(See All?) Announcements
559 Users Online
Bing, Google, Galen, Chaos

toying somewhere between love and abuse — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 81 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Quil Attaya Lyall

Seated on her rump beside him, she shifted her weight as their conversation continued on. Quil stole a sidelong glance at him as the starlight danced in her eyes and on his grey-stroked face. It was plain to see that she'd gotten her message across, perhaps a bit too harshly, and she kept her composure when the empathy in her begged for her to mirror his reaction. Inside, her ears flattened, too, her shoulders sinking and eyes falling. Outwardly, she only blinked as his words came to form an explanation, the end of the sentence falling off as he seemed to lose sight of the words to complete it.

He went on to tell her about how he had perhaps played a role in Rook's here-and-there nighttime disappearances. He and her mate had stargazed, he said, chasing the moon sometimes when sleep eluded them. The child in her felt a tinge of pain, like the fact of it poked and prodded the part of her that already felt damaged by Rook. The woman that she was reasoned that it was okay, natural, even, to do such a thing with a friend, even if it meant leaving your mate and child in the middle of a sleepless night. Wasn't that what she was doing here now? It explained the way Rook wore Veho's scent so heavily, though she couldn't help to question now just how much time the two boys really spent together even if Veho had just said it wasn't a "frequent occurence." Was it really her business? Surely she had no need to worry. Right? And yet, it wasn't her scent that covered Rook entirely, thick and fresh on a near everyday basis.

She brushed it off as best she could.

Despite what he chose to share with her about his past and the way he felt greedy, Quil didn't see him as someone selfish or greedy. Sure, she didn't know him well, but this experience with him was showing her only how thoughtful and considerate, and perhaps philosophical, he was. It was true that everyone was more than what they let show, surely he was no different; she certainly wasn't. In her own ways, she was selfish and greedy, too ─ wanting so much more from Rook and expecting so much from her life and the others in it. Maybe that was her problem; maybe things would be easier if she expected nothing at all, and appreciated more of what she did have. And she did have so much to be thankful for.

"I am sorry to hear that, of your sister's young demise," her voice was soft and in it was a genuine tone of understanding. Had she not lost the whole of her own family at a young age? Quil wondered what Veho's own childhood had been like, and of the circumstances surrounding his losses, one of them at his own hand. "...I...I believe I can speak for the whole of the pack when I say that I think we are blessed to have you with us. Greedy or not, there's something special about you, Veho, and from what I can gather, you seem to have a gentle heart. I like that." She wore a lopsided grin. Maybe he wasn't as gentle as she thought for now, but she recognized the heart in him if only from the words he'd given her tonight. It was a lot like her own. "You know, I am grateful that Rook has a friend in you, to lean on and stargaze with." And she meant it.

"I...I'm glad to be able to stargaze with you tonight, too."

Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

From bitterness blossomed benevolence, and the older wolf found himself puzzled by the show of support offered from the lady alpha. It felt like only a few breaths ago, she had scolded him aggressively for his interest in her personal life. Ears shifted from completely plastered against the round of his skull to the airplane position, listening to the woman intently. Moonlit eyes shifted from the dark ground to something sideways, studying the swarthy woman for a moment before he bobbed his head. “I appreciate that,” he murmured softly, finally shifting his position to study @Quil once more. “I had doubts, about joining the pack once invited. I had been a traveler for so long. My Ancestors brought me to who needed my help, and I felt, for a time, like I was beginning to assuage how poorly I felt for being unable to help Neha when she got ill.”

Never had he told Rook how nervous he’d been, afraid of hurting the man’s feelings with such a confession. It felt good though, now, to confess to his uncertainty surrounding a more sedentary lifestyle, and still felt guilt surrounding what felt like a relatively plush life now.

“I…am happy to be here. I am glad to have found a friend in Rook. I’ve not…had friends in a very long time. It is a welcome change, to find Rook and the warm hearts he surrounds himself with.”

This was truth, and he allowed himself a soft sigh, tail beginning to twitch against the earth. Ducking his head to hide his bashful smile, he bobbed his head. “I am glad you joined me, as well. You are welcome to stargaze with me any time, Quil. I find myself awake at night quite often – if you find yourself in a similar state, I would be happy for your company. I have pledged myself and my best efforts for Rook and Grizzly Hollow – I would not hesitate to offer the same to you. Grizzly Hollow is…Grizzly Hollow is my family now.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]