(See All?) Announcements
492 Users Online
Google, Bing, Towser, Adelard, Oleander

Never Letting Go — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Adalae who has 75 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Getting lost, for some reason, never really seemed to happen to Adonia. She always knew where she was going, and figured that it was just a matter of getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible. As long as you knew exactly what the destination was, you would be fine. Unfortunately for the she wolf, this time she was just exploring. While doing this, she happened upon something that both amazed and confused her.

As she reached the crest of a hill, she noticed that she was happening upon a huge cliff that steeply dropped down. Beyond this large outcropping was a beautifully shining lake that glimmered in the sunlight of the day. Immediately captivated by the sight, the she wolf simply stopped and sat down right where she was. I wonder what this lake is called, Adonia wondered to herself in amazement. Perhaps she had discovered something new in the territory all by herself?

As Adonia was watching different animals take a drink from the lake, she decided to go down to the shore and investigate on her own. When she reached the cliff, the female realized that it wouldn't be as easy as it seemed. There were barely any other outcroppings to get down to the water, and it would be easy to simply fall off the edge and break your neck. Adonia decided to go back and get another pack member and show the lake to them, or wait for another day to return. As she turned around, the she wolf realized with horror that she had no idea where she was or how to get back to her packland! It was as if the lake wanted to keep her and never let her go...

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2011, 10:18 PM by Adonia.)
Played by Leah who has 23 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
Kenai was relentlessly stuck between returning to his kin and the simple easy life he had been living lately. Well, all was not easy - meals were few and far between and even on his luckiest of days he may have the delight of some berries, edible fungus and other foods that were mostly made for the prey of the forest. Hardly ever did he manage to scavenge leftovers of a kill nor could he successfully hunt for himself more often had he went hungry. As of now, his stomach sucked itself together - all the while grumbling angrily at the wolf feeding a desire to hunt, kill and eat.

As the need for socializing was becoming stronger and his urge to be with his family once again, Kenai decided to wait just a few more days to make sure his decision would be the best one. So many worries ran through his mind he couldn't stop thinking about them. And in the meantime he would spend scavenging for nourishment, today he thought he would have a go at some fishing. His keen nose sniffing out a suitable lake but he soon realized it would a difficult task getting to it. As his mind reeled through possible routes and paths he noticed at the very corner of his eye a figure, the similar shape he was so used to and yet so unaccustomed to all at once.

Jumping slightly his tail flung out between his legs rising just slighty at the chance to flee but he soon gained his confidence back, his first encounter with a wolf just a few days back had boosted his social self once again and he found it easy to relax a bit, but he still watched her carefully. <b>"Hey there."</b> He announced quickly, his tail eased into a slow wave.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia thought about her situation, and felt panic setting in. What if she never made it home? What if she was stuck wandering the forests forever? What if everyone forgot about her and didn't bother to look for her? All of these questions and more whirled through her mind. She had never gotten lost before, so what was she to do? Maybe it would be best for me to just stay here for now... And see if anyone comes by.. Now that she had made a decision, her nerves had calmed down a little. There she sat, on top of a cliff, among the short green grasses. Suddenly her ears flicked and she felt a presence nearby.

At the same time, she heard some soft words coming from her left.Turning quickly, she bared her teeth at the surprise "attack". She caught sight of the wolf, and then relaxed. The wolf did not seem to be a threat, however she was still distrustful of it. For now, the she wolf let her guard down. Maybe her prayers were answered and someone really had come looking for her? "Hello," Adonia responded. Quickly she asked, "So what brings you all the way out here?

(This post was last modified: May 07, 2011, 04:28 PM by Adonia.)
Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
His large head pulled back, lips tightened as they too pulled into a thin strip and he took a few nervous steps back as the she wolf bared her teeth toward him. Suddenly she seemed to settle and get a bit more comfortable although the tension was thick between them she clearly did not trust him. Staying his safe distance his cup of confidence spilled a bit and he let his tail wag showing he meant her no harm. Finally she had greeted him and his head cocked a bit - taking in her question. <b>"I..uh."</b> What was he doing here?! Golden eyes blinked with bewilderment and a sparkle of light hit him in the eye from the lake. <b>"..I was-AM. I am hungry so I am going to check out the lake..and try to catch some fish..."</b> Or snails, or birds. Whatever actually, he was quite starved by now and his unusually skinny form revealed this to be true.

