(See All?) Announcements
612 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

A new day Dawning — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Date: I'm willing to set this for whatever time works for you. :)
Time of day: Early Morning
Challenge for @Aideen
Other tags: @Inali @Nina @Daniel

From the moment she woke up she knew today was the day. Now, she had nothing against the kind healer who called herself Aideen, but it was her rank. That was simply something the young mother wanted, scratch that, needed. As far as Danica was concerned if she gained the title Second her son would be safer. His future brighter. Chances, maybe even higher.  For sure better opportunities. Everything she did she did for the little bundle that had nursed at her side for so long. He was her pride and joy, but more importantly her last strand of hope.

Silvery paws rapidly stepped through the thickets, careful to avoid the prickly thorns beneath them. Beryl orbs stared forward with determination, tail flagging high above her back. A low howl emitted from a silver sided muzzle, requesting the wolf above herself presence. She didn't provide her reason for calling, wishing to explain that she had no hard feeling for Aideen. She was simply thinking of her little blossom, desiring to improve his life any way she could. In fact the mother had awaken the boy and insisted he followed to learn- and study mistakes made by both opponents. It seemed like a suitable lesson for the day.

Fighting her submissive instincts Danica set herself up to look like her mother, head raising up. Velvet ears stood like proud towers upon her cranium, eyes narrowed into slits. The young woman's posture was regal, chest puffed, and legs "squared". Ever so slightly she tucked her chin without a thought, the action coming naturally to her. Now standing like the dominate female between the two (protecting her neck and orbs as well) she awaited the opponent who'd either serve her on a plater or fall beneath the ex princess of secret woodlands....

(This post was last modified: Aug 02, 2015, 12:00 AM by Danica. Edit Reason: Tags aren't working... )
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
I'm fine with leaving the date as it is ^^ Also, Aideen won't get physical unless Danica attacks first, so if you wanna keep this to posturing, we can.

The unexpected call drew the vixen medic from her current project - reorganizing her infirmary, yet again - rust colored head rising and ears pricking curiously. There was urgency in the young voice, but no distress, so the healer assumed she was not being summoned for her medical skills; But what then? Leaving her half organized herbs, she quickly turned to heed the familiar voice, rushing through the thicket with her usual urgency. As she walked, she could feel a knot tightening in her stomach, a strange, ominous tension seeming to hang in the air. It made her hackles stand on end. Her and Danica had managed to build some rapport over the past weeks, but the young mother was generally reclusive, very protective of her son and timid when it came to interacting with the pack. For her to directly call out was uncharacteristic, and it made Aideen nervous.

Sure enough, when she reached the location of the pale girl's call, it was obvious that something was amiss. Danica stood front and center in a relatively clear part of the thicket, her posture completely opposite of the usually demure female. The superior wolf's reaction was instinctual, tail and ears lifting high in response to the clear challenge in the other's stance. Still, her warm copper eyes were kind and confused rather than aggressive, and she tilted her head slightly after coming to a halt in front of the younger, yet larger woman. "Danica?" She asked tentatively, voice full of alarm, she was sensing where this was heading.

Word count: 258

"Speech" Thoughts

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2015, 01:22 PM by Aideen.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(I wouldn't mind the first few posts being posturing, but I see Danica eventually making a move.
Would love if @Daniel was present to watch)

Danica swallowed, this wasn't going to be easy and she new that the moment the soft voice of Aideen filled her ears. "Hello Aideen, " She greeted warmly despite the obvious tension, "I'm here to challenge you, but I wanted to make sure you understood that I have nothing aginst you first. I just feel like it would better Daniel if I was ranked higher, and help me become more active in the pack like I promised my mother I would be. If I am to fail, I hope our relationship can get past this...bump, if I am to win, I also hope there are no bitter feelings." The young woman explained herself calmly, in a fashion that seemed reasonable to herself. She exhaled clearly nervous as she fought back the temptation to submit and 'behave' herself.

With a loud grunt Danica signaled she was ready, lifting herself as high above Aideen as possible. Despite the knots forming in her belly she moved without hesitation to get all up in the other female's business. Carefully the mom guarded her neck and ears, emerald orbs slanted for protection as well. Her tail waved high above a pale back as she issued a sharp, gruff, bark. She meant business, but she had also little experience with what she was doing right now. Hopefully things would play to her favor, and not the creamy, shorter, woman standing regally before Dani. This was for Daniel, and if it meant blood, than so be it. She would break herself for the little dark furred child she oh so proudly claimed as her own. He was her pride and joy, greatest possession, and entire world. Her heart was held between two tiny paws that she would shield with her last breath.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Things had been quite peaceful within Secret Woodlands. Everyone seemed content to do as they must but as usual, someone always found a way to mess with the order of things. It began when her daughter, who Nina felt was quite unstable, called for Aideen. Lately, the alpha’s daughter had been quite reclusive so this sudden want for the presence of their healer intrigued the golden lady. Deciding that she did not have any tasks that needed to be done right then, the alpha made her way towards where the creamy girl had called. The Hervok moved easily through the dense thickets, completely familiar with it having ruled over the land for years now. It did not take her long to get to the scene, but it seemed that her Second had already beat her too it. The matriarch watched through narrow eyes, her lips pursed as she watched the dance of dominance.

