(See All?) Announcements
537 Users Online
Google

ghosts that we knew — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
Craw grinned at Wraith's remark, all bloody teeth, jerking his head slightly to swing the dangling strip of intestine into his mouth. The doe had lost all her fight; deep into shock, her heart still beat but it wouldn't for long. Her limbs were still, but they would twitch when she finally entered her death throes.

"Yes," Craw agreed, swiping his tongue down under his chin to clear some of the blood gathering there. "I can see us running together on the road to greatness. My pack can always more skilled members," he said, after swallowing his mouthful of flesh. The doe gasped, her eyes empty, and then shuddered, her corpse twitching. Craw placed a paw on her shoulder to keep her from moving too much, nonplussed by the convulsions, calmly watching Wraith. Would the confidence he saw in the black wolf persist after their victory, after his stomach was full? There were two days yet to determine which was the fluke - this impressive kill, or the oblivious crash which had brought about their introduction.

"Will you follow me?"
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
Wraith's tongue lolled from his mouth, swiping across his muzzle occasionally as he listened. Already what he'd eaten had done much to restore his vigor and clear his mind. He laughed softly at the compliment, appreciative of Craw's energy. The success had gone to both of their heads, he supposed. The question of joining him had the black male falling quiet.

Their destination was similar. He had hoped to run far enough South to escape the ghosts from the Highlands. Hadn't he been hoping for a second chance? A chance to make right what he'd done? Of course, Wraith knew he couldn't bring back the lives he'd lost. But perhaps...doing good for another family would help balance it out.

Craw had mentioned northern wolves were hardy due to the unforgivable terrain. That must mean the South was kinder to its wolves as well and perhaps the winter wasn't quite so furious. A new life, a new home, new family? It sounded like exactly what he needed. Wraith had been raised in a large, loving family. Being without that as a loner was no life for him at all. Being alone let the ghosts in. Since he'd been around Craw, they encroached on his thoughts far less than usual.

The decision was made then.

"I will."
[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
Feel free to archive, or reply first then archive :) The link for that is at the top right of the first post, just under the 'new reply' link. Then claim your first LP! :D
oh and as an fyi it looks like your table has borked on the first page of the thread? Though it might be my tablet rendering thinks wonky

Something hot and primal and satisfying ignited in Craw's chest at those two simple words. It had been so long since he had experienced them, had so neatly accomplished the task he had been trained for. The task he had gotten so good at, his father had tried to remove him from it. Well, look at him now. Fallen from high, stripped down to his barest elements, and here he was with the strength to do it all again.

If Craw had to start from scratch, then so be it.

At Wraith's words of support, Craw leaned towards him to briefly and gently grab at the man's muzzle between his jaws, a sign of acceptance. It would not be his call to make, ultimately, but Craw expected that his recommendation would go a long way with Morganna. And this was more significant than just adding another male to the willow pack's ranks, anyway.

A content rumble in his chest, Craw let go and resumed their feast, the doe now still, eyes wide with the dead memory of terror.
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]