His mind drifted at the thought of food and he forgot about the encounter with the female and padded over to the edge, rocks and dirt fell from the edge of the overlook. <b>"If I can even get down there."</b> He sighed, it wasn't looking hopeful at all. <b>"What are you doing here?"</b> He asked curiously, shifting a glance over his shoulder. Kenai had made sure there were no territories here so clearly she was not in a comfort zone of her pack.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
The female wolf nodded absentmindedly, once again letting her gaze slip towards the drop off of the cliff. As she heard his answer, she could feel, with a slight speck of embarrassment, her belly rumble in hunger. Adonia could easily hunt in the surrounding area without the wolf beside her, but perhaps it was time for her to make a new friend outside of the pack? "Yeah, I'm a tad hungry, too." the she wolf admitted and, before she could stop herself, added on, "Perhaps we could find our way down together and fish. It's sure better than being alone! I was trying to find my way down earlier, but there didn't seem to be a good path to follow without hurting yourself somehow on the way down!" A good-natured chuckle emerged from her jaws as she thought back to moments ago. As the male wolf near her asked what she was doing, Adonia quickly replied, "Oh, you know... Just exploring..." Then she sighed and released the whole truth, hoping the other wolf would not laugh at her. "Oh, all right, I got lost. For the first time ever, though! Besides that, what's your name? I'm Adonia, from Midnight Plateau." For the first time in the conversation, the female wolf's thoughts changed direction and wondered more about this strange wolf in front of her instead of her surroundings. Multiple questions bursted into her mind, and she basically had to bite down on her tongue to prevent herself from shouting them out all at once! Of course, as many knew, once Adonia started talking and asking questions, it was hard for her to stop herself!

Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
The mention of possibly hurting herself on the way down set him into unease. His tail stopped wagging hanging limp between his legs as he stole a second to peer over the edge of the rocky outcrop. She was hungry as well and that only made him more determined to eat - hunting with a fellow wolf for a change intrigued his excitement and desire to socialize. <b>"At least in exploring we learn something..."</b> He sighed, removing himself with a few paces back from the ledge. <b>"Not to come up here again."</b> There didn't seem to be any hope now and her own worry only fueled his removing his once brave ounce of courage to actually get to the lake. Now he wanted nothing to do with it and could see danger all around.

Tail wagged in a friendly notion once again as he felt more comfortable away from the edge and the dizziness of the height view. <b>"I'm Kenai - it is a pleasure to meet you. Glad I came along! Well you know, you being lost and all. Maybe we can help each other?"</b> He offered, hoping she wasn't just ready to leave and get back to her pack, Midnight Plateau. And he wasn't exactly eager to go near another pack right away but his desire to help would probably overcome his minor fear.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia grinned at the other wolf as she noted how scared he seemed of heights. "No adventure in you, eh?" she asked him, chuckling. "Well, I'm not about to give up just now! I'll find a way down, just you wait. You can come with me, if you want." The she-wolf really did hope that the male would agree- because if he didn't, then this conversation would end abruptly. She didn't even know his name yet!
As the wolf in front of her continued on, Adonia listened intently. He wanted some help? She figured it was just finding food, for he seemed as hungry as she was. The she-wolf could tell that he had no particular scent around him, so he was therefore a lone wolf. "I'm glad you came along too!" She responded happily in reply. "And sure, maybe we could help each other. It would be nice to hang out with another wolf for a bit." Adonia thought of the pros of working with this wolf: it would be easier to catch food, there would be someone to socialize with... well, that was definitely enough for her! She couldn't think of any cons either, so that made the partnership even better. Her mind drifted off and thought about the wondrous things they'd be able to catch, and Adonia even began to slaver! Embarrassed, she turned away from the other wolf to look at the landscape in front of her once more.