Irritation rushed through her as she looked upon the scene, her blood boiling in frustration. Danica wanted to challenge Aideen? With a child and having done nothing for the pack, Nina felt it was in Danica’s best interests to stay where she was. Every decision that her daughter made ended up being a horrible one and it affected herself and the pack in negative ways. The golden brown dam could not have been more disappointed. With a regal air to her presence, Nina stepped forward, a scowl on her lips as she looked towards her daughter, making it clear how displeased she was with this decision. Whatever the outcome of this challenge, though the Hervok deeply hoped it worked out in his Second’s favor, Danica would be sure to hear hell from her mother later. Once again her daughter was making a bad decision and as she stood there tall and tensely off to the sidelines, she kept her stony glare on her daughter’s creamy flank.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

The dark man was an early riser, and most times, would be out of the den by the time his mate had awoken. There was routine to his days, and the man cherished it. Miccah liked structure and order, and he was content in his duty at the borders as he forged through the thickets, always marking old paths and creating new ones during his border patrols. What he didn't like, was being pulled away from his work for things that were trivial. His attentive ears had heard Danica's call to his mate and fellow second. His brows furrowed in concentration. It was not a call of distress, but there was something in the tone of it that pestered at his conscience. His dark tail flicked in mild irritation. Usually, he stayed out of his pack mates affairs. But Danica had been reclusive as of late. He never saw her amongst other pack mates. Miccah was not a social wolf either, but his gut told him it was something more than that. The guardian did not usually, if ever, leavs his post, but this seemed important. He was not the only wolf that managed their borders, but he still felt a little guilty as he diverted from his patrol.

He weaved easily through the thickets, his paw steps silent and light as he maneuvered his large frame through the dense growth of his home. Miccah had long since mastered the art of his silent steps, and he made it to where Danica had called seconds after Nina. Leaving the shadows of the thickets, silently sliding up to her side, his frame towering over her, his bright blue gaze narrowed as he saw the scene before him. It didn't take a genius to see what was going on. This wasn't a social call. This was a challenge. His countenance betrayed nothing, but his gaze darkened as his anger rose. His gaze flicked between the two women, and his form tensed slightly as he saw Danica posture. Aideen was not a woman of violence. Danica had done nothing for this pack, had kept herself away from it. Her and her child. And now she was seeking the position of Second, where responsibility was at its highest, for you were under the the king and queen of the pack? She wanted a better life for her child, and wanted to have a duty to the pack. Danica did not seem like the wolf that would give their all for the pack, and that was what the position of Second entailed. It was all about character. How could her character change because of a rise in hiearchy? She was not ready, and it was an insult to their alphas, Aideen, and him that she thought she was.

”Speech”
Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Becca who has 7 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Daniel Black Thorben
Here's the lil tyke confused as ever...lemme know if anything should be changed

He certainly had become a lot more hidden. Hiding deep away with his lovely mother when he could. Sometimes he'd steal a glance at Lyanna and Nina if he was away from his mother or they were close enough. The young Thorben was also finding himself more or less watching everything around him change. He grew with each passing day and so did his understanding of the world. Danica would teach him lessons he really didn't want to know but he listened anyways. Maybe it was time to see what else was growing in his small world.

When his mother left the den he waited for a moment. Thinking she'd return with a toy or some other gift. But when all he heard was her call asking for the woman above her. Scared something bad was to happen the dark shadow slipped from his safety. Heading off towards the scene. When he arrived there wasn't just one woman above his mother present. There was two. Grandma Nina was the safest bet for the boy to be around, as his mother didn't seem overly friendly at the moment.

Slinking around the scene Daniel made his way to Nina. Nudging her leg with his nose he whispered softly. "Grandma...what's mom doing? Doesn't she like Aideen?" He kept himself low and close to the ground by his grandmother and alpha. Not understand what was unfolding, or about to unfold, before his bright eyes. Maybe they were just going to have a discussion?
[Image: sw_by_euphoriclies-d8zep8c.png]
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Fine with me ^^ You can post a fight request when you're ready (I assume we'll be using rolls?)

