(See All?) Announcements
641 Users Online
Bing, Google

Past, Present and Future — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
It was the second time in recent months that Serach had shared the story of the Bend's founding. It was easier the second time around, although Serach couldn't deny that it felt strange to share it. It was, in a very real sense his story of how he came to be, but despite its significance, there was a certain level of detachment too it. He had obviously never met Rissa, or any of his siblings from his mother's second litter for that matter, and so it was hard to understand his mother's motivation for wanting to move. So when Drestig asked if it was more comforting to be here, where the boy's mother had lived out her final days, Serach could only shrug his shoulders. "I guess so, but it's not like I have to be in the Bend to remember her or be reminded of her," he tried to explain, hoping that Drestig would understand. There were memories of his childhood that were recalled at specific locations inside the pack's territory, but Serach's love for his mother was unaffected by distance and, after his visit to Kisla, was almost stronger away from the Bend. "Don't apologize either...for not knowing," he added, his lips twisting upwards into a smile. "Most of the wolves who live here now don't know. Triell and Jessie are the only ones left who would remember, I think." The rest had all come along after - most had never known the pack's founder at all.

"What about you?" He asked, straightening up as he looked at Drestig. "How did you end up here? I'm sure there were other packs that you could have made your home." After sharing his own origin story, it was only fair that Drestig reciprocated, and for as much as the boy resented the newcomers' lack of knowledge about the Bend, he had made little of his own efforts to understand the lives and stories of his packmates before they had arrived at their borders and become family.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Serach I think we're ready to wrap this up?

This was no easy conversation, nor had he expected it to be. But he was glad he finally got to know a little more about the pack he called home. Serach offered honest answers, even if the subject stirred up painful memories and tore at old, half healed wounds. He took it in stride though, even managing a smile, and the elder male responded in kind, nodding understandingly at the boys explanations. His answer to the question about Corinna didn't overly surprise, though dark brows did furrow slightly in contemplation; Very true… The pale boy had never struck Drestig as the overly sentimental kind, nor someone who would grow overly attached to things or places. Still the story of how Oak Tree Bend came to be had given the dark man quite a few things to think about. He cleared his throat, tilting his head lightly as he responded in a soft, earnest voice: "Well I'm glad to know too, thank you for telling me. I'm… Sorry it took me so long to ask." His smile turned sheepish, though his eyes glinted with humor at this second apology.

The change of subject came abruptly, and Drestig's expression changed to one of surprise as the attention was suddenly turned on him. His first instinct was to brush off the question, but that hardly seemed fair, after all, Serach's story had been a lot more painful, and he had shared it; So it's my turn… Dark lips tightened into a thin line, ember eyes growing distant for a moment, as the scout thought back, a mixture of feelings rushing through him as he considered were to begin. Then finally, he met the younger man's chartreuse gaze, a faint smile curling his lips; "Well actually, I wasn't really looking for a pack when I first came to Relic Lore. Thing's sort of just… Happened." He winked at the boy, feeling slightly awkward admitting this, but at the same time, not only considering himself obliged to tell the truth, but wanting to be honest; He won't judge me. Or so he hoped at least.

As the black wolf continued, his smile turned melancholic, gaze again growing distant; "It was all Silver's doing. She was the first wolf I had seen in a long time… I ran into her up at the lake, she was… Quite charming." He chuckled lowly, remembered how the woman had wasted no time in putting him in his place. She'd intrigued him already back then. "She convinced me to come to her pack, she was mated to Ace back then, leader of Pitch Pine Trail." This was stated matter-of-factly. He had never been jealous of Ace, he hardly knew the man, and back then love – or even conquest – had been very far from his mind. He'd been ready to swear allegiance to Silver, at least for the winter, and simply accept her mate as part of the bargain. But it hadn't gone like that. "I hardly remember my time there, it was short-lived." Drestig's focus returned to the lad before him, a new smile sneaking onto his face; "But I'd suddenly realized just how vulnerable I was all by myself, winter was already at large. When the Trail disbanded, I just went north, hoping to come across another pack before I starved." A small snicker left him; "And I did, lucky for me too, I could have gone too far west, missing the Bend entirely and ending up by Magnolia Glen." He shuddered, thinking of having to cower before Phineas like he had Triell; I doubt that would gone so well…

Drestig leaned back a little, sighing lightly as he finished candidly: "I never imagined I would have stayed this long, I wasn't pack material, or so I told myself. I expected to ride out the winter in the Bend and then be on my merry way." He broke into a warm smile, looking fondly over at the blonde boy; "Didn't quite go that way now, did it?"

Word count: 668

Thoughts ”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2016, 12:12 AM by Drestig.)

pride12
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Sure! We'll need another one soon, though <3 I love threading with Drestig :D

Serach could see the look of surprise on Drestig's face. Serach's lips pulled back and he bared his teeth in a wolfy grin. He had shared with Drestig far more than he had ever really shared with anyone. His reluctance wasn't intentional, but it was a history that not many of the Bend's current members had ever wanted to know. It was strange for him too, he realized as his grin faded away in anticipation of Drestig's response. It was a story that had resulted in his conception and his very being, and yet, the story of the Swift River wolves and how they came to be the Oak Tree Bend wolves was not his story, at least, not in the sense that he had lived it. It felt good though, to share it with someone as important to the boy as Drestig.

Settled back onto his haunches, he moved his tail in a ludic way as he listened attentively. He was puzzled by Drestig's answer - it seemed any and all wolves who came to the pack's borders looking for shelter were there because they were actively looking for a place to live. Drestig had always seemed so deliberate...it was strange to think of his ending up at the Bend an accident. Pitch Pine Trail... his brow furrowed at the name, his faced bunched up in a puzzled expression as he tried to place it. He had heard of them, he supposed, but not for a long time. He had been a pup when @Fenru had discovered their presence nearby, and as Drestig revealed that the pack had disbanded soon after he had joined it, Serach realized that he had not been too much older when that had occurred. It had not been a long-lived venture, then, he thought, thankful that for all of its highs and lows, the Bend had never been truly threatened in such a way.

"I'm glad you ended up here," he confessed when Drestig had finished, nudging the bottom of the older male's muzzle with his nose. "You're too good for the Glen wolves, and we needed you here. So I'm glad you stayed." He smiled, his admiration for Drestig coming through in his tone and voice. It was absolutely true. Drestig had been an important member of the Bend for a long time, and was especially important now that he had taken up leadership of the pack in Triell's stead.

In a burst of uncharacteristic mischief, Serach hoisted himself to his feet and playfully headbutted Drestig's shoulder. He growled, lowering the front half of his body into a bow, his tail waving happily above his back as he invited Drestig to play. They had bonded over their discussion, and would continue to bond over a playful spar session.

Fade out.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]