(See All?) Announcements
491 Users Online
Nash, Google, Enera, Bing

The Breath I've Been Searching For — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
I've only just realized how "mean" Rook sounds to have pretty much snubbed her that way.  :c  /pats Namid. Also, ugh, I foresee Brideshead Revisited parallels to some extent; I cannot deal.

"I didn't know," he whispered. "I hadn't known until he had wound himself so tightly around my heart." This was a half-truth (as Rook truly was incapable of lying and getting away with it); initially Rook didn't want to have anything to do with Namid with Veho in his life and now he had no choice but to welcome it. Even more so as she offered her pack and family to his. There was no valid reason to deny it, to second-guess or turn her away without answer. @"Veho', at this point, was a valuable and cherished part of his life. To reject the Macieo's would paint Rook and the rest of the family in the sort of light that was unfavorable, vain, or unfair. Maybe this was Fate's way of welcoming Namid into his life, despite her belonging to another man.

Tried as he might, he let the guilt pile onto his shoulders. The way it was looking in his mind made it seem as though he had captured Veho in order to get to his sister. This wasn't the case; but, alas, Rook's mind was not as carefree as it had been in his youth... when he and Namid and Bishop were merely a trio of ragamuffins relying on nothing but chance, faith, and a bit of safekeeping on Narime Lagina's part.

"With my life," he confirmed, vowing to her that he would protect her brother. For the most fleeting of moments, his smile touched his eyes. It was apparent now just how much Veho had made an impact on him.  "I don't think I-- we could say no," he answered, hoping against all hope that this agreement would soften the blows that they had dealt one another, leaving only enough room to feel that familiar tug of strained heartstrings and the longing it inspired. It was as though he were meaning to shield Quil from Namid, to excuse her from anymore anguish. The news of Rook and Veho had seemingly been more than enough. "We would love to. There's no reason not to be. You and yours would also be welcome here, too." He offered a small twitch of his tail.

As if to seal this agreement, he somewhat reaffirmed, using this opportunity to learn for himself just who his Bright Star had come to align herself with, "So it shall be... Grizzly Hollow and...?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

"I didn't know. I hadn't known until he had wound himself so tightly around my heart." he whispered, and she nodded silently. She knew the feeling all too well, for she’d felt it with him. Still felt it with Vespertio, felt it every time the agouti man was around her. How her heart sped up and she could almost see the spark that threatened to set fire to everything around them. It was the love she deserved, the love that she hoped he had found even if it was found with the boy she’d grown up with. "With my life," he next vowed, and she could believe him. Believe it in the conviction in his voice, the steadiness it held and in the smile that finally, finally reached those brilliant eyes of his. Despite the sour mood she had been in, that smile brought one to her own as well. She once again squished down the feelings, placing them back in the vault she’d had them stored into. She’d have to repair it, seal it completely and drop it to the bottom of the lake so that the feelings could never resurface again. There was no room in her life for them, no room in either of their lives.

We would love to. There's no reason not to be. You and yours would also be welcome here, too." he said, and she practically sighed with relief. Finally she had managed to do something right on this god-forsaken journey, finally managed to do the task she had set out to do. A bit of her was at peace by this, some of the pressure in her mind lifting and allow her to think just a bit clearer. ”You cannot imagine how happy I am to hear that. Narime…she ran us out, my subordinate and I. Gave us the same greeting as she would a thieving scavenger, but…I cannot say I blame her,” she said. Somewhere within her, Namid knew she would never forgive herself. But, perhaps this moment was the point of her real healing. The moment where she could finally start to stitch herself back to together to become nearly whole. "So it shall be... Grizzly Hollow and...?" he said, and her gaze widened in shock. How had she forgotten to mention the name? She allowed her head to dip in apology, “Fallen Tree Cove, we are called Fallen Tree Cove. If you ever do wish to visit, we reside in a small cove on top of the mountain joined to a lake. Be careful of the time you come, for it comes upon you quickly if you do not know it is there you may have the misfortune of a nasty fall.” Like me she thought, almost amused.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Namid's tears were not lost on him, but he stayed in his place before her. Perhaps this alliance would be enough to mend the bond between them, despite the seasons of waiting, wanting, and wishful thinking. They both had to be strong; they each had someone else, and maybe it would be enough to quell those feelings of unrequited love. Additionally, he and Grizzly Hollow would become Fallen Tree Cove's buffer between Whisper Caverns. @Narimé was a just woman and, while Rook could justify her qualms, as allies to both, he himself was willing to play mediator between them. He owed the Lady Lagina a favor just as he owed Namid his friendship at the very least.

