580 Users Online
Bing, Google

charlie boy, don't go to war — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
For @Titan - light rain with thunder, 61F

Never in his life did Veho believe he would ever willingly engage in combat with another wolf, much less a packmate. As a youth, his father insisted he learn some skills – mainly, they were for self-defense once it became clear how passive the eldest child was. However, Caelyn was no fool, and used @Namid as the carrot to lead his son onwards. One day, he warned, he may need to defend his sister from someone unkind or unable to take rejection and thus the budding healer did learn not only how to protect himself from grievous harm, but would be able to uphold his sister's honor if the need ever presented itself.

Swallowing down the stone in his throat, the man tried to shake the thoughts from his mind – his father had never trained him to challenge for rank, much less for the reasons that motivating him. To be close to @Rook – all this to be close to Rook, his mind whispered traitorously, and the medicine man gave a full body shiver. His ears rung, the noise high and painful as he moved through pack territory. A quick jog by the den had shown the area to be empty, and a quick putter to his own cache had proved equally as fruitless. Thunder rumbled nearby, rain spitting on the wolf as he continued to prowl, the dreary weather suiting his mood as he narrowed his eyes to keep the droplets out.

Once further into the wood, the silver wolf sighed and settled against the fallen needles on the muddy forest floor before lifting up his voice, wishing to summon the fourth subordinate from wherever he might be. Only when a wolf emerged did he tip his head and clear his throat, voice soft, eyes cast low. "Hello – Titan? I don't believe we've properly met," he murmured, voice barely more than a whisper. "Might I have a moment?"

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben

Titan didn't so much walk in as he did barge into the clearing outside of the den. His fur was wet from the rain and from brushing past many plants only lightly moistened by the water cast from the heavens. He clenched a number of chewed hyssop plants between his jaws that had obviously been salvaged from the edges of their territory near the meadow. Bits or ergot and wheat grass stuck out between the hefty amount of hyssop as Titan paused at the sight of Veho. Thunder boomed over head making his fur rise up in fright. Despite the thunder closing in, Titan dropped his bundle and smiled at Veho. He sniffed at the air to figure out who he was looking at before glancing up at the heavens for a second. Then he dipped his head greeting the gray wolf with a serious expression. Titan didn't want to be here right now. Not with the sky darkening as it was.

"Yeah.. Veho right? Or..Merlin? Make it quick I wanna get inside before it gets bad." Titan fidgeted as thunder echoed across the sky again. The lavender had long since started doing its job in calming him down. Normally Titan would have been cooped up in the den with the pups already shivering and whimpering at the sound of thunder approaching. He waited semi patiently for Veho to speak while pushing the herbs under the den hole to keep them from getting muddy because of the dirt and rain. Then he looked to the other wolf sitting up with his ears perked slightly.  

"Is it something about the herbs? I didn't mean to rearrange them on you, its just that I knocked into them the one day... Then I tried to fix the mess." Titan grinned sheepishly while his tail wagged. He lifted his head just slightly while gazing at Veho. To be truthful Titan hadn't liked the order the other healer had organized things. It was just backwards to the way Titan had liked to put the herbs, but he wouldn't say that to the gray wolf's face. It would have been rude to do so.

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

@Titan exploded into view more than he did appear, and the older wolf was struck with the notion that his name was nothing if not appropriate.  The swarthy male was massive – the medic was no delicate flower, but the wolf was clearly taller, longer, and more heavy set than the gray wolf.  Ears fluttered backwards with a nervous swallow, realizing all at once what it was he was considering.  The thunder practically went unnoticed, and the silver animal might not have perceived the incoming storm at all had his packmate not mentioned it.

"You may call me Veho while we are inside pack borders," he murmured quietly, feeling less and less like Merlin by the moment.  It was something between himself and @Rook truly, and while he wanted to be that wolf, at the moment--  It wasn't important, at the moment.  Bowing his head, he rumbled softly instead.  He had assumed, when he shouldn't have – after all, one of his newer friends preferred her moniker to her given name.  "I apologize, I assumed you preferred Titan while amongst Hollow wolves.  Would you prefer I address you as Gawain?" he asked, seemingly immune to the impending storm.

For a few moments, the medic considering acquiescing to Titan's wishes – but that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?  He'd told the alpha he'd do this, do this for Rook, to be closer to Rook, and what would it say about his love and loyalty if he backed out when faced with the stark truth of a rank challenge.  "The herbs aren't a matter.  We can discuss cataloguing them at a later date, if you wish.  I wasn't certain I would be sharing the den when I was given permission to use it," Veho explained, and he meant the offer.  His pale eyes were dull as he glanced back up, studying the deep, exotic blues of Titan's own gaze.  "I--  Have come to ask to engage you in a challenge for the rank of fourth.  I wish to be closer to Borden, and Rook, and I--  Wish to have a bit more authority, if I am to become one of the medics among the ranks of Grizzly Hollow," he explained, despite how atypical that may be for one of these such things.  "I wish to work with you, but feel it would be remiss not to at least make this attempt."  Veho was older, and had a year more of practice than this dark male.  "Once it is settled, I will abide by the results."