The word hit her like a slap across the muzzle; Challenge?! She couldn't believe it, Danica had come to claim her rank; But I... We... An icy wave washed through her, hackles prickling in a panicked manner; No! This wasn't right, why was this happening? The young mother tried to explain herself, and Aideen's ears flicked, brows furrowing as she listened. She still didn't understand; How can this, POSSIBLY help?! But it seemed Danica was set on her business, and a shiver ran down the second's spine as she realized what that meant; Challenge!

Danica was readying herself, and Aideen fought to suppress her panic, taking a deep breath to try and calm her nerves. The last thing she wanted was to fight the young mother, however, it would seem she had to. Soft footfalls in the underbrush drew her attention away from the challenger, head turning as a regal figure appeared out of the thicket. Aideen stiffened as Nina came to a halt at the edge of the clearing, emerald eyes as steel when she looked from one female to the other; I didn't ask for this! The healer thought, in a moment of panic, but then she saw how the queen's glare landed on her daughter, it seemed Nina was as outraged by this as Aideen herself. A rustle from the other end of the clearing made the vixen woman's head snap back, eyes widening as she saw a small, black form appear between the trees; Oh no! Daniel slinked along the brim of the clearing, to stand by his grandmother's side, leaning against her leg with a scared expression on his little face. How could she battle Danica in front of her son, how could she do anything to her at all?!

The situation only seemed to grow increasingly dire as time went on. The younger, paler female began her approach, dancing on stiff legs, tail held high. "Danica, don't do this!" Aideen pleaded, voice so soft it was almost a whisper, copper eyes full of pain; "There's no need for this, you don't need my rank..!" But it seemed pointless, the younger girl had made up her mind. A flash of black fur appeared in the corner of Aideen's eye, and she turned her head to see a familiar, dark form stand besides Nina. Her heart caught in her throat, a rush of relief washing over her; Miccah! Her dark knight had come! Deep blue eyes stared at the two females, dark and brooding, like the queen by his side, he was not happy. Aideen met her mate's eyes, swallowing hard, love glowing brightly in her warm, copper gaze. Simply looking at him gave her strength, steel spreading through her, hardening her eyes. She looked back over at Nina, nodding once, solemnly, remembering their conversation just a few days earlier; Alright then!

She turned back to face Danica, ears pointing forwards, shoulders raised and tail arched over her back; "I can't let you do this Danica. I have to think of the best for the pack." She spoke steadily now, voice strong and confident, but there was still sadness in her gaze as she sized up her challenger; I'm sorry! For everything the girl had been through, and for the state of her mind that, though it was healing, was simply not strong enough to take up the responsibility of second rank. Aideen mimicked the approaching shewolf, tucking her neck and strutting her legs, though she was smaller and more delicately build than the challenger, this wasn't her first scuffle. A low growl left her throat in response to the other's demanding bark, dark lips curling back to reveal sharp, gleaming ivories. With copper eyes focused on her opponent, she stepped forwards, closing the distance between them even more, so there was hardly room to breathe.

Word count: 640

"Speech" Thoughts

(This post was last modified: Aug 09, 2015, 01:19 PM by Aideen.)
Inactive No Rank
Danica
(Wow, I'm rooting for @Aideen XD Lmbo, if Dani wins I won't know what to do...but if she looses it gives me an excuse for her to leave SW after her challenge with @Inali [predetermined, if you don't mind, in Inali's favor?]. Also let me know if she wouldn't know the relationship Nina has with @Mirren. Almost forgot! Yes, we'll be using rolls, I'll probably request after Dani's next post in this thread.)

The pale ex princess watched Aideen's facial expressions, studying her reaction to the challenge. Furrowed brows, and those eyes, Dani felt her belly knot up nervously. Letting out a short breath in attempt to calm down some she told herself she could do this, and that it wasn't necessary to be as worked up as she was becoming. The girl stirred a little, light on her paws, as she bounced back and forth momentarily, flaring black nostrils as she did so. If Aideen hadn't previously noticed how bad off it was, her movement displayed her lame leg, flawing the girl's fighting tactics with inexperience. Though Danica could walk just fine the young woman couldn't hunt, and there was a limp everywhere she went...her weakness.

