562 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Vili

Who's Your Penny? — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
For @Anthem

After a long day of scouting the borders like Des had showed him Kajika had also managed to catch something to add to the cache.  He was doing his best to do his part to take care of his new pack.  Though it was hard getting back into it especially when he didn't have blood to dictate his place.  Sometimes he felt as the lowest member he had to work much harder then he had to in his old pack.  He didn't mind it at all of course, he'd told Namid he'd do what it took but he still thought often of his old pack.  He felt having been accepted into Fallen Tree Cove had brought it back to the surface and most of the time he tried to push the thoughts away but sometimes questions came up that he still didn't have answers for and he didn't think he would ever get them.

Kajika was just coming back from getting a drink of water at the lake and heading to drop his contribution off when he came across the scent of another wolf.  One he'd yet to met but he was sure part of the pack.  "Is someone there?" He asked into the forest after placing his prey on the ground.  Kajika was eager to meet his other pack mates and get to know them.  He really did want it to work out in this pack and the most important thing was to be able to get along with the other members.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 18, 2015, 10:33 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
He had been noticing a new scent along the borders. Anthem assumed it was a new member to the pack seeing as how he had come across it with Des and it smelled just a bit of Namid. He hadn't decided whether or not he should go greet the new wolf seeing as how the beta wasn't sure if the newcomer would even stay. What good was creating connection when there was a chance that they would leave right away? He had nearly scared Des away after all and he was almost positive that he scared Primrose away, though her scent was faint here and there but otherwise there was no trace of her pale hide. He was happy that they hadn't crossed paths though he still intended to find her...one of these days.

Deciding it best to distract himself from his thoughts about the white witch Anthem made his way towards the lake. He breathed a sigh of relief when it came into view before he wadded into the cool water with the intent on catching some fish to enjoy and possibly bring one to Namid. She enjoyed fish as he recalled so maybe she would enjoy one. That was assuming he caught one at all. It took him some time before he managed to get one and he wadded out of water fish in mouth and his fur soaked with water. One failed attempt after another had left him almost drenched. So once on shore he quickly shook himself and then proceeded to go further into the trees were he could enjoy his meal.

He had just found a spot to lay down when a voice called out asking if there was anyone there. Anthem set the fish down and huffed softly in irritation before walking towards the voice his head even with his spine. Just me. He said as he gazed at the unfamiliar face that greeted him. He gazed at the man before him surprised to see that they were about the same height but that the other might have been longer. Did you want need something? He asked as he watched the other before deciding he should introduce himself. I'm Anthem.

@Kajika
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

There were things that he was still learning about this pack and which was something that he had expected.  He was aware that not every pack was the same because not every leader was he same.  Things could be done one way in one pack while completely different in another and he still had to work out all the things that this pack did differently than his last pack.  It was somewhat challenging but he was most certainly up for the task.  He wanted this to work out as much for Des and the pack as he did for himself.  He was certain that the only way to do that was to learn the differences so that an unnecessary mistake wasn’t made as well as learn about his pack mates.

That of course could prove to be a little more difficult considering they probably all had their own feelings about not only him being there but about their position in the pack.  He knew that it would take time but he hoped that one day he would no longer be considered an outsider but he could not let himself get discouraged if that day did not come when he thought that it should.

He did not have to wait long for the wolf that he had scented to answer his inquiry.  The male appeared before he answered with a just me.  He looked his pack mate over for a few moments and in that time he was asked if he wanted or needed something, “I just wondered who was there and hoped to meet who them since I am new to the pack and your scent wasn’t familiar to me,”

he explained.  Then the male told him his name, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m Kajika,” he said introducing himself in return.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2015, 11:29 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
@Kajika  

If Anthem really thought about it he shouldn't have been surprised to have been called out to. Any new member would try and seek out someone to talk to and start to gain the connections that would make the pack feel like family. Once upon a time he had decided to stop trying to make those connections though and then when everything fell down around him and Vespertio he had decided that he should begin now though he wasn't sure if he should. His first meeting with Des and Primrose had been a rocky but that had for the most part been soothed over in Des's case. Looking at the new member who introduced himself as Kajika he hoped that this wouldn't be a repeat performance. 

How do you like it here so far? Anthem asked indicating their surroundings though he meant the pack in general. The question was more a way to keep the conversation going than to sate the beta's curiosity, but he would still listen carefully to the other's response. If Anthem was being honest he didn't really know what else to say Kajika had approached him so the beta didn't really have any idea as to what the other was looking for, if he was looking for anything at all. 
(This post was last modified: Jul 25, 2015, 03:49 PM by Anthem.)
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika did want to make a good impression on his pack mates. He wanted them to know that he would pull his weight and do what was necessary to protect the pack in whatever way he could. At first had taken a little bit to adjust to not thinking only of himself and what he needed but thought he was finally getting to where he needed to be as a subordinate. The pack needed to come first.  If he wasn’t sure about anything he was sure about that.