(This post was last modified: May 22, 2011, 01:45 PM by Adonia.)
Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
Adonia seemed to have more of an adventurous spirit than himself. He looked wearily beyond as she was eager to continue her expedition to the lake, where he had been so easily able to give up. <b>"Alright I'll come along then."</b> He offered. It took two in any type of relationship, and even in relationship building. Here was an opportunity that he didn't so often get, to make a new friend. Of course he couldn't let her do all the work even if it meant doing something he rather not. It felt dangerous and he was growing nervous on the rocky ledges now that he had spent all this time up here. His previous mood was mostly built up by petty self talk ups on the way here. But now that he had made it this far he realized that it may have been a little more than he could handle.

And then he had come across Adonia, and it looked slightly hopeful once again. At least he would have company and possibly something to eat. He nodded and went forward, a little bit away from the ledges and more toward a downward slope. It would have seemed they where on a high point and he was more than ready to get a little bit lower. He eyed her from the very corners of his golden eyes and was able to catch the slight embarrassed drawback - and so he looked forward quickly once again pretending he hadn't seen it. His paws webbed out as he was sure to stretch is toes and grasp the rocky beds beneath them, his legs wobbled a bit here and there but for the most part he kept his balance on the uneven terrain pretty well. Swallowing hard, he slowed his pace - praying that it would be easier going up than coming down. He surely did not want to get stuck anywhere. <b>"S-so this is fun!"</b> He told in half truth, being with company was great fun but the adventure wasn't exactly the best thing in the world to him. His stomach growled again and he snickered as it echoed through the air. <b>"Im starvin! I can't wait to eat something.."</b> It kept his mind off the current trail and he glanced sheepishly at Adonia.
Inactive No Rank
Adonia Valde
Adonia delightedly responded to Kenai's offer. "Awesome, I'd love someone else to come along with me! It's easier with two, y'know!" The female turned around to see the male wolf sitting and watching the lake as she had been moments ago. In his eyes, the she-wolf could see uncertainty, nervousness, and even a tad of excitement! Normally Adonia wasn't as adventurous as she was being today, but meeting this wolf filled her with a new sense of enthusiasm. She watched silently as the wolf made toward the edge, bracing himself for climbing down to the lake shore. If he needed help, Adonia would be right there to assist him. She wasn't about to let a kind stranger hurt himself in her name! "If you'd like me to go first, I'd be happy to. Just putting that out there!" The female hoped he wouldn't take offense and think she was considering him weaker than herself, in reality Adonia just wanted to protect everyone.

The she-wolf wandered over to the edge as well, and looked around the cliff edge, calculating where she could put her feet once she would try to make the descent. So far, she saw nothing. Except.. There was a tiny ledge, small enough for her to stand on. It looked like a flimsy resting place, though, but aside from that there was nothing worth noting. The trail that Kenai was going on looked simple enough, so she would probably just follow him once he had reached the bottom of the cliff. "So..." the female said, trying to make chit-chat. "You planning on joinin' a pack anytime soon or what? Did you just come to the forest?"

Inactive No Rank
Kenai Tainn
Smiling sheepishly to himself he nodded shyly as she spoke. She was so confident and full of excitement, Kenai had already grown attracted to her brave and outgoing demeanor. Not that it meant anything serious. He wasn't shy to admit defeat and summing up the end of her offer with a sharp ongoing nod he backed out of the way for her to lead. <b>"Alright, i'll watch you first and get an idea on footing."</b> She seemed much more experienced than he.

His gold eyes examined her steps carefully as she went over to the ledge to examine the climb down. Bringing up casual conversation the while. He felt a little uncomfortable and only shifted his weight in response. Which could just have been anxiety of the height from her point of view. He went on, to answer. <b>"Well, I - am looking for my family. I think once I find them I will settle into pack life."</b> She could pretty much fill in the blanks, or maybe he had been too vague. Still, he felt more concerned about concentrating on the path in which they were about to take to the water below.

As the silence passed in briefness he quickly decided he liked talking as it preoccupied the part of his mind that was now filling with worry, <b>"I'm not exactly and expert fisher, but I do pride myself in my crafty ways of catching small game. What about you? Have you fished much?"</b> It wasn't exactly and easy task and he had learned that most wolves really didn't do it that often.