(See All?) Announcements
558 Users Online

Phantom faces at the window — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Close to midnight. Half moon. @Yuka

The she wolf's emotions were in melee. She could've sworn she had scented Yuka and Ash at the borders just a few days ago. Not only theirs, but Nari's as well. The subordinate was curious, for why would both alpha's arrive at the thicket borders? There was really only one answer, and Inali was terrified that the path of her thoughts were true. She had caught a glimpse of their children here and there, but she had yet to approach them. How she wanted to meet them, but she wasn't sure if her ex alpha, Narimè, would be okay with that. Maybe this was the work of the fates, and Inali could finally have the chance to repair her relationship with her long ago leader. Did the woman still hold hatred in her heart for the aspiring scout? Making a note to possibly seek out her old alphas soon, the woman was coming back from a short hunt and began to follow Yuka's trail. She had dropped the two hares that she had caught in a nearby cache and set out to find the reclusive guardian.

After their reunion, her mangled heart had healed just a fraction. Inali was glad that that was all behind them now and she was eager to see him again. As she delved deeper and deeper within the thickets, her paws were light as she seeked him in the darkness. The light of the moon helped, and as his scent grew stronger, her search became more intense. Maybe he could explain what had occured to the Cavern wolves. "Yuka?" she called out softly. Her tone was both a mixture of anticipation and weariness. What bad news would he divulge tonight?

"speech"”Speech”
HermitCrabStock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He felt like he was just waiting for something to happen. He did what needed to be done, even though it hadn’t been long since they had joined Secret Woodlands. Inali’s scent was heavy within the territory and the young man could only hope that the former Caverns wolf would have wit to stay away from his mother. As he had found recently, she could become quite scary. Yuka had a feeling that it connected back to Sloane’s disappearance. He would never utter such words aloud though. There was an unspoken agreement that they wouldn’t speak of his absentee father. After all, the only parental figure he had grown up knowing was Inali. Nari had disappeared on a trip to find their father and in the end, Ash had turned out to be the closest thing he had to a father. The Guardian had taught him, in more ways than one and the Thorben was eternally grateful to the dark man. Especially for bringing to joy back to his mother.

He was sitting in his thoughts when he heard his name called out. His russet ears flickered forward, a small smile planted on his mouth at the voice of his angel. Silently, he scolded himself for such childish thoughts. Inali was a living being, even if she had lived from her near death experience, it just proved that she was a strong, living being. He remained silent for a moment, his large body moving awkwardly through the thickets as he made his way towards Inali’s call. His facial expression returned neutral once again when she came into view. Clearing his throat to get her attention, he spoke in his deep tenor voice, "Inali…it is good to see you again." His voice was a gruff rumble and it truly was a joy to see her again. Yuka wanted nothing more than to repair some part of their relationship. Cocking his head in curiosity, he spoke again, "Is there something wrong?"

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

His voice made her head turn towards his direction and her blue gaze immediately warmed at the sight of him. At Yuka's words, the smile that had appeared on her maw so brightly once before now dimmed slightly. There were many ways she could answer that question for there were many things wrong. But she didn't want to burden him with her troubles. After all, Inali was not a woman that liked to dwell in despair in front of other wolves for long. For how could she bring her companions joy if she felt none herself? Shaking her head, the gentle woman spoke. "No, there is nothing wrong my love. I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to go for a little hunt to stretch my legs." The endearment came out so easily, so naturally, that it almost felt like their conversations of the past. But this was now, and Inali knew she had to tread carefully. This was new ground - a new balance with eachother needed to be figured out.

Eyeing him, she smiled. He held darkness within him, but unlike before, Inali accepted this part of the man she thought as her son. "You've kept yourself busy," she murmured softly. She knew he was a strong individual, for he sure looked like it, and yet she worried. She hoped he wasn't pushing himself too hard. Sitting down comfortably on her haunches, Inali faced him in the confort of the night. She was happy to notice that he wasn't trying to hide his face from her view. That was one step forward to repairing what they could of their close bond. The woman wanted to step closer, but she wished Yuka to be comfortable so if she needed to keep a distance, she would.

