(See All?) Announcements
525 Users Online
Google, Bing

Bad Kids — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>wow, i'm dumb. RIGHT ACCOUNT THIS TIME. >_></li></ul></span>To say that he was outraged would lying. He was furious. How dare he be shoved away from the puppies. How dare they treat him like a menace when he had the puppies best interest in mind. How dare they treat him as if he were a savage, like he was going to hurt their puppies. Hypocrites! Heathens! Infidels! Kiche paced back and forth in front of the den, veering angrily each time he got to the end time, snapping his jaws. It was like no one understood him! Did he live in a world where everyone spoke a different language? What was it he wasn't getting. Those puppies <i>needed</i> him, they needed him a hell of a lot more than they needed their damn "mother" who was little better than a death sentence.

More than anything, though, he felt that he needed to talk with Borden. Alone. Borden needed to hear about what had happened at the den, why Jayse and that black <i>thing</i> were being so vicious to him. It was all completely unwarranted, and Kiche needed to know that there was justice in this damn place. While Kiche did not like it, he knew that on some level he would have to give his trust to someone in this cult besides Aisling, and Borden was the only other candidate. Only he had shown any real interest in Kiche, and he had been smart enough to ask for his help raising the puppies. Kiche would just have to make him understand how vital he was to their survival, to their acceptance into heaven. And if there was no justice in this place, well, then the puppies weren't safe. Something could happen to them.

All those every ounce of his soul screamed in revolt, Kiche knew he had to do it. Slowly, tentatively, he raised his head and parted his jaws. An awkward, round, but lofty sound rose out of his mouth, asking for Borden. He tried very hard to inject his message, his intent, his need into the howl, but he was lost. He had no idea what he was doing, and frankly it sounded nothing like the howl he had seen Aisling do, or the howls he had heard of other wolves. Would Borden come? Kiche began to worry as the minutes ticked by, and he began pacing once more with a renewed anxiety and vigor.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 20, 2011, 12:19 AM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<i>O O C | Oh, dangggg... sorry. D: I almost forgotted 'bout this; Borden, in my head, is still caught up in the birthing thread. /fail. I'm assuming this is a lil' bit after "Fierce Grace"?</i>

<blockquote>Borden, upon being summoned away from the hollowed tree that Jayse had chosen, sighed and began to pace off toward the sound of the light howl. Gazing about, he emerged from behind a tree, to discover that Kiche had been the one to request his company. <i>Great...</i> Drawing a deep breath, he stepped toward the ginger male. With each stride, he straightened himself, puffing out his chest and sternly gazing at Kiche with cold jade eyes. He stopped a few feet before him.

<b>"What?"</b> he huffed. <b>"What do you want?"</b>

Everything about the leader showed he was on edge, from the harshness of his tone to the tenseness of his posture. At this point in time, he merely wanted to be at Jayse's disposal, to tend to her every need. Obviously, he couldn't do that when he was nowhere near. <b>"Make it quick,"</b> he then barked. As far as he was concerned, his time was precious. If he had to be away from his mate, he ought to be hunting, not tending to the pack's lowest-ranking wolf.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>yeah, like maybe two or three days. going to say this is after he run's vlar off.</span></li></ul>A gruff, impatient voice stopped Kiche in his tracks. He cast a glance over his shoulder and felt a twinge of fear when he noticed the short tempered look on the heathen's face. His tone stung like a bee, and Kiche suddenly wondered if he had made a mistake. This was not the face of justice or understanding or interest. This was the face of a heathen who did not give a damn for all the world that his puppies were in danger or that Kiche had been mistreated. It was disappointing, crushing, to see that he had perhaps overestimated Borden's intelligence and character. Even more disappointing was the fact that Kiche was disappointed at all. He shouldn't have wanted to trust the heathen, and he shouldn't have even tried. Because now it meant standing before those restless, unconcerned eyes, unsure of where to begin or what to say. Any of the thoughts he had previously collected were scattered to the wind like scraps of paper.

Yet, he had to do something, didn't he? For some reasons beyond him, he had an urge to roll over onto his back. Like that intruder had done. Just roll over, be as unoffensive as possible. While he abhorred the very idea, he knew his situation was precarious, and it called for drastic measures. His puppies were more important than himself. He was expendable in the grand scheme of things. And this was precisely why he slowly walked over to Borden, tail between his legs, and turned his world upside down.

