(See All?) Announcements
448 Users Online
Bing, Google

keep on trying till you run out of cake — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><ul>Yes, Still Alive is stuck in my head. Happy Rapture!</li></ul></span>
Basically, he was killing time. Thoughts of the puppies consumed him, and he longed to get near them, to see them. But he had to wait what would probably be several more weeks, and even then, there was still the matter of Jaysyek. He would need to work on her, find some sort of crack in her defenses and squirm back into her good graces. Overall, he was unsure of how doable that was. He didn't know Jaysyek well enough to gauge how deep this grudge ran. Kiche could be damn persuasive and cuddly if it pleased him, though, and he decided he'd put his hopes in that.

Still, it was clear it would be a long wait, and he was desperately impatient. Often he found himself pacing about in the den, pacing about in the woods, circling around the ancient tree den which he knew housed the puppies. He now felt as if he were just a sum of the steps he had walked, how much distance he had covered. He could not go far, though. Constant vigilance was necessary. He needed to be within cult boundaries, in case something happened. What if that raving mange-bag came back? What if the puppies opened their eyes and asked for him? What if they asked about Pangur? He would need to be nearby, just in case. Oh, he was so on edge as he prowled through the darkness. On edge, sure — but not hyper-alert. <i>Splash</i>.His left leg plunged into the shallows of the stream, and he snarled, jumping back.

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 21, 2011, 11:33 PM by Kiche.)
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Adalae who has 7 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alejandro Mantegna
Alejandro breathed quickly in and out, scenting the air. It was filled with the scents of various types of trees and.. something else. Upon closer inspection, it was certainly a wolf. The wind was on his side today, and told the male wolf that this wolf was male and... very different. His scents was remarkably strange and unlike the other wolves he had met insofar. He smelled of the forest, dirt, and new life. There was no lone wolf smell about him. Was this a pack wolf that - Daedalus - was speaking of? <i>It is time for.. further inspection..</i> the wolf decided absentmindedly, as he weaved in and out of the trees.

At first his plan was to follow the wolf, find their home territory, and waltz right in the middle of their "base" (if they had one) and speak to their leader while asserting his position. Soon he realized that this tactic would be unnecessary, as he reached a small and shallow stream. Small beams of light that got past the towering trees reflected upon the pool, chasing the shadows away. Before he even stepped any farther, he noticed that the other wolf was not that far away at all. The multicolored wolf simply watched. This wolf also looked slightly agitated - impatient of something, even. Was he waiting for someone, or was he just relaxing? Had he been <i>following</i> Alejandro, and then ran ahead to intercept him? At the thought, the male wolf couldn't help but release a small growl of anger. He considered receding back into the shadows from where he materialized, but decided that this was his time to go forth. This wolf, who was definitely a pack wolf, would meet Alejandro.

He purposefully stepped on a stick nearby, listening as the sharp crack reverberated off of the trees. The male wolf figured that the other wolf would hear and come investigating, whereon Alejandro could reveal himself. For now, he simply waited, watched, and listened.
(This post was last modified: May 23, 2011, 11:26 PM by Alejandro.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
A sharp crack, a break in the air that shattered any semblance of serenity, echoed in the splintered darkness of the night. Kiche's head swung sharply to his right, to the source of the sound, and he sunk into a defensive, low stance. There was something out there. His mind began to make connections out of facts that didn't exist, fabricated realities his mind produced to fill in the vague patches. He began to jump to conclusions. A monster. The devil was out there, and he had come to claim his soul. He would be snatched up and fed to the hellions in the fiery depths of Hell. Flighty and agitated, Kiche's eyes flicked about in the darkness, trying to catch sight of his tormented.

Long fingers of slanted moonbeams illuminated the forest, reaching their stretching, milky arms through the tree tops to paint a silver wash over the scenery. And one particular slender limp fell upon the silhouette of a stranger, who merely stood there. Underneath it's foot, Kiche could just make out the shadow of a cracked twig. Eyes narrowing, Kiche called out, "<b>Identify yourself. None of this shady sneaking about, heathen! None this funny business.</b>"
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alejandro Mantegna
Alejandro noticed that the other wolf was quick in his reactions, and immediately responded to the crack of the twig. Al thought to be completely straight forward with this wolf, and from his words he appeared to be easily twisted. <b>"Heathen?"</b> he scoffed, <b>"There is no heathen here, only perhaps yourself! I have come to give you, and all in this forest, salvation. I extend you an invitation to help me on this journey. You, and all others who would agree with me. Before I ask you whether or not you will aid me.."</b> Alejandro used the term 'aid' loosely; for he would be the one doing most of the planning. Only now did he step out of the shadows and into the light, allowing the other wolf to see him.