If you best me, I will respect that, and your authority.

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2015, 08:21 PM by Veho.)
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben

His ears flickered at the sound of thunder being swallowed up by the sky. As the sound of rain drops dripping through the leafy branches echoed around the pair a small breeze whispers through the forest of cedars. He listened quietly to Veho's first until the grey wolf asked which name he preferred to go by.  "Titan's okay with me. Every time I seem to use the alias something goes wrong for me. " The dark Thorben answered truthfully. Too many wolves around the southern eden knew him by name and scent, which unfortunately leads to awkward meetings when he tries using his alias around new wolves and old friends butt in on the conversation.

The dark wolf shifts to one side while glancing back at the storm. The had been a long pause in the thunder which gave Titan a false sense of security for the moment. Then his eyes traveled back down to Veho while the medicine man spoke of the herbs and their placements. Then the other man paused adjusting his gaze to stare up at Titan's own blue orbs. Immediately Titan's ears came forward while his eyes narrow. Iopah had found out the scary way that he didn't like being stared at. That experience had been the first time Titan had truly dominated anybody.  

Then Veho spoke sending a thrill of energy through Titan's legs and back. His fur raised for a moment before flattening once again. "I--  Have come to ask to engage you in a challenge for the rank of fourth.  I wish to be closer to Borden, and Rook, and I--  Wish to have a bit more authority, if I am to become one of the medics among the ranks of Grizzly Hollow," These words didn't put an ounce of fear in the dark Thorben. Instead the energy that pulsed through him was excitement. He kept the males gaze squarely as a long wide smile spread across the shadow coated wolf.

"I wish to be close to Rook as well. " Titan said not knowing the real meaning of those very words spoken by Veho. Rook was a wolf he could most compare himself to, both in morals and by his actions. Titan wanted to consider Rook as his best friend, but with Rook in such a lofty position now he felt the detachment. They were separated somehow, and he wasn't sure how to fix that. Maybe Veho had the right idea? To challenge up the ranks until he was beside Rook? Titan would have to keep that idea locked away for later.

"I also want to be a grand medic, or perhaps a herbalist. Either way working with you would be best, but that doesn't mean I don't like a challenge every once in a while. " Titan smile deepened until all those pearly white fangs of his showed plainly to Veho. Even though it was a smile, it was also an offending gesture. One used to dominate and warn other wolves not to mess with him. "I thoroughly accept your challenge. " Titan lifts himself higher allowing his banner to flare out above his back. Then he snarls deeply and attempts to grab Veho's scruff firmly, but without drawing blood, to push the wolf downwards. Titan's mother had done this to him when he was a pup maybe once or twice when he had been very bad. The dark wolf was unaware of when the storm would release thunder once more. One thing was sure, he would be reminded by nature of what his real fear was, and it would certainly help to determine the outcome of this battle. 

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Titan understood.

The medic could feel his appreciation and respect for the male magnifying in the very moment, bowing his head as he gave a small rumble.  “I am glad to find my healing partner to be such a rational, passionate man,” he admitted, and despite the butterflies morphing into bats in his gut, found himself smiling at the much larger male.  No matter how this particularly confrontation fell out, he felt that they would continue to work together with integrity and actual companionship. @Rook would be proud, he thought to himself, of both of us.  No matter what Titan’s relationship was with their alpha, such cooperation could only elevate him in his opinion.

“You honor me, Titan.  When this is all said and done, we should discuss more pertinent matters, such as herbs and medicines.”

But the time of words was over.  Thunder roared over head, and under cover of the incoming storm, Titan moved as swift as the weather front.  Like a shadow he cut through the air, using size to his advantage as he grappled for Veho’s scruff.  The male hissed softly as he found himself caught, wondering how he’d gotten himself captured him so quickly.  The fight had only just begun!  Alas, the silvery male’s first and only love was medicine, and clearly his opponent had a more diverse background than did he.

Growling softly, Veho attempted to lurch forward and free himself from the younger male’s grip, and found himself without success.  The male tried again to shake Titan out of his ruff, but only found himself pressed closer and closer to the slick mud, feet beginning to slid as the other wolf used his greater weight.

Ancestors preserve me!

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2015, 12:12 AM by Veho. Edit Reason: somehow posted two tables... )
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
ooc: Just to clarify his hit that I rolled for is basically Titan pushing harder against Veho.

Titan had apparently gotten a good hold on the gray brute as he pressed his chest downwards and spread his front legs around Veho. His front claws spread out across the earth slipped between the mud as the pair struggled for a time to keep their positions. Muscle against muscle pushed against each other in an ancient test of wills and endurance. Each wolf a healthy strong male vying for the higher position and the attentions of the alpha. The larger wolf though had the upper hand as his weight begins to slowly yet surely push the gray fellow downwards into the mud. Titan didn't attempt to change his grip or move to get a better grip on the earth. Instead he continued his relentless push on Veho hoping to force the male all the way down to the ground. However mother nature would not allow him to win that easily.

