499 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Adora, Jethro

Like Father like Son — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Korrin Hervok
@Ash

His sister was missing. Nineva was missing.

The boy at first had thought his sister had just gone on one of her explorations. She would be back either in a couple of hours or, latest, in the dark of night. Never would he had imagined she would be gone a whole day. Thats when worry began to prickle at the protective brother's heart. When the second day rolled around, the worry seemed to consume the whole pup's being. Immediately, he went to his father. His father would know what to do. Ash would be able to find her, right? He cared for both of his siblings, but @Nineva was the one he felt truly most attached to - no matter how annoying she could get. The young protector had been so sure his father would do something, but as the days dragged on and the young pup saw nothing occuring, anger started brewing within his heart. It was the same dangerous anger that brewed in his father's soul.

Not wanting to yet lose hope in his father, the boy decided that maybe his father needed a little help. He found the dark man that amazingly was even bigger than his father and told him of his sister. The man seemed very serious and Korrin held hope that something about all of this would be done. But as the weeks passed and Korrin could see nothing being done, his anger at his father steadily grew. Now, he stayed by  @Rose' with an almost vicious intensity. The young protector was determined that she wouldn't leave from him too.

He wanted to go out and find Nineva on his own, but his parents rules were clear. More than anything, he wanted to find his sister and bring her home, but he couldn't dissapoint his parents nor leave his little sister behind. Finally, the time came for the pup to reach his breaking point. Heading to the den where he scented his father to be, he approached the man that he had always admired. Korrin wanted to be just like his father when he grew up, but right now, he was dissapointed in the man. In both of his parents, but mostly in his father. His green gaze seemed to darken and the father would see a frighteningly similar blackness in his son's eyes that even at this tender age, could rival his own. For when it came to his siblings, Korrin would soon realize that there lived a darkness within him that could easily be unleashed.

"Dad!" he barked. "We need to find Nineva!" His father, his hero, was only serving to be a dissapointment.

"speech ”Speech”
ConvulsionStock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

[Image: korrin-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

He was exhausted. By day he was taking care of his children and by night he was looking for his missing child. Nineva meant the world to him, just like the rest of his children did and he was working tirelessly to find her. At night, after he put the children to bed, he would look for Nineva, trusting that Secret Woodlands would keep a careful eye on Korrin and Rose. The fact that his wife and adopted son were off to a place that Ash didn’t know anything about also weighed heavily on his shoulders. He also had the secret meeting of his ex-lover on his mind as each day passed. He knew he was loyal to Narimé and loved her with every part of his core. She saved him from falling into the dark pit he was familiar with and he would be damned if he let go of his light.

Currently, he was trying to think of where his daughter might have run off to. The most viable option was Hush Meadows, but Ash knew he didn’t have the time to go look for her there. It hurt him to know that he would need to leave his children and the Hervok man knew that it was not an option. However, he also knew that if his wife returned and found that one of their children were missing, he would no longer be alive. Instead of being to think on that though, his ever protective son showed up. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep that drove his anger or the fact that the woman who held his sanity was miles away, but when his son came in accusing him of such, the dark burly man was quick to whip around, his lip pulling back into a vicious snarl as his mossy green eyes pinned on his son. Without thinking, Ash let his voice boom heavily over the child, ”What the hell do you think I’ve been trying to do, Korrin?” He had been more intimidating than he had meant to be, puffing his chest out to look even bigger than he was as he towered over his only son. Anger coursing through his veins, the father pinned his harsh gaze on his mini-me, daring the child to question him even further.

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive No Rank
Korrin Hervok

He had heard of his father's infamous temper, had even caught brief glimpses of it, but never had he witnessed it full blown as he was now. Every inch of his frame wanted to cower and whine, submit before his father so that no damage would be done between them, but he was also his father's son. At six months, the boy had grown into his large paws and limbs, and would continue to grow into a frame that promised one day he would be towering over the man before him. Straightening his shoulders, the boy rose to his full height and his emerald gaze stared at his father's vicious gaze unflinchingly. Hackles beginning to rise, the boy aimed his blow where he knew it would cause the most damage. Coldly, coolly, he stated ”You're obviously not doing a good enough job."

The boy didn't know of his father's sleepless nights searching for his missing sister. Korrin assumed he was just doing long nights at the borders, with the other wolves he saw there. The boy was angry and hurt that his father didn't seem to even care that his daughter was missing. Korrin ached to go out and search for her, but his father's rules were clear. They were not to leave the territory. Nineva had left and now she was missing. Annoyingly, Rose seemed to always slip by his vision and doing who knows what outside the territory. Nineva had always craved adventure while Rose seemed to only cave attention. Korrin, unlike his siblings, didn't care for either of those things. He just wanted to keep them safe and sound like his father had always instructed him and they made it increasingly frustrating for Korrin to do so with their constant dissapearing acts. Now, glaring up at his father, Korrin knew he was in deep trouble but couldn't find it within him to care.

