(See All?) Announcements
637 Users Online
Magg, Google, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia, Bing

The Devil — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
@Narimé only.

Nina was quick to make her way away from her pack mates, ensuring that each of them had something to do while she spoke with Narimé in private. While she would have loved to have Ash with them, Nina thought that it would be best brought up to Nari in particular. The Hervok did not want her brother going off on a dark path again and what she had in mind would do just that. The idea had come so quickly to the woman, she almost had to laugh at how cruel her mind was. She did not want any of her pack mates finding out about her ploy, though they were bound to be questionable about why she sent Narimé away. Of course, she would tell Mirren her plan and she trusted him, knowing full well that he would keep it quiet. The Lagina woman would just simply go on an extended…scouting mission. Of course, it was only if the other woman approved but Nina had a feeling that her own duplicity was equally matched with that of the gray woman.

A secretive smile played on the woman’s lips as she turned to face her friend, her emerald eye blazing brilliantly as she stared at the other woman. "I hope that my need to speak with you does not seem odd…but I have a feeling that you’re just as reluctant to remain here for a long period of time just as my brother is." She paused for a second before her smile settled into a satisfied smirk at her idea, "I have an idea…that might help you gain a pack…depending on if you are willing to go along with it?" Nina’s voice was smug. While she would much prefer to be kind and let them stay, she knew that her brother would not last long in this setting. His heart was with his family but it was also in other places. Deciding that this could turn into a long conversation, Nina sat down, imploring the other woman to do the same.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
The lithe pair of she wolves slunk through the underbrush within Secret Woodlands territory. This was Nari's first look at the lush foliage of Nina's territory. Though the woman had seen the edges of it often enough, she had always wondered what secret hideaway the den might be sitting behind within the thick woods. Her eyes flicked around the area before falling on Nina's tawny coat. The she wolf had a spring in her step now, and Nari wondered why she seemed almost excited right after learning of her pack's own hardships. However when they slowed to a stop and Nina turned to look at her Nari dutifully lowered her head. Her eyes stay averted from the Hervok she wolf while Nari's ears stayed respectfully neutral. She was forever more a faithful subordinate, doing every order Nina wished. That was what Nari told herself, because there was no other way she could pay the elder she wolf back for taking her children in. 

What came out of Nina's mouth next made Nari cock her head a bit. It was true that she would love to reclaim her territory or bring back a pack for her children to inherit. However that seemed like such a hard to grasp goal now. Nari would have been happy enough for her children to integrate into Nina's pack. I t was run by Hervok wolves. However the silver she wolf's interested was perked. She hazarded a glance upwards keeping all of her body set into a neutral pose.   

"It is a goal I suppose, to reclaim a pack for my children to one day takeover. Not this pack though... I hope you understand. " She said honestly before looking off in the direction that they had just come from. Her children were her everything. Even if they hated her now for moving them Nari did not regret it. She needed them to be safe. No matter the cost.

"What is this idea you have? You should know now that I am forever indebted to you, and you may ask anything of me. So long as it does not endanger my children." Nari answered before glancing back to Nina. She had no idea what the Hervok wolf was planning, but the woman's excitement and the hope that she could have her own pack had Nari's thoughts whirling. Maybe everything was not lost.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The alpha noted that Nari’s gaze was turned away from her. While Nina greatly appreciated the other woman’s sentiment, it was unneeded. They should have been equals, separated by lands. Luckily, the plan she had begun to form peaked Narimé’s interests and the smirk on Nina’s muzzle only grew. Clearing her throat she spoke softly but sternly, casting a look around before speaking, "Narimé…my dear, there is no need for that here. We are friends. Raise your head and look me in the eye." It was a well-known within the Woodlands pack that while Nina expected respect from her members, she would return kindness and equality to them. The Hervok would treat them like any other, as long as they remained loyal to her and the pack and followed under her rule. She was sure that the former Caverns wolves would soon find out for themselves, unless they already had a home by that time. But Nina was going to assume that they wouldn’t and was fine with having them stay with her, especially if the Lagina woman didn’t want to go along with her plan.

