(See All?) Announcements
245 Users Online
Google, Bing

cliffs of dover — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
For @Nina only.
7/14 - midday, sunny 72 ° F.

It had been far long than he'd wanted it to be, but so much had happened to keep him away. Now, nearly two months later, Gent had returned to Secret Woodlands' borders with a crown atop his head and a mission to see his dear friend Danica and godson Daniel. As the Crest king approached his once-enemy's land, excitement built up within him both to see that Dani was doing well and to witness how much her son had grown. However, there was an important matter he knew he had to get out of the way first.

When returning Danica back to her home immediately after Daniel's birth, Gent had hoped they would meet with the thicket wolves' leader, Nina. Unfortunately, Hudson had been the only one to appear to whisk the new mother away. The one time he'd seen her, she had been dealing business with Minka, and Gent had been nothing more than a guardian, silently watching on the sidelines. Now, he was on the same level as the Hervok woman, and it was time they spoke about his relationship with her daughter, and his intentions to continually visit the small family. Overall, he wanted to do things right the first time and extend the courtesy of asking Nina for permission.

Stopping short of the thickly scent-laced borders, Gent lifted his muzzle toward the blue sky and let out a relatively short howl, requesting the queen's presence.
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2015, 09:12 PM by Gent.)
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina was much more comfortable knowing that her daughter was returned safely to her and that her son was quite healthy. It still astounded Nina to know that not only did she have one grandchild, but she had two. While the reminder brought such joy to her, it was hard to believe that she was getting so old. She surely did not feel as old as she was but as soon as she would think about it, she would realize just how worn down her body was getting, due to her malnutrition. However, since Mirren’s return, she had gained most of her weight back and ever since Lyanna was brought into their lives, a new light had been brought back into Nina’s single orb. It was not so much that she felt powerful again, which she was, but she felt like she was needed and that she could do something to help someone else. The Hervok did not have to deny anyone their happiness anymore and she felt relieved now that it was all said in done. In a way, she was pleased that Koda and Iopah had left, happy for them and for herself. They would not be miserable while they were in Secret Woodlands and as much as it broke her heart to admit it, she would not be able to see them hate her, knowing that she would have been the one to deny them their happiness. But even though they were happy, Nina knew that if she allowed them to stay it would have torn her up on the inside. Pack law was what mattered in their home and they had broken that law. It was what made Nina feel like she made the right decision.

Secret Woodlands had not had any problems, except for the questionable disappearance of Hudson, whom she had not seen in quite some time. Otherwise, the pack was peaceful and with the knowledge that Miccah and Aideen had returned home in a timely manner, the golden brown dam felt that things were finally starting to look like they were going on the right track. However, when an unfamiliar howl requested her presence at the border, she felt a stir of uncertainty within her. It sounded like the voice knew exactly who it was calling for, quite confidently, might she add. Scoffing softly to herself in disbelief, she moved gracefully towards where the stranger had called, not answering back. She preferred it when she could see who she was dealing with before she arrived and if she responded to the call, then she would give away her current location, which was something Nina even questioned doing with her outside friends. So when Nina arrived at the border, she narrowed her single eye on the dark male in front of her. Instantly, she recognized him, remembering the man from the meeting that Minka and Nina held concerning the war that Minka had launched on Secret Woodlands. While the two packs had resolved their differences, Nina sure as hell could not call them the Woodlands friends. They had no concern to her, just as they did not to her brother. The golden lady was fully aware of just how much Ash hated them. The sister had promised to her brother that she would have nothing to do with them, unless it involved her son, Bane, who now remained with them, or Silentium, whom Nina was sure Minka was planning on demolishing after learning what Iopah had done to her subordinate.

Lifting herself high, Nina stepped from the shadows, regal in the presence of others. She did not greet the other man, not truly knowing his name. She did not care, all she wanted to know was why he thought it was alright for him to come to her borders. Obviously, she had questioned the same thing about Inali when she had first come to speak to her of the pending war. Perhaps this man would have some information for her worthy of her time but if he did not, Nina just wanted him to get the hell away from her family, they did not need any more drama. So when she inquired about his presence, Nina was neither friendly nor hostile, "What are you doing here?" The Hervok lady’s back was tense, unsure of the other man’s presence. Things had been going so well in Secret Woodlands, Nina only hoped that some else had not fucked it up.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
He waited faithfully, certain that his call would not be ignored. There was a high level of alertness existing amongst all of his senses, as the man was very much open to the possibility that his presence would not be warmly recepted. Still, he felt enough confidence to extend a thin line of trust to these strangers. After all, as horrific and intolerable as Lugh's attack had been, it was the only instance of many encounters that had resulted negatively with the Woodlands wolves.