"speech ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
Permission to PP Korrin.

He was never one to keep his temper well. The only wolf that had ever been able to calm him at all times had been his first love, Treena. While Nari certainly had a talent for calming his nerves, he found it infuriatingly easy for him to grow angry once more. So now as he looked into his sons eyes and saw so much of himself, the Guardian’s control snapped. Luckily, due to Korrin’s current growth, his body was currently unbalanced and it made it increasingly easy for the father to knock his child on his back. The Hervok man’s lips pulled back into a snarl and looked straight into his son’s eyes, a paw placed firmly on his son’s chest to keep him in place. Ash was a tank, it was obvious in the way that he walked and his awkward gait. With every step it was easy to see the father’s built body and when he needed to, he used it to his advantage. Perhaps with his son, it wasn’t such a good idea to use it, but he was blinded by rage and nothing could stop him now.

His voice was cold and hard as he spoke to his son, something he hadn’t been familiar with since he had sent Minka and Tokino away. His tone was mocking, ”And you think you can do better? Feel free to not get any sleep and possibly get lost as well while looking for Nineva. You don’t know these lands the way I do. I practically own them. You would be wise not to open your mouth when you do not know what you speak of!” He paused then and his voice dropped to a low rumble, ”Do you understand me?” His icy glare was directed right on his son, making it clear how displeased he was with their current situation.

Inactive No Rank
Korrin Hervok
Slight pp <3

The breath was knocked out of the growing Hervok child as he suddenly found himself on his back. His emerald gaze widened as his father effortlessly pinned him to the ground. Korrin knew there was no use in struggling, for his father's build was massive and to Korrin's limited world knowledge, his father was the strongest man he knew. His father was furious and his cold, mocking words hurt the boy. It was clear that not only did the father feel anger towards his only son, but disappointment as well. Korrin swallowed the bitterness that thought left him with, for he was not used to being the target of his father's scoldings. No longer did the boy feel anger towards the man towering before him. As quickly as the raging emotion had come, it had disappeared in the face of his father's response. How could Korrin had ever thought that Ash was doing nothing to find NIneva?

Now that his anger had cooled, he only felt embarrassed and ashamed. "I understand," Korrin replied, his tone back to normal. Tension still filled the air, and Korrin didn't dare fidget or say another word. He would give time for his father's own anger to cool before he somehow made him lose control again. Finally, Ash removed the paw that had been pinning him to the den floor. Korrin held back a sigh of relief, for it was starting to get harder to breathe as his father continued to pin him down. Taking a breath, the Hervok child  moved to sit and looked up at his elder. "I'm sorry, dad. I...," The boy's brows furrowed, not knowing how to explain his feelings. There was a big possibility that he would never see Nineva again, and as the boy looked up at his father, his emerald gaze silently begged for Ash to tell him differently.

”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Nov 22, 2015, 07:44 AM by Korrin.)
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

His anger coursed through him like an old friend and he welcomed it readily. His son finally seemed to understand who he was dealing with. While Ash would have loved to give a much harder punishment out, Korrin’s eyes stopped him. In them, he saw fear and the Hervok man was transported back to when he had pinned Nina similarly…and had almost killed her. With this realization he pushed himself off of his golden boy, his lips pressed together firmly as he moved away from the boy. The dark brown reddish man sat down, away from his son, and looked up into the sky, desperate to see stars that so often comforted him. Those, however, would not be out, it was daytime.

To Korrin’s apology, he said nothing, his mind in a different place. He cared about his children more than anything in his life and he would be damned in anyone thought otherwise. While his wife’s wrath was certainly enough to leave him shaking, he was more concerned with Nineva’s safety and whereabouts. He looked over at his son, once again, noting the fear within his gaze. Ash had never needed to worry about his siblings. If they disappeared, he had been trained to think of them dead and if they were to ever return, then they were shunned, hunted down, and assassinated. That had been the man’s occupation when he had been under his father’s rule and it had only broken when Nina finally kicked some common sense into him. It had been hard at first, but with Treena’s help he had recovered and moved on from that low point in his life. But now his son needed comfort from him and the scarred man did not know how to do so. Comfort was his wife’s specialty.

Looking back towards the sky, he sighed softly before speaking, ”Nineva was not pleased with the fact that we had to leave the Caverns. She made it perfectly clear to us and even clearer now. Hopefully, she realizes she needs us and then she will return. It’s up to her now. We don’t know where she is, but she knows where we are.” His words were soft and he opted for the truth. It was the easiest and most convenient way for them to communicate and Ash didn’t want Korrin growing up to view him as a liar.