"I like it very much and I'm glad to have found a place that gives me enough time can be home having just joined a short time ago I'm still finding my way, you know how it can be," he explained.  There was still a lot for him to learn about this pack especially since it was so different from his own but he knew that with enough time he would soon be able to move about the pack as if he’d been here the whole time.  "How long have you been with the pack? If you don't mind my asking."

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2015, 10:46 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
@Kajika

The response that was given had Anthem nodding his head in agreement but to be honest he didn't really know. He had traveled most of his life after he had left his birth-pack. In a different place he had been on the verge of helping a pack start but then they had fallen apart before they could even start so the beta had found himself wandering once more. He didn't know how long it had been since he had actually been in a pack, before this one that is. Yet he could relate at least a little because of when he had first joined the Cove and had decided to make it his home. The question that came after wasn't surprising to him at all.

It's fine and I don't mind answering. I have been here since early last winter. He told Kajika simply. He had been here right before the snow started to get its grip on the land. Then he had left in search of members and after having no luck he had returned to find a new queen leading beside Vespertio. The only one that has been here longer is Vespertio. He helped to found this pack. Anthem added after a brief pause. He wasn't trying to give a history lesson but he figure that the knowledge might comfort the other. He wasn't the only newer member they had though he had been the last to join them, so far. The knowledge could make him worry as well which wasn't the beta's intention. Why would there be so many newer wolves when the pack had been around for a time already? That was something not even Anthem knew and if they ever came back he would try and find out. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was hard to answer the question that had been asked him too deeply since her had only been with the pack a short time.  Still he had given Anthem the best answer that he could from the time that he had.  Kajika thought that once he had been with the pack for a few months and he had gotten plenty used to the way that things were done he would feel more at home and not so much like a newcomer.  Till then though he had to work that much harder to prove that he was worthy of everyone's trust and that he took his duties to the pack seriously.  He had done so in his birth pack and he planned to work just as hard for Fallen Tree Cove for as long as they would have him.  He also knew that at least in his opinion his words didn't mean anything, he knew that he had to prove himself and he hoped in time that he would.  He hoped that perhaps a talk with his friend could help him to find a way that he would do that.

Kajika smiled when Anthem told him that he didn't mind answering the question.  "That is quite a long time," he stated. It was longer than or as long as he had been with his last pack if counted in months.  He hoped that he would be able to remain a member for that long or longer but he did not know the future so he had learned not to count too much on things.  It was easy for a life path to change before understanding could be had.  "My apologies but I am not completely aware of everyone's rank and role," said Kajika politely, "I was wondering what position you held with the pack?" Kajika was curious about this he thought it a good idea to know who his superiors were and what they did.  He would then know who to go to for whatever he might need in the future.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2015, 11:37 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
Was it really that long of a time? Anthem wondered thinking about how it was near the middle of summer and he had joined in early winter. He had been there close to six months? It didn't feel like he had been a Cove wolf for that long. Maybe because he had been gone for some of the winter searching for members to join their ranks. He truly felt that he hadn't been here that long. It didn't matter though how long he had been here, it was his home and it would remain that way as long as his friends ruled here. If they left he would follow simple as that, but that was not a train of thought he wanted to follow so he refocused on the man in front of him. It hasn't felt like that long to me. He commented back not knowing how long he had remained silent. He hoped it hadn't been too long.

My rank and role? Anthem asked tipping his head to the side. I am the Beta as well as a Guardian here. Anthem told him simply nothing in his neutral posture changing as he watched the other. A thought crossed his mind. Are you looking to climb the ranks? He asked curiously. Anthem knew his sister was trying to become a beta in place of Primrose but if Kajika was going to try and replace him as beta... Well he wasn't going to make it easy and he wasn't going to let it go without making sure that the dark man could hold it, that is if Kajika managed to defeat Anthem. He was thinking too far ahead now the other had barely just become a member it would take a bit for him to settle into the Cove before he decided anything, unless he had come in with the intention to take over. 

@Kajika
I am the Anthem we sing,

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika thought that time was an interesting thing.  It felt like he had been in Relic Lore for a long time but the truth of it was he had only been in his new home for a few months.  Now he belonged to a pack and had a friend that he couldn't really imagine not having in his life.  It was interesting how much his life had changed in just a few short months.  Mostly he was glad that the changes were all good and his life was much better than it had been.  He'd had the chance to help a few people as well as be part of a pack that the thought was the right one for him and he for them.  Unfortunately he still had to wait to find out if he'd made a good choice but it seemed that things had turned out as he had hoped they would.

He nodded when Anthem repeated his question.  He committed the information that his pack mate gave him to memory. The question Anthem asked did come as a bit of a surprise but he could see where the male might get the idea.  "Maybe one day but I think it's much too soon for that. I'm looking for a way to help the pack out the best I can and maybe put some of my skills to good use in a way that could benefit the pack,” He explained.  The thought of moving up the ranks of the pack hadn’t occurred to him since he hadn’t been with them for long he didn’t think that it appropriate when he still had so much to learn about the way they did things.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2015, 05:07 PM by Kajika.)