606 Users Online
Nadine, Bing, Google, Adora, Magg, Miriam

going on to decide for us — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
For @Rook and @Oula
Backdated to 8/17, immediately after this thread.

“Don’t worry, the pack grounds aren’t much further,” Veho assured his traveling companion.  Afterwards, he picked his mouthful of honeycomb back up and resumed his steady jog, weaving his way through the familiar cedar trees.  The scent of Grizzly Hollow was slowly becoming stronger, and once within several wolf’s lengths, he drew to a slow halt.  Once @Oula had joined his side, the medicine man set down his prize and licked his lips, cleaning the sticky gold from his lips with a please smile.  It was a shame, he thought, that his new acquaintance would probably need all of it to cure her skin, but he would not rob her of the medicine she needed.  To be fair, it was also the female’s ingenuity that had won them the bees’ sweet sugar in the first place, and if anyone should get to enjoy the honey as a tasty little snack, it was her.  

Perhaps I will fetch some for Rook later, he thought to himself before glancing over his shoulder.

Offering the woman a small nod, he rocked his head back and tipped his light muzzle to the canopy.  A howl went up, summoning the lord and leader of this land.  There was no urgency in his voice, for he did not wish to alarm his dear friend, but it was a request all the same.  If the man put his nose to the wind, he would likely be able to scent the musk of a stranger on his borders, and hopefully for this reason, he would join them quickly.

All the same, he bowed his head towards his patient. “I am sure Gaheris will be along soon.  In the mean time – how is your leg feeling?  Has the itching ceased?”

(This post was last modified: Sep 06, 2015, 02:41 PM by Veho.)
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark

Pale paws marched over the cedar-needle strewn floor, keeping Oula right behind her guide through this unfamiliar land. Oula grunted in affirmation as Merlin reassured her they would soon arrive at his pack's territory. She was cautiously optimistic, if the white rogue was in the area surely the pack's leader would know it.

Her pale green eyes danced between the cedars, expecting the Grizzly Hollow wolves would have noticed their bold approach right up to the border, but instead finding that she and Merlin were quite alone out here. She had expected someone would have intercepted their noisy route by now, but no one had. As they stopped at the border Oula noted it was clearly marked, but what would a little scent do to deter someone with ill intentions? She could have forgiven the fact that no one had intercepted them, but it was almost alarming that there was no sentinel at the border, and instead Merlin nonchalantly tipped his head back and called for their leader. It was worrying, Oula wouldn't dare attack the kindly healer but the opportunity was still there.

She had heard about these smaller packs, little families less inclined in the ways of war and easily engulfed by territorial disputes by their more organized and aggressive neighbors, but she hadn't ever encountered one. Oula hadn't encountered much of anything, only able to soak up the tales of her more experienced comrades while she was stuck at home hunting and watching the cubs. She was eager for the experience this trip could give her, and was still excited meet Gaheris.

Oula flicked a small brown ear towards Merlin as he inquired about her rash. She gently set down the comb at her paws as she sat down, running her tongue over her lips in an attempt to clear the sticky honey from her maw. "It's better, yes. It still itches a little, but a lot less than it used to." She said, her gaze bouncing between Merlin and the border as she waited in anticipation for the leader's arrival.

(This post was last modified: Sep 07, 2015, 02:02 AM by Oula.)
[Image: oula_by_becuffin-dbafpqr.png]
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Rook had been lingering about Veho's bank-borne infirmary when the medic's howl summoned him away. At first his head only came up, his ears twitching as he thought of all the possibilities as to why Merlin would call. The brute's mottled body lifted from the bed of pine needles just outside the den entrance and, with a shake of his coat, he was on his way. As cautious as he was - surely, the aspiring Medic's voice had caught any number of open ears on this part of Grizzly Hollow - he went about a zig-zag path, stopping every now and again to lift his head and tail while he assessed his surroundings. When he finally came upon the familiar figure of his partner accompanied by a woman, he kept his distance, adjusting his stance as to hold himself proudly before them. His mismatched eyes went from one to the other, his nostrils flaring once or twice as a list of situations and maladies formed in his mind.

"Merlin," he addressed the older man with a small smile and a wag of his lofty tail. "Miss..." He gave the stranger a rather amiable nod, though the simper on his face had hardened a bit. It would take quite a bit to keep himself from judging them. If Merlin had thought her to be trustworthy or the agreeable type, he ought to keep his mind open.

He cleared his throat quietly, bowing his muzzle down once before lifting his head back up in an assertive manner. "How can I help?" While he had noticed the strange bits of honeycomb they had brought, he made no mention of it, wanting to hear them out first.