Nina arrived, and anger surged through Danica's veins like a wildfire, she was doing this for Daniel and to be more active in the pack! She promised her mum she would be! A snort was issued forth, feeling the intensity of her gaze, but she didn't offer her emerald glance in return. The hairs along the girl's spine prickled as Zonta came from thin air to gently slide up against the mentally ill mother's side, causing her to tingle. "Why do you care? Your mother is always disappointed with whatever you do, she loves her boys more." Danica wanted to nod, or say something back in agreement, but refused to reveal her imaginary "friend's" existence. So instead she decided to attend to the mental burning sensation burrowing into her head, "My queen, no need to glare, I'm quite used to your disappointment of me. I understand that I am not Tacoma, Ashton, Pacem, Unitas, Silentium, nor Bane or Mirren. " Her eyes were squeezed shut as she spoke, her face stoic as she practiced hiding her real emotions, then reopened with a rage in those once innocent orbs. Danica turned her hurt into rage easily enough. She was tired of being hidden within her brother's shadows, to never have her mother's favor. To be so unloved by both of her parents. Would Nina disown her the way @Koda did? Why did he have to shred her heart further more? The girl shook from the strong mix of emotions as she realized her father had hurt her that day. "Shhh, my dear, shhh. I love you, unlike them, and Koda will pay for what he has done to you." Oddly enough this calmed her as she stared into the light coppers of her opponent.

Danica felt uneasy when Daniel stepped into the clearing, originally this had been her plan, for him to see and learn from an official challenge, but now? No, this was no place for her Little Blossom, this challenge was more than just a challenge. She could tell now that this was going to be a fierce battle and too much for her boy to witness. Tensely she uttered, "Daniel, you might want to go back to the den baby." A gentle coo, despite her never destroying her lock on a reddish furry neck, for the other woman was most defiantly watching the child's quiet entrance in distraction. However, a single ear moved at his little voice, heart melting into putty.

The plead that met her cream towers had little affect on her, but the pain in the Smoke woman expressed gained enough attention for Dani to falter momentarily. She looked away as not to see the hurt harboring within, "I'm sorry, but I refuse to go back now." Small shame fell through her words, prompting a reassuring nudge from Zonta. There was no going back, she could do this, and show her mother she wasn't a waste! When another came along curiosity caused her to turn her pointed muzzle, and distaste filled her mouth with a fowl flavor, "I remember you, don't teach my son his first cuss word as you did me." The threat was clear, she didn't ever want to hear him ask, "Momma, what does fuck mean? Miccah said that to me the other day." It wasn't long before Danica matched Aideen again.

A snarling roar left her hasty mouth at the words "best for the pack" and Dani's hackles rose once more in fury. Everyone seemed to doubt her capabilities and see her as scum! She would show them that she was more than that! No one would put her below them anymore, she was tired of this shit! Danica fought the urge to tear the woman open right then and there, and growled out her frustration instead in a loud venomous pur. Angery now she too drew closer, and she attempted to press her head into the other wolf's head, applying force if she hadn't stepped back. Dani also flashed canines aggressively, nipping at the air around the muzzle before her.

(This post was last modified: Aug 10, 2015, 06:42 AM by Danica.)
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

This was all kinds of wrong. The pale girls attention wavered, though it never shifted fully from her opponent, emerald eyes drifting to their audience. She spat spiteful words at her mother, making it even more clear that there were deeper reasons for all of this than what she had let on.  Anger flared within the rusty medic, the steel in her eyes glowing red-hot as they met Danica's deep greens. She had to remind herself that the young mother wasn't well, her mind clouded by the insanity that, though it seemed to have bettered, was still keeping a hold in its depths. Still, she wanted to yell at Danica, demand she stop this madness and show some respect; This isn't right! It won't end well..! A rank challenge was not the way to achieve the recognition that the younger woman sought. However she seemed to have made up her mind.

Without looking away from the healer, Danica spoke to her son, and Aideen could only agree with her words. She glanced over at the dark boy, pressed close to Nina, watching his mother with wide eyes; This is nothing for him to see! The second was still hoping to resolve the situation without violence, but Danica was unraveling before her very eyes, and Daniel needed to be sheltered from that. Looking up to meet her queen's single eye, she trusted that the matriarch would know what to do, then she turned back to her challenger. She heard the small touch of doubt in Danica's voice, and hope flashed within her, but then the pale girl's eyes fell on Miccah, and fresh distaste was evident in her stance, and the comment she offered the dark knight. Fresh anger burned brightly within Aideen, a snarl escaping her; How DARE she! Danica might be ill, she might be hurt and angry, and eager to prove herself, but these childish games had gone on long enough.

"Enough!" The petite second roared, astonishing volume in her commanding voice; "This will not stand Danica, you will not take my rank for childish reasons, I won't let you!" Then she once again bared her teeth in a vicious snarl; If the younger wolf would not back down without a fight, then a fight she would get! As Danica moved forwards, Aideen drew back, lowering herself out of reach of the other's snapping teeth. She shrank to the ground, ears lying flat as she growled up at her challenger, eyes glowing with anger. She would not let anyone destroy the Woodlands, no matter their reasons.

Word count: 428

"Speech" Thoughts