From where the ginger saint lay on the ground, staring up at Borden's chin, he said quietly, "<b>Borden, I don't understand what I did to Jayse</b>"— names of course where very important here— "<b>I don't understand what I did wrong. There was a... a wolf outside the borders a few weeks back, and I ran her off because she had come into our land. And. Maybe I was just harsh, but I was just trying to protect the pack.</b>" Oh, lying was so wrong, but he was so good at it. Although, most of it was the truth, he only had to stretch it a little to make it fit. "<b> And then I was. I was punished.</b>" He flicked a copper ear that had been torn to shreds by the white heathen's tooth, pinning it and the other one back against his head. "<b>I'm not... I'm not saying Jayse was... wrong for what she did, but I don't understand it, and no one ever explained it to me. And I'm worried, now. Worried that she'll hate me, that she'll never let me anywhere near your children. I only wish to offer them my guidance, my advise. I am looking out for their wellbeing. Please, Borden, can you talk to her?</b>"

Well, that was the best he could do.
</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>The Grizzly Hollow leader waited for Kiche to speak, spending up whatever what tolerance he had left. He watched as the younger male folded before him, rolling over to reveal his vulnerable underside. Okay, perhaps an <span class='word'>iota</span> of attention wouldn't hurt... Kiche didn't waste a moment to set things straight, and Borden attentively listened. For all Borden knew, the pious member of his pack was desperate to prove himself.

He mentioned Jayse and how he didn't understand, and how he had successfully warded off a wayward intruder a while ago, something that was absolutely new to Borden's ears. If it hadn't been for his pups' safety, Borden would have scolded Kiche for turning away a potential pack member. Instead, however, the hard stare in the Lyall's face softened and he gave him an approving nod. <i>"Maybe I was harsh,"</i> he had said, <i>"but I was just trying to protect the pack."</i>

Then Kiche stated that he was punished, and Borden's forehead wrinkled. <i>What?</i> He continued again without pause, repeating how he couldn't comprehend his pack mate's reactions to his deeds. He worried and he pleaded for his superior to talk to his mate...

Borden sighed. <i>This was what he was called for?</i> He shook his head at first, gazing down his nose at Kiche. <b>"Kiche,"</b> he addressed him by name in a tone quite opposite of the one he had initially used. <b>"I... I'm sorry about all that. I..."</b> He averted his gaze and blinked a few times as he thought of what to say. He hadn't explained his plan about Kiche to Jayse just yet and wondered how to go about it now that the puppies were here. <b>"Certainly, I'll talk to her... We... or... I understand that you only want to help, always have, and I know you are looking out for them... which is something I thoroughly appreciate."</b> He tilted his head quietly, glancing back down, <b>"If anything though, I apologize for not specifically saying that I'd like you to help out when the pups grow older. Right... Right now they need their mother and no one else."</b> He paused, thinking hard of what to say, <b>"Tell you what... Just... Give them time. Before you know it, they'll come scampering to you. Jayse and I might not want you near them now, but soon enough, they'll be absolutely curious about the world around them and to keep them from the world will become futile. When their eyes open and they start to question everything, <i>that's when</i> you'll be allowed to spend time with them. I'll see what I can do to make things work. What do you think?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>oh lulz this is a really dark side of kiche.</span></li></ul><i>Excellent.</i>

A wild, ravenous pleasure flared inside of him. It appeared he had struck a cord, a beautiful, resonating cord. And Borden was eating it up. An inward, devious smile contorted Kiche's heart. <i>Excellent.</i> At no point had Borden's face hardened with anger or disbelief. He didn't even interrupt. He <i>listened</i>, really listened. <i>Perhaps he is of some use, after all.</i> From where he lay on the ground, Kiche could not really make out most of the changes in facial expression, but if he had been able to he would have danced with glee. Slowly, very slowly, he felt the cult-leaders soul being wrapped around his paw as he spoon-fed him. Like a silly, stupid, misguided child he took the bait as if it were candy. While Borden might have been one of the smarter heathens that Kiche had met, he was by no means bright at all, it appeared.