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Seeing his patient settle, Veho decided to do the same, settling his haunches near the woman. His tail swept in slow arcs behind him, ears swiveling as she informed him of her progress. Already the honey was starting to have a soothing effect – the medic gave a pleased nod, humming softly through his nose. “Good. I am glad to hear it. The effect will only strengthen in coming days – before you know it, your skin will be healed, your fur will start to grow back, and you will never even know you’d had mange at all.”

Soon, the lord of the lands made his arrival and the medicine man quickly returned to his feet, bowing his head in reverence for the masked wolf before them. “Gaheris,” he greeted the younger wolf. My love, he didn’t say, allowing his pale eyes instead to speak for him. The sentiment was not long dwelled upon, for Rook’s attention was already on their visitor, and he inclined his head in the woman’s direction.

“This is Oula. I met her while collecting herbs, and treated a small rash,” he hummed, sparing his new companion the embarrassment of discussing mange. Truly, it wasn’t much Rook’s business, as long as she kept the honey on it, she’d not be spreading it to anyone else. “As it turns out, she is a very athletic wolf! Got the honeycomb down from a tree limb herself. But that is not why I brought her here – she is seeking a fugitive. I had thought you may be able to offer some insight – and perhaps refuge?”

I thought Grizzly Hollow may benefit from knowledge of dangerous wolves and noble allies.

Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark

Oula nodded as Merlin explained how quickly the ailment would be gone, her tail swishing a few optimistic wags. She looked forward to the day she would be rid of the itching ugly scabs.

Her attention shifted as a masked male finally made his way through the Cedarwood towards them. His proud stance and lofty tail made it easy to discern he was the leader here, and Merlin's utterance of his name confirmed it. Oula rose to her feet, keeping her tail low with its tip curved slightly inward as to not cause offence. Allowing Merlin to introduce her, she was quietly thankful that he glossed over the details of her diagnosis. Her lips twitched in quiet amusement that her bee-catching exploits were worth sharing.

"Gaheris, sir, a pleasure to meet the leader of Grizzly Hollow," Oula said, dipping her neck down and slightly bending her elbows as was proper, her gaze settled towards the leader's paws. "What your medic said is true, if you will allow me a moment to explain," She said as she straightened slightly, her pale green eyes moving back up towards his face, finally noticing his mixed color eyes. An odd trait, but nothing to linger on when there were more important matters.

"I was sent by my battalion to apprehend a wolf who had killed one of our own without cause. I do not know her name, but she is quite distinctive in appearance. Not much larger than myself, but her coat is pure white, and her eyes vibrant blue." She paused, searching Gaheris' face for any hint of recognition. As the words left her mouth she was beginning to wonder if she was on a fool's errand. She hadn't had a single sign of the woman's existence in months, not since that damned thunderstorm.

"As it stands, she has continued to elude me. I last caught sign of her in the tundra leading into this region, but nothing since then..." Oula finished, loathe to admit so much that she simply didn't know.

(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2015, 12:42 AM by Oula. Edit Reason: table bork )
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

The light-pelted woman was named Oula and, thanks to Merlin, she had just been treated for a rash (perhaps that explained the bits of beehive but Rook couldn't be entirely sure). Not only was she polite and respectful, but she mentioned being apart of a battalion - something to do with militant wolves which Rook and his family knew nothing about - and that she had been sent to apprehend someone, specifically a white wolf (initially the Leader had tensed upon hearing this) with vivid blue eyes. Had Oula not mentioned eye color, Rook might not have been so lenient; between Jaysyek, Piety, and his Relic Lore-borne sisters, he hoped to spare them the woman's interrogations. He shook his head in reply.

"There are no such wolves here," he disclosed. "White-furred, perhaps, but not with blue eyes. If you've come with Merlin in search of sanctuary, though, I'm willing to let you stay." His tone lowered to a degree where his words could have been heavy and wary on the ears, weighted with a warning that would hopefully keep her in his good favor, "Search all you'd like in the surrounding areas, request for Merlin for whatever treatment your require, but what trouble you bring here will be your responsibility. We do not yet have the support of trained Guardians or Lookouts or Sentries; we are mostly family and we commonly share a want for peace."

His ears cupped forward, another subtle nod of his head finally offering his perspective on the matter, "Though, we do respect what is right and lawful and, for that, you have my support. I've been in such a predicament once albeit on the other end of the spectrum, but I hope you have better luck than I had. I'm sorry for your loss."