When she finally appeared to heed his call, Gent could see that her caution far exceeded his, and he wondered if Danica ever spoke of him at all to her mother. Before she even spoke, the man lowered his head, showing deference to her and the domain she ruled. Glacial eyes stole over her for only a moment before resting upon her beige paws. He couldn't say he'd expected her to be any more amiable. From what he had witnessed of her, from the power she packed behind her in both the strength of her own packmates and those of her allies, he knew that she was a grave and powerful woman. In addition to the fairness she'd treated himself and Minka with during the their previous meeting, it all only served to earn respect from the Lieris king.

"I've come to visit Danica and Daniel, if you'll give me permision to," he informed her, offering to her the exact point of his visit before delving in a little more deeper. "I'm not sure how much you know about my friendship with your daughter, but I consider her to be very dear to me, and she has appointed me to be Daniel's godfather. I was there for his birth." I named him. His mind could've offered a million reasons why he should be let in, but for now he sealed his jaws and awaited for her response to what little he had supplied. Gent wasn't entirely sure what he would do if access was denied him.
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2015, 09:04 PM by Gent.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The alpha thought she had made it extremely clear that she did not want to see Minka’s pack once their little debacle was over, unless it had to do with her son. But it became quickly apparent to Nina – after her arrival – that the cause for this man’s visit was for something completely different. At his words, which sounded much like a demand to the golden dam, her lips drew back in a snarl. The Hervok was well aware of how she could be intimidating. Her dearest brother had so expertly educated her in that manner of their relationship. What also bothered her was the title of godfather. There was no way Titan could possibly know that this…man was his child’s godfather. The fact that she did not even know this man’s name did not do well to settle her nerves. When her lips parted, her words were calm, the direct opposite of the tornado on the inside, "And what makes you think that you are special enough to come into my territory when I don’t even know your name? And that you’re from a pack that I want nothing to do with unless it involves bringing Koda and Iopah down? Or perhaps the fact that the father of my daughter’s child would want nothing to do with you?" She paused then, her single emerald eye pinned on the other man, her words meaning to hurt, "Do you even know who he is?"

She did not weaver in her intensity, knowing the best way to get her point across was to be the way she was. Of course, Nina took note that the other man meant something to her daughter, otherwise he would not be here. As she listened to his answers, the golden brown lady took his words into consideration, now knowing that she truly was a single parent. Danica was still acting quite like a child and the Hervok found that she needed to keep an eye on her daughter more than she had to keep an eye on Lyanna or Daniel. Both were extraordinary children and the alpha would do everything in her power to ensure their safety, even if it meant refusing someone that supposedly meant something to them.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Subtle aggressions came swiftly and, to Gent's well-meaning mind, completely unwarranted. Thick black ears angled back a few degrees as his glacial eyes witnessed her scowling, the sound of it soft but assertive and angered all the same. What was she upset about? His simple presence, given his other alliances? Or perhaps that he was giving her information about her daughter that had thus far been kept from her? Surely, the man didn't want it to seem that he'd been sneaking behind the woman's back this entire time.

Normally, even if justified, a reaction such as Nina's would have wormed its way into wounding his pride, even if just a smidgen. And normally, such a thing would illicit an ill-tempered result from the blue black leviathan. However, this wasn't any normal request. His ability to see Danica and her child were crucial to him, and thus he would uphold his patience and continue to be nothing but polite to the woman who was determined to melt the already thin ice from beneath his paws.

"Titan Thorben," he answered her, voice as calm as though she'd asked him about the weather. "And I am Gent Lieris; my apologies for not introducing myself first. I honestly didn't expect my wishes to come as such a surprise, but I'll give you all the information you ask for; I have nothing to hide."

And that was the truth. The only thing he wouldn't do for the woman was betray his own queen.

"I haven't seen Titan since he was a pup, but I would hope he approves of me; I saved his life the previous winter, when he was caught in both a thicket and a snowstorm alone. I met Danica not far from your border when I was a member of Hollow Heart Keep that same winter; she had wandered into the fields and I guided her back. I also met Iopah and Hollow that day, and hunted with them both. When that lone caribou broke the famine, I remember seeing you, and the second time when our packs teamed up, I spoke with Iopah again and met Danica's father." There was a moment's pause here, monitoring her reaction at the mention of the Woodlands traitors, before he forged on.