When her friend mentioned the children, Nina blinked, a chuckle almost slipping past her lips. Of course, the children were the first thing on her mind. The Hervok would never let anything bad come to the children by choice. However, fate had shown her that it was truly never up to her, whether or not a child lived. Clearing her throat, she finally spoke, "Of course not, I would never endanger the lives of children. They will remain with Secret Woodlands, with their father, if I am thinking this through correctly." She paused then, her single emerald eye glowing darkly with excitement. "You see, I’m sure my brother has spoken of this to you…at least, I hope he has. I do not mean to cause any disruption between the two of you. My dear, you must understand that it took quite a while for Ash to find his moral compass and sometimes I think he has still lost in. To put him into this plan and have him be made known of it, would only blur the clear lines of morality that my brother has… That is why I have called you away for this." Nina wanted to make sure Nari understood before she continued. After all, Ash had been an assassin sent in by their father to kill her. Luckily, Treena had helped him see his rights, but Nina would never mention her friend’s name in front of Nari. The golden brown dame didn’t know how much of the past Ash had told Nari and Nina wanted to try to keep it to a minimum.

She continued, "As you know, Iopah and Koda betrayed me. I still have…deeply hurt feelings over this and I want them to pay for what they’ve done… Basically, I’m asking you to be my spy. I want you to go find them and take them down. You can do whatever you see fit within the pack. Make it your own, have their members turn on them, anything as long as their happiness is destroyed." At the end of her words were sharp and aggressive, making it clear that their betrayal had hurt her deeply. "Of course, you will have to make it believable. Perhaps taking your son with her? I’ve heard that Ash trained him." Just in case Nari tried to make any objections about her brother, Nina spoke again, "And Koda knows Ash…almost too well. He tried to kill him once. It wouldn’t be a good idea for him to go with you…and I’m assuming you would want someone to watch after the children?" She waited patiently, her body tense as she waited for Nari to speak.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Nina's respect and understanding humbled the silver woman. She almost felt that she didn't deserve the right to be equal to the one eyed she healer. However the gray wolf straightened herself out to make Nina happy. It was harder for Nari to stay below the Hervok woman and so many other women because she was so damn tall. Having to be submissive was putting a crick in her neck and back, a pain Nari had never felt before. Then Nina began to speak further of her plan.

Nari tilted her head to one side reflecting the curiosity she once displayed fully in her youth. It was not often nowadays that she felt such a need to ask questions, but now as Nina continued speaking Nari felt the urge grow ever stronger. Thinking what through correctly? her first question was kept silent within the confines of the younger woman's mind. She continued to listen intently even as a raven squawked loudly over their heads within the forest canopy. When Nina mentioned her brother Ash, Nari could only nod in agreement though she still had no idea what the Hervok woman was planning. By the healers tone and the fact that she wanted to keep Ash out of it Nari guessed that it was something related to murder, and she wasn't totally sure how she felt about that. However the gray she wolf listened patiently until the real plan finally began to pour from the scorned womans lips. Instantly Nari agreed with Nina. She would be immensely pissed if Ash had done what Koda did to Nina. Probably mad enough to attack and try to kill him or his mate should they show themselves to her.  However this was Koda and Iopah they were talking about, and not Ash. Both wolves Nari had a history with, a good history.

Yet nothing angered Nari more than disloyalty, and both Koda and Iopah were the epitome of disloyal wolves who only cared about themselves. Perhaps it was @Elettra s teachings that made her understand Nina's request and want to help her. Disloyal wolves had no right to be happy with a pack they did not have to fight for. Now had Iopah stayed in Secret woodlands and won against Nina to stand beside Koda Nari would not have been angry or unhappy with her. She probably would have sided with Iopah, but what they did was wrong. Nari had no reservation as Nina asked her about whether Nari would help."I think I can certainly help you out. Especially with Iopah." Nari nodded while an evil glint flickered past her gem-like eyes. Iopah would get what was coming to her that was for sure. However the mention of her son Yuka made Nari's resolve falter. Nina said that Ash had to be there to protect the children, but he WAS one of her children. Even if Yuka was grown Nari would forever remember him as that antisocial pup who liked to romp with her instead of his siblings.

Closing her eyes, Nari sighed while trying to think of Yuka's age. Then it hit her. He's already two... I had my first litter at his age. Yuka is certainly no pup. She thought quietly before looking out towards the forest. The ravens had flown off but their cries could still be heard from the where the two she wolves stood.

