(See All?) Announcements
702 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chan

I have wandered all this way... — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Caroline who has 105 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Calanthe Quickfoot
Calanthe's mind raced. What this other wolf said wasn't wrong at all; how many night had she sat awake, fending off sleep for as long as she could after crossing a fresh coyote track? How many days had she spent moving only to hunt and hiding herself away at all other times because she had heard (or imagined she heard) a bear nearby? How long had she looked back over her shoulder to make sure nothing and no one unfriendly was following her?

And... it was lonely, out here on her own. It ached admitting it - she had grown too good at ignoring the part of herself that longed for company, for somebody she could talk to and who would answer her back. She hadn't been raised for a life of solitude, and frankly it hadn't turned out to be a very good fit for her--

Her ears pricked again. There - that sounded more like a genuine offer. And all that would be asked of her in return was her loyalty and dedication to this new pack. That wasn't at all anything impossible; she had been raised knowing the pack was first. It couldn't survive unless all of its members worked together to keep it strong and safe.

"That's nothing I couldn't handle, sir," she finally said. "I don't know what use I will be right away, but if I'm allowed to join you... honestly, I'd owe the pack my life. I will do whatever I can to repay that debt."
[Image: jWoC23.png]
[Image: ROWtwloha2015-rsc.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
He had honestly expected her to consider her bashful hesitancy, to still be unsure and maybe reluctant in accepting his offer. However, she delivered unto him a pleasing surprise when finally, with a healthy dose of confidence, she gave confirmation. A wave of happiness worked its way over his body, a sigh of relief escaping him for the first time in a very long time. Perhaps, finally, things were looking up. They had so desperately needed new blood, and here this girl was exactly what he was looking for. Even more pleasing, he found he had not a single doubt about her residing within his head. Perhaps one day she would leave them for one reason or another, but he felt he could let her near the children without a sick sense of mistrust about her intentions.

"Perfect," he answered, showing a smile for the first time during their encounter. With a nod of his head, he turned swiftly on his heels, beckoning her to follow him. "Come, I'll take you home."

And thus they traveled, Gent leading the way, an abundance of words trailing out of his maw and flowing back into the girl's ears. They exchanged names before he began to explain to her the intricacies of the pack she had committed herself to. He told of Minka and her children, how vital the three cubs' care was to the pack and that he saw them as his own. Raela, Cessair and Astraeus were all presented with their intended roles of advisor, scout and guardian respectively, and the two young men were named and described as well. Introductory skimmings, to acclimate her before the plunge.