(See All?) Announcements
698 Users Online
Bing

Water Sport — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missile who has 11 posts.
Inactive
Rainbow Stripes
Frolicking by the shallow waters of the wetlands had always cheered her spirits as much as everything else that brought entertainment. Paws immersed within the marsh's aqua, Rain could feel the cold mushy soil filling inside the digits of her toes with every step she made. Splashes here and there could be heard with every trudge she did across the swamp while mud seemed to cling into her stone-colored fur with every stride of her ungraceful movements. The chiliad of excessively tall reeds and foliage does not seem to deter any of her motions, and it looks like she hasn't even recognized them in the middle of her games.

She had locked her eyes into the tiny amphibian with little to no regard to her surroundings. She had done so for the last couple of minutes too, finding it slower to move on a drenched land than on a regular plain, but she welcomed the challenged. It did keep her from getting bored, at least, until she finally catches the frog that kept escaping the clutches of her jaws. Considering her current sprint as her last chance to finally finish the chase, she got all her force into one major leap towards the frog. Unfortunately for her, she had miscalculated her jump and went straight to the water, missing her target altogether.

One last splash from her ensued and then there was temporary silence from Rainbow. Recovering from the loss, she shook clumps of dirt away from her coat as soon as she got back on her feet. Her head then quickly shifted from left to right, trying to find her supposed victim that had already hidden within the covers of the marsh to no avail. It was then that she realized that she was not where she last remembered she was. Perhaps the frog was made out of magic and led her to the legendary frog kingdom! She began nosing the stalks of reeds afterwards, wondering if the entrance hidden underneath these. Maybe she wouldn't have to eat for a week once she finds it...
Played by Redd who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
It wasn't necessarily what Ava would have called the most pleasant of environments. Rather foul water and plants made for a quite unwelcoming scent, and that almost every step was made wet by the grounds only seemed to make things that much worse. It was however, much to the delight of the rather solitary older female, a quiet place to be, so it was somewhere she had chosen to rest with a purpose to clear her thoughts and her mind. There were many things to go through her head, memories of the past and still great plans for the future. She was no spring chicken, but be damned if she was anywhere near dead either.

That was to say it had been quiet when she'd first arrived. This was not a place where she could sit or lay down, but she had been wandering in relative peace before the reckless splashing of some unknown creature had broken her concentration and caused her attention to shift. Instincts first told her that this was an opportunity to hunt some kind of prey that had found itself out of place, but as her nose lifted to scent the air - detecting a wolf, that plan was all but put to bed... mostly.

Ears twisted as she heard the trampling nearby, but not in any place where she could sight the other. So in the moment she just listened. Listened and waited. It was nearing, coming towards her, but didn't sound anything like a thread. She turned to face it head-on as any decent queen would have done. No longer a queen, she still carried herself as such. The steps drew nearer, and the figure came into view, only to crash into the water with a glorious splash.

Amusement struck the woman, who simply stared as the other rose from her defeat and shook free of the water and debris, only to look around as though she had lost something. The older woman had never seen the frog, and drew the assumption that this girl had simply been in a rush and tripped.

"Lost something?" The woman announced her presence without hesitation, tail swaying once with amusement behind her hips as she took a second to run her eyes up and down the grey-coated female that had almost fallen into her lap. No, there was certainly no threat, and if there was even at her age Avari was confident she could drown the other female.

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2015, 04:18 AM by Avari. Edit Reason: Coding )
Inactive
Rainbow Stripes

The gate to the almighty frog kingdom was nowhere to be found regardless of how persistent she was on trying to locate it. On the hindsight, she had no idea how these amphibious creatures lived and where they usually form their nests, which may have hampered the glorious idea of letting the frog guide her to the others. Whether they live in some kind of hole in the water or just sleep anywhere their tired legs bring them, the lack of knowledge clearly stopped the invitation of the frog she was chasing after. Soon, she found herself giving up at the task, but at least the population of frog city has another day to live.