"speech"”Speech”
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

Yuka watched her facial expression as she answered his question, inclined to see what she would say. At first, he found himself looking at the scars on her muzzle. Minka had inflicted them and while he could see why Inali’s former friend would inflict pain upon her, it still made a boiling flame stir within his heart. When she first spoke, her endearment made him uncomfortable and he eyed her to ensure that the distance between them had remained. While the Thorben could tell that she was lying to him(as he had always been able to do), he did not push her for details. He knew to leave ‘well enough’ alone. Inali didn’t like getting caught up in her own emotional warp and cooped by getting involved with other wolves’ lives. The russet hued man probably wouldn’t have minded either had it not affected her stay in Whisper Caverns. If she had remained with them the Caverns would still be alive. Now he and Narimé had to do something…something that Ash couldn’t even know about.

To her inquiry, he remained silent, dipping his head in acknowledgement to her words. She was right, he had been busy but it hadn’t been his doing. His mother and Nina had been grilling him for days on their plan, something that could take well over a year to achieve. He didn’t even know the treasonous wolves that they were going after, just that Nina, Ash, and his mother hated them enough to want them gone and have their home destroyed. Clearing his throat, he spoke, "Yes…Nina has my mother and I going on a mission. So, you’re not going to see me for a while. It’s an….extended scouting mission, so I don’t know when I’ll be back." Or if I’m even coming back. He didn’t want this news to upset her. So he continued, "This will be safer for you though. Narimé still hates you and she would make your life hell by remaining here." While the gray woman had never said such words out loud, Yuka could only imagine what the large woman was capable of, especially when she hated someone. Unfortunately, that someone was Inali.

Thank you TABs
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

His news surprised her, her widened blue orbs clearly stating her emotion. Nina was sending them on a mission? What could possibly be this extended scouting mission Yuka spoke of? The woman was in no way envious, for she had long come to the realization that she wished to leave her scouting days behind. Still, she did not pry. Inali felt that this was something that was to be kept between the individuals involved, and was even surprised that Yuka had even told her of this. But she was happy as well, and a warm feeling brewed in her heart. A regular mission would last a few days to maybe a few weeks, but a mission longer than the normal could last for months. At least Yuka would be with Narimè, and he could take care of himself, so he would be fine. He would be fine and he would come back to her. Right?

His next words made her flinch slightly. It wasn't like she didn't deserve the woman's hatred. But she still hoped that maybe one day she could earn her forgiveness. In her gentle tone, Inali responded. "I realize now that I could have handled that situation...better." She should have talked to Ash and Nari herself, not let Minka take the lead. She should have told Yuka before that dreadful meeting, give him time to maybe accept her decision instead of forced to hear it from someone who he did not even respect. There were so many 'should haves' but the time she had spent in Black Thorn Downs had changed her. "I wish I would've handled things better, but it wouldnt have changed my decision. After leaving Whisper Caverns...I grew up, to put it in simple terms. I met the love of my life, Yuka. I dearly ache for Nari's foregiveness one day, but I wouldn't change any of the choices that I have made since leaving the Caverns, since they have changed me into who I am, same as you."

The woman was lost in her thoughts, not realizing her slip of the tongue. He had grown into a strong man in her long absence, and though his choices had brought him darkness and pain, here he was, resilient and so, so beautiful. Inali lowered her gaze, one paw figdeting on the ground below her. Silence consumed them before she managed to breath out the question she had been dying to hear the answer to. "Yuka, what happened to the Caverns?"

"speech"”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Dec 05, 2015, 06:56 PM by Inali.)

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

The boy had changed from the innocent little pup that Inali knew. He watched her silently, his amber teal-flecked eyes burning into her, avoiding her eyes. He knew that if he looked into them, she would be able to see into his thoughts and it would destroy him. The woman had always been his weakness and he was sure that it was the only thing that hadn’t changed after all these years. It had destroyed him when she left and when he had almost murdered her. He still had not told anyone about it, not even Ash and now that she actually was alive, he was hoping that they could keep it their own little secret, one they would never share with anyone. Yuka hadn’t known it back then but he had developed a crush on his mother figure and it had never truly died. Of course, now that he was leaving to go do a job for Nina, he would never be able to vocalize such hopes for them.

And then there were the words she uttered. He had to repeat them over in his mind a few times before he came to terms with what she said. The russet-hued man stared at her, remaining silent and collecting his thoughts. Apparently, he had already lost her, to the whims of a man he didn’t even know. He jaw clenched together and he remained silent, waiting for her to continue. When she did, he still did not like the topic but he did nothing to change it. Pursing his lips together, he spoke quietly, "After the pups were born more members left and it was only Ash, Nari, and I. It was hard for us to support the pack so we had to disband and we came here."

