Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
For @Vespertio <33

I'm not together, but I'm getting there
I'm in repair

Moderate snow / 36 ° F, 2 ° C  In Repair - John Mayer

The dull burning ember orb gazed at the array of carefully painted leaves slowly decaying on the hard ground. Musky pine and nightshade aromas filled her nostrils as the fallen Queen rested atop of the abandoned Poison Pat den site. She could remember the nights where this clearing was filled with laughter, joy, and family talking scuttlebutt. Now it was but a empty shell that had been left behind in the dust to rot. Her empty gaze watched as the slow falling flurries fell upon the discarded leaves, covering the autumn painted ground with the start of Winter's cruel artistry.

Athena had kept to herself for the most part since her accepted by Vespertio. The pack hunt had been the only time she voluntarily let herself be out with most of the pack. She had met a few before the hunt, but there had been many she hadn't met. The pack she had created with Vespertio at her side was now filled with strangers that she felt disconnected from. Her sister was no longer in these lands, neither was Anthem, the man Vesper and her accepted right before the accident. She had let Silver go to go be with her beloved, @Drestig in Oak Tree Bend, perhaps she could take a few days by herself and go see her? If only, Vesper would allow it. Even though she would be right back after visiting her, Vesper could think she abandon him again and she could lose all progress that she made in getting him to trust her again.

(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2015, 05:35 PM by Athena.)
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Golden irises watched wearily from atop the communal den as the slow falling flurries began their descent from the grey washed skies above. The unique shaped, ivory snowflakes doing their hardest to cover up the warmer toned leafs that had fallen long ago to decay upon the cold earth, leaving nothing but flecks of reds, yellows and oranges beneath the thinner sections of snow to remind others their presence was still around. Soon, though, the snows would claim this place in its entirety allowing nothing to escape its chilling grasp. The true, cruel reality that winter was here to stay and cause havoc.

A shift in the breeze brought a light dusting of snow to the already gathered collection upon his thickening pelt along with a faint perfume too familiar to disregard. Heaving rib cage in the form of a heavy sigh, the agouti man knew eventually he would need to confront Athena about the events of the pack hunt sooner rather than later. Today, being sooner. Shifting onto all fours Vespertio nimbly descended the fallen ladder like tree that allowed him passage to and from the stony surface of the den he often referred to as his personal throne, allowing his sense of smell to guide him towards the location of the pale coated woman.

It wouldn't take him long to reach the abandoned den site the Moon vixen had opted to inhabit since her acceptance, a decision on her behalf that he refused to admit left a sour taste in his mouth. "Athena." He spoke casually as creamy limbs carried his bulk closer to the perched woman, keeping his tail at a neutral stance. There was no need to posture in his old lovers presence for she knew well his power. She had been the one to bestow the crown upon his dark masked skull.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

Athena Moon
Please drop the past and be true. Don't think we're okay, just because I'm here

Closing her eyelids briefly, the alabaster matron took a deep breath into her nostrils, releasing a deep sigh that was mixed with frustration, worry, and anger. With the events of the pack hunt still hanging above her head, she couldn't rest easy at the thought of Vespertio's anger towards her. Athena had thought of finding the herds and hopefully leading a successful pack hunt would put her in the path to his good graces, however, she was successful in certainly the complete opposite. She had unwisely put them all at risk and Athena had nobody else to blame, but her own reckless self. However, the ivory woman hated with every inch of her heart how he scorned her in front of the others. Yes, he was the leader and had every right in everyone else's minds, but not hers. If she would have scoured the whole lands, the herds would have detected her and fled further south and out of reach of them. She was simply trying to help.

Mind muddling over it still, she was almost unaware of the handsome devil himself enter through her poisoned path and towards the rocky den she laid upon. White audits flickered in his direction as she heard his footsteps even with her thoughts occupying her. Raising her ivory skull from her forelegs where she had rested it, she remained apprehensive and stoic towards him. "Vespertio," she returned, calling him by his full given name instead of the nickname she usually called him by. The vixen was in no mood to be particularly nice to him if she had to. Come to scold me again, huh? She wanted to blatantly say, but thought against it. Though, she may not try to tread so lightly if he did so.