Thunder sounded far off at first. This didn't bother Titan so much as he pushed harder, but a bright flash and a sound like a gunshot above them totally distracted Titan. He let go of Veho's ruff, slipped completely sideways on the mud, and yelped like a little girl before falling towards the wet earth. His tail flicked between his legs as he trips over Veho and a second later Titan fell flat on his face into the mud. The thunder rolled away from them as the dark wolf stumbles to his paws trying to shake the mud off of his face in order to see his surroundings. His heart was hammering against his chest as hard as a hammer strikes an anvil, and the fear was real. Titan was serious now only because he did not want to stay outside for very much longer. The grin was wiped off of his face, and he forces his tail back out from between his legs and upwards once more. The wet mud encrusted banner rose up over his back again while Titan readied himself for an attack from Veho. His left eye was covered over in mud but his right eye could still see well as the dark wolf stared back at Veho.  

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

The symphony of Valkyries drummed overhead, the march growing louder by crashes and roars as the storm moved in on swift wings. The male could not be bothered, snout almost shoved into the mud when @Titan relented all at once. A crack as sharp as a rifle firing echoed overhead and his opponent released him with no warning, leaving the medicine man to right himself quickly, just in time to see the younger wolf slip and fall. He had to bite back a concerned remark – this was a challenge, and stopping to ask the wolf he challenged would give the man an opening, if not be seen as directly insulting.

Tongue in cheek, Veho whirled around on the freshly muddied wolf. His mind raced with possibilities – he had a small size and bulk, and would be unable to replicate the other healer’s attack from only moments earlier. So the wolf went down, instead, fangs bared as he dove for Titan’s left front leg. His intention was to win, not to maim or kill, so the silver wolf did not bite down with his full force when his mouth made contact with the desired limb. Grabbing hold, the older wolf growled as he flattened his hears, protecting the delicate offshoots from retaliation as he began to lift, intention to push Titan off balance. If nature was in his favor, the slick mud would compound his attack and restrict the friction the larger wolf would desperately need to avoid tumbling back down.

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Trying to stretch this out cause we at 8 posts.

Titan flinched at the thunder in the background. At first when he had begun the fight the black wolf had been completely concentrating on Veho and winning. The break in the thunder as well as the lavender hyssop he had gorged on earlier had helped him to tolerate the fact that a storm was brewing overhead. Now though Titan couldn't help but flinch at every lightning flash or thunder crash. As he stared at Veho Titan felt almost as if his own body had slowed down. The older gray male dashed forward and took a firm grip on Titan's left front leg. Titan hobbled sideways as Veho began to lift his leg and pull on it. A sharp growl echoed out from Titan's maw as he tried to counter but felt himself slipping in the mud. He swayed away from Veho first threatening to fall over, but then the dark Thorben scrabbled against mud and earth. He then tilted towards Veho while falling downwards onto the gray wolf.

Titan hadn't expected to fall towards Veho, so his counter attack didn't immediately come after he fell against the gray man. The gray wolfs head was now below his own still attached to his leg. Titan hesitated first before going after Veho's scruff one last time. His teeth connected with the loose folds of skin and fur of the other healer. Then the dark wolf attempted to push Veho downwards once more. Thunder sounded again making him flinch, but this time Titan managed to keep a frightened whine locked up in his fur filled muzzle. He waited like this, with Veho's head pushed down, and would continue to wait like this until Veho showed submission. 

(This post was last modified: Sep 06, 2015, 08:56 PM by Titan.)

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
You can start wrapping it up in your next post, if you like!

Whilst Veho had landed a solid hit upon his opponent’s leg, it seemed fortunate was not truly on his side. The smaller male strained, tail strung out seeking additional balance, but he’d begun to lift and push. At first, the storm was with him, the rain slicking the mud and causing his packmate to slip. The older medic surged onwards, hoisting with all his might, encouraged by what appeared to be the tables turning in his favor. All at once, the male’s weight shifted – whatever @Titan had been doing, he’d stopped falling away and suddenly began to topple towards the smaller male.

It took the medicine man’s mind a few moments to catch on, but by then, it was too late to avoid incoming counterattack. How clever! he managed to think as he sought to release his grip – by then, he felt Titan’s mouth back on his neck. It was not a grip meant to maim, or really even hurt, but it held him in place. Using his mass, the younger healer began to force him down, pushing his snout towards the earth. Veho’s ears swept backwards, instinct insisting he protect them, but he attempted to twist and shake out of the grasp. It was fruitless, and the man could feel his legs splaying outward in the mud under the pressure. One paw was brought back underneath him and the other would slip all the farther.

Growling softly, Veho’s tail lowered by fractions. (If not using it to stay himself, he’d have dropped his flag to a much more submission position, but he thought the dark would would not take it as insult considering the position they were both locked in.) “Alright, alright,” he rumbled, pale eyes bright as ears flicked back forwards. “I am not such a proud man that I do not know when I am beat. This round is yours, Titan,” the older wolf submitted, holding his body still. “Though I enjoyed the challenge, heartily.”