As he did this, the wolf wondered if it was a mistake to do this the way he had thought. Perhaps the wolf would not respond the way he thought he would? Al shrugged this idea off, of course it would work. Why wouldn't it? There must be at least one wolf who wanted salvation. From first impression, this seemed to be the one.
(This post was last modified: May 26, 2011, 05:50 PM by Alejandro.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
The counter was a well aimed javelin, and Kiche prickled visibly. Heathen? He, most certainly, of all the damned souls out here, was the closest to salvation, the farthest away from damnation. While the damn thing extended an offering of salvation, Kiche was skeptical. He spoke like a snake oil salesman, promising something impossible in a tiny vial filled with colored water. "<b>You speak so confidently,</b> <i>comrade</i> <b>for someone so sorrily mistaken. I am no heathen, I am a follower of God, and only he will lead me to salvation.</b>" Did this... (heathen? wolf? God-lover?)... fellow really think <i>he</i> could offer salvation?

Perhaps he misspoke. The talk of a journey intrigued Kiche, as he too was on a journey, a journey to salvation and heaven and holiness. Was this wolf a fellow brother following the unmistakably beaten path to goodness? Kiche suddenly wondered if he was being too brash, too quick to leap to the offensive, too quick to leap to anything. Sighing, he fell back to his haunches, watching the creature as it stepped into the light. He took a moment to scrutinize this apparent brother that had manifested before him. He looked for all the world like a commonplace, unexceptional mixture of earth and white tones, like any other <i>wolf</i>... He sighed again, "<b>I'm sorry. I'm getting ahead of myself. You... you must understand what it's like, when you live out here with other heathens. But... Tell me more of this journey you are one. I too am on a journey.</b>" There was an expectant orange gleam that played in his eyes, reflecting in the flashes of moonlight.
</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Alejandro Mantegna
Alejandro noted the irritation that rippled through the other wolf's body at his words. Perhaps he was mistaken? Perhaps.. perhaps he was wrong. Maybe this wolf was not interested in salvation, of ceasing the drumming, and of creating a perfect world. Perhaps. But yet, Alejandro doubted it. Maybe he had just underestimated this wolf and his reactions. He would only discover this if he continued the conversation that he himself had begun. <b>"I do not believe I am sorrily mistaken."</b> Al replied, bristling with annoyance at the suggested stupidity. <b>"Believe me, I am much more confident.. powerful.. and intelligent than you could imagine. Along with that, I am a follower of God also. Perhaps this meeting has been written in our destiny.. But God himself has showed me the way."</b> His eyes became cross as he watched the wolf's stature change and become more relaxed. Maybe he had seen the light that Alejandro was offering him? A light that really was not one that God would have approved of.. but the means do not matter as long as you achieve the proper ends. Who cared if he was lying to the other wolf of his relation to God?

This wolf- whoever he was- looked like he was on a journey himself. What was this trail he was blazing? Certainly it was a different one than Alejandro, that much was certain. Al glared at the other wolf, looking him up and down. The other wolf's brown pelt mixed with ginger. His orange eyes glimmered in the sunlight with an emotion that could even be described as.. evil. Cunning, at the most. Alejandro's investigation was interrupted when the male wolf in front of him seemed to come to his senses. Now it was time to delve deeper. <b>"I am on a journey for bringing salvation to others and making <i>it</i> stop.</b>" He knew he was being extremely vague, but he supposed that the wolf knew what he was talking about. Why would he? It was pretty obvious, since the other wolf was clearly suffering the same mental tortue that Al had to endure every moment of every day. <b>"You speak of a journey with a trail you blaze yourself. What is this that you speak of?"</b>
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2011, 05:41 PM by Alejandro.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><b>editing to end this since Adalae said she lost the muse for Al.</b>
"<b>Pride is a sin, brother. You would do well to forget it and repent,</b>" he replied levelly, though his eyes were narrowed. Although he wanted to sing with happiness at the joy of finding another man of God here in the depths of hell, he found himself restrained. This man was not an angel or a saint, like Aisling. This man was a sinner. How cruel, it seemed, that the only other pious soul for miles around would be nothing more than a common sinner, who could speak of God and destiny, but in the same tongue speak such hellish things. Oh, how he longed to embrace and kiss this stranger, though, who spoke of salvation and Pangur. But he did not. Instead, he only watched as he felt his brother's eyes examine the length of his body. What did he see there? Could he see the light in him, could he feel it?

But this stranger had spoken of his journey, had expanded on it, if only briefly. He too wished to bring salvation to others. In a silence response, something inside Kiche flickered and danced with desire and joy. And making it stop. While he did not explain this, Kiche felt that he understood in his own way. His own mind supplied a true name for the pronoun: the Devil. Didn't they all want to make it stop? His smile curled with a softness that spoke of his understanding, his willingness to help, but... suddenly it was as if the light flickered and things looked different. Things looked very strange indeed, much darker. In reality, it was merely a cloud passing over the moon, darkening the forest. But to Kiche, everything seemed so much stranger, more malicious. And he realized he shouldn't trust this stranger. He was not very good at following Pangur. He was a sinner.... Why did Kiche trust him? He shouldn't. Kiche couldn't trust anyone, and he knew that, and he had told himself that time and time again. Why had he faltered just now?

Devil magic. Of course. Without answering, Kiche snarled, deciding that he could not believe this heathen and his cryptic responses. He was probably just a liar, just another heathen. Before the situation could escalate, though, Kiche dashed away into the soft sable night.
</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Jun 10, 2011, 07:44 PM by Kiche.)