Ears perked up as a voice on the otherwise lonely setting chimed in. She swung her head to face the source of the sound, as her eyes met a female noticeably more mature than her. "I lost a frog, ma'am." The figure of the smaller creature had indeed eluded her eyes for the last time, sinking in the shallows of the wetlands. Perhaps there was no chance for her to find the exact same frog that she was chasing, but it wouldn't push her to grow atrabilious with how things worked out in the end. After all, instead of a boring frog that leaves her for good, she got the company of a sweet older lady in exchange.

"Are you here to hunt frogs too?" The trigger for her words were pulled too quickly as she had asked without remorse, head tilting with curiosity. "I don't know how they taste like or how they feel in the mouth, but I'm sure it's a great experience. Do you know?" Her tail wagged playfully on her back with a smile plastered on her face. No matter how the female would react to her silly questions, she knew that she'd make a much better companion than the aquatic animal she had chased away. All she had wanted was to taste the goodness that it contained, but no, the frog had to swim away from her and her paws that weren't made for water.

Talking

(This post was last modified: Aug 09, 2015, 04:48 PM by Rainbow. Edit Reason: coding )
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
Had she the ability to read minds Avari would have been stunned. To know that this young woman was searching for some kind of frog kingdom accessed by a magical gate might have caused Avari to have reservations about engaging. What a ludicrous thing! Alas she was not so gifted. There was no knowing what thoughts were running through the youthful mind of the female before her, forcing her only to take the answer on it's obvious value. The girl had lost a frog.

That alone was an odd thing. In the mind of Ava to lose something meant that one first had to own it, which implied that the fog which was lost had been some kind of a pet. Of all the things to keep! Why someone would want a frog was beyond her, but to each their own she supposed, responding only with a laugh because she wasn't sure how else to answer.

There was one reason she could think of - to lick at the skin of certain coloured toads. Toads were different to frogs however, and the idea was dismissed as soon as the younger one mentioned that she wasn't aware of how they tasted. Eating a frog?! The elder shuddered visibly. She could only imagine the sensation of having one in her mouth and throat. The squishy and slimy body and those kicking legs...

"Don't eat frogs." With a single blink she just stared at the girl, her voice almost warning despite the fact that there was probably no real danger in actually eating them. "Trust me." No experience on the subject, but she implored the younger woman nonetheless. The other question still lingered though. Was she here to hunt frogs? Of course not. What was she doing here though? She couldn't think of an answer, and so she merely ignored it.

"You should be hunting toads." Her comment was met with a chuckle. "They're fatter. Lazier. They don't run away." Not in any of her experiences that she could remember, anyway...

Inactive
Rainbow Stripes
The question of where to compare the taste of frogs was left unanswered by Rainbow's mind and left unsaid by her lips. She knew that its skin was as slippery as an eel and its color wasn't as appetizing as the meat of a deer or any other prey animal, and that it was probably true that it wasn't the most appetizing thing. Curiosity was the saving grace for the little amphibian creatures if it were not for Rain's optimism about its taste. Whether she ends up liking how it feels on her tongue or not would still be enough to keep her satisfied, since simply knowing what it tastes like would mean bragging rights of sorts.

The answer from the woman did not really get the question out of her head as she was hoping to find any record of whether they do taste good or not. Regardless of what it really is, the words from the lady seem to prelude the latter. While she did expect to get the taste of some of the small wetland residents, she remains satisfied with how things turned out. "Aww, you really care for me, a stranger, lost in the lands of wet... stuff? How sweet." She'd probably still try to eat them frogs later for the sake of putting them in her mouth and tasting them, just not with the wolf that advised her not to do it still around.

"Do toads taste better than frogs? Or do they taste the same, and just easier to catch?" The idea of hunting the things she has not consumed before beatify her, as with most of the other things that kept her busy. Maybe with the help of the more experienced lady, she can finally taste prey that aren't warm-blooded nor called fish. She was not entirely sure if the stranger would cooperate with her on her endeavors to be a food warrior, but she still remained positive regardless of how things work out in the end. After all, just having a companion was good enough for someone who has left her family like her.