He hasn't gone anywhere or experienced life nearly as much as I did when I was his age... Maybe it is right to take him, to test him in another pack. Nari looked back to Nina and finally nodded. "I'll take Yuka as well. The children will need their father more than me right now. As you said Koda knows Ash, but nobody knows Yuka spare for the Archers and your own family. It will also help that I have had good relations with Iopah and Koda in the past. I'll be able to use that to my advantage." Nari let the cruel smile return to her muzzle. Koda would be a strong opponent, that Narime was sure of. It would likely take both Yuka and her own strength to take him out if he was totally healthy. Iopah though, Nari was more confident in her own abilities where Iopah was concerned. Red, the blood of angry women. Black, the dark of ages past. Perhaps a new world will dawn? The night around me will end at last. She thought quietly before letting and excited growl gurgle through her throat.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She had seemingly won the other woman over and Nina felt a swell of pride blossom through her chest as hatred gathered in Nari’s blue orbs. Of course, Nina would be keeping most of their mission a secret from her brother, as it was the only viable option for him to remain neutral in the situation. The Hervok woman hoped that her brother’s mate would understand this. The golden brown dame had to remind herself that Yuka was still young but she was sure that Ash had taught him plenty. But Nina also knew that Koda could still teach Yuka much about being a Guardian and he would be able to learn before taking the bastard down.

She was glad that Narimé was seeing eye to eye with her. It was much easier for the Queen of the Thickets to get things done when others were in agreement with her. The woman remained silent as she gathered her thoughts, flicking her ears forward as Narimé spoke. Nodding her head in agreement, Nina continued, "Thank you for this… My pack will also not be told of what you are doing. I will tell them that you are on an important scouting mission that could take months." The Hervok woman was well aware that some wolves in her pack still held affections for her traitors. That was why she knew that Nari would be able to get her job done. Nina could execute patience and she knew that it would take time for them to complete their mission. None the less, she was more excited to bring Iopah and Koda down than anything.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari nodded silently in agreement with Nina. Though a few things bothered her, like the time frame that Nina expected this to be finished by.  "A few months eh? I'm almost positive that any sane wolf wouldn't trust a new pack mate until they've been there for at least a year. At least that's what I would be like." Nari exhaled softly as she thought about how fast or slow she wanted to go when dealing with Iopah and her pack. This would take careful planning beyond that which Nina had already done. Especially if Nari was going to keep both she and Yuka safe for the most part. They would literally have to become members of Iopah's pack before trying anything like rank challenges, and that in and of itself might take more than a few months.

Nari had the drive and patience for the plan, but she wasn't sure how much Ash would worry or miss her if she was gone for longer than what Nina had told him she would be gone for. The silver wolf hoped that Ash would understand that her scouting mission was very important. If she was gone for too long and hurt him in any way Nari would never be able to forgive herself. Would it be like when I went over the mountains to try and ally Shade's pack with my own? Will Ash disappear like Sloane did while I am on a mission elsewhere? the thoughts cluttered her head for a moment as Nari closed her eyes and tried to push her worries away. Her children were her first priority, and she was doing this for them.

The conversation had taken a pause now, and Nari could feel this meeting coming to an end. However there were a few other things that she wanted to warn Nina about before she had to go off and make sure the children got to the main den to meet Nina's pups.

"You should be wary of some of the wolves in your pack Nina..." Nari gazed out over the forest wondering if the wolves in question were here to stay or just being leaches on the packs supplies. "While Nios was entirely truthful and loyal while he stayed, he may or may not stay. He is a good wolf but I fear has a touch of wanderlust... Or perhaps he's been looking for something or someone else. " She shook her ruff then switched her gaze to a tree just behind Nina. The ravens cawed far off someplace in the sky now as the wolves conversed.

"Nios's sister Vaeta on the other paw you cannot trust. She will up and leave without a word, then probably show up totally healthy someplace in another pack. She seems to mostly care about herself. " Nari narrowed her gaze a bit. She would not tell Nina what to do with her pack, but she would certainly try to advise her against trusting so easily the members that populate her ranks.

"The only wolf I implore you to chase out immediately is Inali Wayha. I know I smell her here and that means she either left or was kicked out of Black Thorn Downs. Either way that's pack number two that she promised to be forever loyal to and pack number two that Inali has left behind. She has no shred of loyalty in her, and I have no doubt that she will at some point do it again. No matter how much she integrates herself into your pack, Inali will cause trouble." Narime kept her face and tone dead serious as she spoke of the Wayha she wolf. She caused all this trouble wanting to go and live with her friends Minka and Tokino instead of staying in Whisper Caverns. Dumb bitch could have just visited them from time to time I mean she was a scout for gods sake. Our packs could have been friendly had they not tried to take her and the others from us. Narime closed her eyes as the memories and thoughts fluttered through her head. She was still very bitter over the whole ordeal even though it had happened quite some time ago.

