(See All?) Announcements
596 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven, Hazelnut

Sometimes fight is better than flight — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
@Astraeus Here you go!  I just noticed that Aeus isn't in the RSC ranks any more, so how about we backdate this to 7/24 (assuming he was still in the ranks then)?

Morning, thunder nearby

Today Cessair was thinking about battle. The recent news that a stranger had broken into pack territory surprised the peaceable woman when she heard it. She worried at first that something similar could happen in her presence, and she would have no choice but to respond. A small size and slender build lent itself well to fleeing, but an intruder would require a fight. Even the idea of engaging in battle with another wolf terrified Cessair, for in all her years it was something she had never had to do. It was with these thoughts festering that her king announced the necessity of defensive training for all subordinates.

And today Cessair was finally going to muster up the courage to seek that required lesson. She knew she wouldn't like the activity and she'd be bad at it, but it was for the good of the pack, after all. Astraeus's scent grew stronger as Cessair sought out her packmate. He must be nearby now. Unenthusiastically, she lifted her muzzle a little and was about to issue a bark when a distant rumble of thunder shook above the mountains. The foreboding sound did nothing to encourage Cessair in her quest for unwanted skill development. When the rumbling faded, the small woman steeled herself and barked a summons. She didn't like demanding another's time and she still wasn't confident in her ability to learn this new skill, but she knew she would have to stop running eventually. Today Cessair would learn to fight.

(This post was last modified: Sep 22, 2015, 05:04 PM by Cessair.)
Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
Apologies for the short post love! Also, I just got lazy and his profile expired- he's still clinging to the Crest! XD

Aeus was having a splendid morning. He had risen early and spent an hour to himself before heading off to his duties. The birds and foxes kept him company as he had a mental break. A few hours after the sun rose, he set off to the border to do patrol. Per usual, nothing had changed. Not a paw print he saw that wasn't familiar. The seclusion of the mountains was both a pro and con. Yes, it was lonely- but he also didn't have to worry about the safety of the pack. Just another thing to have to deal with. He told himself, shooing away the desire to meet new people.

A few concerned barks broke him from his wandering thoughts. A voice that wasn't as familiar as Raela or Gent's. As he found his way through the lush green leaves, a lighter form began to build. Ah, Cessair! He didn't know much about the quiet woman, only that she was part of the Crest. "Splendid morning Ms.Lux!" He smiled brightly, taking a seat at the edge of the clearing. "How can I help you today?" He already assumed she was here for a lesson on fighting- Gent had given a rough run-through of what to expect.

Word Count: 250

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2015, 04:40 AM by Astraeus. Edit Reason: Badass new table!!! )
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this!  Hopefully, now that I've settled into my new schedule at college, I'll be better about posting...

The very amiable greeting that sounded in response to Cessair's call put her a little more at ease. Not having taken the time to get to know Astraeus, the timid Crest second didn't know what to expect from her packmate, though he appeared to be in a pleasant mood today. "Thanks, and a good morning to you too!" Cessair followed the dark man's example and sat down, trying her best to drink in the peace of the morning as she explained her mission. But peace was hard to find as long as the rumbling thunder continued to loom.

"Per Gent's request, I've come seeking defensive training. I'm afraid I have no skill in this area, but I would be grateful if you could spare a little time to teach me some basics." No going back now. If Astraeus agreed to help, as Cessair was confident he would, she would have to learn to fight. Really, it was almost surprising how long the wandering woman had managed to survive without once needing to engage in combat. Cessair had previously been content to continue in her ignorant inability, but now she was part of a pack and had packmates to defend.  How much had changed in the pale little wolf since she joined Black Thorn Downs those months ago! Cessair was still Cessair, of course, but her entire rhythm of life grew quite altered.  For once, she had a chance to be useful to others, and she was learning to revel in the joy of a job well done. It made the more uncomfortable tasks such as this one a little more bearable.