Talking
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
Avari was a little lost at the reactions she received. All she'd done was offer some simple advice about whether or not it was a good idea to eat frogs, and the younger girl had taken that to mean that she actually gave a damn about what the other did. While it was perhaps true in part it certainly wasn't to the extent that the grey-coated female was making it out to be. Still it was a reaction that warranted a bark of sharp laughter and an amused grin if nothing else, the elder standing a little taller and allowing her tail to wave at the back of her legs as she bowed her head politely.

"My dear, us women have to look out for each other." The response was both simple and reasonable as she took a moment to assess the other on face value, examining the size and shape not for a threat (though that was always present in the back of her mind) but for familiarity. Maybe this stranger was the daughter of someone she knew - or even better yet an enemy she owed revenge to. Alas, as she eyed the girl there was no such familiarity. This was just yet another stranger whose path she had never crossed.

"I can't say I've ever eaten a toad nor a frog." Licked yes. Eaten and held inside the confines of her muzzle? Hell no. "You'll have to come find me when you do, and tell me which of the two is better, okay?" Head cocked. Why would one ever feel possessed to eat those squishy creatures was well beyond her knowledge. Even at her age, it was the first she'd ever heard of such a thing.

"My name is Ava." Last names kept secret, especially now knowing that her son Kjors lived somewhere nearby. "You should tell me yours so we can find each other once you've captured your uuh... your meals..."

Inactive
Rainbow Stripes
It was mundane for Rainbow to be attempting to create new experiences for fill her memory with them. She had always believed it was the norm among the other living sentient creatures, despite having met wolves that clearly opposed such risky lifestyle. 'They just want to preserve their lives so they can do more stuff until they die of old age,' according to Rainbow. Whether it would be the frogs or the toads that get eaten wasn't the main issue for her, but rather which would taste better in comparison. New tastes always brings the good reactions from her, and if they're poisonous, at least she can just pass away without living with the disappointment of choosing the wrong one.

Her smile widened with the assurance from the older female, grin almost reaching from ear to ear. While she had said nothing as of the moment, she knew her friendly stares would be enough to convey the message she wanted to express. She never knew that rule before, and if it automatically says that all women can be friends, she'd uphold it until her last breath. The curving of her lips only stopped with the mention of the potential food once again, followed with a deal that she will certainly accept with glee. "I'll find you by then, my friendly friend. And when I do, I'll tell you all about this research of mine."

She doesn't even know how to catch one, but she'll learn one eventually. That or she'll forget all about her intent of getting one of those amphibians on her stomach after a night's sleep. Despite this, the name Ava surely wouldn't join the rest of the things she'd be unable to recall after tonight. "My name's Rainbow Stripes. You can call me Rainbow Stripes, or any variation of that, Ava." There was a pause following the sweet chime of the nickname she made up on the spot, before a thought had crossed her mind. "Wait, you're not going to help me catch them? I don't have much knowledge about them so I don't know..."

(This post was last modified: Sep 23, 2015, 01:57 AM by Rainbow.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Avari Erin Bjornson
It had been her every intent to move on from this conversation and encounter as quickly as she possibly could, not wanting to get caught up with someone who was looking for a non-existent frog kingdom that seemed to be perfectly happy with throwing their bodies into possibly dirty waters, but there was something she couldn't quite force herself to walk away from. Something about the girl, be it her youth or her innocence, put an otherwise anxious mind at ease.

There was no way this girl was any kind of a threat, and it was nice for once not to have to think about the politics surrounding her not-so-secret motives. She didn't have to talk about them, even, with someone whose mind was clearly as scattered as the body parts of her deceased former mate.

So it was when the other expressed her seeming disappointment that the older woman had to shake her head in disagreement. Was she going to help her catch them? Gracious no! She was far from in the mood to go flinging herself through shallow marshland in pursuit of disgusting, squishy frogs. Still, perhaps she might get lucky and come across a red or a blue toad.

"I can't help you catch them, I'm too old..." or lazy "...but if you do catch one, Rainbow..." what in the hell kind of a name was rainbow anyway "...then I'll try it so long as you eat it first, okay?" What in the world was she getting herself into this time....