(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing

Every Night — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

The prattling did not bother Veho in the least – in fact, it was rather refreshing to meet another wolf as enthusiastic about the art of healing as he was. His tail waved behind him as he listened, his ears cupped forward as he hummed or nodded in the appropriate places. It was hard to get a word in edgewise, but fortunately he’d been blessed with a great deal of patience, and felt no need to attempt to speak over the ruddy female. Instead, he hummed thoughtfully, nodding as Aideen explained what she was looking for, and what she had a hard time finding back in her own pack lands. The mention of mushrooms brought a wry smile to his face, and he nodded.

“Ah, yes. We have many of those. I believe I could find some to spare,” Merlin chuckled, his pale eyes dancing. That he collected them more aggressively than many other didn’t need to be shared, though he did wonder if the woman used the mushrooms for the same spiritual purposes that he did. He would share regardless, for there were other medical uses to the fungus besides his own spiritual uses, and it wasn’t his business what she chose to do with them.

After a moment, he leaned back on a foot. He wasn’t carrying any on him, but he could certainly bring them to her. “I could bring you some lavender, and some mushrooms as well. I would have to make a trip, but I think it would be nice to see some of the land further north. Do you happen to have any Solomon’s Seal? Or ginger? Neither of those things grow in my region, and either would be a very helpful addition, if you have some to spare?”

Not a problem, life happens sometimes! These two are adorable. Maybe an answer for Aideen, and we could have Veho exit...and then start a new thread, so they could exchange goods? And do the 'shrooms together, if you want. ;D
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
@Veho sounds great to me! You wanna start it, perhaps in wildflower Glade (that's about midway between their packs I think) - we can backdate or not, whatever you think <3

Merlin seemed to be an odd mixture of calm and enthusiastic, mastering a patience much finer than Aideen herself could have mustered, yet showing not only interest, but excitement as well when she finally left him room to answer. She smiled broadly at his response, tail wagging eagerly as he agreed to share. The promise not only meant that she would save time on searching for the plants on her own, but was also a show of trust, and interest in furthering their collaboration, both of which gladdened the vixen woman immensely. And the silvery male went even further still, suggesting they meet up once he'd gathered what she asked for. Aideen could have squealed in delight, though she managed to suppress the urge. Instead she nodded vigorously, swallowing quickly before replying: "That would be wonderful! I'd really appreciate it. And oh yes, I have plenty of ginger, always make an effort to keep some on hand." She smiled to herself, remembering her very first patient, the expression growing melancholic as she thought of how that very day had been the start of their friendship; Now @Iopah is gone... First Ashanti, then her. Would it be her fate to lose all her best friends?

Shaking off the sudden, dark thought, Aideen returned her attention to Merlin's query, lips pursing a little; "As for King Solomon's Herb, I have some, but it's still a bit early... We have a lot of it growing in the Glade, just outside out borders, so I tend to dig it up fresh whenever I need it over the summer." Meeting the bright grey eyes opposed her, she tilted her head a little, brows furrowing some. After a moment of thought she said: "If you could wait a little, maybe another cycle of the moon, it would be time to dig up the roots for winter, they'll keep their strength better then?" Her own needs were not acute, and if his weren't either, it seemed the best solution. In any case, she would be delighted by a visit from him, the chance to chat with another medic, and exchange knowledge on level terms - rather than being the student to an older teacher - was a real treat, and she felt sure they could have gone on for ever; If only we had the time! But at least she had the promise of seeing him again, as well as maybe going on a joint gathering trip sometime in the future; I'll take that!

Word count: 417

"Speech" Thoughts
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Veho gave a thoughtful hum as the other medic explained a plan, and he gave a nod.  It sounded quite logical, in his opinion, and waiting would allow him plenty of time to gather whatever he could for his new trading partner.  Perhaps he could even ask Titan to assist with him.  Behind him, his bushy grey tail waved behind him as he already starting to catalogue where the items were, and what other things he could surprise the lady healer with.

It took him a moment to realize he was getting lost in his own thoughts, and the medicine man cleared his throat.  “This all sounds very good,” he agreed happily, pale silver eyes twinkling at the prospect.  “I had best return from whence I came, but I will start collecting things for our trade right away.  I will see you soon, I hope, and with a magnificent bounty to exchange!  It was very good to meet you, Aideen,” the healer hummed, true happiness coloring his tone.  Bowing his head, he took a step back.

“May you walk with the Ancestors,” he said by way of departure, and with that, he made his exit, turning about to return to the wolves of Grizzly Hollow, that he might inform his alpha of the accord he’d struck.

Exit.

@Aideen -- sorry that took so long!  V's muse has been kinna blah.  I'll start a new one in the next couple days!
(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2015, 11:17 PM by Veho.)
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]