"Other things took me away from the Lore for a year, and when I returned I joined Minka because Hollow Heart Keep had all but vanished. I ran into Danica a few times in the fields and at the creek again, and our bond has grown very deep. I see her like I would a little sister." That could have been expanded on with oh so many words, but he knew that the queen had not the interest nor tolerance for any sort of ramblings, and Gent wasn't that sort of man anyways. What was between him and Danica need only be justified with a few words; the rest was no one else's business, truly. Why it needed to be preserved however, he knew was the heart of the issue.

"I am the alpha beside Minka now, and I can't give you any information on my pack, even if that is the toll you want to charge. But as kind as Iopah had once been to me, Lugh has to spend the rest of his life walking on only three legs thanks to her. Rest assured, wherever they have settled, they are a common enemy for us; I'm not here to stir up trouble, or to play spy games. I have no reason to. I only want to be able to visit Danica and Daniel, to be there for them."
(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2015, 03:51 AM by Gent.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She did not let up on her tense posture, not trusting this man for a moment. She did, however, listen. Her single emerald eye was trained on his form as she listened to what he had to say. It did seem as though he had been all over the place. Her tail flicked irritably behind her. His rambling was something new that she was not use to. She hated it when others spoke too much and this man was doing exactly that. Nina held her tongue though, waiting for him to get to the point. And, unfortunately, it seemed as though he had a very good one. It seemed as though this boy was friends with her daughter. The Hervok probably would have denied his request except for two things that stuck out to her. The fact that he was being dead honest impressed her immensely, but the thing that caught her attention most was the term brother. The mother’s mind wandered back to when Ashton and Tacoma had been around to be with their sister. Everything had been fine until Tacoma’s death. Then everything had done horribly. Ashton had left and Danica’s insanity increased.

As much as she hated the decision she had to make, she considered the consequences to her daughter’s mind if she did not agree to what Gent had said. However, there was a certain point where she would have to draw the line. And Mirren would definitely need to be spoken to about this. Grinding her teeth together, the mother opened her mouth, her voice firm, "You may see my daughter and her son, but only them. I do not want you speaking to any of my pack member, which should not be a problem because you are going to visit them outside of the territory. This should not be a problem either because Danica has made her den outside of the lands." Her tail swayed high above her back easily, it become habit after having lead the pack for so long. Parting her lips again, she spoke, "And should you break any of these rules or hurt my daughter, I will make sure you will never be able to return to see her." Her tone was soft, easy, as if what she had said was not a big deal, but truly it was. There was no saying what Danica would tell Gent, with her mind in such a jumble anything could slip out, and that was probably what concerned Nina more than anything. Deciding that she might as well be nice about something and try to amend what Iopah had caused. "Also…if your friend needs any help adjusting to three legs, I would be able to help. I’ve deal with many similar cases." Including myself, almost.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
The first words to come from her muzzle in response to his flood of information had been exactly what the man had wanted to hear, and his shoulders visibly relaxed as the weight of a million doubts were lifted from them. Yet as she continued, while unable to quell the happiness he felt at being able to visit Danica and her child, his lips drew into a thin line and his gazed hardened. There was no qualm on Gent's behalf about not being able to speak with other pack members, as none of the Woodlands wolves interested him a bit, and the less they knew about him the better. No, it was the threat that Nina supplied with her stipulations that tensed the king's muscles. Clearly, the idea of being cut off from them bothered him greatly, but if she was intuitive the woman would see that this only meant he would be sure to abide by her rules.

Almost as an afterthought, Nina took a stab at kindness and suddenly mentioned @Lugh, catching the blue black monster off guard. His eyes softened considerably at the thought of his crippled friend, and while the alpha's offer would most likely never be utilized, that fact that she had provided it would certainly mean something to the herbalist, and Gent would certain to tell him once returned to Round Stone Crest.

"Thank you," he finally said, and not much else for a moment. He couldn't know of just how many troubles plagued Danica's mind, but those he did know of dealt with abandonment, and he had also been thinking of the consequences upon the girl should she think that yet another man had turned his back on her. Hopefully, his visits would prove his dedication, and having his support would help Danica's peace of mind. And hopefully, Nina would witness this and know she had made the right choice.

