(See All?) Announcements
407 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo, Vanadis, Hazelnut, Adelard

Wine and Dine — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ash who has 21 posts.
Inactive
Gunnar Dahling
OOC: For the lovely @Gent because GG Bros ignite.

Tramping along the trees, it was a wonder that the pack boundaries were all but rising up to meet him. However, he was skirting around them with the rabbit hanging from his jaws, blood coated on his face and a particularly red looking spot on the corner of his forehead. Whatever wrangling he had done to get the hare, it had obvious been a bit more eventful than one would have hoped, but that was what happened when a smaller eagle also had its eye on a dead animal.

No matter, the wolf was not bothered by his victory. Although perhaps his shoulders were sore; after all, a little tuft of fur had been ripped out of him. It was why he had darted into the thicker forest, anything to be rid of the otherwise threatening woodlands. It was not a surprise, for most, to think they were on a better or worse grant. It was by the time he heard the screech in the air that the Arctic wolf had chosen to go deeper into the woods, only to come across the middle mountain's warning boundaries.

He had heeded, polite as ever on the matter. It was not his place to go prancing in - although he was very interested. What histories did they have, what victories did they claim? If they were going to be a worthy enough spot to defend a mountain, then it could be articulated that there was something about the leaders that meant they were superior. A mountain could oversee the land, a mountain could render any intruder damned by the swift trails. So surely, they were nothing short of superheroes - or, more to the hope of the wolf, villains.

It was always a better story that way.

His ears seemed to swing on his head, and he considered what might have been a benefit. Would he throw the rabbit over the boundary and run away, or perhaps he could play hopping back and forth over it. It was a temptation, but he was simply too respectful. Playing was always a nice way to change things up, but, on the other paw...

Bending into a sudden seated position, he stared at the unwritten boundaries; a particularly marked tree, and frowned. Perhaps he would chuck his rabbit at it. Not really fun making a statement for him walking by without leaving them a present to confuse the bloody mind out of them all, right?
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
As the days passed, the event of his sister's attack upon his borders and his dearest friend marched further into the past without a single sign of the possibility of recurrence. Yet he didn't feel it was any safer to slacken the security he'd strove to stack upon the front lines. After all, Vitani wasn't the only threat out there. While few knew of Round Stone Crest's position, those who did manage to root it out were not to be trusted. Not with Ari, Draven and Kino so mobile and adventurous. Not with Raela still unsure of her own capabilities, or the yearlings so thoroughly untrained on matters of self defense, and surely not with the foreboding of Lugh's sudden and unexplainable disappearance.

Vigilance seemed to fall squarely upon his own and Astraeus' shoulders, and that still wasn't enough. The numbers of his pack needed bolstered, new blood had to be let in, but how could he allow such a thing when it was so easy for strangers to deceive? The overprotective father couldn't imagine allowing a wolf he didn't know from Fenrir even get a whiff of his adopted children, much less sleep next to them at night and be responsible for their safety and health. It all wounded together into a very intricate and specific problem, that he needed to solve nonetheless.

Thus far, he had been able to stave off the many possibilities thanks to the sheer lack of activity around his domain. Today, however, would unfold another way. As the blue black leviathan wove his way through the trees, the breeze picked up and delivered to him a scent that was far too close to his home, that was utterly strange, and that was completely wolf. With a snap of his jaws, he picked up his pace, tail immediately rising to flag his dominance stiffly behind him high in the air. It was only moments between his initial awareness of the other's presence and his approach. Glacial blue eyes shone hard, making it clear that he would not tolerate any foolishness.

Still, he had to admit, the other man already had him puzzled, which also caused him to be all the more suspicious. The other man was just sitting there, staring as though confused on what to do. Gent eyed the morsel at his paws, and thought perhaps he had brought an offering; perhaps he was here to ask for shelter among their ranks. Yet then, why hadn't he called out for anyone?

"The hell're you doing?" he asked bluntly, the only way to really answer all these damned questions swimming in his already busy head.
(This post was last modified: Jul 31, 2015, 05:19 PM by Gent.)
Inactive
Gunnar Dahling

Pleasantries were never never something that would beckon him, it was why there was no missing the tender smile that seemed to come as he started at the ground with a thoughtfulness that could not be well explained. Perhaps he would have to bonk the first visitor he came across with the rabbit, and then he would invite them for a stew. Honestly, who did he think he was? What was the point in this stare - he was not sleeping, although he was noctambulous on the best of days. It was a trouble that he had suffered since he was but a youngster, bouncing with the intent to be eaten alive wandering from a protection of a den.

When the arctic wolf turned his head, why, he was faced with something that could not be denied for even the faintest of moments. It was why there was a wariness in his gaze, and yet he found himself unable to suppress the instincts to rise and meet the head on collision coming in his way. When the dark male made his appearance, he barely moved himself; he merely turned his head, and continued his stare for a few long moments.