Inactive No Rank
Korrin Hervok

The growing pup watched in silence as his father stood quietly, more than likely thinking on how to respond to the boy. Korrin was no full fledged adult, but he knew by now the difference between truth and lies. What was truth and what was fluff. What would his father respond to him with? His ears strained to catch every word that his father stated, because anything that concerned his siblings was extremely important. Korrin's head bowed sadly as his father spoke what he already knew. He knew Nineva had been unhappy, and at the time the boy had been slightly annoyed with his favorite sibling because she hadn't realized that they were unhappy too. Hadn't she seen that they were in pain too? But like everything else, Nineva sometimes only thought about herself. He felt guilty thinking these thoughts, because she was his sister and he loved her.

He didn't care anymore that Nineva wasn't the nicest wolf sometimes. He didn't care anymore that she didn't get along with Rose most of the time and had to break up their fights. He just wanted her home. Unlike his father, the boy still didn't know yet how to mask his feelings, so the full brunt of his pain was there for his father to see. But he only nodded to the man, signaling that he had heard his words. Taking in a deep breath, the pup proceeded to push away the pain. He wanted to be strong like his father, ached to be as strong as the man he worshipped so that maybe the pain would become more tolerable. Looking up at his dad, the pup asked another question that had been tearing him up inside. "Why did Mom and Yuka leave?" She had barely said goodbye to him and his siblings before leaving the thickets and do who knows what with his scarred brother.

Was she the reason Nineva left? Had her leave been the last of what his sister could take?

"speech ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The man remained where he was, his mossy green eyes searching the sky for answers he needed. His son seemed to have regained some of his pride and once again approached his father, seeming to realize his wrongdoings. For a moment, Ash glanced down at the boy before turning his gaze back towards the sky. The question Korrin asked him deeply troubled the man, but only because he didn’t know the answer. With a sigh, he glared at the sky, disappointed that it was daytime. When he spoke, his voice was soft, ”You know, there is a certain comfort in the night, my son. Whenever the stars are out, I am comforted by the thought that those who have passed on are looking over me…and that your mother is being looked over by them as well.” He blinked then, bringing himself back to where he had been and looking over at his son.

He had not meant to ignore his son’s question and had the intention of answer it, but he needed to figure out how. Ash nibbled on his cheek before answering Korrin’s question, ”They had to go on a mission for my sister and for our family. I don’t know where they are…it is very important that we are being kept in the dark about this The only ones who know the full intel is your mother, your brother, and Nina…” His son would surely end up being a Guardian when he was older, much like his father, so now was as good a time as any to start his training. So with that in mind, Ash looked over to watch his son’s reaction.

Inactive No Rank
Korrin Hervok

Korrin gazed up at his father, his emerald eyes patient for the man's response. When his father finally began to speak, the boy followed his emerald gaze up to the morning sky. His father's thoughts were sort of comforting to the boy, knowing that at least someone was watching over his mother when him and his father couldn't. They were safe, so didn't that mean his mother and brother were safe too? The boy did not voice these thoughts to his father, happy to keep this new revelation to himself, but he did nod and smile up at the man. Ash was not his mother, but the man still achieved in comforting the boy - though his ways were obviously different than Narimé's.

As his father continued on, explaining why his mother and brother were gone, Korrin looked away from his father to think. This was new news. Ash had said though that they were gone on a mission for the family. And didn't "mission" basically mean "duty"? Korrin had long since realized that duty was an important aspect in life, and each day as he watched the grown ups go about their daily tasks, he realized that duty, family and loyalty was something wrapped up into one big thing that made up a pack. Without those three things, were you truly a pack? Finally, Korrin looked up to his father and opened his maw to voice his thoughts. "Well...if they're on a mission and its for the pack and our family its okay. After all, its to make us stronger right?" Duty was good. His father's duty was to protect them. His mother's as well. And his...his was to listen to his father and keep an eye out for his sisters return.

"speech ”Speech”

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

His son was already wise beyond his years and while it was disappointing that the boy had a part of his childhood stripped away from him, it would only benefit him in the future. Ash’s mossy green eyes turned towards his son in pride, giving him a nod. He could see much of himself in his son. Unfortunately, it seemed that his son had been lucky enough to inherit all of his horrible qualities but some of his good ones as well. No doubt, Korrin would be protective over his family when he was older and would be a natural leader. He had the brains, he would only need to work on the skill and that only came with experience.

”That’s right son…it’ll make our family stronger. Because even if we’re separated for a year….or two years….when I look at the sky, I will think of your mother and her smile and the look in her eyes when you and your brothers and sister came into this world.” A smile flashed on the man’s face, one of the rare ones that came out when his guard was down. But as soon as it came, it was gone and he was once again the serious Guardian. Looking down at his son, he continued, ”I just know she would want us to be happy and I know it’s hard but it’s the best we can do right now.”