You hurt me bad, but I won't shed a tear
(This post was last modified: Nov 20, 2015, 01:27 AM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Scolding her before strangers and fellow subordinates alike was a poor decision on his part, regardless any right the patriarch had in doing so. He could have waited, should have waited, but chose not to. It wasn't easy for the Vuesain to control the emotions that raged inside. One part of him longing for the familiarity Athena offered, one part torn at the thought of losing what had come to blossom with Namid. The rest of him screaming to be rational. He had children to raise, how would they view him if they came to know the bond their father shared with another woman whom was not their mother?

It was like nails on a chalkboard grating against his ears hearing the tone of voice she used to address him. The ivory woman opting to use his full name in place of the nickname she had come to so easily dub him in days prior. A heavy sigh of his own was expelled from his lungs as rust tinged audits swung back to rest against the thickening fur that lined his skull, tail flicking apprehensively at his hocks. There was no doubting he had earned a mirrored front row seat into her bad graces from the public scolding issued earlier.

Hesitantly Vespertio lowered his creamy limbs to allow his haunches to touch the cooled surface of the earth, the plush of his tail flinging bits of dirt into a small plume of dust with each small thump. "I've come to apologize if that means anything to you." Sincerity etched deep within those molten gold irises of his as they met the single fiery orb of Athena's, hoping she would see past her temporary anger at him to hear the truth conveyed in his words. His world had become such a chaotic place as of late. His past had come hurtling into his present so sudden and unexpectedly, there were bound to be times where the wrong lines were crossed. The miserably failed pack hunt one of the very lines.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
Athena Moon
I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

Her mismatched gaze met his fleetly as he settled down in front of her, a heavy sigh released from his chest. His days as leader of Fallen Tree Cove have likely been stressful and a drastic change from his once solitary ways. Athena was curious as to how he was handling the responsibility she had a hand in giving to him, though tonight would not be the time where the former Queen of the Lake would ask such things. That would be a discussion for another moment where the vixen wasn't so infuriated with the King. 

Breaking the silence, Vespertio's words were softer, kinder this time as he gave her the apology she craved from him for his actions the day previous at the failed pack hunt. He may have had the authority to scorn her in front of their fellow pack mates. Hell, Athena probably would have done it if she was in his place, only if they had been a simple subordinate and not a significant other. She would have kept that private. The embarrassment she felt had been enough for her to be hard on herself. He was right, she had been a fool not to have checked those lands before. But, she had been to those lands so often it she must have grown accustomed to the scents. 

The anger within her was still coursing through her veins as a hard gaze feel upon the agouti man. "Do my feelings mean anything to you?" She spit out, leaving no time for her to think about her words. Athena always believed since her return that she always put Vespertio's feelings into perspective. She tried to stay away from his family for the sake of him having to explain the relationship they had as well as not withholding the truth about her hand in the creation of the very pack his subordinates resided in. The ivory vixen always thought about him and how her actions would affect him, that's what was keeping her from letting him go. He was always a priority to always think about. But she was not one to him it would seem.

Though I can't seem to let you go.The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down. Something always brings me back to you.It never takes too long.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2015, 07:02 PM by Athena.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Vespertio could have sworn he felt the sting of her claws colliding with his cheek as the question tumbled loose from her salmon tongue, a single optic closing to reveal an obvious wince in response. The rust tinted audits upon his head once more swept back towards the rear of his skull. Of course the ivory woman's feelings meant something to the tawny man, hell they had grown too close in days prior for him to so easily brush away the ties that connected them. Regardless of the pain she had single-handedly caused him and having a wife and children now, he still cared deeply for Athena.

