(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online
Bing, Google

black moon white again — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
For @Danica and @Hudson
Backdated to 5/25, midday the day after Daniel's birth.

It had been a slow trip back, but with steady strides and only a little bit of leaning here and there, a rest or two to let the squirming newborn down to feed, they had made it. The stench of the thicket wolves lay upon the ground thickly, overwhelming Gent's nose. He felt no concern however, given not only that the Crest and the Woodlands were under truce currently, but because he was bringing back their darling princess and newest heir to safety. Surely, they wouldn't attack him so rashly, given Danica and Daniel's proximity? The image of Lugh's gaping hip where Gent personally had amputated his mangled leg from flashed through the man's mind, sending a shiver through him. It was criminals that had done that, he reminded himself. Criminals that had been banished. Still, he couldn't put himself at ease.

Pale glacial eyes scanned the gloom that overtook the land only a few trees' depth in, all senses alert for whatever might come at him from the dark. When he saw that there was no one near, he took his chances to tear his sights away and lay them upon the newborn held ever so gently in Danica's mouth. Little Daniel was clearly stressed and anxious to return to what he knew as normal, and Gent worried for his health. Hopefully, this venture back hadn't been too soon, hopefully Gent had made the right decision for this makeshift family.

Given that Danica's jaws and tongue were immobilized by her child, Gent took it upon himself to send out two short barks, alerting anyone nearby that the princess was home.
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2015, 05:17 AM by Gent.)
Played by Tay who has 19 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Hudson Sawyer

@Danica wasn't in the den.

Her scent, and all other traces were meddled with the staunch smell of fermenting birth and they trailed from under that deftly log with the wide open wind. They took off into the woods, trailing off down the deep, dangerous alleyways of thicket. Fear painted red accents in Hudson's eyes he barreled down the den's entrance. He could have missed something in the panic. He could have stumbled over the weak, black poof of Danica's blossom, only to find it now on his fifth time back into their vacant home. He found that it was again empty. She was gone. Completely gone. It had only been one goddamned day and the whole thing, his whole new-discovered purpose gutted before his own very traumatized eyes.

He waited there in the dark for a while. Dead, shadowy arms draped over him, smothered him. What have I done. Hudson left them there. As far as he could recall, he covered the scents thoroughly, made naught a sound, and secured their structure before winding back to pack territory in search of prey for breakfast. After all they'd labored and fool-proofed for that goddamned den site. After all he'd done for a child that wasn't even his. He could not move. Panic pulsed like a heartbeat in his temples, paralyzing, numbing everything else. The Sawyer smelled faint traces of a male wafting around with the heaviness of yesterday's birth. It wasn't his own scent. It wasn't Mirren's or Miccah's either.

Even if it was Daniel's father, how could they leave this all behind? Huck knew damn well a newborn couldn't survive outside the dark warmth of the den and their mother. He even knew Danica well enough to know she wouldn't, couldn't just leave him to panic like this without a word of forewarning. The white wolf knew that wherever they were, they were in grave, inevitable danger. Security was his promise to her and her child.

He emerged from the den one last time, blinking out into the insipid overcast light. Their scents were growing more and more stale. He was losing it until suddenly two sharp warning barks clapped the air just behind the treeline. The white wolf spun on the spot, inhaling the strong whiff of his surrogate family and the male that took them. Hudson narrowed his eyes at the black interloper, shaking his gaze as he realized Danica and the child were unharmed. A deep sigh escaped braced lungs, he felt lightheaded. There was no telling what he would have done if they were injured by that black brute of a wolf. The Sawyer cleared the way quickly to the den's entrance for Danica, but settled firmly just to the side of the opening.

There was great justification in order with this meddler. Hudson was not readily in the mood for bullshit. "Can I just ask what the hell is going on here?" He turned his eyes then, to the one he'd almost lost. "I thought I was too late, Danica."

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2015, 09:33 PM by Hudson.)
[Image: YQdb4we.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(So sorry, I forgot about this!)

After her surprise birth at the creek, Danica was happy to be home, and ready for a nice long nap in the den Hudson had helped her create. She hoped he was well, and wondered of his whereabouts. Thankfully though this was all answered soon as he came rushing forward to greet them, concern written all over his pale face. Unable to speak she wordlessly carried Daniel back to their little den in the glade, rested him on the dirt floor, and turned back to the males. Both large with contrasting colors. Smiling she nudged her white knight then her black knight, "This is Gent, my brother, and this is Hudson, my friend who's helped me greatly."

When the lighter of the brutes spoke her gut twisted, a frown lacing her lips, causing her to gently rasp her tongue across his cheek, "I'm so sorry, I didn't think of telling you I was going to Heart leaf creek. I should have and I'm sorry I didn't. I would have been home sooner if I didn't end up giving birth while visiting. Gent helped use return, but don't threat, come meet Daniel. Every things alright Hudson, " She cooed softly, her voice a gentle mummer. Tiredly the new mother slipped into their den, curling around her son, and closing emerald eyes without care.

@Daniel eagerly went away to suckling and quiting down after being embraced by his mother's warm comfort. It was nice finally being able to lay down with her little blossom and know he was safe, that there would be no more travel today. Or for that matter until he was much older. Instead she could snuggle and cuddle her newborn, showering him with affection as she enjoyed th high of being a mother. It filled her heart to the point she thought it could burst.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Gent had expected her mother to answer the call, in all honestly. Certainly, he had anticipated the vision that stood so defiantly before him. A complete stranger around his own age, smelling only of the pack lands and nothing like blood to Danica, swiftly met the call and attempted to gore the king with slitted, mistrusting eyes. However, it wasn't until the other's voice hit the air that Gent truly felt angered by the man. Reactively, his tail lifted high and curved above his back while he bared his fangs silently.

Seemingly unaware of the tension so quickly thickening around her, Danica quickly offered introductions before taking her child to what would now be his home. Gent's ears flicked in her direction momentarily as she invited this pale stranger to meet Daniel, a bout of protective indignance rising up within him. With great and sudden speed, the man followed on her heels, and followed her into the den, curling his massive form around her lithe figure. His muzzle came to rest at Daniel's rump, a possessive positioning that was meant to relay a message to this Hudson.

Gent did not by any means block the other man's access to Danica nor her newborn, but the delivery should have been flawless; they were his, and Hudson best respect that inarguable fact.