"Has Titan been around?" he then pursued, tentatively but knowing that this might be his only chance to find out. The man certainly did not want to bring up the subject to Danica should the answer be no, not wanting to cause her pain.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina hated the fact that she needed to do this, especially since it was for her daughter. Ever since Danica had returned, she had caused nothing but strife within Secret Woodlands. Between not contributing for the pack and becoming reclusive towards everyone else, along with disobeying her own mother…it was driving the woman off the charts. She loved Danica with all her heart, but if it came down to it and Danica proved a threat towards the pack or Daniel, Nina was sure to boot her from the pack. The fact that she had someone else to look after her would be good for her, mainly because Nina had not once seen nor heard of Titan coming to visit. Truthfully, Nina wasn’t even sure if he knew about the pregnancy. Her tail swayed high above her back and the thought. Gent even mentioned it and Nina had to mull the answer over in her head. As far as she knew, Titan had never been mentioned, not even to Daniel. Not once at the dark pup mentioned his father’s name and it worried her greatly. She was not going to choose what information got passed down onto the boy or not, unless it was information from many generations.

With a great huff, Nina spoke, her voice clipped, "No…I haven’t. Have you heard anything on his whereabouts?" Her single eye narrowed considerably, into an even slit. While she could appreciate Titan remaining with his pack(as Nina assumed he was), it mattered to her that he had not once came to see her daughter or meet the life they had created together. This was probably notable through the insistent swaying of her tail high above her back. It was not proper for a father and mother to be away from one another. It could do horrible things for the children. It had happened to both of her litters. Fortunately, the pack had helped sustain them through life and gave them anything they could ask for. At the time being, Nina wasn’t sure if Daniel was going to have that, but Nina was going to make damn sure that she tried.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Just your exit and we're good! If @Nina wanted to say anything more that would require a response from Gent, let me know and I can take out the last bit about Gent walking away.

It was clear by her demeanor what the answer would be before her curt voice even spoke it. A frown passed over Gent's face once more at the news, the disappointment he held within Titan growing steeper still. He found himself hoping something grave had happened to the boy so that Danica could at least believe that it hadn't been the Thorben's choice to abandon the small family he had helped create with her. If the youth was indeed well and simply apart... well, the civility of that discussion would hinge very heavily upon what Titan's excuse was, though Gent couldn't imagine one worth forgiving. His thoughts turned to Marianna and her brothers, how nothing short of death could keep him from his children.

"I haven't," he answered her back. "But I've been keeping ears and eyes out for him, believe me."

Every wolf in Round Stone Crest was informed of several persons of interests, and Titan had been listed one of them upon Gent's ascent to the throne. They were perhaps too far north to pick up on the boy's whereabouts, but they were available to the information all the same.

"If I find anything, you'll be first to know," he promised, conceding that the mother would do best with delivering painful news to her daughter. He'd already touched on the subject with Danica, and been proven utterly helpless to do anything more than distract her from the thoughts. Empathy, consoling, none of it was a strong suit for the Lieris man and he was well aware of this.

"I'll send a howl when I'm on my way out."

A decent offer he thought, making casual interaction between the two unnecessary, as he assumed the thicket queen would prefer it, without leaving her to wonder throughout the day whether or not the Crest wolf was still lingering around her borders. With that vow, he dipped his crown in deference to her once more before padding past her, headed for Danica and Daniel's abode.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The alpha watched Gent’s reaction closely, noting that he didn’t seem to be taking the news lightly either. It was disappointing for Nina because she hadn’t even had a chance to talk to the boy about what he had done. When she did have the chance, the Hervok would ensure that there was hell to pay. She spoke a soft ‘thank you’ to the other man, glad to see that their conversation was over. She remained where she was for a moment, letting him walk past her and into her home. The golden brown dame almost called out to him to keep aware of the thorns but thought better of it, knowing that everyone found out on their own one way or another.

With a soft sigh, the woman pushed forward knowing that today would still be another long day without much rest. The woman moved along her borders, continuing to mark them and make sure that there were not any other unwelcome visitors around. All in all, their encounter could have gone much worse and Nina could have denied Danica’s right to see another possible suitor. Nina held high doubts that Gent’s thoughts were completely harmless. After all, her daughter was high maintenance and in every manner of the word, unstable. While Nina wasn’t sure if Danica was capable of raising a child, she was still glad that she had others to help her along the way.