Molten gold irises dropped their gaze from the single fiery one above, eyelids closing in a near anguished manor as another heavy sigh escaped his leathery lips. "Of course they do, Athena. I loved you for too long to have them be obsolete, even now." Creamy lids lifted to reveal those sunny eyes of his once more, limbs lifting to bring his frame back to its full height. A swift shake freeing the collection of fallen leafs that adorned his lower extremities before slowly approaching the perched vixen. "Hell, I still love you." the words toppled off his coral tongue before a proper thought was to be had, but there was no turning back after it had been said. Creme tinted limbs froze in that moment, unsure of how this proclaimed affection was going to be received, or if another had happened to hear the words fall from his lips.

It was a constant tug-o-war inside the Vuesain's head and heart. One side pulled by Namid, the other tugged by Athena in a battle over who would win his love entirely. It was exhausting on the plains brute, but he knew not how to deal with it all. Never before had such a predicament crossed his mind as plausible.

Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon
The love is here and here to stay
so lay your head on me
and I'll love you till the sun dies

The ivory vixen opted to think before she spoke and when she could see the obvious pain she had caused Vespertio with her words, she regretted her hasty outburst. Athena had always been a spitfire and still has that within her, but the fierce, young lady she once was years ago, grew into a wiser, more calculated woman throughout the years who thought more about her actions and the effects they may have on others around her. With years of mistakes that still troubled her sorrowful mind, the aged woman didn't have the heart to do anymore damage to herself or to her loved ones. And with seeing the painful grimace upon his noble face, guilt and regret shot straight through her spine, making her own face and heart wince in pain.  

Dropping her fiery gaze from his, Athena couldn't bear watching his pained face any longer. A desolate silence followed her words until a weighted sigh left his ebony lips, causing the alabaster dame to lift her one-eyed gaze to his closed eyelids. His next words shocked her, leaving her speechless for a moment as she thought them through. She never thought Vesper had actually loved her, though all the signs of him having had would have been clear to many then. But she had been blind to his true affection and devotion. Certainly when he said loved, he no longer held such strong feelings like he once had. He may still care about her and her feelings, but the King had a wife and children that must have his heart whole and full. Athena was no match compared to them, she was in his past and they were his present and future. 

Mismatched eyes locked onto his intense golden gaze as she watched his creamy limbs bring himself closer to her, her heart beginning to sound louder against her chest and within her eardrums. The words that tumbled off his ebony lips as he closed the distance between them, took her very breath away from her. "Hell, I still love you," echoed in her head as both of them froze in shock. Confusion swept over her. How could he possibly still love her? Blinking rapidly to keep the wet tears away that started to pool, her head shook back and forth, confusion clearly written on her face. "Hh- ow? After all I've done to you?" She questioned softly, her gaze resting gently upon his. His love had been what she always wanted, to know he held the same affections towards her that she held towards him then and to this very moment. However, hearing him slip those words though the air between them, shocked and awoke her deeply. But gave her hope. Oh, how dangerous that feeling was going to be.

Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Two hearts beat frantically as one as the ice melted from his limbs with each stride that brought the tawny pelted man closer to that of the ivory coated woman, intense golden gaze refusing to deter from the fiery counterpart of Athena's. A mental dam that had been installed to hold back the whirlpool of emotions cracked further and further each paw step taken until the cement wall gave way completely, a flood of suppressed emotions engulfing the lakeside king like a torrential riptide. Perhaps it was just the play of the light, but a glint of moisture visible against the corner of the Moon woman's eyes and a look of confusion perplexed the male. "Hh- ow? After all I've done to you?" grated against Vespertio's eardrums.

Well that was a perplexing question to answer and one he wasn't sure he had the right answer to. Days in plenty were spent pondering a similar question. How could he still hold such strong feelings for a woman that deserted him at his most vulnerable, at a time when he was so certain they would rule the world. Together. "I wish I knew how to answer that. I don't know how, but I do." Was his answer, a hesitant step bringing his looming body within closer proximity to hers. Oh how that suppressed side of him longed to curl up around her slender frame like old times, to feel her fur mingle with his. To test if that intense sybaritic electric spark between them still existed. He needed answers.