The hell am I doing? Voice repeated in a hoarse, deep voice. It was enough to have him snorting with the realization that he found it very amusing, and his eyes seemed to skim with hunger over the trees again before him. Yes, he liked that question. It was a loaded one. Did the wolf knew that the sun disappeared because it kept circling the world? Now those were real questions afoot. But now was not a moment to be wasted, not when the man deserved an answer. Gunnar might have been rather inconsiderate on occasion, but questions were always important.

Sitting here. The answer was crisp on his lips, quiet and to the point. Although he knew there was a need to be blunter than that, it would displease the dark one. It would be unfair for him to put in such high hopes was not about to be eradicated for long.  Admiring. This place yours? It was a shot back, but he found himself almost struggling with the words.

God, what a chatterbox he found.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
There was a certain length of patience within the blue black mammoth today, and from the start he could see that despite this generosity the wolf before him might come swiftly close to crossing a line with him all the same. Yet there was also something intriguing about this oddball who sat so nonchalantly at his gates, something that stirred the yearling within the king who had fallen dormant since laying claim to this pack. It was this unexplainable string plucking alone that earned the other man an extra yard with Gent.

"Yes," he answered concisely before allowing silence to befall them once again. He was looking the other man over, scanning his features for information. They were about the same age it would seem, yet this stranger was smaller than him, which gave Gent all the more confidence and ease. If this encounter did turn sour, it was certain in the leviathan's mind that he could break the man in two before he got so much as a toe into his domain.

Assured to be dominant, Gent then worked a little bit harder to find this stranger's strengths. What use did continuing this interview have for him, versus chasing the lackadaisical observer away? The sovereign couldn't be certain that there was any at all, and still he pursued it.

"What's so admirable?" What exactly were you contemplating doing?
Inactive
Gunnar Dahling
Forever amused with the smallest of graces, the wolf seemed to be struggling to find his thoughts in the right order. It was why he found himself unable to stop the knack for causing trouble for good graces, but his deep gaze swung until he was meeting match for match with the dark wolf. Black and white, a torrent of promises. What was he missing? What was he craving that this wolf could offer, and then the burst of air came out of him a short laugh.

Good. Places like this need a strong leader. It was a notion that was not about to be erased, he knew that this was the law in how things were provided. As he found himself unable to stop his paws moving forward until he was almost bitterly fascinated, and his muzzle dipped until he was looking down at his prize. Not really much of a prize, though. Do you know that a duck cannot walk without bobbing its head? The question was asked, after all, they were trading important information here.

What end was Gunnar on, though? I thought it would be nice to see how long it would take the wind to carry my scent, when there is no wind... then I thought I would fling this at the tree. The admission was swift, opening himself up for criticism. Why, it was an odd idea to be sure, but this time around he offered the blue eyed monster an almost cheeky grin. Gravity is my favorite thing - a bird's too, or else flying would be irrelevant. Knowing eyes seemed to dance, and then he cocked his head.

The rain's acidity levels are changing, I thought it meant I should change too. Announcement came, finalized as he flared his nose and stared ahead. Changed to what though? He was already a beautiful gentleman, he was well put together. There was a few... ah, quirks; but there was no need for him to be expressing those just yet. So many facts, so little time!
(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2015, 06:17 PM by Gunnar.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
shit post but i wanted to get it up because gunnar is awesome hahaha

His response started out normal, mildly flattering which always had a way with the arrogant king, and then it all went downhill. Or perhaps up? Gent wasn't entirely sure what to make of it, what to expect nor how to feel about this other man. On a different day, this might have caused the leviathan to dismiss the wolf before him, snarling at his heels and expelling him from his mountains. Instead, he found the oddity somewhat easing. Confident that he could turn his back without worry of any sort of retaliation he couldn't overcome, his guard slackened enough to let a chuckle escape his throat.

"You're a strange fucker," he commented, before abruptly turning to his left and resuming his journey on the circuit that made up his pack's border. "Come." The command was simple, and he didn't expect to be refused.

"What exactly are you changing from?" For the life of him, Gent couldn't tell. What the hell was this wolf? He wanted to find out, and hoped the man would continue to grace him with his quirky little tidbits. Hopefully, through the mess of twisted trivia, he'd be able to figure a thing or two out.
Inactive
Gunnar Dahling
Tasty morsels of being able to communicate with such a patient man - well, it allowed for the dragonfly buzzing overhead to occupy some of Gunnar's moments of that, and there was no missing what was keeping him absolutely enamored was a gift that the word could give. When he found himself being called strange though, he gave the most dashing smile that could have been imagined to the dark soul in front of him.

It was why he could not be resisting the words, regardless how exhausting it was. Am I strange, stretched beyond the normalcy or are you ill-exposed from your development? The flare of his nostril was still accompanied with the pleasure of the thought, and his tail lashing behind him with the command. Effortlessly, exactly 3.5 steps after ten feet or so with walking could Gunnar fall in behind him, delighted to take this ravishing conversation to a stroll.

