(See All?) Announcements
538 Users Online
Bing, Google

in service of the queen — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 347 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
"Th' list grows," the male sighed, expression sloughing. He'd not been particularly fond of Jynx, finding her a bit too energetic for his tastes, but she had helped bury those of Kisla's litter that had not survived the birth. For that, he could not begrudge her too much, but now that he thought about it, he hadn't seen much of the woman after that. His ears went out to the side as he shook his head. Three. Three missing wolves. He wasn't alpha, these weren't his, but he felt it, all the same. Were they injured? Or were they traitors? Did they need help? Or were they gone of their own will?

A heavy sigh echoed out of the wolf, but the mention of Naia had his expression going flat. He did not get on with the scout – that was obvious to anyone who'd seen either of them after their utter catastrophe of an information gathering at the borders of Broken Timber Pines. He did not wish to work with her again if he could avoid it, but what was he to do in the face of a request?

Kjors shook his head with a grumble, but he did not protest. "As y'wish. Ah've been mostly t' th' west, an' these northern plains. Ain't gone back east yet. Er t' th' mountain. Suppose tha's th' next place t' look," he reasoned, assuming Kisla would take note if he disappeared in the near future, it would be per her decree. "Ah'll come back with better news. Better information." His mouth scrunched, and he tipped his head. "…there somethin' else, Kisla?" There was something hanging in the air, even if he couldn't quite put his paw to it.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
[Image: honeybadgerace.png]
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Naia had brought her concerns forward, regarding Kjors – Maksim, too held reservations for the male. Even Kisla was curious to know what hold he seemed to have on her eldest daughter, she she trusted the judgement of her level-headed child.. for now. It was moments like these where the male reflected his true colors – the concern he revealed for their missing members showed the regal female that he did indeed care for the pack and its well-being.

Yet the mention of the scout’s name closed his features off to a blank façade – and it would seem he held no liking to the River’s lead scout in turn. This was something she hoped to remedy – the wolves of Hearthwood River were a tightly knit family.. and it would not do to have unrest among them.

Little did the Baranski matriarch know of Lachesis’ and Karpos’ own growing distrust of the man before her as well.

Kjors seemed to catch that there was more to the discussion, and her ears flickered back toward her skull, though did not flatten. “There is,” she sighed, her gaze drifting to study his features quietly. “Naia told me of the run in with the pack south of here – the fight,” she offered, feeling Kjors would likely know Naia’s opinion on the entire thing. Perhaps, he would even offer his side of the matter as well. “She is uncertain of you – and I would like to see that remedied. Especially after Gent came to our borders with one of his subordinates.” She paused then, offering a light chuff of disdain. “And you are right – he is heavy handed, and I do not care for him or what his position might mean to the alliance we have formed with Round Stone Crest.” She paused then, knowing she was getting ahead of herself. Fluttering her gaze down to her paws, she continued, hoping to clarify her unease to her companion. He would need to know prior to their departure to see Minka at any rate.

“His informant gave Naia and I an update of recent happenings within their pack – who has recently betrayed them, what news they have. They told me of Tokino’s death – I pretended to be surprised, and offered my condolences. I did not think they knew that an informant was amongst us.” She allowed her gaze to flutter up then, regarding Kjors. “Gent toyed with me then – he mentioned you, and said you knew and were withholding information.. and made the veiled threat that the alliance is to crumble.” Exhaling softly, she found a small smile pulling at her lips. “I do not take veiled threats kindly – but now I worry on how to protect you and this pack if this escalates any further.”

ART COMMISSION BY mangycoyote
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2015, 11:04 AM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
Slowly, tendrils slithered out from the dark pit in Kjors' chest, long restrained and held at bay. Since his scuffle with @Karpos – ill fated as it was – he had settled down with the intent of actually contributing to the pack. It seemed bringing information held little value, and whatever efforts he'd made to add to the cache or strengthen the borders seemed to be overshadowed by the fact that the male members of the pack did not understand him, nor did they seek to. The ropes squeezed against his heart, his ribs constricted into his lungs, and though only his eye read a hint of discomfort, he could feel the walls closing in around him.