(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2015, 02:39 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The woman Nina had once known was dead. Instead of the innocent, flowery yearling Sloane had once fallen in love with, a headstrong, independent woman stood before her. As she listened to Narimé words, she slightly dipped her head in agreement. While she would have liked to discredit Iopah with her stupidity Nina had to acknowledge that her once loyal Second had changed right over her nose and turned into a traitorous bitch. Silence surrounded them for several moments and Nina felt a familiar sense of accomplishment fill her. Throughout her reign Nina had formed countless alliances and helped multiple packs with their hardships. However, in the process of making friends, she had also made enemies. Perhaps not as many as her dear brother, but still enough to draw concern. In her head, Nina reminded herself that it was time to have another chat with Aideen to see how she was feeling.

It was not the time for that though. Nari’s voice once again cut through her thoughts and she once again had the golden brown dame’s full attention. The topic of discussion however, caused Nina’s body to go tense. Questioning the loyalty of her members was not something Nina took lightly, especially if those members were a part of the line that Nina had a paw in raising. While the alpha could understand Nari’s concern about Inali, the Scout had proved to Nina that Secret Woodlands would be her home. Especially since the small Scout’s relationship with Yuka depended on it. While she did not know the nature of their relationship, Nina would have needed to be daft to not notice that their scents had intermingled more than once when Yuka and Ash had come to Secret Woodlands when there had been threat of war.

Nina’s smile was dry as she thought on how to answer her friend’s inquiry. There would certainly be no kicking out, especially when she considered two of the wolves as family. "What Nios, Vaeta, and Mirren do is my concern. They are practically my children and family. The Tainn children have quite a bit going on with one another…they had simply lost one another." Nina’s tail flicked up behind her with her words, her single emerald eye pinned on the other woman. She continued, "As for Inali…I’ve kept a close eye on her and kept her on a leash. Plus, my Scouts are not allowed to go on a mission without informing me and taking a Guardian with them…and I don’t think you want me to chase her out…it would hurt your son." The Hervok woman was unaware of whether or not Nari knew of the relationship between Yuka and Inali, perhaps it was one of the reasons the Lagina woman was so angry with her Scout. But Nina always had her reasons to doing things and any connection between the Thorben/Lagina family and Secret Woodlands she could get, Nina would keep close to her heart.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Nari lowered her head and cast her eyes a drift into the endless trees and bushes of the territory to show submission to the Hervok woman.

Hypocrite...  She thought silently commenting on how Nina had just said that they were equals and how she would not have to lower herself while being here, and yet Nari found herself having to do so. She had not meant to offend the woman at all with her words, only to warn Nina about the wolves within her pack and nothing more. She wasn't trying to force her into some kind of decision at all. So the sternness from Nina made Nari want to growl back a complaint though she kept that want bottled up silent and secure within her body.

With her head lowered Nari refused to cast her eyes near to Nina before she began to explain herself.

"My apologies miss, I did not mean my words to sound the way they did. I am simply trying to advise you a bit I suppose. You neither have to take my words seriously nor do you have to act upon them. " Nari spoke coolly before hazarding a glance towards the Woodlands monarch once more. Her tail hovered low, just between her legs, but was beginning to relax again to hang at her ankles. She said naught about her son being hurt by the act of chasing Inali out. It was something that did pain her, but Nari knew that it was for the best. Inali did not deserve Yuka, and she was sure that he could find a woman far better suited to his tastes than the thieving Wayha she wolf.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
One more post from you and then archive?

Nari’s tone almost hurt Nina, noticing the formality behind her words. Nina knew that Inali would not double cross. Pissing off one Hervok was bad enough, pissing off a few more was even worse. Plus, from what she had seen, the woman would not be able to give up Yuka again. After all, everything she had done concerning the war had been revolving around him and his safety, Nina was sure that it was one of the leading causes for her to intercede. Her lips thinned and she made no retort, she single eye focused on her friend. She did not want to argue with her, especially since she, no doubt, had such long travels.

It would do Nina no good to wear out her family while she was here. Clearing her throat, she spoke, her tone friendly and soft, "I’m sure you’re exhausted. I’ll show you the pack den and then maybe when you’re feeling up to it you can meet some of the others?" Particularly Aideen. Narimé would need to get to know Nina’s predecessor if everything went according to plan and they continued being allies. Considering that Nina had no plans on leaving Secret Woodlands until she took her last breath, she hoped this was the case. With a smile towards the other woman, the Thicket’s queen escorted her longtime friend through her new home, at least, for the time being.