I find some if the issues with the societal expectations on young wolves with an inadequate familial environment to greatly condense the likelihood of success in expanding exposure consequences of different individuals. Words were coming out of his mouth like he had been asked a question in relative to the topic, not being able to just accept the comment. It was why he could himself unable to be the one who was poised with the intent to be able to be heard. As he found his head looking around,he knew there was no risk about walking the borders with the other, a leader who was absolutely precious already.

Pausing, he dipped his head, Well, change of personality would be a pittance - I'm so adorable - but the fundamental reaction of the environment would not be in place. Thoughtful voice murmured, but he managed to shake himself briskly; The cause and effect of being one of intelligence often comes with a blood price, but that's my solo experiences, Explanation was quiet, but he found himself unable to give an inadequate explanation. Much like arguing the fact he was strange, he continued to attempt to reinforce it - he had met stranger, he had been condemned by stranger. I've decided that the arrives from taking wolves and slicing them until they're open like a fresh killed deer to experiment upon them is no longer the confinements of my desire. I was an apprentice, you see, to a wannabe martyr cannibal who believed that the Gods needed sacrifice.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
There was a high level of attentiveness required when listening to this beige colored man's words, yet even when his voice rushed the sentences on Gent found that he was able to grasp what was being said so long as he was diligence. He was finding the whole practice rather enjoyable, having always attempted to pursue matters which would exercise his brain more than his muscles. As things were, he more listened than spoke, allowing this man his ramblings while he enjoyed the simple refreshment of something novel.

"Then your demographic must exist somewhere, yes?" he interjected, wanting to further ask if the man still thought himself natural when comparing himself to the experiences of his own upbringing. Perhaps it had been his childhood that molded him into something so peculiar, but Gent would rather think he was more likely just wired in a very different way. However, the ice pelted man had plenty more to say, and the king would not let his inquiries spoil the trajectory of this conversation.

As the words 'I'm so adorable' entered the air, the man speaking them very much serious, Gent let out a deep, genuine laugh; a first for the king in quite some time. Yet this mirth was short lived as the Dahling wolf as spoke of a 'blood price' and from there, the encounter swiftly spiraled downward. The blue black beast halted abruptly, waiting for the last of Gunnar's utterances to dissipate from the air before turning to face him. For a moment, he leveled him with nothing but scrutiny. With his strange pattern of diction, this confession could have meant several very different things, and Gent nearly attempted to decipher between them. Ultimately, however, he decided that it very much did not matter, for the risk of it all was too great.

Those arctic eyes hardened like immovable glaciers, while a test-me smile wormed its way onto his black lips.

"I'd greatly support such change, but I hope you understand that given what you've just told me, I have to lay down a rule between you and me. If you step paw into my domain, toward my children, I will tear your tongue out through your throat. Understood?"

His eyes then searched Gunnar's, truly seeking to know if he did indeed comprehend the gravity of what Gent had just decreed. Perhaps he should have chased the boy off anyways, but something in the king wanted to learn more about this odd little man.
Inactive
Gunnar Dahling
Gunnar was very much a man who knew that there was a reason to be careful when admitting the inner most workings of any wolf. It was information that was often a price paid both too high and too low, and thus he found himself questioning on why it was this way he chose to approach the situation. Speaking with Gent was an opportunity that had him feeling most... deserving, and yet there was something sharp in his gaze as he found himself almost impulsive with the other male. There was a reason to be reckless, but he had to be careful as well.

Head tipped, and the laughter that barked out was something of much pleasure. It was why Gunnar's muscles actually loosened, and he felt more at ease than he should have with such a situation coming to sit upon his shoulders. Like a dangerous rifle aimed at his head, unaware Gunnar was of some of the consequences that could befall him. His shoulders rolled, and he found himself ready to engage in the next verbal spar with excitement, eyes glowing.

But then Gent's good humor stopped, it was like an icy brick wall that thankfully he did not crash into the way he would have imagined. Gaze did not change, but he watched as the male grew tense, protective. Surprisingly, the laconic reply did not become a failure on Gunnar's part, "I understand, dark lord." But then there was an ease of a grin, a generous one back on his features. As if the threat had not done anything to send him running, although perhaps it should have.

Tail lashed softly, and he found himself unable to stop the grin. "Ravens, as you know, are some of the most intelligent creatures on the planet... I think you fashion after one, but I'm not so sure; but familial protection is a requirement. I request not to intrude on your grounds, my lord, but I am in the market for allies and being useful..." Words came so easily off his tongue, with such intent that it would have thought that for a moment... Gunnar was almost normal. But then he tacked on wisely, "But a fish out of water drowns without some sort of cushioning, thus the raven may have a free meal if one is searching."

(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2015, 06:02 PM by Gunnar.)