(See All?) Announcements
414 Users Online
Bing, Google

Still Some Hope Left — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

Raela was pleased with the stranger's renewed energy. It seemed the tension had melted between them as the large female began to wag and ask for her name. The loner chose to politely reveal her own alias first, bringing another polite smile to Raela's face. She was beginning to enjoy this woman's demeanor; the one that was obviously hidden behind a cautious exterior. She could understand it. Briefly she wondered if the golden boy Datura hid a friendly nature like this. Before she could respond adequately, another stream of speech met her orange ears. Why, all of this was very promising. She may have just found the newest member of Round Stone Crest! 

“I'm Raela,” she grinned. Unfortunately poor hunting skills did pose a bit of a problem; one that might just be solved with another inquiry. Cautiously, she pried. “The gift can be excused if you have a talent you can stake your membership on. You seem like a hard worker...” Her eyes trailed off over the woman's tough-looking build. “Do you have any training or experience as a guardian by any chance?” The notion had been brewing in her mind for some time now. Her head listed lightly to the side as she spoke; eyes sharp with curiosity. Gent was a fine enough defender, but he had leadership duties to attend to. It would be nice to supplement Aeus' role, or replace it entirely; though she doubted her leaders would want to take away any guardians. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Miss Freeman who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

Moraxia appreciated the woman’s polite actions to match her own, and was becoming quite fond of her optimistic tone. ‘Raela,’ She thought, grinning widely now. “The gift can be excused if you have a talent you can stake your membership on. You seem like a hard worker...” The wolf patiently and quietly listened. Her mind quickly but subtly searched for an answer while the woman talked, assessing her recently learned skills. She wasn’t very fast nor agile, but was quite powerful due to her large build. She prided herself on being able to hold her own in a fight, whether she left defeated or not she at least gave the competitor a run for his money. “Do you have any training or experience as a guardian by any chance?” Silently thanking her parents eleemosynary gift of large and defensive genes to her, Moraxia nodded cautiously. “My father was adamant in his teachings of strength.” A sharp pain cut into her chest as unwanted memories flooded in, making her throat grow tight and hatred swell in her mind. Raela’s smiling face was a comfort to the amber wolf, and she forcibly kept her expression unmoved. “So yes, I know my way around that area but have never fully been trusted with such a responsibility.” The wolf was beginning to hope she would be at least some help to the pack with all of her weaknesses, thinking the least she could do was attempt to protect them if accepted.

But what if they chose to cast her out again on her own; could she handle being rejected, after already trusting so much to this one wolf? Hesitantly, Moraxia’s expression turned serious. “Raela... I think I might need a few days to think on this and return to you and your pack.” The thought of being alone again, even just for a little bit longer, created an unwanted feeling in her gut. She wouldn’t take long enough to slip back into her thoughts of hopelessness, but she needed some time to analyze the situation. The brown-eyed wolf always had trouble immediately making a decision, especially when it pertained to something so important.

Image © Ami B./Dawnthieves

Manipulation © Miss Freeman

Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

As she watched carefully for a reaction, the larger female's head dipped in confirmation. So she had something...? Her first sentence came closer to Raela's own memories than Moraxia could have predicted. She practically felt the wince herself, knowing that this wolf very well could be an exiled Asurn. It was unlikely, though, in light of how far they were from Asurn territory. She wanted to say something; her expression having melted to one of shared grief and empathy, but the other wolf again spoke first. As this sentence concluded she nodded slowly. “Mine was too. Our pack could very much use a guardian of your size and strength, if you're interested.” Silence fell again, and she could see that the other woman was deep in thought. 

When the words finally surfaced, she wasn't terribly surprised. The pack wolf rose to her feet with a gentle bow. “Of course. We'll still be here when you've decided.” The pleasant smile returned to her maw. The other wolf was still in decent shape, so it was little concern that she stay out on her own a few days longer. Otherwise Raela may have begged Moraxia to follow her home, and then have wound up begging the Alphas to keep her. She offered a final goodbye before turning back to the deer herd she'd been tracking. “I'll meet you at the border when you call. Take care!” She barked over her shoulder as she loped back across the hill. She'd have two pleasant things to report to the leaders today; assuming the deer settled for a rest soon. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]