510 Users Online
Bing, Google

Gingersnaps — Cors Ossum 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable
we are not things

Isuni nodded with a soft hum as her new companion tried to explain how elusive the plant could be, but it was the way she spoke of her mother that made the large wolf smile. One corner of her mouth tipped upwards as the tip of her tail wagged once or twice, betraying how highly she thought of such a relationship. Her own mother had little to say and often exhibited more lassitude than anything else, and if the redhead didn’t love her so, she might accuse the female alpha of having little personality, crushed under her father’s paw. As it stood, they didn’t have much of a bond at all, as it was hard to maintain that with a soul who had trouble responding.

With an excited noise, Morganna finally found her prize. Pointed ears rolled forward and the wolf followed in a slow jog, covering the ground that separated the pair with ease. No longer was she worried about this stranger – instead, she was curious about this plant, and put at ease by her stories. “It does smell different,” she agreed readily, nosing the leaf before drawing her head back. Eyes searched over the broad leaves and she nodded with another hum, before her own ambitions were inquired after.

“I’m not entirely sure,” Isuni answered honestly. “I took care of pups, in my birth pack. But I had to, because I am a woman. I wanted to chose. I wanted to hunt, or become a guardian, like my brother. I’m not small – it seems a waste to keep me holed up in a den when I could actually do something for the pack. I wanted to just learn something, I wanted to mean something, but they wouldn’t let me.”

A long pause. “…that’s why I’m not there anymore, as it were. I had to be.

I couldn’t end up like my mother.

Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I'm not a choice, i'm a natural selection

The type of pack her companion described not only sounded hellish to the headstrong Archer, but the leader sounded like a fool. A rather un-ladylike snort was offered to voice her opinion on the scenario the other woman described. "Nobody could blame yer fer leavin'. If Mother ever caught a sniff o' that sorta rubbish goin' on in our pack, she'd put em in their place." her tone was full of adoration, her smile sign enough of the pedestal @Elettra occupied in her mind. She could only hope that one day she could measure up to be even half the leader her mother was.

While she scratched around the base of the plant to reveal the finger-like roots, she thought to casually mention, "Yer know theres always room fer more guardians an' hunters in Willow Ridge. Its a bit of a trek south o' here but if yer ever in the area... Yer won't have ter let yer gender or yer size define what yer become there." she left the invitation open, not wanting to push the other woman too far. If she had recently escaped the clutches of pack living she might not be so keen to skip back to the willows, swinging their tightly clasped hands between them. She would make the offer and let the other wolf decide for herself. She would always have a choice.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable
we are not things

Isuni’s smile grew, the wolf chuffing softly at the mention of what Willow Ridge’s matriarch would do to any wolf with such an ideal. It was incredibly liberating to learn that not all packs were like Moose’s Tooth – that not all wolves accepted such a strict guideline. Perhaps more importantly, some actually seemed to be disgusted by the way Avvar ran his pack into the ground. “Your mother sounds like a fascinating woman,” she replied, sienna eyes glimmering as her gaze dropped, watching as Morganna began to dig at the ground gently. The lone wolf was tempted to follow suit, but squishing two women in a tiny dug out seemed like a good way to ruin the herb she was looking for.

The invitation was met with a hint of surprise, ears pinning forward again as she tried not to stare openly. Never before had someone offered her a place to stay, much less one that housed Morganna and her mysterious mother, champion of wise women. “I think I might have to check that out… I was moving in that direction, anyways.” And while she was not quite ready to commit, it certainly seemed like an opportunity she couldn’t throw away, not with winter afoot.

“Oh! The roots!” she noticed suddenly, the pale, gnarled part of the plant appearing in the dirt. “Is that what you needed?”

Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
She found herself settling in comfortably with the loner and she had to admit to herself she would be sad when they had to part finally ways, but she still had other plants to gather further to the west before she could make her way home. "Yeah, its good fer upset stomachs mostly." she explained as she thought over how best to proceed. "I've still got a bit ter do before I head back, but if yer interested in meetin' mother yerself just keep headin' south. Yer'll cross two rivers and the woods will give way ter Willows. Can't miss us if yer make it that far. Shouldn't take yer more than  three days if yer take it easy." she offered with a friendly smile. Of course she didn't expect the woman to go direct, she could take as long as she wished or even not go there at all...

But she was sure they could find a place for her with winter just on the horizon. Even if she only stayed for a short while, Morganna was certain that this woman would indeed prove herself Capable, and far less of a drain on the pack than some other former members, such as Piety or even Xetor had been. She certainly hoped she would see this wolf again, and frequently at that. Ginger now collected there was little reason to linger in the woods. If her companion had no more questions for her she would take her leave with a sincere "C'ya soon," and a friendly smile. It would be nice to have another new face at home. One might even say where loners were concerned, the Archer princess was going through a stage of oniomania.
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]