He stepped away from her then, his eyes taking in her form. He bit the inside of his cheek, trying to remain calm and not ask the question that was burning inside of him. However, his curiosity got the best of him, "Who is this man…? Do I know him?" His eyes burned into hers now, cold, uncaring. He didn’t want her to see the inside of his heart, inside of his mind, it would be dangerous and his best option was to block out his emotions while he got the answers that desired.

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

She had expected some sort of the scenario he now vocalized to her, but it did not lessen the shock of it. Ash and Nari had made the right choice to come to Nina, for she was loyal to Ash and would aid him in his time of need. But she could only think of the pups...how did they feel? Being uprooted from their homes so drastically? Did they truly understand what was going on? The petite woman could only nod at Yuka's response, but her mind was in another place. Yuka, Ash, and Nari would be of course saddened to leave their home, but they at least knew that sometimes loyalty was promised but never truly given. The woman almost scoffed at her thoughts. Didn't that describe her? But this wasn't about her. Would Ash have a problem if she wanted to meet his children? Yuka making distance between them brought her out of her thoughts, and Inali looked up at the scarred man, concern on her features. Had she done something wrong?

What he said next made her grimace slightly. How could she respond to his questioning? The love of her life was not a man, but a woman. Would he be as open and understanding as @Bane was? Or would he be close-minded and disgusted? The love she held for @Naia was not wrong - it was pure and beautiful. Still, how could she make him see that? She didn't want to lie...but she didn't think he was ready for the whole truth either. Staying silent a few more moments, Inali opened her maw. "No...you don't know this individual. I love this wolf...but I think I lost them." The woman breathed in a shaky breath, not wanting to think about her failing relationship. There was nothing she could do. She was banned from Naia's pack lands and Nina needed her. On rare occasions did she have such trouble with finding words, but she couldn't help it. Her pain was still fresh and now her beloved was seeing all of it. His teal-flecked orbs were cold, and Inali ached to see warmth in them again.

"speech"”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2015, 08:11 AM by Inali.)

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

His eyes softened slightly at her words, a tug of guilt tugging at his heart at the sick pleasure he felt from hearing it. Of course, he would not tell her this and would not reveal to her how much he hated the idea of another wolf claiming her. She was, after all, like a mother to him and the idea of anyone hurting her infuriated him. Whoever the man was, Yuka felt an instant hatred for hurting her and if he ever had the esteem pleasure of meeting them, it would not hesitate to rip out their throats and feed it to the bears.

The creamy russet-hued boy observed her quietly before finally speaking, "I’m sorry to hear that…" Of course, he wasn’t sorry at all but he would do what was needed to comfort her. Inali had never been gifted in hiding her emotions and it was evident that she was distressed. The Thorben, as a child, had never wanted that, and now, he found, he didn’t want it either. Yuka pressed on, "Are you happy here?" He briefly glanced around the thickets to indicate what he was referring to. It seemed that Inali enjoyed jumping from pack to pack, and the man wondered if she had finally found her fit. After all, Yuka was coming to realize, Nina was not a woman anyone wanted to piss off.

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Feel free to fade babe <3

His voice brought her out of her thoughts and a light smile tugged at her lips at his try to comfort her. There were pretty words, useless words, but still brought her comfort because they were coming out of his maw. Her tail flicked lightly, and warmth was once again beginning to appear in her bright blue gaze. His later question startled her, for she had not been expecting it. Was she happy here? The warmth spreading in her chest was the answer.

"Very," she murmured gently. She had friends, and she had a new family she was growing to love. Unfortunately, Yuka was leaving as soon as it seemed that they were repairing their relationship. But he would come back, Inali was sure of it. "I have all I need," she continued. But not all I want, she added to herself. In her perfect world, Yuka would be with her. Bane as well, and Naia, the love of her life. They would be happy. But she didnt live in a perfect world. Sighing softly, the woman smiled up at him. "You need your rest... to prepare for your journey." Inali was forcing herself to acknowledge that she needed to part from his company. He really did need his rest and she did too. But who knew if he would even listen. As she moved to go to the communal den, she brushed against his side and Inali's goodbye was soft as she dissapeared. "Goodnight, darling...stay safe." No matter how hard she tried to convince her heart of the fact, in there, he was still her quiet, little boy that was headed towards a strange place she couldnt follow.

"speech"”Speech”