"Fallen Tree Cove," he repeated after her. "So it shall be. If... If Whisper Caverns tries anything else on you, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Coming to visit you when the cubs are older would be nice, though, and I'll keep your words in mind. I've never tried anything more than rolling knolls and some steep foothills." A thought of taking Veho with him while Quil and his parents remained at home flit across his mind but said nothing of it. He already felt terrible for outright telling her that he was with her brother.

"Will you be leaving soon?" It was question he had never thought he would be asking. "I can go fetch Veho if you'd like? He might be around... somewhere... When I last checked on him he was... out. Fetching herbs more than likely but not far." There was an uncertainty in his voice that shouldn't have been there, seeing as he was trying to give Namid the impression that he was stable and in a very loving, mutual relationship. He just didn't want to get his hopes up on keeping her for long; by the sound of it, the Cove was quite a walk from here to there and he would rather not have her significant other hounding him down like another agitated Skoll.

He sniffled, "Or I can let him know that you've been by?" At this point in time he was certain to make mention of it, but wouldn't until he found Veho sometime later on when he and the medic were alone.

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Neither moved an inch closer to each other, simply standing where they were. It was a good distance, a healthy distance that was allowing blood from the wounds they had inflicted upon each other to drain so that they may heal. Her ears flicked into attention as he began speaking, a gentle smile curling onto her maw. If... If Whisper Caverns tries anything else on you, let me know and I'll see what I can do. he said, and her gaze widened slightly. She hadn’t nearly intended on asking him to be a buffer for them, as she wasn’t entirely sure of the relationship he held with Narime Lagina. Though they were allies, she would never ask of him to go against another Ally if that were to be the case between the Caverns and the Hollow. Still, she was grateful and she showed this in a dip of her head. “Thank you, Rook. That means a great deal to us,” to me she wanted to say, but bit her tongue.

"Will you be leaving soon? I can go fetch Veho if you'd like? He might be around... somewhere... When I last checked on him he was... out. Fetching herbs more than likely but not far." he said, and she shook her head. “I do not think that will be necessary. We have perhaps a two day journey ahead of us, so I would like to make sure that we get a meal before heading out. Just…just tell him that I was here and that I will see him,” she said, her smile quieting some. It wasn’t just that her brother was Rook’s lover, it was the way that everything had happened. It had been a long time since she’d seen the man, and she needed to collect herself before facing what would likely be a whole other can of worms that would need to be opened.

She paused to take another breath, looking at Rook as if to etch him into her mind for who knew when they would be seeing each other next, then exhaled. “I…should be going. It was great to see you again, to know that you are doing well. Should you need anything, you know where to find me,” she said. Her head once again bobbed low into a dip before she rose, posture turning diplomatic with straightened shoulders and a graceful lift to her chin. Giving him one last lingering look she steeled herself and turned, moving out of the territory and away from him on legs that she wished were steadier than what they actually were. They would see each other again someday, and would have just as much to catch up on then as well.

Exit Namid.
(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2015, 06:38 PM by Namid.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

She politely declined his offer to retrieve her brother; perhaps, that was something he, himself, would be doing later. Namid had come all this way to secure an alliance and it had been done. Now it was time to leave and, much to Rook's dismay, she would still take a piece of him with her. "Of course," he quietly smiled, returning a nod. "And, it was wonderful to see you."

Then, she was off.

After holding her gaze, treasuring and memorizing the look upon her face, he watched as she took her leave. Then, Rook traced her steps. One, two, three... four... five... past a marked tree. She disappeared from view and the Leader's posture relaxed; he hunched his shoulders and his ears tipped back. His tail fell limp at his heels. Had he not had the family and the ties that he had... If he had been as free as he had been when it had just been the three of them - him, Namid, and Bishop - he would have pursued her without question.

He forced himself to hold his chin up a little higher. It wasn't meant to be. He had to decide that for himself, to put to rest all that never was. He wouldn't ruin her marriage and hurt her brother all at once when he also had Quil and Tomen. It would be disastrous, not to mention heartbreaking for just a fling from summers past. He exhaled slowly then turned about in a tight circle to return to his part of the forest. He belonged here. There was no doubt about that... and, now, he would let Veho know that he was his.

(Fade.)