the way she had come.

(This post was last modified: Jun 07, 2011, 02:28 PM by Corinna.)