The apology was like angel song, a heavenly melody that ran shivers all along his spine. He waited anxiously for Borden to continue, although it appeared as if he was hesitating with something. <i>Out with it, savage! Out with it! Don't stand there flapping your jaw uselessly at me. Cough it up!</i> Eventually, the rest of what Borden intended to say climbed up his throat and scrambled out of his mouth, one by one. It was difficult and over all very painful to listen to, although Kiche was not surprised. Not being able to get close to the pups right now was certainly rough —more so for the puppies than Kiche— but he had been prepared for such setbacks. He kept a straight face as he looked back up at Borden. Poker face.

Imagining how much work he would have to undo, though, was daunting. How long would it be until he would be able to see the pups? A month? How much could they learn in that period of time? How much devil-magic and heathen practices could they have been taught? Would it be difficult to condition them? It would have been so much easier to just start from scratch, but <i>no</i>, the heathens insisted on being difficult. But Kiche couldn't argue. That would definitely tear all his work apart. Sighing like Borden had done, Kiche replied, "<b>Alright, Borden.</b>" Lie. "<b>You're right, they need their mother.</b>" Lie. "<b>I'll wait.</b>" Another Lie. He slowly hefted himself to his feet, smiling for all the world as if Borden were his best friend. Trying not to scream out in disgust, he reached out with his muzzle to lick the underside of Borden's chin as he had seen some heathen do at the cult meeting before. It was very hard to quell the need to retch, afterwards.

"<b>Have you thought of any names for the little ones, yet?</b>" He added, to keep the conversation going. He was curious, of course, as to what kind of names the pups would be given. Heathen names?
</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>The rugged Lyall listened as Kiche agreed. This, Borden thought, went down smoother than he had originally anticipated. While he ought to have been suspicious to some degree, he ultimately believed Kiche was beginning to understand how the pack was managed. The ginger male rolled over and stood up with a delighted grin. What happened next, took the masked leader by surprise. Kiche had given him a sign, a token, of respect.

Borden eyed him quietly before replying, <b>"Jayse has, yes..."</b> It had just occurred to him that the others in the pack, aside from Elettra, were not aware of the Lyall puppies' names. <b>"Prosper, Hocus, and Trisden..."</b> He spoke their names slowly; he, too, was rather curious, specifically about what Kiche thought of them. Truthfully, he thought they were unique and vocally different from one another, each syllable strong on the tongue and teeth when spoken.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>can end this soon, if you want<3</li></ul></span>

Well, the names sounded... passable. Or at least, the first and last did. The second name seemed to snag on his ear as it floated past, catching and fraying in an attempt to get away. Hocus? Such a name reeked of <i>hocus pocus</i>, <i>abra-kadabra</i>, and all that devil-magic rot. <i>Hocus</i> That simply wouldn't do, although it wasn't as if he could just announce his displeasure at the moment, or even at all. Neither of the heathen parents would take kindly to his dissent. Kiche resolved to find a whole new name for this young pup, a secret name that he would call this little soul. But why stop at just one pup? He could rechristen all three of them, and it would be their little secret. Instead of Prosper, Hocus, and Trisden, they could be Elijah, Christian, and Guinevere.... that is... assuming the last one was a girl. Trisden seemed rather unisex, but there were hints of femininity in it's sound. Well, <i>that</i> certainly wouldn't do.

He pretended he had been mulling over their names in the silence that had fallen between them. "<b>Two boys... and a girl?</b>" Really, it was a poor idea, handing out unisex names like candy. Perhaps they were all girls, for really he had no idea. The heathens could be so stupid as to mix names about just for fun, just to spite God. "<b>They sound just delightful,</b>" he added with a delicate smile.

</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Borden nodded with a quiet smile. <b>"Two boys and a girl,"</b> he echoed. <b>"And I'm glad you think so."</b> He exhaled before glancing back to where the gnarled tree stood, hidden away from view by scattered trees and a good amount of distance in-between here and there. Glancing back to Kiche he offered, <b>"Well, I'm glad we've settled this and that you understand the present circumstances. If you'll excuse me though, I'll be needing to head back to Jaysyek. If..."</b> He hesitated a moment, but decided against it. <b>"If you need anything else just call..."</b> Now that they were on seemingly good terms, he figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it. He started walking back down the path he had taken but stopped and cast a few more parting words to the Hollow's low-ranking member. <b>"Just remember: patience..."</b>

<i>{Presto.}</i></blockquote>