(See All?) Announcements
492 Users Online
Bing, Finley

the world isn't just a thought — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Once the woman was inside and comfortable, the older wolf followed suit, squinting his eyes against the pounding rain as he slipped into the den after her. While the medical cache was small, really made for storage more than living, there was still enough room for two slender wolves in the burrow. Veho carefully tucked himself up, doing his best to disturb his new companion as little was possible while he wrapped his tail around his haunches and tucked his paws beneath his chest. “You’re fine,” he assured the white witch, offering a small smile before shaking out his rough.

They would be here a while, it seemed, the rain continuing to provide a steady rhythm against the earth. Not for the first time, the healer was pleased with the small lip at the front of the den – today, it sheltered its inhabitants from a flash stream pouring inside and welling up in the modest abode. He’d half dozed off when Dove spoke up again, and the male tipped his head to one side, offering a short nod. “Yes, I’m the medic. Or, a medic, I should specify. There is another, I’ve been told – his name is Titan, a longtime friend of Rook’s, I believe, though I have not met him personally, I’m sure he is a fine fellow. Rook keeps the best of company.”

Except me, his mind whispered traitorously, gut churning at the thought of stolen kisses and hushed whispered.

Shaking off the twisting thoughts, his ears fluttered forward as he reached out to give the female an affection nudge. It was the briefest of touches, nose pulling back as he gave a short not. “You don’t have to decide right now, friend. You’ve only just joined Grizzly Hollow – I was recruited as a medic, as my family began my training as a medicine man when before I even reached my majority. I am sure all Rook expects of you is to contribute, bring food, or strengthen the borders. Choosing a field will come, in time. If you think you know what direction you wish to go, I encourage you to follow. I will assist in any way I can,” the man murmured softly, resting his jaws against his paws. “You simply need to say the word, my friend, and I am yours to command.”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
"You're fine."

In another time those words would have comforted her so sweetly. She would have fallen asleep to those words curled up in a familiar den with familiar warmth. Instead she was with a mostly unknown male and no matter how hard she tried the warmth in here wouldn't comfort her. In fact the broken dove liked to think that the rain had more comforting warmth than here.

"I would like to think that, that Rook keeps the best of company. Everyone here seems rather gentle." Which means I won't be broken again... soft thoughts drifting through a blank mind inside of a young woman. She would have said more to @Veho if to just get her thoughts out but she didn't want to burden him with her troubles even more. While Rook and the man she was with now may have been the only ones to know of any struggles she had, Piety felt as though two was already two to many. Yet the still purest parts of her heart wanted to trust Veho with herself entirely. He seemed to be almost more gentle than Rook had been in the pale female's time of need.

The words of her not having to choose right now seemed to comfort her more than anything in that moment. A part of the weight on her shoulders lightly lifted. Although while the weight on her shoulders was gone it would still plague her mind for time to come. "I appreciate it, Veho." Nodding softly towards her ghostly companion her eyes hung heavy against her pale face. "I think I'd like to just sleep the rain out, p-perhaps after we can talk more." Piety knew if she could she'd try to slip out the den before Veho would awake, that was if she didn't out sleep him. Closing her eyes softly she let herself warm up her corner of the den.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Careful not to encroach upon Piety’s personal space, the male gave another bob of his head. The medical den was large enough for the two of them, and while he might be curled up a bit more than he would otherwise, it was no great strain to share his shelter with the white woman while they waited out the storm. As the lithe woman wrapped herself up in her corner, the medic offered her one final nod. “You may stay as long as you wish,” he murmured, and left it at that. There was no reason to push it any further. As Dove curled up to get her rest, the male turned in upon himself.

After wiggling about and adjusting his weight once, the gray wolf settled his head upon the dry floor of his den. Outside the rain hummed, but he could not help but smile, ever pleased to have been able to assist his new packmate. That was what Grizzly Hollow was, wasn’t it? It was a sanctuary for those who needed it, and a haven for like-minded individuals looking to do well in the world. Ah, @Rook, he thought fondly, mind drifting immediately to the masked male, you’re the friend who has brought me here. Thanks to you, I am at one with the gods.

How else to serve his Ancestors, but by doing good to others. Another satisfied sigh fell softly from dark lips, and Veho allowed pale eyes to slowly drift shut. There was nothing to do but wait out the rain, and his new friend had the right idea. The earth would be replenished, now was the time to sleep.

Fade.

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]