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Ah, what manners! Where Merlin left off, @Oula picked up flawlessly, her small display of respect noted as she began to explain her predicament. It had been the medic’s great hope that the young alpha would be able to provide the wandering soldier with some modicum of information, though the forest of Relic Lore was vast and wild. There was a distinct possibility that the fugitive had never even crossed into these woods, though for his companion’s sake, he hoped the situation was not quite that dismal.

His gaze shifted to Rook, ears swiveling as he identified quickly the seriousness in his partner’s tone. The alpha wore the crown of duty well when it suited him, and often the pack benefited from his careful decisions. Keeping his mouth shut, he glanced between the pair of others – while he was pleased his lord was willing to allow investigation and even sanctuary, he prayed that the lack of information did not enervate Oula. She seemed so desperate to find this woman – perhaps it was the only way she knew how to find closure. It would be wrong to pry into the circumstances, or what the deceased had meant to the trooper, but a wolf without a cause as a miserable one indeed. Had Veho not been in a similar state not so long ago.

Once Gaheris’ offer had been made and his condolences extended, the older male cleared his throat to speak once more. “I would hazard that you would make a fine addition to Grizzly Hollow, Oula – as my lord has said, we lack individuals trained such as yourself, and would benefit from the knowledge you might share. I would be happy to call you my packmate,” Veho insisted gently, his grey eyes searching the female. “But I want you to know that my assistance does not hinge on your acceptance of this invitation. If you do not feel this is right for you, know that you are more than welcome to seek me if ever you need me, regardless of the outcome of our meeting here.”

Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark
@Rook 

Oula's attention was fully fixed on the leader of the Hollow, her small brown ears tuned forward hoping Gaheris would impart to her some sort of lead in her quest. She was optimistic, where a medic might not have the answers, their alpha surely must. The words that came next from Gaheris' lips were yet another setback. Her bated breath slipped, leaving as a soft sigh from her muzzle. The only other mark of disappointment on the Whitebark woman was the downward twitch of her ears, the corners of her lips pulled taught in apprehension. She had to remind herself it was only a setback. She sat patiently as Gaheris continued, providing her with an offer of sanctuary and a warning all wrapped up in one. Her rounded head bobbed up and down in firm agreement. This was a mission for her alone, and she wouldn't dare bring trouble to this pack's doorstep. Oula's fur uncomfortably shifted as Gaheris finished with a platitude. She rejected the thought that it was explicitly her loss.

Her gaze turned to Merlin as vouched that she would fit well within their ranks, though her treatment did not hinge on an acceptance. She silently considered the option that had been placed before her, sage green eyes returning briefly towards Gaheris as she made up her mind. "I will accept your gracious offer to remain with your pack. I cannot say how long... Should I catch my quarry's trail again, I have little choice but to follow, though I do not intend to vanish into thin air unexpectedly. But I swear I will not allow my mission to place any of your pack within harms way." She explained. "I hope one day call myself a guardian, something I would have no right to if I allow others to be hurt along the way. If I may, I would continue to hone my skills in the protection of your pack." She offered, a hopeful look breaking through her rigid demeanor with a swish of her short tail.

Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

She accepted and, upon hearing her terms and what she vowed to do. To Rook, it was nearly no different than the plea that he had proposed to the Leaders of Cut Rock River. She said she would keep the family out of harm's way and he believed her. He trusted her.

"We would appreciate having you," he extended, "Usually I like to give a tour, let you see firsthand where everything is, but I'll allow Merlin that pleasure when you're able and ready." There was something like a sly smile that was cast in the Healer's direction with a dip of his muzzle. "In the meantime, I'll leave you to it; I'm also sure that maybe one of our Scouts might like to help out if you need them."

"If there's anything else that you require, just let us know," with that he turned, looking back briefly as if to signal the duo to follow him inside the borders, then departing without prying anymore information out of them. Veho knew what he was doing and, at this point of their... relationship (if they could even consider it that), Rook knew that Oula would be fine. She posed no threat and, with her condition, she was likely to remain within Grizzly Hollow for a while before venturing out in search of her white-furred, blue-eyed murderer.

Only once, did he pause behind a tree, to steal one glance at the pair, to look upon Veho with longing eyes. If he could trust Oula, he should be able to trust his own partner (it wasn't as though Rook had required him to be monogamous or anything of the like - Rook, frankly, wasn't - but he could rely on the Medic to not, say, run off with her)... that the relationship that had come from their chance meeting was mostly professional.

(Exit.)