This has been a mistake.

Who did he think he was, trying to be a subordinate? A pack wolf? Only because he cared for and associated with @Karina – absolutely nothing else tied him to these grounds. He owed @Kisla some loyalty, but to Maksim, he owed less than nothing. He loved the princesses, had some respect for the prince, but the others could live or could die and his life would go on without change. Why had he bothered?

Ears fell back by fractions and his posture slowly changed, unreadable as his shoulders slumped and tail twitched, jaw tense and eye sparkling. "Kisla, this ain't supposed t' be trouble," he grumbled, knowing well that the whole would come before the one. She had young pups, she still had two of her yearlings, Kjors didn't need to ask to know how it would fall out of @Gent thought to come in swinging. "Do y'want me t' leave, lass? 'cos Ah can do tha'. Ain't doin' so well at this pack thing."

Not for lack of trying. But if he needed to absquatulate, he was best to give himself a head start, and explain to Karina that he was leaving. Abandoning the princess never came to mind – he would put the world at her feet, if that's what she wanted.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

The swarthy male stiffened – her own eyes were sharp upon him, but as much as she would have liked to know his thoughts, he remained a closed wall to her. Her breath rushed out of her nostrils sharply as he suggested to leave, her bright eyes falling upon his own eyes with burning regret that he had even come to consider such a notion.

“That is the last thing I want,” she was quick to reassure, withholding a frown from her slender features, lest the wolf before her take any of her actions incorrectly. “I am being honest because I want you to know what is happening so that we may protect this pack completely – so that we may protect you.” She paused then, her tongue sweeping over her dark lips as she shifted her weight, curious to how he would take her words. “That is not to say you need our protection – but you are pack, and that is family.”

Hearthwood River did not ‘throw’ their members away – least of all the born Tainn, who placed loyalty above all else. She was willing to fight for the wolf before her – but the dragon seemed to unfurl before her – lost with something she did not understand nor know how to fix.

“I would like for you to come with me – as well as Naia, to Round Stone Crest. We will tell Minka what we know.. and we will inform her that we do not take threats to our own kindly.” Because the passive aggressive words of the ebony Crest leader had been taken just as such – and she would not let the issue be passed aside.

ART COMMISSION BY mangycoyote

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson
Reassurances fell upon a stony wall, the swarthy male having already braced himself for the worst. She said no, but did she mean it? His own dam had tried to kill him once in the most cowardly way possible. While Kjors did not suspect the River Queen to be an expert in toxins, he still did wonder if she truly meant the words she gave away so freely. Only a moment ago she was so disappointed in his efforts, efforts the wolf had really, truly meant. It only ended up being a costly affair, not only for him, but the entirety of Hearthwood River.

With ears swept back, his tail hung low without any effort – were he more conscious of himself, the wolf might have been appalled at how seemingly painless. Shifting his weight gingerly, he watched Kisla with his single eye, silent as he tried to digest her words. It didn’t seem real – in what world had a pack ever protected him? His own mother-- And after that, he was young and too proud, finding himself run out by the witch who controlled the King (and stole that man from his mate).

Nodding gingerly, the wolf gave a great huff. “Ah’ll go with ya both,” he agreed, temporarily putting his dislike for Naia aside. The discomfort was mutual – he did not care for her outgoing nature, and she cared little for his reserved stature in turn. All the same, he would go with Kisla to seek out the Crest queen and put an end to this foolish saga. “Jes’ tell me when,” Kjors murmured, gathering himself up. “Sorry fer th’…Sorry, Ah suppose. Ah’ll see myself off.”

And with that, the dragon departed, wishing to sort out the rest of this in peace.

Exit.